Old 08-26-2004, 03:55 PM   #211  

Kristi, So was Tony Little the guy you were thinking of or was of was that story just incase Tony Horton really was my brother???
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 04:26 PM   #212  

Kristi,
No, I had a good frined in AZ named Star back in the 70's. My real name is Trina....
Old 08-26-2004, 04:37 PM   #213  
156/127.4/127.4

Hey!

Everybody has so much humor today it must be because everyone is down including our one and only FIONA!!!! Congrats! I think of SHREK everytime I read your post!

And June I am jealous! My best friend has no tummy but thighs and buns after two kids. She on the other hand eats what she wants and kills herself on a treadmill.....NO THANKS!

Kristi.... are you palms sweaty from being just right there??? How many kids do you have (nosey I know) because I have a three year old who is almost 4 in October but I have a thirteen year old and a nine year old all boys! So I blame my tummy on them as welll!! (And the saggy boobs!!)

Talked to hubby about treadmill and I got the sideways glance as he was shaving this morning then a "look on e-bay!" So I hope that is a thumbs up! Not that he cares I just hate making major purchases without his approval!! I am also going to order the Great Abs video!

Well once again Sociology has taken over my life, back to the books! Congrats to all POP's today!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 04:40 PM   #214  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Kristi.....I did buy the Carb Enders but I don't take them everytime. I wonder if they even work. Does anyone know if they do? I really like having the option on whether to have a sandwich or not. I usually only do it a few times a week for lunch and the other days mostly Lean Cuisines. I really like having that choice too.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 06:17 PM   #215  

Sammy: I'm seeing some reeeeeeely good deals on ebay! Oooo, and look out for the ones that are close to you "local pickup only" cause generally they have hardly any bids! I actually found an elliptical in MY area that I'm going to have to beg, beg, beg DH about cause $50 or even $100 for a $1,000 machine is hard to pass up - I just have to convince him I deserve an early anniversary/xmas/BDay present.

Kristi: You go girl!!! I don't know if I'd have the willpower to pass up CAKE.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:40 PM   #216  

According to the Ebay listing, it's a Nordic Track CXT 890 - which is not on the Nordic Track website but seems pretty similar to the 990, which retails for $899 and is on sale for $799. Since I hope to get it for under $100, looks like a pretty good deal to me.

DH said "lets pay the bills first and see what's left."

Fiona
Old 08-26-2004, 09:43 PM   #217  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hi Everyone,

Sammy: I guess i just got lucky with the flat tummy - when I was a teen my tummy actually indented from my hipbones!!! Anyway, it's a blessing that's it's flat because I do have a problem with my derriere and thighs - so the flat tummy doesn't make it quite so bad. Good luck with your sociology class and with the hunt for the treadmill!!!

Karen: My counselor gave me a bottle of Carb Enders as a gift when I signed on for the full program. I haven't tried them yet because I'm trying to minimize the carbs at the moment, so I don't know how they work. However, I am taking Tri-Max and FB500s, and I like them a lot. They seem to be helping. One tip the counselor gave me was that if your are taking FB500s you shouldn't take one before the meal you are using the Carb Enders for. FB500s are taken twice a day, before lunch and before dinner. But if lunch or dinner is the carb meal then you should take that FB500 at breakfast in stead, and the Carb Ender before the carb meal. Since FB500s block fat, and Carb Enders block carbs, they counteract each other if taken at the same time. I thought that was interesting information.

Kristi: Good job on resisting all those temptations today!!! I know how hard that is!!! But you made the right choice and should be very proud of yourself for being so much in control!!!!

Star: Keep me posted on that Bun and Thigh Roller. If you get it I'd like to know what you think of it because I'm thinking about getting one too.

Have a great evening ladies!!! Big Hugs!!!!

June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:52 PM   #218  

P.S.

Fiona good luck with that elliptical purchase - sounds like a good deal!!!

Also, I can't remember who mentioned that they had heard that something "new and exciting" was going to be unveiled at Weight Watchers. I'm still a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, and I received some promotional material in the mail. Apparently there is now going to be a choice of plans and you can bounce back and forth between them for whatever suits you. One plan is the Flex Points Plan, which is basically the same as the Winning Points program, except instead of having a range of points and banking points, you have a fixed target point value and 35 flex points to use as you like during the week. The other plan is the Core Program - which is the new program. The info on it was very sketchy, but it does not involve point counting, and there is a list of foods which you can choose from in the protein, vegetable, fruit, starch, dairy, and fat categories, and you build your program around that (does this sound like LAWL to anyone?????) Anyway, once I hit my goal old WW goal weight, which is about 14 pounds from where I am right now (I set my goal with LAWL to go 10 pounds lower than I did with WW), I am going to attend a meeting just to satisfy my curiosity and see what this new program entails for comparison purposes - at that point I can attend for free.

Oh wel, now it is time to go, gonna see if I can find a good movie or book. Talk to you all soon!!!!

June
Old 08-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #219  

Morning Girls.....

June, I think I will be buying the Bun and This Roller tomorrow and I will keep you posted on the results. Ofcourse you know none of that stuff works as fast as we'd like (overnight)......
Treadmill - So Fiona you found one on E-Bay. Sammy your looking for one? I have two, my son bought me one for Mother's Day about 10 years ago (really nice one). Then my friend was gonna throw her perfectly good one out and I took it. I also have a recumbent bike that I picked up at Target for about $150 and I absolutely love that. I'm trying to talk my son out of his Bowflex, he's had it for about 2 years and doesn't use it. He does talk about it alot, but that's as far as it goes.
Kristi, Where do you work that they have all that food around? I have to give you props, I could not be around chocolate anything all day with your willpower....
About the name Star. If one of my boys would have been a girl, I would have named her Star.......So my youngest son named his dog "Chevy Star" to appease me...
Hello everyone else....

P.S. I just reread the post and Fiona, I see it's a eliptical not treadmill..sorry..both are good machines...

Last edited by Starlynn; 08-27-2004 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:42 AM   #220  

Well I'm the current high bidder at $101 - don't think I'll go any higher than that cause DH is probably already going to throw a fit (he told me to stop at $75). I really think, though, that committing to doing 20-30 minutes a day (or working up to that) on the elliptical will fit right in with committing to stick with my LAWL plan. If I can make it through two wedding meals and two birthdays in my first two weeks without completely falling off the wagon, I think I can do anything!

Star, sounds like you've got quite the home gym going there! That's one of DH's and my goals, piece by piece.

Fiona
Old 08-27-2004, 10:48 AM   #221  
156/127.4/127.4

Okay, I have changed my mind about the elliptical for the moment. I think my next purchase will be the slim in 6. I have seen the infomercial and it looks interesting plus it looks like there is a little variety. I pulled a sneaky when talking to hubby about it! I told him lets challenge each other to stay on for the 6 weeks and see what each others results are. He was a little skeptical but thought that purchase was a little more reasonable than the other! I am also keeping my eye out in the paper for an elliptical. His comment was there is bound to be a lady with the same drive as you then gave up and the machine will be brand new! NICE!

Good luck today to all for POP! I am weighing in this morning a little later than normal as I kind of overslept! But I am hoping for a good loss or at least a loss~ Kristi way to have willpower on that cake! I think if I was going to cheat on anything it would be driving up to the Carl's Jr. window and ordering a cheeseburger, fries, fry sauce, and a coke! I know I would look like the guy from the commercial you know the Don't bother me.... I'm eating!!! I am also going to ask for another Carb Cravers list as I seem to have misplace mine thinking I would never use it as I was so confused those first couple of days! Has anybody tried the Pepsi Edge and is it legal to have? I love, love, love Pepsi but hate Diet Pepsi so I am going to ask the counselor about it today but I was hoping it would not taste like the Diet with that aftertaste!
Good luck to all and Happy Friday! The weekend is always the hardest for me as I would love nothing more than to order in pizza!!!!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:15 AM   #222  

Good luck with your weigh-in Sammy - let us know how it goes! Your husband cracks me up - of course I've yet to see even a "moderately" used exercise machine on ebay - they all say "like new, hardly used!" lol.

Fiona
Old 08-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #223  

Sammy - Slim N 6 looks like a good program. The girl that sponsors it, Debbie Siebers is in the "Great Ab Guaranteed" tape. I just read her personal story on the BeachBody website, she has been in the body business for 20 years. I really like the convenience of having workout tapes at home, less time wasted (schedules, driving, etc). Plus if you don't like it, there is a money back guarantee.

I love garage sales and you can always pick up exercise equipment at a great price. I also have an Ab Roller/Chair thing, that was handed down from another friend. What I want next is a simple bench so that I can do free weights at home.....
Old 08-27-2004, 11:51 AM   #224  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning,
My husband gets more exercise moving my machines in and out of the house than I do using them....
Sammy....My suggestion would be get a Lean Cuisine Pizza. You might not get as much as you normally would but it does work when everyone else is eating regular pizza. I do the same thing with Lasagna and mexican food. I just grab a lean cuisine.
Well, I'm trying to get packed for TN and the races so I don't know how much I'll be posting today. If I don't get back on today, I'll talk to you all on Monday. I'll be weighing in and starting "Damage Control" My goal for next week will be to get back to 148.2 by Friday.
Good luck with your weigh-ins and good luck with being on plan for the weekend.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 12:47 PM   #225  

Good Morning Everyone,

The painter should be here after lunch - he's just going to apply the Bin to the ceiling to remove the water stain. He'll have to come back on Sunday, after it's completely dry, to paint the ceiling. Can't wait until it's done.

Fiona: How's the Ebay bidding going? I've never actually done that!!!

Sammy: Good luck with the weigh-in. Let us know how it goes.

Karen: Have a gret time this weekend - you deserve it!!! And who knows, maybe there won't be any damage control!!! Think positive!!!!

Star: Yes, that is quite a gym you have!!! And I agree about the convenience. I'll need to take a look at the Slim in 6 tapes.

SY: How's it going? You must be busy catching up with things after your trip.

Kristi: Congrats on the new loss!!!! Almost there!!!! Do you happen to know the nutrition contents on the hot chocolate? Calories, fat, fiber, sodium, and potassium in particular. Yesterday was my third trip to the center this week - I almost went in again this morning - just to see if I squeeked to the 15 pound loss mark yet - but decided to wait until Monday - I don't want to appear tooooooo anxious!!! Besides, I've got enough to do here this morning before the painter gets here!!!!

Has anyone ever tried the LAWL soups? I believe you can also replace a bar with one of those. I'm curious about the nutrition facts on those as well.

Well, talk to you all later.

June