Old 07-05-2005, 08:09 PM   #106  

Regina - I expect prices to be the but for a trip, I don't really sweat it - if you need gas, you need gas. Thanks for checking with your DM for me!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:46 PM   #107  
217/177.8/150ish

Ruby thats too funny.. He really does want to see what you'll do.. Did he scare you off or will you take the bait?? LOL The guys anymore are brave about what they say and when they say it...
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:38 PM   #108  

Default Julie!

I spoke with Mother and she agrees that you would be best to get gas in Tonopah. That will be about the halfway point and is just a little over 200 miles from Reno and from LV. It is one of the larger towns and you shouldn't have any problem finding a station.

It should take you between 8 and 9 hours to drive it. I hope your plane arrives early enough for you to get an early start.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:40 AM   #109  
razzi

Good morning chicks.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Regina- I am going to a center. WI last night and was the same as Saturday. Felt good for a holiday weekend.

Everybody have an OP day.

Bonnie
Razzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:44 AM   #110  

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning All!

Thanks Britt, I was just wondering if the book was worth buying. I thought it might help me some in my maintenance journey....

Thanks Regina, I've never had coleslaw with dry mustard that I know of.

I have brought a piece of that pecan pie for my snack today. I'll have to see if I actually eat it or not. It counts as two starches and two fats. I get up to three fats now so that part won't be bad; it's just gonna take the rest of my starches for the day ; but for pecan pie, I think I will live.

Ruby, go get that coffee guy. He wants you! You never know, he might be the ONE! Even if not, I'm sure you can get a good time out of it; I know I would! Girl, I have been known to be a bad girl if the guy is cute enough. I know I look forward to an update. Good Luck!
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #111  

Hi all....I posted here yesterday for the first time but I am officially on LAWL as of today.

I was on this plan about 4 years ago. I have doing Atkins for a year but unfortunately I went off and gained it all back.....we all know that feeling!
Well, I was looking for a way to lose it and dug out my old LAWL stuff. I decided to go to a center last night to see if I could purchase the LA Lites without joining and thankfully they said yes. I also got to talk to a counselor who GAVE me the new Gold plan since I was a previous member. I bought the new juice (I know the Knudsen stuff is supposed to be the same....) and she gave me the 2 day plan. I am really excited. I am going back tonight to buy the LA Lites...they are 40% off this month. I will get 7 weeks worth and that should be enough for now. After that I am going to try to find alternatives to those items but I wanted to start it off exactly on plan.

I can't believe how much the plan has changed.....WINE AS A FRUIT Just my kind of plan!

Now, I will need your help today and tomorrow trying to get through just eating green and meat Any tips would be wonderful......At least you can eat cheese. I have my trusty string cheese with me that I used to live on when I was on Atkins. For lunch I made a green as green salad with some tuna on top. I actually even measured the mayo!!!!

I am hoping to get some great ideas and recipes from all of you. I have been on 3fatchicks for a couple years now and wouldn't follow ANY plan without it. I find the people to be the greatest.

Well, that is it.....wish me luck!

Last edited by jane8760; 07-06-2005 at 09:57 AM.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #112  

Oh and Ruby.....I just read the Starbucks Hour post......WHAT A RIOT. I can now live vicariously through you. It has been a long time since I have dated. A little flirting now and then but don't tell my husband
Old 07-06-2005, 10:39 AM   #113  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Ruby~OMG! That is so cool. Wow, you have a gift in storytelling, i felt like i was there, overhearing your conversation and watching the chemistry and sparks between you. He is sooooo close to asking you out....Geez, ask her out already, would ya? I can't take it... Can't wait to read the next chapter....
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!!

Well, finally a loss on the ol' scales this AM!! From 213.6 yesterday to 212 this AM. Seems like when I do get a loss its a good one! I am going to WI in Portland today as it will be another good week before I can weigh in again as I leave for Spokane today. Yes, going to Portland will be 2 hours out of my way!!! Oh, well. I will miss all of you very much. I may check in on you all when I am at my DD's. But I won't have access to a comp. for the bulk of my trip. I have a cooler packed with lots of OP items as well as 2 boxes of Lites.

Regina~ I got you email. My hair turned out okay. I don't have lots of gray but what I do have bothers me!!! I dye it my regular color, though.

Jane~ I sure do wish you luck with your new goals in weightloss. I don't really have any tips for the TO days. They are kinda boring but do go fast. I am thinking about doing the TO again.

Julie~ Have a safe trip!

Bonnie~ Staying the same over a holiday weekend is fabulous!!!

Okay, thats all I have time for. See you when I get back!! I'll miss you all!
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:06 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Jane

I'm doing the TO today and tomorrow also.

So, good luck honey.. I got my fresh snap peas and raw green beans.. diced chicken in a baggie so I can just grab and munch.. a small salad other greens, juice, water, water, water with a side of water.. and motivation

wanna loose 20lbs the next two days, but will settle for three!!!!! :-))))))))

Your shrinking friend
Debi
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #116  

Hi.

As you can see, I have been at 3FC for a long time, however, have not been really successful at any diet plan I've chosen. Weight Watchers seemed to allow too much for me, Atkins made me feel sick, so I've decided to try again with LAWL. However, I only have the old purple plan.

I am a female, with no medical conditions, weigh 226 *ugh, did I really say that?* and get little to no exercise (can you l-a-z-y?). The plan I have is from several years ago.

Can anyone tell me what has changed? Are there still limited starches that you can't have the days you eat beef, etc? And, does anyone have an old check-off form that they can mail me or something? I would appreciate any help!! You guys seem so encouraging and supportive, I really need to stick to this and know I can with your help!

Today, so far, I've had one apple.
weightylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #117  

Debi,

Oh good a fellow comrad! We can do this....she says as she munches on celery.

I need to bring in some meat tomorrow!

Question: What do we do about salad dressings? Are lite bottled ok? I have the cookbook from 2001 (which I noticed at the center last night hasn't changed). I let a friend borrow it and need to get it back. I think there were dressings in there. I have a lite italian with me today.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:15 AM   #118  

Weightylady: Do what I did...march yourself into the nearest center and since you are a previous member you can get the updated purple plan. I didn't know they would do that but I took the time to sit with them for a few minutes and they gave me the new plan. Plus....they figure they will sell you something I'm sure!!!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 11:21 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Jane,

I just stay away from all dressings, that way I can't screw this up.. but I do see posts of others that say they are using ff dressing.. (fat free) I'm not sure if it is store bought, or a particular brand, but someone here can answer that better.. If i use anything, I use a dabble of olive oil with garlic...drizzle.. not much at all..just gives the mouth the illusion of dressing.

on to our project... i've had a couple snap peas and 3 cubes of chicken so far.. but it is only 812 am here.
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:48 AM   #120  

Hi chickies,

Dropped two of those pounds this morning, it's a start in the right direction. . .

There's a wrench in my PNW plans - my cousin with the ill Aunt says it's not the best time to come for a visit. . I haven't made up my mind what to do about this yet. .

Regina, actually I'm coming up from Vegas to Reno, so I'll be able to get an early start that day. Thanks for the advice on where to get gas - it's a relief to know that there IS gas along the way!

Jane, I use FF salad dressings - the new guidelines say to try to find ones with under 175 mg of sodium per tbsp -

Weightylady - the program has really expanded - there are no more restrictions, really - except for limiting eggs to 6 a week -- it is really much more easy to follow. Some of the portions sizes have changed - since pasta and rice are no longer limited, the portion sizes have decreased to 1/3 cup. The beef and pork portions are up to 6oz uncooked for purple. (Please don't worry about your start weight - I started at just about the same poundage)

WAgal - I tend to lose weight in clumps, too - it's just the way my body works!

I've already had a liter of flavored seltzer water, not totally OP, but it's still fluid!

Hugs to all,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote