Old 07-08-2005, 04:17 PM   #151  
266.7/186.8/145

DISCLAIMER - another novel on the way

Good morning, ladies! Sorry I have been absent for so much this week, but work has called upon most of my attention and haven't had much down time. So I will try to keep up with everyone, I am soooo sorry if I miss anyone.

Welcome all newbies - its a great place to be, with 100% support.

Julie - I am glad that you made it back before hand, but I know exactly what you are talking about. I had been in the World Trade Center several times to meet a friend for lunch. On 9/11, I spent the morning furiously trying to reach Harry to see if he was alright. Turns out that his company had just moved their offices to midtown Manhattan, three weeks prior, and that the move was roughly a month ahead of schedule. I had never felt so relieved in all my life.

Britt - How goes the process of tracking Dennis? I will keep sending good mojo your way. Although I will miss you terribly while your gone, my little yahoo buddy!

912go - I haven't heard of those sups yet, but then again, my counselors know better than to try to sell me any of them, because I told them from the getgo that I wasn't interested in them - I think it even says on my file "do not sell"....lol

solocat - I use humor at my sessions too, I love most of my counselors....cept for Inga the Terrible. They offered me a job there, I told them not unless I could wear jeans and tshirts to work...heh

buttons - I have no advice for TO, because I never do it. It just does nothing for me. I don't lost like everyone else does on it. I try to stick closer to using the Slim Downs instead.

RWF - WELCOME BACK!!! You were on vacation, and its in the past. Wipe the slate clean and move forward. 5lb goals honey, 5 lb goals And you know we are all with you every step of the way!

Karen - I am so proud of you. You are my idol. I know that this leg of my journey is going to run slower than the beginning, but I just feel like I am ready for another breakout. Does that make sense?

So I knew that I was horribly off plan on Monday because of all the food I missed, as well as the hot dog I had, but when I had my weigh in on Tuesday, I wasn't up by much. I went in on Thursday, and I am back down, so I am glad I didn't go through the trouble of changing my ticker I had to see Inga the Terrible because there were only two working at the COD yesterday. She complimented me on my eyeshadow.....gimme a break. I was polite, but I still don't like her.

And now, we take you to our previous broadcast of the General Starbucks hour. Today's content may be slightly editted due to the nature of content

Tuesday was a rough day at work, so I got out of the office rather late, and by that time, I was just too exhausted and run down to even think about being entertaining, so I just drove my tired rear home and climbed onto my couch. I felt like I was skipping the best part of my day, but I didn't want to face anyone feeling like I had been run over by a truck, so c'est la vie!

Wednesday was the day. I decided that I would be able to guage things the best by what his attitude was like, if he were working of course. So, after careful consideration in the morning on what I should wear, I made the absolute appropriate choice of tshirts, which I will get back to later

So I had some issues on a piece I had been writing where the editor basically slashed the entire thing to pieces, which made me extremely happy (insert innate sarcasm here). I decided that since I had great luck working at SB's last time, that I would attempt to revive the same routine. Sometimes, the force is indeed with you

I went in and right away he gave me a wide toothed grin and asked how things were going. I gave a scrunch faced look and said that I had a lot of work today because my editorial looked as if it was bleeding by the amount of red ink splashed across the page! He asked if he could read it, but I told him that if I allowed that sort of thing, that I would have to kidnap and hold him hostage to protect my secret identity. He told me that didn't sound so bad. I almost gave him the piece to read immediately, but decided to hold myself in check.

Then, as I was trying to look cool and collected, I of course had trouble with their triple child-proof lock containers for the creamer . So had to take it to the counter and have him open it for me, real smooth. He said that in exchange for opening it for me, I would owe him a hug. Now normally, this is the time when I would freeze up, but you gals would have been proud, as I was able to smile and tell him I was ready any time he was!

Well at that point I figured I had better get to work if I wanted to finish the revisions that Josh wanted done to the piece he had slashed to smithereens, so I got started. There were several small conversations that held my attention greatly, but I am sure would bore the rest of you to tears, so I will spare the mundane details for my journal Then there was a rather racy flirtation comment, that I think should probably be left out to keep the board PG-13

As my timing was dwindling, and the traffic in SB's was picking up, I thought that I should take my table outside, because I really wanted to finish for the night and needed to concentrate. As I was working on the very last paragraph of revisions, I realized that Rachel had come outside to pull the tables up because they were closing. I noticed that I had spilt some water on the table and thought that I should run inside and grab a napkin quick so that she didn't have water run down the front of her shirt, I would have felt bad. I had pretty much given up on CG, thinking that my window had pretty much closed for the night, so I was going to pack it on in.

When I went in to grab a napkin, CG was standing by the counter where all the sweeteners, child-proof creamers and napkins were, and asked me how things were coming along. I explained to him that since I wasn't getting paid for the piece anyway, that I was pretty much done with it for the night, and that if Josh didn't like it, he could take his red pen and shove it right were the sun didn't shine.

CG: That's great, besides, tell him that BS sells!
Me: He should know, that is what his publication is pretty much all about.
CG: Packing in it for the night then?
Me: Yeah, I just came in to get a napkin because I spilt some of my water - the container wasn't childproof. ( I am lame, I never claimed otherwise you know)
CG: You should grab two.
Me: (raised brow)....um oooo kay? (as I grab two of them and look back)
CG: (pulls his magic marker out of his apron) Now leave me your number on one of them.

I think I might have hyperventilated just a wee bit, though its quite possible that it was only in my head. What I think might have been an eternity to me, only lasted a milisecond - as I recovered, smiled, and grasped the pen right out of his hand and slanted my cell number across the napkin!!

He smiled at me and told me to have a great night, which he didn't know he had already made fantastic, and I left with the goofiest smile I may have ever had, spread wide across my face. I even went home and cleaned my entire apartment, all from the energy that was produced from one 30 second conversation.

So now comes the easy part....waiting for that phone call . Being a girl is tough stuff!

In case you think I have forgotten, I hadn't. The choice of tshirts hasn't come back up yet, because strangely enough, CG never brought it up that day. But aren't you all just a little bit curious as to what my choice of the day was? I didn't even really remember until I got home that night and was brushing my teeth and looked down, and read down the front of my thsirt: "Today is My Lucky Day!" How about that?

Another episode of the General Starbucks hour has concluded, I hope you have all enjoyed my overly neurotic behavior, and will teach your daughters how NOT to act like an idiot around men.
rubyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #152  

Yay Ruby!! It sounds as if you were far from lame in your response... I am glad to hear things are moving forward...and ummmm, where did you buy that t-shirt??

Congratulations Karen! You give me hope for reaching my goal and then on to stabilization and maintenance. I have this wonderful ability to talk myself out of diets because I future-trip over what I might never get to taste again.... I know....it is silly.

Julie...how about if we tag-team it to maintenance? We can do this!

Went to WI today, feeling like I hadn't lost anything...BUT...I went down 3.5 pounds (2 days of OP with TriMax + FB500 did work!)! I know part of the reason is I was WI this morning versus late afternoon...but still - it went down! Now I am so jazzed I beat that 190 mark, I am motivated to be OP all weekend - even at DBF's house. The cooler is packed with my kind of food and I'll let him know I want and need his support.

Off to task, but I hope all of you have wonderful weekends!
solocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #153  

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Yall....

Ruby! I am so proud of you...
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:01 PM   #154  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Ruby~love it, love it, love it!!! So happy he asked for your number, now you know he's interested and you don't feel like you have to make the first move.

I had a date this Wednesday, it went well, i'm going to see him again on Sunday, but sorry girls, my dating life isn't as exciting!!
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:04 PM   #155  

Seriously, Ruby, not only are you AWESOME, you're a great writer!!! I'm so proud of you! You should see me grinning like an idiot here at my desk at work, resisting the urge to cheer out loud!!! :clap:

Now, where DO you get all these cool tshirts?????

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 06:05 PM   #156  

Ruby YOU GO GIRL! That's terrific!

(the only thing I'd done if I'd had the nerve was to ask him for his-- but no, then you'd wonder if you should call, or he should call, etc. . . much better this way)

BTW - thought of you on Wednesday, as Roman Holiday and Sabrina was on Turner Classic Movies - I think Sabrina is one of my top 10 faves.

Michelle - Now, where do you meet all these men???

Cathy -yes we can tag team to maintainance! Good luck this weekend.

Fiona - how's the house? And the horsies?

I hereby sprinkle POP pixie dust over all of us for the weekend . .

Hugs,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:32 PM   #157  
266.7/186.8/145

solocat - trust me, I was a lamo, but I tried to contain it as much as possible...lol! That tshirt came from American Eagle Outfitters.

Karen - don't be, I didn't do anything Now I am all sitting on pins and needles waiting for the dang phone to ring. I saw him yesterday and he was friendly and flirty as usual, but it was a drive by visit, so it didn't go far.

Mitchypoo - The only reason mine sounds exciting is because I am such an idiot. If I had been smart, I would have gone with Julie's suggestion and got his digits. Now its just a waiting game So what are you two doing on Sunday? Maybe I can live my date vicariously through you!

Fiona - how goes the house-capades? Thanks for the compliment, although I have no published credits to my name - YET! Still working on it. I will pass you ladies the link if it ever happens. As for the tshirts, I think I have mentioned before how much of a tshirt junkie I am, I can't seem to get enough of them. I find them all over the place. My biggest hot spots are American Eagle Outfitters, Torrid, and Hot Topic, all the rest are a miscellaneous bunch.

Julie - I thought about that AFTER I left. I can't help it, the guy freezes me up with that toothy grin. The phone still hasn't rung, but it hasn't even been 48 hours, and all men have this imagined arbitrary number that they yank from mid-air about the time frame in which to call. "I have to wait for the second day of the waning moon, when the tide is at three quarters, and hop on one foot as I dial the number." whatever

Maybe I'll go in tonight and he will just suggest something killer to do tonight, as I am pretty much flat busted for plans.

I have an Audrey Hepburn boxed set, I just adore her, but my top three faves are Breakfast At Tiffany's, Sabrina and Roman Holiday....lucky you, you got to see two of my top three
rubyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #158  

Ruby - I'm sure he'll call -- I can't wait for the next installment -- I'll be checking in tomorrow!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:11 AM   #159  

Good morning, chicks.

Well, Ruby, any update from last night?

The scale hasn't moved in the past few days. And today is the lunch at the buffet place. Now, isn't a no-scale-move a good reason to stay OP as much as I can?

Cathy, are you down to 40 pounds to go - I'm really trying hard to get that level. And when did you start using the sups? As usual, I'm behind.

Okay, you PNW chicks. On the road, what kind of restaurants can I find, like on the interstates? Fast food is okay, but I'm looking for chains that have a broader menu.

Julie
Old 07-09-2005, 11:27 AM   #160  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Ruby~Barry and i met for dinner at Applebee's last Wednesday, i really went in with a casual la-di-da attitude, i just decided not to obsess over it and get nervous. The fact is, we either would like each other in person or....not. And if he didn't care for me, whatever, i don't have to take it so personal. His opinion does not determine my worth. I met him online, i had been talking to him for awhile on the phone and i felt comfortable meeting him. We had a nice dinner, we had no real lack for conversation, he's nice and funny. I call him Mr.Minnesota because he sounds like he was the speech coach for the movie Fargo! He asked if he could see me again towards the end of dinner, maybe we could go to the movies next time, i told him i'd like that. We talked about spending Sunday together and looks like that's what we'll do. We're meeting for church at 11:00, then we're going to find a park and go for a walk (he's a big walker), and then going to lunch and then going to the movies to maybe see War of the Worlds. I'm interested in the movie, despite Tom's antics lately which make me want to gag... So we'll see what happens.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:23 PM   #161  

Not enough time tonight to catch up on all the posts, but boy, am I glad Ruby posted on this last page! What a read! You go girl!

And Mitchypoo, I'm glad things started off casually enough for you to be relaxed about the whole thing. Who knows, if things don't work out romantically, maybe you will have a great friend!!

Bed time. I hope I can catch up tomorrow after church!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:33 AM   #162  

Good morning, chicks -

Hope all of you are enjoying the weekend!

I survived the buffet lunch - I really was able to keep myself to a plate of salad, fresh fruit salad, fresh spinach and green beans, and a fried chicken breast (from which I diligently removed the skin) -- I was rewarded with going back down 2 pounds today.

Now I only have 8 more pounds to go to reach my lowest weight, and then to continue on . .

I think wearing a pair of tight jeans helped, too. .

Maybe this time it turned into a lapse instead of a relapse!

Have a great day, chicks!

Julie
Old 07-10-2005, 10:30 AM   #163  

Good Morning Everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone had a good recipe for lasagna that's OP??

Thanks

Jewel
Julinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 171/167/135

Height: 5'5"

Talking

You ladies move fast! Love an active board!

What a week it has been over here in England! Thankfully we were not directly impacted by bombs. DH often travels into London on business - he was there on Wed and was suppose to go in on Fri (but was rescheduled). We were living outside NY when Sept 11 happened and now living outside London. I guess I am not as shocked about this one as I was one Sept 11. Everyone was just kind of expecting it would happen at some point. It is interesting to see the way the Brits just kind of continue "business as usual". London saw a lot of bombs during WW2 and have dealt with the IRS terrorism for many years - so they have a defense mechanism.

I just got some bad news~! They have closed the LAWL centers in England - the franchise has gone out of business. I read on another message board they were discontinuing Trimax, so I thought maybe I would get some over here. I was shocked to find this out. Not sure what I am going to do for my bars?!? I am trying to get some £££s back from the bars I pre-purchased. ARGH!!!!

Open to any suggestions! It is hard to import these via mail. I will check for the Luna bars over here.

Had 3 weeks of company (eating and drinking) -- everyone is gone! YEAH! Much easier to diet without all the distractions!

I am right at 172 (have been +/- 2 lbs for about a month) -- can't wait to see the 160's !!!

Julie - I live west of London by about 2 hours in the county of Gloucestershire - right in the middle of the Cotswolds. It is a beautiful part of the country.

Mandy and Karen - you are an inspiration to have lost 90 lbs!!!! WTG!

Britt - good job on losing another 1.5 lbs!

Fiona - Just be glad your life isn't boring?! Sorry you have had such chaos!

Jane - I am trying it on my own too! You will be in good company!

Linda - WTG on the 17.5 lbs!!!
henrygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #165  

Hi Jewel! Are you looking for a recipe to take somewhere, or trying to satisfy a Lasagne craving? If it's the craving, I've found the easiest thing to do is to use the Lean Cuisine/Healthy choice options.

If you're trying to make it, it's really tough staying OP, because the pasta portions are so limited - I think one serving is about 2/3 of an oz (1/3 cup)? I guess one lasagne sheet is 1 or 2 oz - play around with the numbers and see what you can come up with. You could try something with no sodium tomatoes or tomato sauce, and use cottage cheese and eggs - parm cheese, hmm, not sure how to count that.

Michelle - so glad that you and your family are safe! I drove past the Pentagon just before it was hit on 9/11 - so I was reliving that day, too.

Too bad about the centers closing - you should definately find a way to get your $$$/(no symbol on my pc for pounds!).. About the luna bars, I think some chicks have ordered them from Amazon, and I know you can get them on ebay - but have no idea what the postage would be. In any event, I can't imagine that the UK doesn't have some sort of sports/nutrion bar that's around 180 cals, and at least 10 gr of protein a serving. Also - alot of people sell LAWL stuff on ebay - for the trimax, etc. . .

Julie