Old 07-05-2005, 12:27 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello again,

I have dye on my hair and thought it safe to sit at the pc!!! Just trying to cover a little gray!!!

Juliemarie~ You are so right about social situations!!! When I am at home I feel so in control but when I'm out in the big world, not so good!! I did some baked beans using the Sugar Twin and they weren't too bad. I really made them for DH but I did have a teaspoonful. DH liked them. Then I tried making coleslaw dressing with equal and it was disgusting. be careful around that "smoke" down there in Eugene, I hear it can increase your appetite!!!!! He he!!

Jane~ Welcome back!! I was told the Luna bars were very similar to the Lite bars. I really like the crunchiness better so I will switch out a Lite once in a while. I totally agree about the cost of this program!!!

Okay, better go get the dye off my hair!!!

Later losers!!!
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #77  

Height: 5' 4"

I make the good coleslaw for the family, and I make my coleslaw with one packet of splenda and light mayo. It's still good, but not as good
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:59 PM   #78  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Ok back from my little trip to the store ended up going to Kroger cause it was closer. I do have a question for Cindy or Juliemarie or well anyone lol where can i find the sugar twin? I have yet to see it at walmart and not sure if i have looked at the other grocery stores.

~Karen/Metal
LOL not to many things are as good when we make them healthier for us huh? We dont actually do coleslaw here that much so i dont have to worry about that not my fav thing anyway. Potato salad is so much better !!!!

~Jane
First off Welcome!!!! As Juliemarie said already accountability is a major reason why I joined. I actually purchases the plan on ebay first to get a better look at it before i joined and to help me make the plunge. I understand all to well how expensive it is as do the rest of us. There are a few on here that are not going to the center and using the ebay plans. Im sure they can clue you in on some tips they have learned. If you have any questions everyone here is really helpful and if we dont know the answer we will find it!!! or at least try lol. Luna bars are the best and most popular replacement for the lites around here at least and yes the Knudsen juice (Morning blend) is similary to the LAWL TO juice. I just used it last week in fact for two days and lost 1.75 lbs so its about the same. As for other things we have recently been discussing the body for life shakes they seem to be fairly close the LAWL Slimdown meal replacement shakes. Also i believe a while back we were discussing the Quacker Mini Rice Cakes taking the place of the LAWL popcorn and cheese curls. OK just saw something in my menu plan kit it says taht for weight loss the popcorn is 1 starch yet when you go into stabilization, maintenance its 1 starch & 1 fat lol sorry that just caught my eye. Thats all that comes to mind right now for cheaper replacements for LAWL products.

Ok i have to get to work now so ill check back in later....

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:13 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Good mornin ladies..

I've been off for a few days with my DH and lovin it.

I'm back, so is two lbs, but that's okay.. I was mostly on plan, except for the water thing.. It really makes a difference.. Working makes the eating schedule much easier for me..

Anyway, back on track.. I wasn't really that far off, but every little detour amounts to what go me here in the first place.
It amazes me how just 2 lbs can elate or deflate me.. but I'm not letting it get me down, because I know that I did my best at making the best choices of what was in front of me.

I feel all welcome, with people missing me too

Welcome to the newbies, and we are all here to help.. I have limited knowlege, but am willing to share and support.

Back to the fridge for more water..
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:19 PM   #80  
Let's try this again . .

Britt-

I found the sugar twin at Fred Meyer and Safeway-I found it worked great in a teriyaki marinade, but the apple crisp called for 1/4 cup per serving-just too much.

Also-I've noticed the Baked Cheetos and the Trader Joe's reduced fat cheese curls have similar ingredients/fat/carbs/calories, etc. I'm thinking of replacing the LA ones with these and weighing and bagging them up so I don't eat too much. What do you guys think?
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:23 PM   #81  

G'day chicks!

Finally faced the scale today - not pretty. Now tell me, how can I put on close to 10 pounds in 4 weeks? EEEEKKKK.

Now, is this a good reason to be POP or what???? You betcha! As I'm drinking my second big cup of water. . .

Fiona - sorry about your DSister - it's lucky that she went in to get it checked out.

Regina - question for you - are there services, like gas, etc. on the road between Vegas and Tahoe - the US map I have makes it look pretty empty.

Karen/MC - yes, maintainence is always the challenge, right? We are probably experts at WL now (most of us being serial dieters) and somehow I think it's easier to lose weight than to keep it off (if this makes sense?)

Razzi - welcome! Glad to have you come out of lurk mode and join the fun.

Britt - I think you should hire yourself out and be a part time organizer. Want to come to the DC area? Wow -and down after a holiday weekend! BTW - I usually find the sugar twin in the baking aisle by the sugar.

Juliemarie - I understand totally what you mean about being a hermit - being POP is much easier without social situations. . .

Hi Jane - I've found that the luna bars are the closest in nutrients to the LA lites --- and the Knudsen's Morning blend juice the closest to TO. The program is much more flexible now than it used to be - no more limiteds, etc, and the list of approved food is much bigger. You can certainly follow the program without going to the center! And we'll help all we can - it's really a matter of how much the accountability of going to the center helps you.

Hugs to all,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:31 PM   #82  

Height: 5' 4"

Britt, the more I eat the "better for me stuff" the better I like it. I don't even want some of that "bad stuff" anymore.

I have to admit, eating this way has become a welcome habit. I can't even tell when I use skim milk anymore in stuff, used to the thought of anything less than whole milk was nasty regardless of its use. I actually like the lite buns and bread better than regular white now. I usually get lite wheat buns or bread, I like it much better. I have developed alot of good eating habits with LAWL. Used to I was lucky to get a fruit in a month or veggies everyday (except maybe on a sandwich/burger). I never drank water, only Pepsi. Fish was another once in a while occasion and it was fried then. When I used to eat fried fish, it would make me feel yucky, tired, bloated, etc. the rest of the day; broiled fish doesn't do that to me. I eat much healthier now!

As a child, my mother was anorexic. When she hit rock bottom (67lbs), she had to regain some weight to be able to function properly. She did try to keep weight off after she reached a safe weight, but the only thing I really remember her doing was using a sugar substitue. Well, she has regained everything she lost and more! I would say she weighs about 400lbs+ now and is only 4'10"; although, she would never tell me what she weighs. Needless to say, I didn't have a very good teacher on how I should eat. I left home when I was 14 and have been trying to control my weight on my own without any real guidance. LAWL has made a huge difference in my eating habits and how I feed my children. I finally can teach them the good habits that they need to have. I didn't know better so I was also teaching bad eating habits to my children. Things have changed alot with the kids. I keep fruit in the house now. You would be surprised how much fruit they will eat if it is avaliable. Fruit on the table is closer and easier for my daughter to grab than those cookies in the pantry. Also, both of my children have reduced their soda intake tremedously! My daughter only drinks soda when she goes to her dad's house for the weekend. My son also has started drinking more water; not as much as her, but more than he was for sure. My son has been staying with his dad alot over the past year and a half. He is 15 1/2, and you know how boys are about their fathers at that age. When he comes home, he is so happy to have home cooked healthy food, i.e. grilled chicken, broccoli, fruit, etc. If I have gotten nothing else out of LAWL, I am happy to get the knowledge to teach my children better eating habits.

Last edited by MetalChic; 07-05-2005 at 01:44 PM.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:56 PM   #83  

Karen,

What a great example... I know how you feel. I had great metabolism and bad eating habits, but then the great metabolism left, I was at a huge loss.(and huge gain). Now, I get to teach my kids to grab fruit instead of chips and to cook better meals, than boxed throw together meals. They eat fresh raw beans instead of junk, I actually have to hide my portions of vegies and fruit, so that they don't chow down my work lunches.. it's a nice problem to have.. I believe that there is are 3 bag of chips in our pantry that have been there since June 9th. I bought them for a party we were having at the house, and the kids haven't opened them or even asked to. That is good progress in our home.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:20 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

I'm back!

I have looked all over for lite buns, like hamburger or hotdog buns. Where do you get them?

Juliemarie~ I also like the Sugar Twin in the Teriyaki marinade. It was good.

Later...
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:54 PM   #85  

SOS

I am currently on the red plan 2.5 proteins/3 starch/4 vegies/3fruit/1dairy/1fat/lotsa water (no lites)

I was exercising 4 times a week, looking at having a surgery soon and would not be able to exercise, I understand I will go down to purple for this time period. Could someone let me know the difference between red/purple?

(I'm doing this on my own/and with you guys)

Thanks for your help

debi
Old 07-05-2005, 03:08 PM   #86  

Debi - Purple is 1 less starch and 1/2 less protein. The serving sizes are the same.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:13 PM   #87  

1/2 less protein.. thats my favorite... but alas, it is my destiny for thinness..

Thanks for the info
Old 07-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #88  

Debi forgive me if you've already posted this - are you doing the program without lites? otherwise, it seems to me you'd be on gold?

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:39 PM   #89  

Julie

Without lites.. so far.. all advice is welcome.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #90  
Kate

I still have one starch left for today...can i add one serving of pasta to the carb cravers pasta with lite tomato sauce?
kcreary is offline   Reply With Quote