Old 07-06-2005, 12:01 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm back!! I haven't left yet.

Debi & Jane~ You can have fat free dressing, any variety, less than 175mg sodium per tablespoon. Its counted as a condiment of which you are allowed 3 a day.

Weightylady~ I agree with the above post that you should just go in as a past client. It doesn't HAVE to cost you anything!!!

I have decided not to drive all the way to Portland this AM just to WI. It will be too much on top of my 5 hour drive to Spokane!!! I will WI next Wed. and hopefully have more to add to that pound!!
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:24 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Where do pickles fall into the plan? Are they a condiment or a no-no because of the sodium?

No biggie, I just love em..
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #123  

Debi - no pickles, no relish - becuz of the sodium, I think . . I love them,too.
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #124  

thats what I thought.. I've avoided them the last two weeks because I wasn't sure.. I will keep it up....

on the up side.. I just tried that cherry covered chocolate Luna bar.. I'm not much on sweets, but holy cow.. this can't be legal.. I only had one bite because it feels like cheating.. is this for real?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #125  
Britt/LAWL~Red

LOL yall are a little chatty this morning. Just thought i would pop on and say hi been busy here at work. Probably will be the rest of the week since my Vacation starts next Tuesday. Cross your fingers for me there looks to be a hurrican coming towards Panama City for next week. I dont know which would be worse the sharks or the hurricane lol. Ok well im actually hungry today so im gonna go have my lunch now and ill check back in later....

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi all,

Debi~ I haven't tried the cherry-choc. Luna bar!! Haven't even seen it. I will have to look for that one! The Smores is a real good one, too!!! They're supposed to be LEGAL!!! the Lites and Luna bars do help you to feel you are getting something sweet. Sure beats a candy bar.

One thing about LAWL is that you really have to watch the sodium, which is what the Am. Heart Asso. says you need to do. My father had congestive heart failure and he really had to watch his sodium. I met with his nutritionist and found out just how much sodium we are supposed to have and its exactly what LAWL recommends.
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:01 PM   #127  

Cindy: Good to know. So many people criticize some plans and when one is doing something right it just makes you so proud!

So are Luna bars REALLY legal? I know they fall within the same nutritional values as the LA Lites but are they really?

WAgal: Fat free salad dressings!!!!!! I would rather die!

brittyboo07: Forgive me for this comment...seeing as I am new...but up here in MA they have been doing news story after news story about how to keep your kids safe from shark attacks. I say "how about keeping them out of the water"

textjewel: Congrats on those 2 pounds! I can't wait till the end of this week to see how I have done. I thought Seltzer water was ok????

debi d: How about the sugar free relish made by Mt. Olive? I wonder if that is ok....probably has the same amount of sodium...but then why is ketchup allowed?

Well, I've decided to set a 45th birthday goal for myself of 10 pounds. It is Aug 7 so that is going to mean I have to keep to the plan at all times.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:50 PM   #128  

Jane - seltzer is okay - I think they suggest 16-24 oz a day -and plain is a sub for water, I think - however, mine was flavored - now I'm just trying to get more real water in.

About the Luna bars - they are probably not recommended by LAWL, but I do use them interchangably with LA lites, and have had good luck with them. I've never met a luna that Ididn't like, and they are a nice switch off --

Why ketchup and no pickles? good question - I'd have to label check the sodium on a tbsp of ketchup. I don't think it's a question of sugar - even dill pickles are not recommended.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:51 PM   #129  
Britt/LAWL~Red

LOL Jane yeah that seems to be the popular topic right now is the sharks i still want to go into the water but just the very edge of it my mom and dad said im not going in at all lol i keep reminding them that I am an adult. But they had a special on the News last night since of the shark attack victums happens to live in the Nashville area about how to stay safe and what to do and not to do. It was very interesting lets just say im not going in near the pier anymore lol. I had never thought about the people at the end fishing having all that bait in the water and how that could attract sharks but that makes perfect sense now lol.

Anywho just dropped by just finished my lunch so wanted to stop in before i head back to working. ill check in later.....

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:53 PM   #130  

Maybe when I swing by the center tonight to pick up some food I will ask if there is a relish that is acceptable.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:12 PM   #131  

I think I will just skip pickles all together, instead of tease myself with substitutes.. I like the dills.. nothin like em mmm mmm mmm..

I should get back to the grind, talk to y'all tomorrow.

debi
Old 07-06-2005, 04:03 PM   #132  

Hi All,
Just read back through the entries and there are lots of new people! Awesome!! Having never been a terribly active board poster, I'm here to own up to the disasterous last week I've had and admit that I've gained back around 3 pounds.... ACKKK! And just as I'm trying to get as much weight off as possible before my SIL's July 19th wedding. Dang it! Its funny how I'd been so motivated and losing weight and then all of the sudden I started slipping until I finally lost my footing all together. I wasn't dreadfully bad but I was really close to it. I was down to 221, but now I'm back up to 224/225 so I've kept my avatar the same. I really wanted to be in the 20Xs by the wedding. So, I'm here to say that I'm turning over a new leaf and I'm going to be good. No, I'm going to be perfect!! I think I'll do take-off tomorrow and Friday and do the drink a meal thing a few days a week.
I'm not sure what to do about my journal over the past week. I dropped the whole thing, plan included, into a puddle of water a few days ago. Maybe I'll just say the whole thing is unreadable in more ways then one and hope they give me a new one and forget about it.
Anyway, I'm glad to see so many new people with such great attitudes. It'll help me get back on track!

Sharlene

Last edited by shar3kids; 07-06-2005 at 04:05 PM.
shar3kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:51 PM   #133  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hey Ladies-

Hope you all had a happy 4th. I just had to catch up on posts since Saturday. It took a while.

Julie-I'm sorry about your Aunt. Just keep us posted.

Boy I had all of these comments, but I read so many posts that I can't keep them straight....

Ruby- Loved the story. You really do have a way with story telling. I felt like I was right there also.

Britt-Good job at losing over the holiday weekend. What a great accomplishment.

Debi d- You get pickles back as a free food in Stabilization. So you can look forward to that. I love pickles, but haven't eaten one yet.

Metalchic-You are an inspiration. I really enjoyed your post about learning how to eat healthy and teaching your kids good eating habits. I can't wait until week three of stabilization (extra starch). I start week two tomorrow.

Well, I didn't do too bad over the weekend. We went to my Mom's for a campout/bbq. I tried to eat as close to plan as I could. I strayed a few times though. Anyway, I gained about a pound over 2 days, but lost that pound after eating POP for one day. So I feel good about that. I think my body is starting to get used to the exercise, so maybe I'll get back to 143 soon. If I don't that'll be ok. I'm just enjoying the exercise and like feeling stronger. Well, I will talk to you guys later.

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalChic
<snip>

Thanks Regina, I've never had coleslaw with dry mustard that I know of.

I've posted the recipe in the thread titled Recipes. The first time I made it I couldn't find my dry mustard so I just used regular and it turned out fine.

I like to keep the dressing in one of those bottles you buy in the supermarket that is for mayo or dressing. I drizzle it over the cabbage because I have never been one for much dressing in my salad or coleslaw.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:40 AM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAgal
I'm back!! I haven't left yet.

<snip>
I have decided not to drive all the way to Portland this AM just to WI. It will be too much on top of my 5 hour drive to Spokane!!! I will WI next Wed. and hopefully have more to add to that pound!!

Have a safe trip to Spokane, Cindy.

How often do you weigh in?
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote