Old 07-05-2005, 04:31 PM   #91  

Height: 5' 4"

Has anyone ever tried Bill Phillips' Eating for Life?

Does anyone have the book Eating for Life?
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:32 PM   #92  

Kate - I've never done this exactly, but think it would be okay - try it and see what the counselors say?

No Debi - you're fine, just checking, since your stats would generally mean gold - (I'm to switch from purple to gold once I reach 184).

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:59 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Julie,

I think purple is as low as I can go without lites..
I had planned on being on Red until I reached my goal of 145.. but this surgery thing will slow me down for a few weeks, so switching to purple is my plan B.
that and lotsa water.

dd
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:01 PM   #94  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Afternoon all!!!!!!

~cindy
I get my lite buns/bread at walmart and i have seen them at kroger. I also try to get wheat now instead of white cause Oprah says to remove all the white stuff lmao.

~Kate
I dont do the CC meals however i dont see why not but then again i dont do them so im not really sure lol.

ohhhhh wait till you chicks hear the latest SB update from Ruby i made her go ahead and tell me lmao but its great!!!!! Talk to you tomorrow ruby!

The rest of you chicks have a POP day and ill see ya tomorrow.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:08 PM   #95  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Karen/Metal
I have the book! But you know i dont really recall if i started the program or not i got it not to long before i decided to do LAWL. They have a thread on here i think for the EFL and BFL i think is what its called or something similar to that. I will look for it tonight at home and see if i can find it but i bet you could find most of your questions over on the thread. Ill let you know if i can find it.

Britt
Old 07-05-2005, 05:09 PM   #96  

Britt,

whats an SB and an Imao?
Old 07-05-2005, 05:27 PM   #97  
Britt/LAWL~Red

SB = StarBucks
and its LMAO = Laughing My A-- Off

Hope that helps!

Britt
Old 07-05-2005, 05:32 PM   #98  

Britt,

it does,, I'm lmao about not knowing that after all my days on this planet.

have a great day
Old 07-05-2005, 05:43 PM   #99  
266.7/186.8/145

DISCLAIMER: Long post to follow, be forewarned

Okay, I have thought about it and thought about it, and there is just no way to catch up with everyone, since I have been absent since Friday afternoon.

So here is a blanket statement.....I hope everyone had an enjoyable 4th of July, and that no one is needling themselves with unneccessary guilt, because we are all working on a lifestyle change. So have a great week already

Well I did fine this weekend except for yesterday, in which I was horribly short on food, and ate a hot dog, which isn't on plan at all. Totally forgot my lunas and lites at home. So I doubt I am up because of the absence of almost all of my foods, but doubt I lost because don't hot dogs have an insane amount of fat in them? Oh well, one day out of my life won't kill me, plus I walked roughly 5 miles or so yesterday, and it was a glorious day to boot.

And now for the update I am sure you will all get a crack up over, it is time for the General Starbucks hour

Friday I left with so much infused enthusiam provided by my board mates (ie y'all telling me to get off my butt), that I couldn't help but decide that I must increase my flirting attempts with the young barista who has held my attentions. So on Saturday, armed with a suggestive tshirt, I went in with my back straight and a wide smile. Let me just tell you that I discovered a whole new side to my favorite coffee slinger!

Saturday my tshirt read "eat your heart out"....he looks down, barks out a laugh and says "I did." As my eyes widen to the size of small saucers and my cheeks turn a shade of pink that rivals a sunburn, he laughs again and says "What can I say, I'm a cheap date..."

When words continue to fail me, he switches topics and says "Are you coming in tomorrow, I have to work in the afternoon, you should come in". With a request like that, what's a girl to do? I told him that I would be in because I had some work to do that I probably wouldn't be able to concentrate on at home, so he said "alright, don't forget then" and winked.

With such a wonderful boost to the ego, considering he had never before asked me when I would come back in, I was armed and ready when I went in on sunday with my tshirt that read "Love for Sail". He immediately grinned and said "hey that one is doubly great, I love sailing"....and then laughed about the other meaning.

I really did have a writing project to work on, so I got my coffee and went to sit outside and work in the sun. He came out at least half a dozen times, I was there for about an hour and half. Each time he came out he would talk to me for a few, and a couple of times I wasn't paying attention and he would walk up and tap my shoulder and scare the life out of me.

Coffee Guy: What are you writing?
Me: None of your beeswax.
CG: Is it a love letter for me? (insert big grin)
Me: Yes, that is exactly what it is, a love letter to you.
CG: Finally....jeez! Get back to work then!

So then he comes waltzing out the side door once again, this time in street clothes, as he has apparently just gotten off work. The drooling now commences, as he looks extremely hot in a slouchy button down shirt, jeans and a backwards hat. Anyway, I digress...he looks down at the button on my purse, which is an old one that says "I give great hugs", and says;

CG: I want a hug!
Me: this is an old button, I can't believe you have never seen this one before
CG: if I had, I might have mauled you

As I pause to try to regulate my erractic breathing pattern, he chimes in again:

CG: Don't forget to have that love letter finished by tuesday, and you don't have to wear a funny one tomorrow because I am not working.
Me: no worries, I will finish it by Tuesday....have a fun 4th
CG: I am going to Lake Washington to go skiing, it's going to be great
Me: where is lake washington?
CG: (insert goofy smile) where are you from??
Me: I have only lived here for a few years
CG: its in seattle, I can't believe you have never been there, but don't worry, I will take you next time
Me: Well, I don't ski....
CG: that's okay, you can just sit on the beach and drink coronas topless

To which he gives another laughs, and casually saunters away.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I think my heart might quite possibly be too weak to take this flirting without destination....maybe I need a tag team to back me up? So to wrap it up, I am a big wus and have no clue how to follow up today. But you can rest assured that I won't be doing my normal SB's drive by, my writing will now most definitely be done in SB's versus on my couch

This concludes our General Starbucks hour, I hope you have all enjoyed my yellow belly, we now take you back to our regularly scheduled programming
rubyshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:03 PM   #100  

Ruby

Love letter consists of 7 of your favorite numbers... hint, hint,

He turned up the heat to get your attention, perhaps things were moving a bit to slow for him and he wanted to see where you were on the interest radar. You are not yellow bellied, and I'm sure he is just curious about where you are with being interested in him.... this is so cute..

keep us updated

dd
Old 07-05-2005, 06:21 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Rubyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

OMGawd!! I can't believe after all that no one asked the other out!!! Geez! Can't wait for the next installment.
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:44 PM   #102  

Ruby!!! AAAAAAAGH! Too fun, I miss flirting! (But I think I said that last "episode" LOL!)

I've got my July ticker up...DH went shopping so there's proper food in our house...guess I'd better do this thing.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #103  

I am pleased to report that even though I had a less-than-perfect on-plan weekend, I was down 1 pound today at WI. I had really puffy feet from sitting so much yesterday and fully extected to gain or at least remain the same!

Karen ~ I know what you mean about catching up. I hate it when I am not able to keep up with what's going on. Grandkids take up too much of my time! LOL Isn't it funny how now that you can have it, you aren't diving into the pecan pie. It just shows how much you have really learned!

Bonnie ~ Welcome! Are you going to join a center, or try it on your own? You will get a lot of support here! I for one need the accountability of facing the scale with someone looking over my shoulder!

Britt ~ Wahoo! It's great when you see that scale say less than it did the last time, isn't it! It was a great challenge. Thanks!

Fiona ~ I'm happy they found what was wrong with your sister. What excitement - the kind we love to do without! How is the baby colt doing? Any more pics?

Juliemarie ~ I'm with you! I do so much better when I am just home by myself. If others are here I am too busy preparing for them and don't get my own meals in. Give me home and solitude any time!

Jane ~ It sounds as though you know what you need to do, and I for one think you can do it! If you were able to lose weight on any other diet, you can do it on this one! Welcome!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #104  

Ruby -- I think he's made his move (he's even told you the next time he's going to be there!) - it's time for you to make yours - if you want to, have a plan of action - a movie, or something - get him out of SB, otherwise it might be distracting with his coworkers. . .

About the light buns and rolls, this is a new one to me - are they OP? I think I've given away my info, and I'm going from memory most times - would a roll count as 2 starches?

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:23 PM   #105  

Default Continuing Post

Ok, so I hit the submit button before I was through.

Cindy ~ How did the hair turn out? I've been thinking of streaking mine, but am so vain about the lack of gray hairs that I've tended to leave it its natural color. They are there, but just few and far between. My dad didn't begin to gray until he was past 60 and I have his coloring. I'll be 55 in a couple of weeks and have a few gray ones scattered across the top of my head and one or two at the temples. Now if you want to discuss runaway long hairs that are in places they shouldn't be, that's another story! I've taken to having my face "threaded" by a wonderful lady originally from Iran. It hurt like the first time, but now I'm used to it. She tells me that eventually none of the hair will grow back. I've had her do my feet three times because hubby has always said I have hobbit feet, square and hairy! I've always shaved them in the summer. Now even if I miss going for a month, there is very little hair on them!

Karen ~ I have a recipe for coleslaw from when I was doing low carb. It calls for Splenda, dry mustard and vinegar. I love it! I'll see if I can find it again and post it on the recipes thread.

Britt ~ At our WalMart the brown Sugar Twin is on the top shelf. I missed it several times when looking because I wasn't looking up high enough. Maybe they were just out. If you can't find it, ask one of the workers roaming around to help you.

Debi ~ You are so right about the water. I think that is the biggest thing that has been helping me in my weightloss! The more I drink, the thirstier I am! I love your attitude!

Julie ~ Gas stations are few and far between. Prices will be ungodly too. When are you leaving? I'll call my mother and ask her where are the best places to fill up. According to Mapquest, it is 448 miles, so you should only have to fill up one time, even if you only get 250 miles on a tank. Tonopah is about half way. I'd make sure to fill up there. You don't want to be on the road stressing about how far it is to the next station because there are MILES between towns.

Ruby~ Awesome SB update! I think you have created a monster with just your looks! Are you sure he doesn't come here and read the posts? It sounds like things changed so quickly he had inside informations!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote