Old 07-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #136  

HI chickies -

I am now glued to the news service because of the explosions in London. Esp since I was just there four weeks ago. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. There is *Nothing* like being in a town where there has been a terrorist attack.

Hugs,
Julie (reliving the attack on the Pentagon)
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:51 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

My heart goes out to all our European chickies and those with families ties and friends there.. It is a sad, sad day. In a world where violence tries to control the world and our activities, we have to hold on to the one thing we are all here expressing.. Hope for better. On this site it is hope for better living and health and bodies. In the things that snap our attention away from our trivial worries, I hold out hope for peace to overrule the sadistic upbringing and brainwashing of a society where the only way to be heard or make a difference is to blow yourself and 40 of the closest unfortunate people up. To make a statement that only proves the depravity of a lifestyle that simply cannot work. I realize that we have international sisters and brothers here, and this is not simply the ramblings of what other countries my perceive as an egotistical country, but the obvious situation that we are all just sick of terrorists. They are the minority, but they are completely out of control with their goals of genecide. Their insane attempts to rid the world of everyone who doesn't think the path to heaven and their allotted 13 virgins (yeah right)is paved with bodies of innocent people. Excuse my ranting.. I'm just sick of this crap.

We do need to pray, pray for the families that have lost, pray for the country who has been attacted, pray for the next country on their list, pray for the country that brings their children up to believe that these types of actions are just standard operating procedure..

I'm done now, thank you for indulging me.. this is not a political forum, but I feel you are my friends.

PS no weight loss:-(... not the biggest deal today.

Debi
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:53 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

pray for the sister that cannot spell today :-)
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #139  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hi Chicks. I have only watched Disney movies this morning and then I came and checked this board. I'm going to go read the news....

Julie- Glad you're home.

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #140  

Only one radio station was reporting the news on my drive in to work this morning - I could hardly believe it.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #141  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Morning all. I would say good morning however that is not the case. So many negative things going on in this world. Debi i totally agree with everything you have said. Julie I am thankful that you made it back safe and sound before this act of terror occured. I agree with you It has been several years since I was in London however I remember it fondly and look forward to the day I return for a visit. It is heartbreaking to see such a wonderful place thrown into chaos by such cowards. I am deeply saddened to see the continuation of terror by these people towards countries that are trying to better this world as a whole. I hope that those leaders at the G8 summit in Scotland who have not been behind the destruction of terrorism will now see what truely needs to be done. Something has to be done this world can not go on like this.

On a lighter note....I had my WI this morning and was up about a pound due to my cycle so not worried about it at all. I am worried about the hurricane that seems to be making a path towards my vacation destination for next week. I am going to work on backup plans i guess just in case. I know we wont really know till the weekend which way Dennis is gonna move once it hits the gulf but im crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Well i am off to get the latest update on the hurricane and the news. check back in later.

Oh yeah if im not mistaken there is someone on here fairly new if i remember correctly that is from the UK not sure how close to London. But i do hope that you and your family are doing well. Also anyone else here who has family or friends there now i will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers as well as London and the UK.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:58 PM   #142  

I was wondering if anyone has tried the new supplements..... exel? when i went in to get weighed today, she told me about it, so i was jw. also, finally got measured today. At 5 weeks, I'm down 17.4 lbs., and 10.4 inches! yay!!
912go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:08 PM   #143  

So very, very sad that the state of world peace comes to power thrusting. I am sending my hopes and wishes to those who are in the UK or have family and friends there....

Not much to report here. Have been innundated by company coming and staying and garage sale, kitchen remodel. But my weight sort of remained the same despite the stress.

My counselor at WI yesterday kept telling me I am funny.....I have all the stinkin' thinkin' down pat...*LOL* But she encouraged me..and has challenged me to be OP throughout the weekend...and I love challenges.

Julie...I am sorry to hear about your aunt. Hope you enjoy your vacation. And if there is a PNW meeting...I am up for it - although evenings work best for me.

On to tasking. I took the day off to get things done...
solocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:54 PM   #144  
217/177.8/150ish

well guys day 2 of TO so far so good.. Thank goodness the days almost over though,, it is right?? please say yes.. lol

just a tip for TO boiled egg whites do last thru the day since its 12 of them, also sugar snap peas work out great and so does cutting the bars into 4 pc each and then putting them in a baggy together... Finally someone gave me ideas for doing this The Manager offered the above suggestions and also said not to think of it as eating for 2 days but getting to snack all day for both days.. lol arrgghhhhhhhhh Its working though woohoo oh yeah so far so good with the knudesons too... I'll let you all know how well this went tomorrow...
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #145  

Good morning, chickies,

Thankfully, the news is that London is getting itself dusted off and back on its feet. .

Want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers for my family - I guess I'm reaching the age where I'm losing the ones ahead of me - the people that have been part of the family picture since I was a baby.

I've had 3 days of being pretty much POP which Is A Relief. Drinking water, staying OP. Even had a steak salad when I went out to dinner last night, and resisted desert. I am proud of myself. It helped that a pair of size 16 trousers were tight when I put them on. Nothing like clothes to remind you of what you REALLY want.

Beth, I like the idea of looking at TO as a day of snacking. Makes it much easier than to look at it as denial.

Cathy, I'm with you in a weekend challenge. I have a meeting to go to tomorrow, at a buffet place - there is NO REASON that I have to eat everything provided, right? And desert? I mean, my name won't be written in the book 'She didn't Seize Every Opportunity To Eat' will it? And even if it is, is that a bad thing?

Britt, have my fingers crossed for you about Dennis!

Hugs,
Julie
Old 07-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #146  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Chicks,
I'm baaaaaack...
I'm also back at work today...yuk..I had a great time being off and being able to spend it with my family..My Dad left this morning heading back to Maryland.. We spent alot of time on the boat and in the water and a good time was had by all...
I ate and ate the whole time I was off and I'm right back up to 177.2. How awful is that... I'm starting back OP today instead of Monday..I made a deal with my Dad about us both losing this weight. He probably has about 25 pounds to lose. You can't tell it that much on him though because he almost 6'4". But anyway, that will really help keep me on track..So, I'm going to need all the help I can get...
I haven't been able to catch up on the posts yet but I will today so I can see what I've missed..I hope all is well with everyone..
Talk to you all later...
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:41 AM   #147  

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Chickies!

I am almost finished with stabilization. Only a few more days left. I did have that one piece of pecan pie the other day, and it was good. I had cornbread last night too. I love all of these new food choices. I start maintenance on Monday. My weight has leveled out; although, it pretty much had anyway so I guess it's good that I'm not gaining considering all of the extra food and new food choices that I have been eating.

Laters!
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:19 PM   #148  

Karen - I have to ask - did you feel guilty when you had that pecan pie?

It's AWESOME that you are almost finished with stabilization.

I must admit, I am worried - I seem to put weight on so fast, I'm not sure I'll ever reach a maintenance level. . .
Old 07-08-2005, 01:12 PM   #149  

Height: 5' 4"

I did feel a little guilty, but I knew it was allowed.... It counted as two starches and two fats so I don't think that will be an often occurence.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:17 PM   #150  
217/177.8/150ish

Karen you'll be back down in no time!!!

Julie No you don't have to eat everything on the buffet. Eat what you want thats OP of course (lol) and when your done push your plate away and have them take your silverware too, that way you'll have to ask for new ones and you probably won't... Thats how I delt with the $35 pp buffet that we went to, Yeah im still hearing about from hubby... lol

WI this morning down 5.6 lbs after doing TO with knuedsons.... thats what im using for it from now on.. lol
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote