Old 07-04-2005, 03:46 PM   #61  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 250/250/175

Height: 5' 9"

Happy 4th of July

I did have a slice of pizza today but I did was 4 miles and thought that I earned it...lol Other than that, I have been very good

Now to finish my veggies and such..

Julie.... I am so sorry about you aunt...My father died of lung cancer and I know how hard the treatments are on the entire family. Hugs to you and your family!!

Cindy... I know about needing a break from exercising, and I think that you need a break now and then.
~Rissa&Lilly'sMommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:57 PM   #62  

Default Weekend POP Challenge

Well, I was coasting along on Saturday, even managed the bbq at our son's house very well by taking my own veggies along. Then along comes Sunday and I forgot to eat breakfast before leaving for church. I also forgot to take my bar and fruit (usually raisins for church), so I missed that too. I did fine the rest of the day. We went out to Captain D's for lunch and I ordered the low calorie fish plate, took only two bites of rice so I could indulge in the one hush puppy and counted them both as my starch and a fat. I did manage to smuggle a fruit in with dinner, so for the day I was short a half of a protein, one ruit, one starch, and one LA Lite.

Barbeque this afternoon, again, but this time at my house. It is an impromptu occasion, but I am planning for my food, leaving the macaroni salad alone!

Britt, how are you and Cindy doing? The last I read, you were both doing great! Keep it up!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:02 PM   #63  

Default Julie!

Oh, that is so sad. I hope you will still get to go see your aunt while you are in the area. Talk with your cousin. She may welcome the company, you never know. Offer to stay elsewhere and see what she says.

Thanks for clearing up the confused state I was in. I've made the trip from Vegas to Tahoe several times and wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially during the hot weather! But, I lived in CA for years and never cared for the desert.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:09 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon everyone!!

Sounds like everyone is experiencing great willpower this weekend!! WTG everybody!!!

Regina~ I used to live not very far from Tahoe in a town(s) called Minden/Gardnerville. Its in the valley below Tahoe. We lived there for 10 years and I NEVER made it to Vegas!!! It just never seemed a priority. Crazy, I know. I am doing great with the challenge. I have stayed the same weight wise all weekend, mostly because I haven't exercised, I'm sure. I did get on the treadmill today for my 3 miles.

Keep up the good work everyone. Isn't my smiley cute? 3FC's must have changed it for the holiday.
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:27 PM   #65  

Cindy,
I've been to both Minden and Gardnerville several times. Mother lives just over Kingsbury Grade, before you get to Hwy. 50 She likes to take me to Gardnerville (I think it is) to the Carson Valley Inn for dinner at least once every time I go out there. That is a beautiful area! How long did you live there?
Old 07-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #66  

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Ladies!

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

I haven't been on the board since Friday, it has taken me almost an hour to catch up....

I started my 6th (last) week of stabilization yesterday! I am having alot of trouble getting all of my food in. It was real bad over the weekend, because I slept late everyday....

I can finally eat that pecan pie, now I just have to figure out when I want it. I actually had an entire biscuit yesterday without cheating! It was good too....

Mandy, I hope you are doing well. Stabilization has been a new challenge, kinda like changing plans every week.... It will get to be a habit as the before stabilization was. We just have to get used to it. Enjoy the new foods, you have earned it!

Ruby, stabilization is a challenge; but I think the maintenance is going to be the biggest challenge. I know I can do it; but you know how it is, I will have to keep up with my weight and be aware of what I am eating. But, I am sure I will be ok..... I know how I gained all that weight now. I didn't realize until LAWL what I was doing to myself.

Anyway, everyone have a great Tuesday. Gotta love these short weeks!
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:05 AM   #67  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Well good morning everyone!!! Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday and enjoyed great company, good OP food and fireworks!!!! I had a great weekend was not POP but about as close to it as i have been in a while. Im gonna head over and update my food journal for the weekend so we will see how bad i did or didnt do!! I think for the most part i was POP missing a fruit here or a lite there i just missed a few things: Friday 1Fruit, Saturday 1 fruit, 1lite, Sunday 1 fruit, Monday 1/2 Protein-1 veggie-8oz water so all in all i could have done better but i could have done worse so i will take that as a success since i got in most of my foods.

I have a lot to catch up on since Friday lol so here we go.....
~Cindy
I think that others tend to see a change in us physically before we do. I think in my case it would take a lot for me to see a change. Hope you POP weekend challenge went well!!!

~Regina
I was actually gonna go WI on W/F but since i leave for vacation next week i will probably be super busy on Friday so i better go Today and Thursday just to be sure i get at least two days in this week. They messed me up when they were closed yesterday lol. So when i get back i will fill you all in on what the says. WTG on your POP weekend.

~Mandy
Im jealous that you guys are gonna meet up!!!!! but hope you all have a great time!!!

~Julie
I thought that # on my scale was a fluke and it was havent seen it since lol. However it was really nice to see and also motivating!! We can always play kickball or kick the can with the !!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about your aunt will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

~Juliemarie
You made good choices with the options you had. I think you proabably counted everything right too except for maybe the biscuit it would proably be 2 starches but you proabably only went over like a half a starch which isnt bad when you are put into those type of situations. Your doing a great job keep up the good work!!!!

~Jewel
Anytime you need support you are more than welcome here its what we do best lol. Welcome to the board!!!

~Fiona
How exciting I always thought that moving in and unpacking was the most fun part about moving!!!! Im an organizer at heart even though you couldnt tell that by looking at our house right now lol.

~Crystal
Welcome its hard at first but you have to plan ahead especially if you are going to someones house to eat. We went to my Aunt's last night and my mom warned me ahead of time that my Granny had made chess pie (just happens to be my FAV!!!) So i knew i needed a game plan. I stopped by McDonalds and got two apple dippers no caramel sauce and i took a lite with me. so while everyone else was having pie i was having apples and my lite! I was very proud of myself and that just proved to me that it can be done even thought it was hard lol.

~Michelle/henrygirls
Welcome you are doing a great job so far. There are a few here that doent go to the centers for one reason or another so just join in and do the best you can we ill help when we can.

~Kate
WTG maybe you didnt do as bad as you thought you did !!!!!

Ok well my center just opened so i guess i better head over there before the big crowds!! Wish me luck.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #68  
razzi

Hi Chicks

I lurked most of June. Had a blood pressure problem and didn't get to start until July 1. Was down 3.4 pounds on Saturday and have a WI tonight. I'm on purple.

Reading the board is something I look forward to. Everyone is so encouraging and I like the give and take. A lot of good information.

I was on something like this about 15 years ago and did really good, but didn't follow through on the maintenance. Now I'm older and wiser. (I hope)

Bonnie
Razzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:38 AM   #69  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Well I just got back from WI and I have to say im pleased with my results i was down another 1.25 lbs!!!! So now i have to change my tickers lol. Made a goal of 1 lb by Thursday. Not sure how realistice that is but hey im gonna give it my best shot!!Ok im off to change my tickers and get me some breakfast.

Be back later.....

Britt
Old 07-05-2005, 11:22 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Good morning!!!

Well, I stayed POP all weekend and my weight has stayed the same since Friday. I didn't exercise Sat. and Sun. but got right back to it yesterday with walking 3mi./1 hour on the treadmill, with 20 minutes of that on incline. I also started jogging last week and yesterday I got up to 7 minutes!! I want to go for 10 min. today. Guess I was hoping for some kind of a loss yesterday and today, but nothing!!! I am beginning to wonder if I am stuck and should think about doing the TO again. Its been 3 weeks since I first did it. I am also working out on the Bowflex about 15 min. and doing 200 sit-ups on my ball, plus bouncing on it for about 10 min.!!!

I leave on my trip tomorrow and my go WI before I leave, which will be 2 hours out of my way. But think it might be a good idea.

Britt~ WTG!!! That's an awesome loss, especially for a 3 day, holiday weekend!!!

Bonnie~ So glad to have you join us!!! Welcome to the board. There is so much support here.

I'll check back later to see if anyone else checks in. Have a great day all!
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:39 AM   #71  

Britt - ya wanna take a little road trip and come unpack for me???

As if moving weren't enough excitement for 4th of July weekend, my sister also ended up in the hospital with appendicitis! On moving day!!! My mom and her BF switched off staying at the hospital with her and helping us pack/unpack, but until about 3:00 in the afternoon we weren't even sure what was wrong with her, so that was a little nerve-racking (they did a CAT scan and found a cyst on her ovary, so they weren't sure if it was that or the appendix that was causing the pain). Thankfully, all went well and she is up and around again. Whew!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:45 AM   #72  
Let's try this again . .

Hey guys-

I won't weigh in until tomorrow cuz of the holiday-speaking of, is there anyone else that would just like to avoid all social situations and staying at other people's homes because it just throws them off-plan like me? I thought I would be able to be in more control of Sunday-but ended up not getting in ANY fruit. The apple crisp we made from the LA cookbook was so bad it was inedible. I even sweetened some non-fat yogurt with splenda and topped the crisp with it but still ended up throwing it away. So ladies-do not bother with that recipe and any other one that calls for a bunch of sugar twin brown sugar-aftertaste from ****, I tell you. i can't wait for splenda to come up with their brown sugar.

Anyway-I feel like being a hermit and staying home cuz it's so much easier. but yet-I have another road trip planned for this weekend-going to the country fair in Eugene. For those non-PNWs-it's a gathering of people who still think they're at a Grateful Dead concert in the 70s. The hippie-fair! Actually, I've never been-but it's got quite a reputation for being quite -ahem-"smoky".

Congrats on the loss, Britt! And Cindy-maybe they should move you up a plan since you're exercising so much. Wouldn't hurt to try it for a week or two . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #73  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Ok i finally got the weekend journaling updated lol that takes a while. I have to make a quick run to the grocery store to pick up 3 items so that I can have a POP day. Its gonna look like the weirdest stuff lol but im gonna get some Juice, canned peaches (paced in 100% juice) and black olives lol I decided to go ahead and plan out my food for the rest of the day just to be sure i could have a POP day and i think i have it planned out nicely. Oh i guess i need to pick up some potatos for the others as well lol We are having steak tonight so I know the guys will want potatos with theirs. However i will be having squash!

~Cindy
You might be maintaining due to the increase in your exercise so just give it a week or so and see what happens maybe increase your water intake some.

~Fiona
HAHA!!!! That would be a little bit of a roadtrip huh lol. However my week is gonna be slammed as it is! But goodluck with all your unpacking!! Glad to hear that your sis is gonna be fine its scary when that happens.

Be back later have to run to wallyworld........ (well im gonna actually drive!!)

Britt
Old 07-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #74  

Default Thinking of doing LA Weight Loss again

Hi everyone....
I am new to you but not to this web site...I have been on the Atkins board for the last year or so. But have been slacking lately and gained all my weight back.

I am desperately trying to do something again and I am considering doing LA Weight Loss again. I did it in 2001 and never lost ALL my weight but that is because I gave up....the cost was killing me.

I have been reading some of your posts and see you have found alternatives to the foods you can get at the center. I would love more info on this.
I think I say Pria bars in place of the LA Lite Bars...and Knudsen juice in place of the TO juice? Any others?

I can't afford to officially join LA Weight Loss again...do you all think it is doable on my own? (of course with your help too )
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:17 PM   #75  
Let's try this again . .

BTW PNWs (and maybe others)-

Fred Meyer had Luna bars on sale for a buck apiece, in case you're interested.

Jane-I'm new to both the boards and LAWL. I'm going to the center-accountablility is exteremely helpful. I don't know how well I'd do on my own, but there are people here who are doing it-I think some got the plans off of Ebay. I think you'd definately need to find those. You can get good accountability here too. Good luck!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote