Old 08-05-2005, 09:31 AM   #211  

Karen - I was the same way with the back fat, I never had it until I got too big and then it just grossed me out - eweeeeeeeeeeee And actually it took me along time to get rid of it, it was right underneath (on the sides below) my bra.......I think I only got rid of it with exercise and thank God!

On that thread you posted, Aphil has a very good post about 'dropping sizes' (that chick is soooooooo good with sharing important information!)

Last edited by Star; 08-05-2005 at 09:34 AM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:35 AM   #212  

Height: 5' 4"

I noticed the back fat in the car. I would be driving and trying to figure out why I was uncomfortable. Kinda felt like the right side of my back was touching the left. EWWWWW!

Aphil is a very good source of information on here. She sure knows her stuff. She also gives some other ways to look at things, which is good. Thanks Aphil!

Last edited by MetalChic; 08-05-2005 at 09:37 AM.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #213  

Morning chickies!

Well, I'm definitely not going to have a boring last day - the girl they offered my job to accepted and she's starting today! So I will have 8 straight hours to confuse and overwhelm her with info - lol! J/K, she seems really, really nice! And has the right kind of experience so I think she'll catch on quickly.

Weight has been the same the last few days - I've been eating mostly OP but picked up that darn soda habit again! I don't know how I can ever expect my mom to quit smoking if I can't even give up pop for more than a couple weeks without lapsing. And for those who have asked, I haven't had "that talk" with mom yet - she's been running around like a crazy person the last couple weeks and it didn't seem fair to drop that one on her on top of everything else she had going on, so I'll save it for Monday.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:39 AM   #214  

Default ...

Aphil is chick for the day..........
Old 08-05-2005, 09:44 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 171/167/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for all the input and the link to the prior thread. It can be so frustrating. I am anxious for my 12s to fit (since most my fall wardrobe is 10/12). I really want to be HOT for DH xmas party (last year, I was my fattest ever and this was the 1st time I had met everyone). I figure xmas party is 18 weeks away and hopefully 25-30 lbs lighter!

I know I am still battling the middle bulge from my 13 mos old son -- my waist was over 55" when I gave birth - from a side profile: I could bend my arm at 90 degrees and open my hand and still not see it b/c my belly was so big!

Maybe it is true that is gets harder to get your figure back with each pregnancy and age.

Love avatar - Metalchic! Regina you are so talented!
henrygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:47 PM   #216  

Hello Everyone, happy friday. Well today has been a good on plan day and I am planning on going out dancing tonight, I am saving a startch so I can have a drink, but I am planing on dancing away some pounds. Well, I hope ya'll have a good weekend and stay away from the bad stuff. Oh, yeah and don't forget to drink your water.

It was kind of funny to see people posting about when do you go down a dress size, because I was wondering the same thing the other day when I had to buy a bunch of new clothes for work and after spending about $300 dollars I thought to myself, well I wonder when I am going to have to buy a smaller size. Who knows, I think everyone is different, also I think it depends on the style of the clothes or the cut. Anyways, talk to ya'll later
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:52 PM   #217  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

Well, first off let me explain my absence. I was in a car accident 2 weeks ago. I broke my foot (minor), and I am a little banged up so I was off work until Tuesday of this week. I've been playing catchup ever since. I think I may have gained back ALL of my weight because even before the accident I had not been totally sticking to plan, but these past 2 weeks I've been WAY off and now my clothes are getting tighter. My plan is to go into the COD tomorrow morning, pickup some more bars and start...again. We just got DHs car back yesterday, so this means we are no longer down 1 car and I can get to the store, to the center, to work, etc. Just thought I'd pop in to report. I will see you all soon-ish.

Carm
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:02 PM   #218  

Hi chicks- board's quiet today -must be Friday!

Fiona - I know you'll be leaving with a smile on your face! Hope you'll be able to stay online in your new office.

About sizes - I think that when we are bigger it takes longer for the sizes to go down. I can say at about 30 pounds gone - my 18's and 1x's are way too big - and the 16's are just about right. However, I know that the last time I lost weight as I got down in pounds lost, the sizes seemed to change really fast. That may be because I was pretty diligent about exercise, too - I really think it makes a difference.

Norissa - WTG on the tshirt! Nothing like these small victories to keep us going.

Misletoe- just wondering about your goal weight - I gave up on 120 a long time ago - I'm 5'4".

Mary - about your DH - how about getting him to change one habit at a time?? I think I read something about that - like in Reader's Digest? It's true that women are MUCH better with the short term discomfort of being hungry if we know that we are losing weight . .

Hope you all have a terrific weekend!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:15 PM   #219  

Carmen! I was wondering what happened to you, chickie! Esp since we share caveman feet! Hope yours are doing better

Julie
Old 08-05-2005, 04:18 PM   #220  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi!

Fiona~good luck on your new job although you won't need it. It sounds like fun actually and probably a lot of work. I'm sure you mom is very appreciative.

Going to see my friends tonight at their hotel/water park after work. We're going to the bar for Happy Hour and Karaoke night. (No, i doubt i'll be singing. I wouldn't want to hurt peoples ears... ) Eric may join us tonight, or he may join us tomorrow at the mall of america for dinner. I'm looking forward to it. I saw her and hubby and kids on Wed. night for dinner. This is one of my best friends who i went to kindergarden with. I've been pretty good about being OP, but i haven't been good about weighing in this week. Next week will be better.

I've been busy with my blog check it out if you like http://www.mitchypoo777.blogspot.com/ And since getting involved in that i've been busy learning HTML and also wanting to do some charity knitting... Always too much to do.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #221  

Michele - You are very pretty - pretty and nice - great combo! Like your Blog...
Old 08-05-2005, 04:37 PM   #222  

Arrow goal weight

Julie
I figured that being 5'1" I would probably be able to reach 120. I was 110 for a long time...about ages 18-25, then I gained 5 pounds because I was careless about what I ate. When I got married (for the 2nd time) I was 125 and became pregnant shorly after. I gained 50 lbs. I ate really badly afterwards and only got down to about 140. Then I got pregnant again...I lost all of that weight right away, but have gained about 8 lbs back in the last month because DD stopped nursing.
Anyway, I'm sure I can lose more weight by eating better on LAWL. I want to get to 120, but I'd be happy with 125...maybe even 130 (seeing as how I'm older and have had 2 kids since the low weight!). Are you allowed to reset your goal weight?
thanks!
mistletoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:49 PM   #223  

Michelle - great blog - someday soon I'll have to learn how to do this. BTW - (Regina was reading these, too) - highly recommend Debbie Macomber's novels revolving around a knit shop in Seattle. . Kept me up much too late last night reading. Would call these woman's fiction instead of romance, although there is a good bit of romance in them.

Misty - I don't know if you can change your goal weight - check with the COD when you go in? I suspect that many people do want to change it when they get down to their final 5-10 pounds -- I'm sure you won't be the first person to ask! I don't think they'll refund any WL weeks in any event. It's one of the reasons I didn't try to go for what the 'charts' say I should weigh - which is about 120-125 -- I'll never make it. I'd be absolutely frustrated trying to reach that magic number.

Star - Hi!

Julie
Old 08-05-2005, 04:54 PM   #224  

Misty - You can change your weight goal - I'm sure without a refund....I changed mine with no big deal...
Old 08-05-2005, 05:03 PM   #225  

Star - what did you change it from? Did you change it to 150?

Julie