Old 08-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #166  

Hey Solo - WB
I'm on modified Gold so I get 2 1/2 proteins a day. I have 1/2 protein in peanut butter on toast every morning....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:51 AM   #167  

Hi Cathy --

Are you doing the program with lites or w/out? I find the protein in a lite is enough to get me thru a few hours ... I don't have 1/2 proteins, but I have thought about splitting one..
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #168  

I have 1/2 protein for breakfast. It's usually the Smoothie with tofu or 1/2 serving of peanut butter or Egg Beaters.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:21 AM   #169  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Thanks Mary ... I am wondering how big a "sample sized" Luna bar is ... LOL !!!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:23 AM   #170  

Mof3 - it's probably just enuf to make you want more....lol
Old 08-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #171  

Hi ladies: I was luring first thing this morning, but really shouldn't be posting at work until lunchtime so here I am.

Ruby: Glad to see you back, and glad your getting additional work. Too bad about CB movinig, but better to be friends and once your at goal and visit him in NYC - he won't allow you to return if he's as smart as you say he is. Of course, you will probably lose interest if you haven't a already.

Mandy: Please don't reveal our secrets when you become a COD . What a way to stay on plan! Now you can tell us what goes on behind closed doors.

Rusty, I totally understand about your not being able to post at work. I try to post only on lunch and before/after work. Sometimes I can't resist!

Went to COB yesterday. The news was bad at the scale. I got Tiffany, she's a real cutie and couldn't yell or be mean if she tried. She says, "What's happened to you?" She couldn't believe how much weight I gained since the last time I saw her when I was 5-6 lbs from goal. Now I'm 13 lbs from goal. Was that a reality check or what? She is so right! I told her I needed a scolding, and she said she is there to encourage and assit me at my weightloss. I have to admit, I was trying to make excuses as to why my weight is up, and she was right again - I don't have anyone to blame but myself. She said how can she or the others help me if I don't come in for them to encourage me? Right again! She said I had 11 weightloss weeks left, and she was taking 4 of them way - she is giving me 7 weeks to get to goal. She'll put the other 4 in for maintenance as she expects me to be there in 7 weeks. I have to say, when I followed it POP - it worked like a charm. I'm not making anymore excuses (or at least not today ). I have a job to do and the deadline has been issued.

Here are her suggestions for me:

Stay on the Blue Plan because of my 4-5 hour/week exercise.
Drink 80 - 100oz of water daily
Follow the plan the old way using my food selections in this way:

BREAKFAST
1/2 protein
Starch
Fruit

MID MORNING
LA Lite

LUNCH
Protein
Starch
Veggie
Fruit

MID AFTERNOON
LA Lite

DINNER
Protein
Starch
Veggie
Veggie

EVENING SNACK
Diet Jello with Fruit and SF/FF Cool Whip

I've been saving my lites for the evenings and she asked me to try it this way to see what happens. It's worth a try, right!

Gotta run, Hugs - Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:50 AM   #172  

Come on, Sy, we can do it -13 pounds in 7 weeks!!!! sounds like Tiffany is an angel counselor. . when is that 9/15?
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:18 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 171/167/135

Height: 5'5"

Another breakfast protein option - low-fat cottage cheese
I miss US cottage cheese - the UK cottage cheese tastes horrible!

I think they recommend only 6 eggs/week b/c of cholesterol issues - although have heard eggs contributing to high cholesterol is a bit controversial.

Sale Note - In December they usually have major sales - everyone is so busy with Christmas and they are trying to make year-end numbers. I usually buy bars in bulk during that time frame.

Went for 2 mile run this morning...
henrygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Just lurking.. but wanted to chime in on the egg thing.. LAWL limits the eggs per week. But nutritionally, eggs contain a good fat that we don't get when we follow a low fat/nonfat diet.. it is the fat needed to trigger our bodies to process all fats appropriately.. One of the essential omega fats.. to put it simply, it basically contains a fat that triggers our livers and gallbladders to eliminate waste, helps with constipation and slower moving issues) some experts have said adding two sensibly prepared eggs a day to a diet, will help process fats thru our systems, helping eradicate bulk. (get rid of rolls ) for more information on google fat flush.. a lady wrote a great book, some of it very fad dietish, so if it looks like a fad statement, it is a fad statement, but from a nutritious view, it is very strong and factual. It's a good read for information, just so we know what happens to what we put in our mouth, and what happens when we don't put what we need in our mouth.

Okay, Not as interesting as the general starbucks hour, but it's all I got
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:51 PM   #175  

Hi Debi-

Well I don't know about anyone else but I was hanging on every word.....
Thanks, I'm getting the book.......is it the Fat Flush?
We need more good info like that - Gosh knows we don't get it from LA unless they are selling it....lol
Old 08-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #176  

Thanks so much Norissa, auditgirl, Julie, and Regina for answering my question about who determines the goal weight. That makes me feel a LOT better! Since I want to lose about 150 lbs I was a little afraid to go in b/c I was worried they'd only let me sign up to lose that much and I just can't afford, like, $600 right now!

I actually called to get some info and ask if they were currently running any specials. HA! The consultant who asnwered was *very* perky and friendly, and practically wouldn't let me get off the phone. I'll have to nip that pushy thing in the bud when I go in--I'll be nice about it (I know it's their job to sell stuff), but firm. Hopefully that will work.

Once again, I'm SO glad to have found this forum. The more support the better!

Lynn
LynnRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:13 PM   #177  

Star,

Yes, the book is called the fat flush, but avoid the plan about the one day diet something or another... the pre fast diet days &information is sound, but I have serious doubts about the liquid only fast part..even if it is only for one day. That's why I say ignore the fad parts of the book.. it is never really a good idea to switch your diet to only liquids.. thats not how we are designed to work. I especially love the information on good fats and bad fats,, we all know they exist, but we don't know what ones to get, how much and why we need it.. where it comes from and what supplements to use to replace what we are not eating.. I love it.. it's easy to understand and use..

Mary..

the hot lemon water,, I use 2-3 coffee cups per day, this doesn't count towards my water per day and makes ya pee, so no long car trips, avoid doing after 8pm..
good luck..
Old 08-04-2005, 01:18 PM   #178  

nudder question..

with the luna's, I know they don't count into the allotted proteins and starches, but if you wanted to use one as a meal.. (not advised, I know).. how would you chart it? Is it 1/2 protein or more?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:53 PM   #179  

LynnRoo -
Just know before you go in that they will try to sell you the entire package. Be firm that you are on a budget and can only afford so much. Then they will ask you if you want to you can charge it on Care Credit, which is a credit card with 0% if you pay it off in (I think) three months. (they act like this is free money or something lol). They will also tell you this is an investment in you, for your health - blah-blah-blah.
You are at an advantage becuz you know you can sign up for the minimum and stick to your guns. There are girls on here that bought zero maintenance and zero bars.
Also, go in like your are just really kinda thinking about this and losing weight, don't act like your really anxious to get started. After your meeting with them, tell them, if you want to, that you have to discuss this with your husband, mother or whoever that is helping you with the cost. That will buy you more thinking time....
Hope some of this helps....if you have anymore questions just ask...
Old 08-04-2005, 03:16 PM   #180  

Star,

can someone just buy the weight loss- not the other parts?

DD