Old 08-25-2004, 05:23 PM   #181  

Kristi,
I did try a couple different Luna bars,picked them up at Walgreens. They were good, but did not compare to the LA Lites..The Lites have more chocolate. I'm gonna check the grocery store and see what kind of "cheap" replacement snack bar I can find there. I'm just not willing to spend $200 plus more for them.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 05:41 PM   #182  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Kristi...Look where it says user cp...click on that and then click on edit avatars. once your there look to the right and you'll see a drop down box that says standard avatars, click the arrow and it will say pounds lost. Then save the changes. Then go to edit profile and where it says registered user, put your stats in that box. I hope I said it right.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 05:44 PM   #183  
156/127.4/127.4

Okay, I think I was able to change my information stuff too!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 05:46 PM   #184  
One meal at a time!

Kristi...when you change it, scroll to the bottom where it says save changes and click on that.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:52 PM   #185  

hey Other Chicks,
We have all our ducks in a row now....or is that chickstats in a row?
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 05:56 PM   #186  
156/127.4/127.4

Great idea Karen! Now we all don't have to try to remember!!!!

Kristi-I always wanted to live in Oregon especially the Portland area. I had a friend that moved to Brookings a few years back and I never talk to her anymore but I know she loved it when she first got there. We try to take the family to the coast about every two years or so! Some of my best photos and memories are at the beach with my kids!!!

To everyone- my mom is a member and she was given a book of the 50 dollar off for a friend coupon books and has went through one and almost paid for her sign up stuff. Also, she did not buy any of the bars and still looses weight (when she is on plan)! I did not buy the supplements and have been able to find very similiar ones at Wal-mart! Also, another thought on the bars is the Slim-Fast is pretty comparable but smaller in size but bigger in taste! Their bars are more like real candy bars! They have a peanut butter crunch that is like a Butterfinger, a carmel chewy kind of some sort that is like a Snickers bar. Those are the only two I have tried though. Also, the Nutrigrain cereal bars are actually very similiar calorie and sugar and fat wise as the LA Lites! I have become obsessed with food labels now at the store!

Sammy
Old 08-25-2004, 06:02 PM   #187  

OK, does anyone else here struggle with those three or four (or five or six) hours between after-work and bedtime? Once my DD goes to bed around 8, that is usually my quiet time for the day when I curl up with a book and a SNACK - preferably something chewy or crunchy, like cookies or chips or popcorn. I think it's one of those habitual things - I'm not necessarily hungry, but it's been 2-3-4 hours since dinner and such-and-such a snack just sounds good. Anyone had success overcoming this? I know it's a problem area for my other friend who just started LAWL, too. I've tried saving one of my bars for that time, but it doesn't really hit the spot the same way, you know?

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:25 PM   #188  
156/127.4/127.4

Fiona- I have yet to conquer this battle as I usually have a later dinner like 6:30-7:00 and by the time I clean everything up I try to occupy my time doing something with my hands. My mom was a snacker like that and she saves a fruit for her t.v. time. My biggest problem is later afternoon, that is when I like to snack and I just try to save my fruit for that time. I know not the same but well it gets me past while I hang with Oprah or get the kids through homework!
Sammy
Old 08-25-2004, 07:40 PM   #189  
One meal at a time!

Fiona....At the center, they have garlic twists, BBQ twists, cheese curls, popcorn and toffee popcorn. They count as a starch. The garlic ones I crush up and put on top of my salads or just eat them out of the bag. They are all good and a great snack. They are 10 for 10.00 at my center. I eat them all the time. I eat dinner between 5 and 5:30 (I can't wait any longer...lol) and I go to bed around 10. That's alot of time in between to not eat, so what I sometime do is save a fruit, eat sugar free jello and have 4 oz. skim milk. If you drink your hot lemon water at night, that helps as well. I tried to save a bar but I can't do it. I struggle with being hungry in the afternoons too. I have also tried to space my food out with not much time in between. I'm on the gold plan and here's how I usually do mine. I'd be interested to see how everyone does theirs too.
8:00- fruit and starch
9:30- bar
11:00- fruit
12:00-12:30- protein, starch, veggie
2:00- bar
3:00-3:30- fruit
5:00-5:30- protein, 2 veggies
then jello, hot lemon water and then dairy. All while still drinking water. I have coffee in the morning, diet rite for lunch, iced tea for dinner and the rest of the time water.
This way, I'm eating about every hour and a half. Some days it works and other days I starve. Hope this helps some.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:06 PM   #190  

Here was today's schedule (pretty typical of a *good* day for me - I need to go shopping again already cause I'm running out of variety in the fruit/veg department):

8:00 - 1/2 c canned pineapple (F) and 1 string cheese (Dairy)
10:30 - bar
12:00 - LC chicken fettucine (S & P),
1:00 - 1 c. broccoli florets (supposed to be with lunch, ran errands instead) (V) and 1 T FF ranch dressing (Free)
3:00 - bar
5:30 - 6 oz LS tuna (P) w/ 1T lite mayo (Fat) and lite salt in pita (S) with a little lettuce, plus lettuce & cherry tomatoes (VV) on the side w/FF italian dressing (Free)

I still have two fruits and a veggie left (Purple Plan), so I might go pick up more fresh raspberries in a little bit and save them for this evening. Might just drizzle a little bit of Hershey's syrup ("always a fat free food") on to make it more like dessert - technically this puts me over my free foods for the day but so what. Not sure yet where I'm going to fit in that other veggie, yet.

I generally fit most of my water in during the 8 hours I'm at work! I keep my water bottle (with the ounce markings!) by my side and sip out of it continuously, with a goal of getting all 64 in before I leave work, just 'cause I know I'm likely to forget once I'm at home.

Edited to add: if I could have just ONE more starch, I'd be a happy camper, I think. I'm managing with a menu plan like the one above pretty good now, and so I hate to "give up" one of my two precious starch servings just to satisfy my evening munchies!

Last edited by mkfionap; 08-25-2004 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:00 PM   #191  
One meal at a time!

Thumbs up

I know what you mean. I love those starches. You might want to check into the carb cravers meal. You can have a sandwich and it only counts as a protein and you still get your regular starches too. They have a list of things you can choose from for one meal a day. It has been a lifesaver for me especially on my hungry days.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:20 AM   #192  
156/127.4/127.4

Hey guys!

Way to go Fiona for a great day!!!
My typical day is this:
7:00 or earliertoast/FF strawberry jam or I sacrifice my fat for butter
cantaloupe, watermelon or grapes or grapefruit as a fruit
10-11:00 fruit and or bar
11:30-12:00 bar or fruit if I did not have one or the other
1:00-1:30 lunch egg salad (if I did not use my fat) or tuna on saltines or trisquits or I have also been using FF LS canned chicken instead of tuna. Not a big fan of tuna especially with that little tiny bit of Mayo.
3:00-4:00 fruit and or bar
5:30 on way to soccer practice, fruit or bar if I could resist the two!
6:30-7:30 dinner 1 protein 2 veggies like tonight I had cottage cheese on tomatoes with green beans.
Then tonight after class I was starving because I ate at 6:00 I ate a bar that I missed this afternoon and decaf chai with FF creamer.
And of course all of the water I can stand!!!
I am so confused about the carb cravers as it seems like it is cheating!!! I have yet to try it! But I am thankful for Lean Cuisine at lunch it is perfect and you just have to add a veggie!
Has anybody ever heard how many approx. calories the plans are? I thinking gold is not much more than 1200??
I must be the only late night poster!!
Sammy
Old 08-26-2004, 10:17 AM   #193  
One meal at a time!

Good Morning,
Sammy....Do you have the carb cravers plan? It does seem like cheating but it was designed to work with your plan. That's the best part about it. It really does feel like you are cheating but your not. That's why I love to work it in. Not sure on the calories of the plans.
I got on the scales this morning and I'm at my lowest weight yet (148.2) I was pretty excited about that even though it won't last because of my TN weekend. I'll be on damage control starting Monday and hopefully it will only take a few days to get it off. I'm not really going to worry about it, I'm just going to have fun and take whatever comes on Monday.
I have a few "Life Happens" moments next month and I'll probably be on the Rainbow Plan but after the Talladega races in the first week of October, I'll be good to go. Hopefully this weight battle won't go on forever.
Congratulations to all you losers and I'll be later.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:18 AM   #194  
One meal at a time!

I also like to see what everyone else is eating. It gives me some ideas so I don't get bored with it.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:28 AM   #195  

Morning everyone! So I wasn't POP yesterday but close - I didn't cheat, anyway, but also left out those fruits and veggies that I hadn't gotten to - I just wasn't hungry after dinner last night (yay, I think?!) My home scale said 209.5 after getting dressed this morning, so I'm going to go easy on the water in the morning and weigh in at lunch, and hope that my scale isn't five pounds off! (If it is, I'm throwing it out the window and getting a new one, lol!)

My back is feeling MUCH better even than yesterday - I must have slept just right - and I'm going to go see my regular chiropractor after work tomorrow to see where things are at (literally and figuratively, I guess ). Thanks for all your well wishes!

Fiona

p.s. (edited to add): I should say I'm going to TRY and go easy on the water this a.m! Reaching for that bottle every minute or so is already becoming reflexive!

Last edited by mkfionap; 08-26-2004 at 10:38 AM.