Old 08-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #46  

What is the web for the BMI? I use to know but forgot...
Anyhow the reason I wanted to be 150 is becuz that will put me well into the 'normal' range. I think for my age, height 'normal' is under 158. That was important to me, not to be 'overweight'
BUT some chicks on other threads say that if you workout alot, the BMI chart might not be right becuz of muscle weight.....so who knows? Actually I don't think I look overweight at all now.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #47  

Height: 5' 4"

This is the CDC's version and explaination.
http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/calc-bmi.htm

But, all should read this. Make sure you go down to the bottom and look at the overweight and obsese celebrities and athletes and see if it makes sense to you. http://www.bmiscale.com/

Last edited by MetalChic; 08-02-2005 at 11:12 AM.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:11 AM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
Actually I don't think I look overweight at all now.
I say, "If you look good, WEAR it!"
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:12 AM   #49  

Default Julie!

So glad to see you didn't get stuck out in the desert! I hope you had a good time. Did you get to see your aunt and relatives? It is so good to have you back.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:14 AM   #50  

Meta Nad Regina - Dang - for some reason my computer won't let me go to the BMI website right now........ugggggggggggggg
Regina - Well I am wearing it, but it's all about a number you know......About my goal weight, it is alittle high. Back in the day, I weighed 120 - 130. But when I came up with 150 the reasoning was at any less I would probably be one big skinny wrinkle.....
Old 08-02-2005, 11:26 AM   #51  

Regina - amazing that desert, isn't it! Talk about desolate, until you get closer to Reno. . I do love northern Nevada - it's so open compared to the area that I live in -- the people are friendly --

Have to tell you - my rental car was a fire-engine red brand-new mustang - I almost felt like Christy Brinkley in National Lampoon's Vacation - although the only comparison between me and Christy is that we are both women. And maybe that we both like(d) Billy Joel.
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:29 AM   #52  

Default .

Julie - Christie ain't got nothing on you chick........

Well other than about 2 or 3 x husbands and a couple spoiled kids.... Oh and maybe that song that was written for her.....
Old 08-02-2005, 11:31 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

good morning all you chickies..

I've been MIA for the last 4 days.. reading, lurking... I went off plan last Friday... not really on purpose, but just kinda teetered off.. not bad eating, just not keeping track... Sunday, I did have a manacotti, but it made me kinda sick for a few hours.. too much cream sauce, after 8 months of nothing even close to that rich... I weighed in today.. one day early, and am 166.2.. I'm taking this week off plan.. eating lean proteins, salads and luna bars when I'm hungry..drinking a ton of water, but not obsessing.. I really need a mental break from my weight loss..my weight seems to be the only thing my life has revolved around the last 6 months.. I've lost a whopping 4 lbs for the obsession also..don't get me wrong.. I'm thrilled the 4 lbs is gone, I just need a mental break from thinking about the size of my ---.

On a new subject.. I have some vacation time coming up here.. a weekend away in Leavenworth, Wa.. get to catch some plays and musicals.. a week at a coastal vacation home with the family.. Just weekends, full of fun and family... I'm really looking forward to the relaxation that comes with time off work.

thin thoughts to all.
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:40 AM   #54  

Metal - Okay according to that one I should be 159 to be government approved and normal.......
Old 08-02-2005, 11:48 AM   #55  

I'm bored. It's a boring day. Only 29 (working) hours, 43 minutes left at this job. Whew.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #56  

Star, what do the guys at work think?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #57  

Karen - do you think I should really ask them? They are guys, they like young, 'thin' women with big boobs........not old, average weight women with saggy boobs....lol
Old 08-02-2005, 12:16 PM   #58  

They would probably tell you the truth considering they aren't interested in you THAT way.....
Old 08-02-2005, 12:17 PM   #59  

Okay - you are probably right.....they are out back at lunch now - I'm gonna ask them.....I'll report back - if the answer doesn't hurt too bad....
Old 08-02-2005, 12:51 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
Karen - do you think I should really ask them? They are guys, they like young, 'thin' women with big boobs........not old, average weight women with saggy boobs....lol
How do they know they are saggy unless you whip them out and show them? Wear a tight bra and no one will notice the difference between you and the young, perky ones.