Old 08-03-2005, 10:50 AM   #106  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

No excuses for me today, i'm going to be OP. I went to get groceries last night, i have all my food with me today and know what i'm having for dinner already. I have to be sure and get my H20 in today though. Haven't had any yet.

Julie~welcome back!

Hello to all!
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #107  

Okay, where did you chicks get those magical avatars? (Michelle, I'm looking your way)

And, Michelle, glad that you are jumping back on the wagon with me. BTW, the conference I went to last week had Debbie Macomber as one of the speakers-- she's writing books with a knitting theme, and we received skeins of yarn as a party favor.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:02 AM   #108  

Julie - Our very own Regina has designed these cool new avatars for us. Aren't they awesome? You can't beat her price either.....lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Hot lemon water 2-3x day has been a wonder for my water retention.. this is not replacing any of my regular 84 oz or more water that I drink.. I found it best not to have the hot lemon water after 8pm, or I'm up all night peein..

Protein in the morning is a good jump start for your metabolism, also helps cut cravings for sugar and starch in the mid morning. regular doses of protein thru the day do the same thing. kinda like feeding a wood stove, to keep the heat burning even and stable, you feed it small amounts of wood on a regular basis.

WI this am (wednesday work WI) 166... whoo hoo...
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:34 AM   #110  

Default Just got a smile....

Cool thing just happened. A sales vendor, that hasn't been in for about six months came in this morning. She said she couldn't believe how much weight I've lost - I'm like Anyhow it made me feel really good, like all this effort isn't wasted.
As Julie would say a "non-scale" victory.....
Old 08-03-2005, 11:45 AM   #111  

Star,

Congrats.. you hottie..

Mary,
some people just have to yank things out of other peoples hands.. the neighbor is a doornob.. a jealous doornob, and it is very apparent why he has never gotten a promotion. Remind Eric that he got the promotion without the vote of doornob man, and he can enjoy it without the permission of doornob man. Not to mention if doornob man knew everything he thinks he knows, he wouldn't be doornob man. Eric got the promotion by being himself and will do a wonderful job by being himself.

Congrats to your family..
Old 08-03-2005, 11:47 AM   #112  
217/177.8/150ish

Julie, oops I didn't think of that.. I guess I better not use it since I don;t know how to count it...

Woohoo Star I know that your feeling great right now!!! Thats the biggest booster ever...
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:13 PM   #113  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

OMG, how cool is that! What kind of yarn? What was she like? What are you going to do with the yarn?... i know, off topic, maybe you can PM me?

Michele
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #114  

Star: What a NSV! Way too go. Just goes to show that we are way to critical of ourselves. Keep up the fight!

Mary: Just goes to show you that you can't always believe what people have to say. There is probably a BIG reason why the other guy has never been promoted (like his MOUTH). Tell DH congrats from me and to do what he's doing because he must be doing things right! Just chalk up that guys comments as experience (like - don't trust him). Too bad there is always someone that will be jealous of someone elses success (like I am of Karen/MetalChic but NOT in a negative way ).

Julie (T/Jewel): Welcome back! Sure did miss reading your posts. If you posted details of your vacation, I miss it. I'm glad your back. Yeah, when I returned from vacation - I was also craving veggies.

Well, at work so gotta run. The internet monitors will have my job if I don't get back to work. Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:37 PM   #115  

Wow, Star, that is FANTASTIC -- just think what the men are thinking, but aren't saying. ..

Sy -- haven't posted much on the trip, nothing much to say, except that the landscape is totally different for this Virginia chick - big mountains, patchworked plains, a couple REALLY big lakes, and lots of travelers on the roads, even with gas being between 2.25 and 2.60 a gallon.

Michelle, I missed her talk, but I'm getting the conference recordings, so I'll know more in a few weeks. Have you read any of her books? I'll let you know the yarn - it was the furry stuff -- I may try to make a scarf, although I only have one skein -- it may be a really skinney, long scarf, like a snake. . .

Beth - I can't remember -are you going to a center or not? If not, you may be able to sub the powder for a lite?

Mary - good golly, for you guys it never rains, but it pours, huh?
Old 08-03-2005, 12:41 PM   #116  
234/165.8/160

Star-Way to go on the NSV! I had a couple of those while I was home this weekend from folks that hadn't seen me such Christmas...it sure is nice when all that hard work pays off ;-)
auditgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #117  
217/177.8/150ish

Mary, I think it was to add more protien to my diet because of the excersice but I think adding it defeats the plan maybe..Im taller at 5'9.5" so they were thinking that maybe im not getting enough protien for my body..

its 105 cals for 2 tbsp which is 21g of protien..
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #118  

Beth - did the center recommend the protein powder? Truthfully, it all comes down to calories in and calories out -- it's just if you're going to use the powder, I'd cut out a lite, or something.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #119  

About the NSV - it couldn't of come at a better time. Just when I was feeling like a big "L" (fingers to forehead) for being stuck at this weight, thinking I'm HUGE.......
Old 08-03-2005, 01:10 PM   #120  

Star,

You can't be huge.... because I'm not huge...not to mention you are taller...