Old 07-03-2005, 11:23 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning losers!!

Mandy, I am in for a get-together!! Sounds like fun!! I am very flexable so just let me know.

Regina and Britt, so far I'm doing great with the weekend challenge. I stayed the same from yesterday which I will take as I took a day off of exercising. How are the 2 of you doing? Know tomorrow will be the hard day for everyone with all the 4th BBQ's and all.

Jewel, I too am starting to experience this problem. Not sure why. I started/joined 3 weeks ago. When I was doing the South Beach diet last year this was a constant problem.

Haven't heard from Debi or Juliemarie for a couple days. Hope you gals are off somewhere having fun!!!

More later...
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #47  
Let's try this again . .

Wow-I really fell like part of the group now-somebody wondered where I was!

Well-I'm down in Salem for the weekend at the folks and trying desperately to stay OP. When I arrived yesterday, I was informed we were going to my grandparent's for dinner-oh my. I knew what that meant-starch, starch, and more starch-with a little starch thrown in for flavor. Sure enough-meatloaf (elk meat even-ok I can eat that), corn on the cob (1/2), scallopped potatoes (tiny serving), and a bisquit (yeah-I know). Luckily, I had saved up 3 starches and counted the meal as 1P, 3S, 1D, and !Fat. Pretty close I think. Luckily, she had watermelon for dessert so I was able to get 2F in as well. Plus it was really filling.

As of Fri (3wks), I have lost 10 labs-so I really don't want to lose that momentum. Mom seems to be getting back on track too. Yay! We're doing another BBQ tonite-but we're in control of the food so I'm not worried.

I'd love to get together with you guys when you plan the PNW gathering! Keep me informed.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:35 PM   #48  
Let's try this again . .

Okay-I will attempt to spell-check next time-that would be a biscuit and I lost 10 lbs, not 10 labs-I did not give birth to puppies!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 02:01 PM   #49  

Juliemarie!!!

OMGawd!!! You crack me up!!! I was so excited that you were having labs!! They're my favorite!! Ha ha!!

I know what you mean about being in control of the meal. When we had our company last weekend I actually lost weight after the meals I prepared but gained over 2 when we went to a mutual friends for dinner.

I was just talking to DH about how weird it is how our body weight fluctuates. We went on an Alaskan cruise last month and I pigged out royally. I was having 4 slices of bacon and 4 sausage links EVERY morning for breakfast, not to mention everthing else I put on my plate, and after 8 days I gained 4.5 pounds!!! Which I didn't think was too bad. I go to a friend's for ONE dinner and gain over 2 pounds!!! I just don't get it!!

We seem to be on the same weightloss pattern as I have lost 10 pounds also after 3 weeks.

Have a nice rest of the weekend. Its just DH and me with no plans, which is kinda nice for a change. Next week will be tough as I leave on Wed. to head for a wedding and don't return till the 12th. Everyone knows I am doing LAWL but there will have to be some eating out. But so far I have been doing well with that, so hope to continue.

P.S. I posted my pic finally
Old 07-03-2005, 03:40 PM   #50  

Cindy, Thanks for letting me know it's not just me. I'm trying to rearrange the veggies I'm eating so maybe it's not alot of salads. I can't tell you how glad I am that I found this place. I don't get any support at home with trying to lose the weight, so it's great to see everyone talking so openly about it.
I hope you all have a great 4th

Jewel
Julinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #51  
217/177.8/150ish

Jewel, thats whats great about this board.. ALL the support you get!!!!!!! I know how you feel about not getting support at home. I do however get people trying to sabotage(sp?) my efforts but thats ok you get enough here to make up for it
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:05 PM   #52  

Thanks Beth,!!!

I sure know about the sabatoge too, but I only get it from my husband. As he's always done in the past....But this time I'm not letting him get to me. When he orders pizza at 9pm I go to my room. When he orders cheese queso and chips as an appetizer I dive into my water. When he brings home donuts and cookies, I have a LA lite bar and my water.

As I mentioned to Cindy, I'm sooooo glad I've found this site. :-)

Have a great 4th
Jewel
Julinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #53  

Hi gals!!! Well, after 12 straight hours, we are about 80% moved in. We filled the biggest truck the U-haul place had, and still there wasn't room for everything. We don't even have that big of a house, we just have a lot of crap!! Tomorrow is going to be unpacking boxes so that we can take them back to the old house and fill 'em up again.

I haven't been OP at all this weekend, but I've been working my tail off packing and hauling boxes around, not to mention we got the dining room finished (painted) yesterday, so I've hopefully done an okay job of working off the extra calories. Tuesday will tell!

Right now it's just me here - DD is at Grandma's still and DH had a meeting at work, so I think I'm going to find the box with my jammies in it, hop in the shower and then get off my feet for an hour or two. Catch you all later!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:45 PM   #54  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 250/250/175

Height: 5' 9"

Hey ladies...I am new...duh!!..lol

Anyway, I will weigh in again on Tues but man this hard really. My family eating pizza, fettucine alfredo, biscuits and gravy, etc... They mean well and make me a special meal, but it is really hard to say No thank you. Oh well, hoping for the best.

I just wanted to jump in an say hi...so HI!!
~Rissa&Lilly'sMommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:10 PM   #55  

Hello Crystal,

Welcome to the board!! Yes, it is hard but it will be so worth it!! Just keep telling yourself that!! I sometimes don't realize how easy I have it compared to others. Its just DH and me so we both eat the same thing. It would be difficult if I had young ones to worry about. You deserve a lot of credit!! Looks like you are doing GREAT so far!! Keep checking in here and let us know how you are doing, okay?

Fiona, I sure don't envy you the move. I have moved more than my share because of DH's job. The older I get the harder it is!! I am sure you are burning some major calories!!!
Old 07-04-2005, 03:31 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 171/167/135

Height: 5'5"

New here -- will post my bio under the intro thread!

You ladies are great! I now live 3 hours from a center - so I can't go in. Hope I can use your board for the extra support which I need!

No 4th July celebrations here -- but we are going to try to do an "American BBQ".

Crystal - Hang in there! I know it can be so hard. We will be here to encourage you!

Fiona - the move will be over soon and your new home will be set up. I am so tired of moving right now -- we moved 2x in the last 12 mos (1x across the pond). Hoping to stay put for a while now.

I recently read Dr.Phil's book -- I like the LAWL diet better, but some of his 7 keys make a lot of sense. Anyone else read it?

Gotta scoot -- this is the 1st day of summer vacation for the kids. Need to figure out a schedule for the next 8 weeks.

Michelle
DD#1 (9/99) DD#2 (12/00) DS (6/04)

Last edited by henrygirls; 07-04-2005 at 03:34 AM.
henrygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 08:20 AM   #57  

Good morning, chickies!

Happy Fourth to all of us - a day to recall independence and being a rebel - have any of you seen the movie National Treasure (I think) with Nicolas Cage - and the treasure map on the back of the Declaration of Independence? I saw it on the plane on the way to England, and remembered that all our founding fathers were a treasonous bunch. . .

Welcome to Michelle and Crystal - glad that you found our chatty group!

Michelle - where in England do you live? I just came back from two weeks traveling from London up to Edinburg. How often do you get to the center to weigh in (WI)?

Crystal - I have the same problem with family get togethers, and I have one today, too - my only defense is to try to leave white space on my plate, fill up with veggies, and to try to get away from the food table. ..the other advice that Star has given us is to find the cutest guy to flirt with - very hard to do with food in your mouth! I agree with you that walking is a great way to think things out - I have to get out on the road again, myself.

Jewel - I'm impressed with your methods of handling DH's food ploys - eventually he will get the message and be proud of you -

Fiona - WTG on moving day - I think the hardest part is just finding a place for everything in a new place.

Cindy - have to agree with you about body weight fluctating - I went up about 5 pounds on a cruise in January. Hard to say if it was the food, or the alcohol that did me in . . Also hard to say which day I gained that weight!

To all the PNW chickies - my plans are still not firm - I just found out my great aunt, who lives with my cousin in Portland has ovarian cancer - true she is 85 - but don't want to add to my cousin's plate - hopefully all will become clear in a day or two!

Hugs,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:27 AM   #58  
217/177.8/150ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julinstl
Thanks Beth,!!!

I sure know about the sabatoge too, but I only get it from my husband. As he's always done in the past....But this time I'm not letting him get to me. When he orders pizza at 9pm I go to my room. When he orders cheese queso and chips as an appetizer I dive into my water. When he brings home donuts and cookies, I have a LA lite bar and my water.

As I mentioned to Cindy, I'm sooooo glad I've found this site. :-)

Have a great 4th
Jewel

hmm sounds like my husband... mine gets so mad because I won't have one of those huge friggen cookies or that half gallon of ice cream with him.. I do the same as you, I have a bar when he gets one of those out.. Last night I shocked him and had pizza too.. veggies pretty good actualy...lol Im determined not to let anyone make me fail... you'd think they'd be happy, but I think it scares them...

you all have a great day
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:30 AM   #59  
Kate

Well after my horrible eating and drinking this weekend I went to WI and I still lost 1lb!! Woohoo!
kcreary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 11:11 AM   #60  

Good morning everyone!!

Well, so far so good on the weekend challenge posted by Britt. I am still the same, no loss, no gain!! I took Sat. and Sun. off from exercising but will get back to it today.

Julie~ Sorry to hear about your great aunt. When you get to be that age, it seems unfair to have to deal with cancer. It will be hard on your cousin, for sure.

Michelle~ Welcome to the board!!! I live a good hour from the nearest center and I go in once a week. Three hours away would be impossible!! You will get lots of support here as well as advice and tips. This place is my weightloss lifeline!!! I watch Dr. Phil all the time but have not read his book. Guess I will have to check it out.

Fiona~ Don't work too hard today!!! Ha ha!

More later losers!