Old 08-25-2004, 12:17 PM   #166  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Thumbs up

Sammy....I'm right with you on the exercises (Star knows how lazy I am) but for some reason the walking isn't so bad. I also use a heart rate monitor and you really don't have to go that fast to stay in your target heart rate. Also, about the hunger. One other reason for being hungry is that your metabolism might be working. That's one of the signs. I was really hungry on the gold plan and my counselor said it might be because I was having a starch for breakfast (it makes her hungry too) She told me to move my starch and it worked. She also said that some people just can't handle starches in the morning. Just wanted to share that info. It might be worth a try.
Fiona....You were just on the "Rainbow Plan" for a day. If I was in that much pain, I would be eating too. Don't let it get to you. If you don't want to weigh in because of that, just wait a few days and it will be back off. I hope you're all fixed now.
Ok, What is a eliptical machine?
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:24 PM   #167  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hi Again,
The painter just left - step one is done. He'll be back on Friday for step 2. I'll be glad when this is over - I stress about everything!!!!!

Karen: It's been much easier for me to stay on plan with all you ladies here for support - it makes a big difference for me. I'd like to break into the 140s myself - so your weight sounds great to me!!!! Keep it up!!!

Star: I'd be interested to see how you like the tummy/thigh toner. Wish we had an As Seen on TV Store here. Right now I've been doing the "Easy Steps Tape" once a day and walking about 3 to 4 miles each day. My school has a state of the art gym and training room - the school pumped a lot of money into that - and I can use that whenever I like. Once classes start I am going to try to find some time either before or after school to actually make use of this perk. I'll just have to settle into a schedule and routine for myself and my kids. I like to get home from school at least 30 minutes before they do - though sometimes they have activities after school and stay late - so I'll have to see what days those are going to be and maybe I can just stay at my school and use the gym on those days, and then go directly to pick them up at their activities.

Sammy: It's a good idea to talk to your counselor about stepping up your excercise - as this may affect the plan you are on. As I found out, the more active you are, the more food you need to stimulate your metabolism. Your body can go into starvation mode if you are excercising and not getting enough of the right foods, and this can lead to weight gain instead of loss as I found out at the beginning of the program - so don't make the same mistake that I did!! Once my counselor saw the excercise I was doing she moved me up from the Gold Plan to the Red Plan and the weight started coming off a lot faster. As far as what you choose in terms of excercise - it doesn't have to be fancy to get results. Aerobics and power walking have worked for me (I lost 10.25 inches in one month while on LAWL with this sort of excercise). Find what works best for you and stick to it. Some days you may just not feel like excercising, but if you make it part of your routine, you will find yourself doing it out of habit - even on days you really don't feel like it. Good luk with your weigh-in!!!

June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:30 PM   #168  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Ahh Fiona,
Don't be so hard on yourself - we all have days like that - Karen is right - you can always weigh-in in a day or two instead of tonight. Just don't let one day take control over your plan - today's a new day, and every day afterwards is a new day - just get right back on plan and keep telling yourself you're in control. You'll do fine. Big hugs - I hope you are feeling better.
June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:37 PM   #169  

Sammy,
Your body only stores food when you do like a fast or starvationn diet, don't worry with this plan you won't store calories. Matter of fact, if you work out your body will burn stored body fat....it's a win-win situtation.

About the center's stand on working out. At my center they don't really encourage working out at all. If you do that's fine, but if not thats just as good to them. I can't figure out why they take that stand. I was thinking maybe becuz muscle weighs more than fat, hence you would weigh alittle more on the scale. Someone else mentioned that if you exercise and do plan at the same time, you will lose faster and LA would lose money.
Fiona, Okay just forget about yesterday, today is a new day. Hop back on plan and do it a day at a time. Old habits are hard to break, but we are all giving it our best shot. Hope your back gets better soon......
Karen, an eliptical machine is the shape of a treadmill, but you stand on two long pedals and look like you are standing up pedaling a bike, understand? I know that probably dones't describe it very good........it's a great exercise.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:49 PM   #170  

Thanks for the pick-me-up, everyone. Sometimes I feel like I've spent more time being frustrated with challenges than I have following the plan! Can't have every day be a Rainbow day, now can we?

I love ellipticals, but I've heard that you are better off investing in the really expensive gym-quality ones or else not getting one at all, because the consumer-quality ones are loud, unsteady, break too easily...but that's only what I've heard. I want to get one eventually, so I'd love to know what home models you guys have and what you think of them.

I've got a follow-up visit with the new chiropractor in about half an hour because some things are still not quite right, and then I have to grab a quick lunch. Have a good day, everybody.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:54 PM   #171  

Kristi,
Yes the Ab Tape is part of Beach Body Tapes,but I think I bought it as a set. Yes, it really works. I also looked into a tummy tuck, but the expense was too great for me. Two out of the three instructors on the Beach Body Tapes have their own Programs for sale on tv now......The guys name is Tony and the girl is Debbie something.

Last edited by Starlynn; 08-25-2004 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:56 PM   #172  
156/127.4/127.4

Hi guys!

I just got back from weighing in and I could not "weight" to sign in! I am down 1.2 this morning and I am down my first five full pounds! WOOOHOOO!! Fiona I am sorry I know this sounds mean of me to post that but I know you will have a POP week and you will see the same results! I know how hard it is to stay on especially at first, had it not been such a big investment money wise I would have already quit just because I felt it was so hard to think that far ahead on what to eat and well you know but hang in there and good luck today!! I am embarrassed to say I forgot to talk to my counselor about exercising and being hungry as I was so elated to have lost my very first full five!! I think I am just going to go for and if I end up getting hungry I will add another fruit or veggie and go from there and then get nervous if my weight goes up. I think the weight going up because you are exercising would be easier to swallow than it going up for not

Kristi-I bet you feel so good to be within just pounds of your goal! Great job and we will be rooting for you to the end! I do live in kind of the PNW! I live in the great state of Idaho! The rain has been so nice and I am kind of not looking forward to the heat of the rest of the summer ahead as I spend every Saturday on the soccer field!

Star-Where did you purchase that set of tapes? I am interested to know as I may have to make two investments this weekend! Husband is sure to kill me!

Okay sociology is calling my name so good luck to all and feel better fiona
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:21 PM   #173  

Sammy, that's AWESOME!!! Don't let my one bad day hold you back from crowing about YOUR success!!! Besides, I am feeling MUCH better about my little slip-ups thanks to you guys, and it's enough for me to know that I have been POP so far today, and have my plan in place for dinner so that I don't succumb to the "easy-food blues" like yesterday.

Fiona
Old 08-25-2004, 03:33 PM   #174  

Sammy, go here:http://www.linkarcade.com/shopping/b...y&OVMTC=phrase
You will see "Great Body" that's the whole set $29.95 and you will see "Great Abs" for $9.95, either one is well worth the money...... CONGRATS on your loss.

Fiona - Gald you are feeling better, sounds like today will be good for you....

Went to center at lunch. I stayed the same. The counslor said it was probably the chicken whopper, they have alot of sodium in them, plus it was an extra starch. But I'l take staying the same, it's not like gaining.........lol

Oh and they tried to sell me more bars, 10 double boxes for $219. I said that was too much money and I would wait until they have a much better sale. She said they may never have a better sale and I said oh well, I'll still wait.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:16 PM   #175  

Star: that IS a pretty lame deal - in fact, that's my center's STANDARD price for a "bulk" purchase of 140+ bars. (20-7 ct. boxes @ $11/box). If you buy 40 boxes you get an additional discount of a whopping $.50 per box. Way to hold out for something better! (p.s. don't forget ebay...Looks like lots of people buy their bars and then resell them in order to qualify for their guarantee and/or rebate but not be out all that cash.)

Fiona
Old 08-25-2004, 04:29 PM   #176  
One meal at a time!

I have bought some bars on Ebay but you just have to take your chances on how fresh they are. I won some peanut butter ones that weren't so fresh. Also, make sure you figure the shipping added in or you'll pay more on Ebay than you would at the center.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:43 PM   #177  

Good points - ebay is definitely "buyer beware" territory, but good deals CAN be found every once in a while.

Fiona
Old 08-25-2004, 04:49 PM   #178  
One meal at a time!

I decided to change my avatar to the "pounds lost" one. That way everyone will know where I'm at on this journey. Would anyone else like to do it too? I'm the very nosy one of the bunch.....
Old 08-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #179  

Default me too,me too

Karen,

I changed with you (ofcourse). Also we put our start weight, current weight and goal weight above our avatar.......

We are the "Stat Girls".........
Old 08-25-2004, 05:23 PM   #180  

I'll add my pounds-lost avatar as soon as I hit that five-pound mark, but I'll put my stats under my name now - although they are also in my siggy.

Fiona