Old 07-01-2005, 01:37 PM   #16  

hi all! we don't use the june thread anymore now right? soooooooooo i was wondering, how did everyone do when they were measured after one month? today is my measure day! dum..dum..dumm (dramatic music) lol... jw....
912go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:44 PM   #17  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hi Chicks

Julie-You're coming to the west coast on the 15th!! Yay! We HAVE to get together. I will be out of town starting July 24th, so I hope you have time to fit me in before then. I'm just going to a family reunion on the Oregon coast for a week. But it's still a good time. Anyway, I would love to have a little PNW get together when you're here.

Star- I guess you're already gone, but I'll say goodbye and have a great time anyway! Don't be gone too long!

WAgal-Congrats on the loss. Our bodies really can be weird. We just have to stay on track and sometimes wait for our bodies to catch up.

I cheated yesterday. It was a weird eating day. I didn't eat until around 11am (I had a turkey sub sandwich) and then I forgot to eat before I left the house around 2:30 and all I could find was an orange and a slim fast bar. Then for dinner I had veggie pizza (3 slices) and bread sticks! Ouch, and that is all I ate yesterday...not enough veggies or fruit. It was crazy. So I'm only up .2 which really surprises me. I'm POP so far today and plan on going to the gym tonight.

Well, I just wanted to check in with everyone. Have a good weekend!

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:33 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

MetalChic---wow, that's some will power! If I had some Edwards pie in my freezer....well, it wouldn't be in my freezer, it would be in my belly!

I thought summer would speed up my weightloss, but quite to the contrary. The lazy days of summer have had a negative influence on my weightloss, and the pounds now have the idea that they can be slow movin' as well. But, I am still losing, just veeeeeery slooooo....ooooowly.
But, NSV yesterday. After about a few weeks hiatus from all of my belts (I dunno why, maybe I was wearing alot of skirts) I'm easily down a notch in all of them! and one doesn't even fit anymore. I remember having to go out and buy that belt because my old ones didn't fit....and now THAT one doesn't fit! a-woohoo!

I need to step up the workouts, you guys are all inspiring!
alliesarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:56 PM   #19  

Hey PNW chickies - I'm landing in Reno on the 15th, then have relatives in Vegas to visit first (say the 16th and 17th), before heading to the Portland area- can we meet somewhere convienent to all?? I imagine it'll take me over a day to get from Vegas to Portland since I have all of California to go thru . .. I'll be staying with a cousin in Oregon, but I'm sure we can find someplace to meet?

Alliesarang - that's a terrific NSV!

Linda good luck on the tape measure!

Britt -- my favorite morning star burgers are the veggie burgers - I do have some of the bacon in the freezer, but I haven't tried it yet. It's actually pretty old - I should probably toss it. I do like the crumbles to use in recipes in place of ground beef. You had a terrific week - 4 1/2 pounds! You're right, we can do this.

Michelle - thanks for the update on the wedding - it seems like all the good flirting material is with married men, lately (except for Ruby's SB hottie)

The 4th will be a challenge since I have a barbecue to go to - and not many POP foods, but if I can stick to the plain salad and only have a hamburger with 1/2 of a bun, I should be okay?

Hugs to all,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:12 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

What do NSV and PNW stand for?

Thanks
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #21  

NSV = Non Scale Victory
PNW = Pacific Northwest

vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:34 PM   #22  

Fiona - Hi! (and thanks for the translation...)
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:40 PM   #23  

Old 07-01-2005, 04:02 PM   #24  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Hey chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from lunch with my mom. I did really good too was POP. And i drank water instead of tea! I think i have my mom convinced to exercise with me doing the Oprah's bootcamp im going to print her out the info so she can read it. But we start tonight so she has to make up her mind quickly lol. Well just wanted to drop by for a few minutes and check out the post. Fiona you are quiet today are you working at the house? Julie i actually got me some of the morning star burgers last night cause they were on sale so maybe i will have them tomorrow.

Ok i have things to do i better run......be back later

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:22 PM   #25  

HI Britt - nope I'm at work, just very busy. First of the month, invoices go out, overdue reminders go out, renewal applications go out...I've been stuffing envelopes all day!

DH is out at the house right now waiting for the internet guy to show up - yay, I won't have to go a single day without my high-speed fix!!!

Don't know if I mentioned, but the anti-wallpaper project in the dining room went so smoothly that we're probably going to tackle the kitchen, too, ASAP. The previous owners were on some sort of Minnesota-country kick - covered wagons and sheaves of wheat in the dining room, blue dots and teapots in the kitchen. Ick. We picked a soft green paint that will look awesome with all the cherry woodwork and the beige-ish laminate in the kitchen. Only the mini-blinds over the kitchen window are BLUE (to match the dots I guess), so we're going to have to replace that. New houses are $$$$$$!!!!

Fiona
Old 07-01-2005, 04:47 PM   #26  

Hi again.

Yes Beth, I believe it is slimdown a meal replacement shake that I was asking about.

Fast Forward is a juice for a 2 day fast. I believe that FF may be the new name.

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome too!
mlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:58 PM   #27  
217/177.8/150ish

Hi Mlynn, I think some people use the body for life shakes as a replacement... hope this helps..

Hey Britt did you find out what the exercises are that your supposed to do??.. All I saw was oprhas favs but I think your supposed to be doing more then those 4.. I was going to buy bob greenes book so we'd know but I haven't gotten to the book store yet...
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:10 PM   #28  

Hey everybody - note the screen name change. It's still me!!! Vibrant Echo is what we decided to name the baby.

Fiona
Old 07-01-2005, 05:32 PM   #29  
Britt/LAWL~Red

awwww cute name Fiona!!!!

Beth the info for everything we do exercise wise is on the moves page under Basic Training! To give you a quick run down :

6x week 20 min. resistance training

5x week Treadmill/cardio (1st week starts out at 30 min and each week you add two minutes) on the 6th day you double your treadmill/cardio. So on week one if Saturday is your 6th day you would do 1 hr. It also tells you you to increase the incline, speed or both every two minutes while on the treadmill.

2x week you will have an additional 30 min. Workout as follows:
5 min: Treadmill 3mph/12incline
5 min: Floor series: bicep curls, lateral raises, squats, situps
5 min: Treadmill 3.5/10incline
5 min: Floor Series
5 min: Treadmill 4.0/8incline
5 min: Floor Series
5 min: Treadmill 4.5/6incline

and dont forget the golden rule: On the 7th Day-REST!!!!!!!!!!!

Its gonna be a challenge hope everyone that wants to participate is up for it!!!!!! Lets DO it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:10 PM   #30  
266.7/186.8/145

aloha ladies!!! busy day at the office today!

Star~ Happy Birthday early, and have a fantastic time on vaca - we'll miss ya!

Karen~ It seems like stabilization and maintenance will be like learning all over again, but that makes it exciting doesn't it? You have to eat a certain way for so long, it is nice to see some changes brought back into play, no?

Cathy~ your story made me giggle...it reminded me of the time at the gym once where I almost rendered myself unconscious on the treadmill

Beth ~ I think I am on the wrong plan then....

WAgal~ wtg on the loss!! The first few weeks of the program were hard on me because you have this big loss to start, then it tapers down....but trust me, the momentum kicks in again, I promise!

912go - good luck on your measurements!! May the force be with you

alliesarang~ did you get my message?? I love buying smaller belts too!

Julie~ sometimes my schedule is whack, so I don't know for sure if I can get all the way down south, but I will see what I can come up with! No update on the SB boy, he hasn't been working...damn!

Britt~ Have a fun weekend girl, talk to you on Tuesday!

Fiona~ New House = expensive, but also = plenty of exercise you aren't even aware of....how beautiful is that?

If I missed anyone...HELLO!!!!

So I went for my weigh in last night, and I was down another 1.2 lbs. So I am currently at 195.2!!! Love seeing that scale do down! So I did make my 5 lbs goal for the month of June...hooray! I changed my goal for July to 7 lbs, because I have been getting in more exercising, so I think I can hit the larger goal for this next month :

As for my SB's stories, they are on hold because he hasn't been working, but I am still hoping to have the courage to use RWF's suggested line, if he gets back to work soon. Does everyone take vaca in July?
rubyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote