Old 08-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #196  

Default MetalChic

I think you may have confused me with Linda's post. My birthday is the July 22. I don't know about hers.

I've made you some avatars to choose from. I don't know what you like, but I did use the one you are currently using and added your name to it. Also, I didn't know whether you wanted Karen or MetalChic on them.

If you don't like any of them, just let me know what you do like and I'll make some more.

Here's where you can see/save them. Just right click on them and save to your drive.

http://public.fotki.com/EweWho/metalchic/

Last edited by EweWho; 08-04-2005 at 08:15 PM.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:10 PM   #197  

Fiona, did you ever have "the talk" with Mom about smoking? Sorry if you posted about it and I missed it.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:12 PM   #198  

Fiona - what kind of business does she do?

Sounds like a lot of fun, and you'll never be bored!
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #199  

Julie - she runs a horse boarding stable - about 70 horses on 80 acres, 5 full time "barn" employees and a dozen part-timers...and never a person other than her in her office for the last 17 years!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:01 PM   #200  

Hi all! Just catching up with all of the posts.... There's ALOT going on since I've been on so I'll just send everyone Slim Happy Thoughts! The one topic that caught my eye is the discusssion about LAWL suppliments. When I joined I wrote down the ingedients and mg's of them all. There are safe-MUCH cheaper- suppliments out there that match LAWL's. I'm not trying to disourage anyone from trying LAWL- they do work. I'm just not on a buget that makes it practical to buy thiers... IF anyone wants to, PM me and share some of the info I've found.
shannon_jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:53 PM   #201  

Wink Here's a bit more...

Julie: you asked my height....5'1"

I am 31, almost 32, and have 2 kids: db 5 & dd 16 months. My dh is 33 and SKINNY...but he never eats....I am a SAHM and like it, but I think that's where my weight has come from too.

Oh, drat. My dh says it's my turn with the kids. Ask me anything to get to know me. '
mistletoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:00 PM   #202  

Hey GAlS, well I spent my whole day at Sea World and as much as I tried to stay on plan it just didn't happen. Oh well back on tommorrow. I figured it was so hot outside anyways, I probably melted anything I ate off.

Regina, no I didn't blend the coke float when I made it but, only because I didn't think to do it. I bet if you blended it with ice it would be more slushy and taste even more so like a coke float. I think I might try that tomorrow.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:58 AM   #203  

Hi everyone, just poped in to say hello.

Mistletoe: What does SAHM mean?

Fiona: Your new job sounds awesome. Your Mom keeps that little pony right, so you will get to see if more often. The job perks sound great, close to home and choosing your hours. You'll have the place in shape in no time. Your Mom will be so prompt on everything with your organizational skills - she will wonder why she didn't hire you earlier (plus, she may get to relax a little - sounds like a busy lady). I'm also curious, did you ever have 'the talk' with her?

I'll be lurking and post if I can.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:06 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 171/167/135

Height: 5'5"

How much weight do you have to loose to go down a dress size? 10 lbs? 18 lbs?

I have lost almost 30 lbs and haven't really changed... I just went from the 14s being too tight to them being loose; but most of my 12s don't fit in the waist yet. I am 5'4" and would like to wear a size 8.

Sy - SAHM -- Stay At Home Mom

Last edited by henrygirls; 08-05-2005 at 07:28 AM.
henrygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:08 AM   #205  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Michelle - I think you are right about 10lbs being a dress size, that is what I have heard. And I am the same way ... I have lost 17 lbs now, and I haven't seen much difference with the way my clothes fit, they are definately a bit looser but I have as of yet dropped a size.
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:11 AM   #206  

I was wondering that too. I have lost 28 lbs. and my clothes are a little looser, but no major diff. and definitly no size difference. hopefully it doesn't take TOO much weight loss to change sizes! lol.
912go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:22 AM   #207  

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Ladies!

Thanks Regina! I love them all! I don't know what I was thinking. I must have thought your name was Linda or just having a braindead moment.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:41 AM   #208  

Henrygirls: Thanks for info with SAHM. I didn't have a clue!

About clothes sizes. I think it may depend on your height/weight and body type when it comes to dropping sizes. I've always heard between 10-12lbs when I use to go to WW.

I started at 199 and I'm 5'7" tall. Before starting to lose the weight this time, I started in a 'TIGHT' size 16 (maybe I should have been should have been in size 18 jeans - but who ever wants to admit they need to go up another size, right?). I'm between 165-168 and now wear a size 12. My younger sister and I are the same height. When we are at the same weight, she is always a size smaller than me. I have a flat butt, she was a rounded one. I have thinner legs, she has bigger ones. Her chest is smaller than mine, but my arms are thinner. I still wear a XL top as most of the L show too much of my bra line fat in the back area. My bra size hasn't gone down any after losing, but it now fits like it should. It doesn't answer your question, but wanted to comment. Also, you may be suprised if you went shopping - you may not think your down a size and will be pleasantly suprised.

Hugs to all, Sy

Last edited by SyracuseNY; 08-05-2005 at 09:06 AM.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:09 AM   #209  

Michelle,

I think SY gave a very good answer to the size question, that question comes up here now and then...
I have always heard 10 pounds to drop a dress size, but I think that is too much of a general answer. It depends on your frame size, body structure, etc. No two chicks are built identical right?
I'm 5'7" and right now I wear 12's and 10's. I have a couple pairs of 8's but like SY says I think they were a fluke of the clothing industry....lol I work out alot, my bra size has gone down in the cup size from a DD to a D. I have lost my back fat from doing weight training. I have alos built my triceps and need to stop here. My tops are mostly mediums becuz I have small shoulders.
It does seem like 30 pound is alot to not go down in size, but hey if your tight pants are fitting loose now - what else matters?
I've never really been into 'sizes' so much as how the clothes fit. I know some of my friends always freak if the 'size' is bigger than they want it to be. I never really understood that too much?
The main thing is your getting smaller and that's the whole point and your weight is going down and that's all good.......
Done with lecture...step down from soapbocx..........

karen - I love your new avatar - she is hot looking.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:17 AM   #210  

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Star! Regina hooked me up.....

My sizes have changed about every 15lbs or so. But everyone is different. Even at a size 18 my waist-to-hip ratio was the same as it is now. I lost the weight all over and evenly. I did loose a bra size, cup and inches.

Star, when I started noticing back fat; I knew I had to lose weight. I had never had back fat before. Then suddenly, BACK FAT! Now it's GONE!

Check out this thread. Someone else was asked about sizes before. There are alot of different repsonses. Maybe it will help.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57383

Last edited by MetalChic; 08-05-2005 at 09:20 AM.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote