Old 08-30-2004, 11:33 AM   #256  

Fiona, A really good mini-goal for you would be to get in "onederland." I picked that term up from another weight loss thread... I thought it was really a cool way to put under 200. My next mini goal is to get to 161.8, which will put me at 20 lb lost and a new chick avatar.

Kristi - you did awesome over the weekend. Ya know this thread is full of overachievers, I'm I in over my head? Kristi, isn't that the best to go shopping for smaller clothes? I'll never forget the first time I got out of the "big girls" stores.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:35 PM   #257  

Just a couple tidbitts:
If you go to www.bunthigh.com you can see the evil Tatianna in her skimpy blue exercise (?) outfit. You can even enlarge the picture to see what I'm talking about.
Womens World magizine featured a girl on the cover that lost 72 pounds and you know how she did it? Yep, that's right - LAWL......

Last edited by Starlynn; 08-30-2004 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:36 PM   #258  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hi Again,

Star: Thanks so much for the congrats - but all of you ladies are my idols!!! All your support is priceless. As for being an overachiever - you hit the nail on the head - it's one of the things I need to tone down - I have a tendency to set my goals too high - I'm learning to deal with that by setting mini-goals on this program.

Kristi: Your doing great!!! Congrats on that loss and thanks for your congrats!!! You are surely going to be at goal this week!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! Big hugs!!!! We're all cheering you on.

Fiona: Sounds like you did pretty well this weekend - you may be surprised with what the scale says when you go to weigh in!!! I'm rooting for you!!!

SY: I'm glad to see you do get veggies!!!! You may need that egg after your workout - don't be afraid to have it - it may actually help the weight loss with the added protein. It worked for me!!!

Beachlover: I'm just like you with the diary - everything is written down in nauseating detail. When I was on WW I also kept a diary while on vacation - so you're not alone!!! You've done so well with the program - you'll be at goal in no time!!!

Fiona and Karen, how are things going.

I'm going to go for a walk before the storm sets in. It's really nice here now so I may try to get in a swim after the walk while the sun is still out!!!

Talk to you all later.

June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:37 PM   #259  

OOOS.......

I meant Sammy how are you - haven't seen a post from you today. Sorry Fiona - got that mixed up a bit!!!

June
Old 08-30-2004, 01:32 PM   #260  

The American Institute for Cancer Research offers alot of free pamplets on healthy eating and living, log on www.aicr.org to order.....
Old 08-30-2004, 03:39 PM   #261  
156/127.4/127.4

Hey Gang!

I just got back from weighing in then I had to go have my braces tightened. Double Yuck! Weigh in was not good I was up almost a 1/2... The counselor did not act like it was a big deal but to me it was a HUGE slap in the face as I felt like I did pretty well for a weekend. So I will be making up double time for the next couple of days.

June-congrats on your loss you are close to adding your next avitar and that is the best feeling!!

Kristi-way to go for staying on plan! Dinner with hubby must have been good then huh? You are going to make it TOM or not!

Fiona-way to stay out of dessert! My family is coming this weekend and I am already dreading! But I am just not going to "make" dessert and that way I won't be tempted! I went to the grocery store to get milk for kids and they were baking cakes.... My mouth watered the entire trip. Next time DH is going to go on milk runs!

I feel so bad for those of you doing the take-off I am quite sure I would rather take a shot in the head than that again!!! I went out and bought a bathroom scale this morning so that maybe on Wednesday when I weight in I won't be so shocked! I wonder what the error is between the two of them? Also, a few days ago someone posted about having those "crispy oreo crisps" instead of bars?????? I see them advertised on t.v. but was not sure on the difference between the two???

Talk to you all again soon I have homework and lots of water to drink
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:53 PM   #262  

Sammy,
Don't beat yourself up over 1/2 pound.....that could be anything, even a difference in the clothes you have on.
The difference between my digital scale and the center is 2 - 2 1/2 lbs and that is becuz I weigh in the morning nude, they make me put my clothes back on at the center and that's early afternoon.
I bought the Oreo Thin Crisp, becuz I was out of bars and I figured it was only100 calories, but I didn't get that technical on gram for gram of everything else. BTW, I did purchase some of those Slimfast Snack Option bars you told me about. They are actually more like a candy bar and smaller than the Lite bars, also way less in protein. the one I had actually tasted just like a milky way - yum......
HUGS..............
Old 08-30-2004, 04:19 PM   #263  

Hey Sammy: I'm with Star - don't beat yourself up over 1/2 a pound. I bet it will be gone and then some by your next weigh in!

My bathroom scale seems to be also about 2-3 pounds different (less, always) from the center, even if I go to the center and then go right home and compare. But then, you've all heard my sob story about my crappy scale (which can be 2-3 pounds different from itself!), so I don't take its word for anything! I think I will go weigh in tonight, then run across the street to Target and see which scale comes the closest...:...and buy that one.

I realized at lunchtime today that I hadn't packed a starch for lunch, so I decided to sacrifice that one serving and indulged in half a can of full-calorie, sugar-loaded Mountain Dew. I know that it's not really equal to one slice of diet bread, but I enjoyed it a LOT, and I didn't drink the whole thing. AND, I can barely live with the two starches I'm allowed, so it's not something I'm planning to make a habit of! And I'll drink some extra water, too, to keep the Diet Gods (aka my LA counselors) happy.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:21 PM   #264  

Hi everyone! I'm brand spanking new and found these forums by searching google for stuff on LAWL. I started LAWL three weeks ago and have lost 13 pounds so far, starting at 246, on my way to 150.

Having been overweight for pretty much all of my 30 years, and years of trying and failing to do it on my own, I chose LAWL as a means to put what I already know into practice, with the benefit of their structure and accountability that I couldn't provide for myself.

It's nice to find other people to talk to who are in the same boat as me.
aimtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 04:55 PM   #265  

Hi Again!!!

Welcome Aimtastic!!! It's great to have you with us to share this journey. You're really doing great having lost 13 pounds already!!! That's so wonderful!!! Keep coming back and posting!!!

Kristi: I haven't seen the Sara Lee Delightful here at all on the shelves. In fact I haven't had any bread since being on plan. My starch is either a rice cake or a half of a whole wheat pita. I do miss my bread!!! Homemade bread is a big thing in my family and my mouth is watering now just thinking about it!!! This has been my biggest sacrifice as I am not a cake, cookie, ice cream, or candy eater. I wish the LA Lite came in a muffin/bisquit form - I'd be in heaven!!! I'll need to put that one in the suggestion box!!!

Fiona: My bathroom scale only has increments of .5. I also weigh myself in the morning when I get up and then compare to the weight when I weigh in later in the day. The difference is consistant, always 1.5 to 2 pounds less than at the center. I think that's due to weighing with an empty stomach and no clothes as compared to weighing in later in the day dressed and fed! So I'm willing to bet my scale is fairly accurate. You're idea about going to Target and buying the scale that comes closest to the LAWL weight right after weigh-in is a great idea!!! Part of this program is to desensitize us to the scale - I'm still waiting for that one to happen - I must be obsessive compulsive!!!

Sammy: I totally agree with everyone else - but I'll throw my two cents in and say that the slight increase in weight is like experimental error if you are doing an experiment in the classroom. (See, now the teacher in me is coming out.) Anyway, I think you're doing just fine. Just stay on plan and look for the loss next time. (Remind me that I said that okay!!!)

Star: I had to laugh when I read your post. We are really so similar!!! Maybe I have a long lost twin somewhere!!! Where's Karen? Have you heard from her?

SY: How is your first day on Take Off going? I've been thinking about you all day. I'm sure you'll see a dip tomorrow if you weigh yourself on your home scale. I know that will be a great reward!!!

Well, have a good evening ladies. Big Hugs.

June
Old 08-30-2004, 05:37 PM   #266  
237/207/130

Hi Everyone!

I made an appt with LAWL today at 5 PST

I am nervous

I am hoping I am not the fattest person they've ever worked with.

I am five feet one and approx 230 lbs

I have a nursing 7 month old. They said it wouldn't be a problem.

I have no idea about the program.

Are they going to make me buy their products because I don't want to be shelling out a gazillion dollars for this. I think it's $7 or $9 per week right now. No promotions.
pinkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:51 PM   #267  

Hi Again!

Pinkpenguin: Welcome to the board!!! It's great to have you with us, and congrats on taking the first step in the weightloss journey. Kristi is absolutely right - don't put yourself down!!! Nobody at LAWL will ever make you feel uncomfortable - and you're not the largest person they've ever dealt with!!! I can tell you that at my center there are many women who have far more weight to lose than you do - so don't ever feel embarrassed about anything!!! Kristi also gave you very good advice about the products. You don't need to buy anything that you don't want, or are uncomfortable with. Centers and counselors tend to vary regarding how heavily they promote their products. My center is like Kristi's - the three counselors are not pushy about the products. However, there was one counselor who was let go that was extremely pushy - in fact I almost didn't continue with the program because of her. Fortunately, she was let go 3 weeks into my program - so I absolutely love my center now, and all three counselors. They have been extremely supportive and understand that I need to do this program within my budget. So if you feel that this program might work for you, and the counselors make you feel comfortable, just be honest with them and set a limit on the budget you have to work with and see what they can do for you within that budget. If you're not satisfied, don't give up immediately - try another center in your area, and see how that goes. You should be aware that some centers are corporate and some are franchises. My center is a corporate center - from what I have heard, some of the franchises are more aggressive in order to boost their profits. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The best way to approach this is to investigate it as much as possible and feel good about your final decision. Let us know how the appointment goes, and good luck!!!

Kristi: I'm still chuckling from your post about the scale. If you find a 12 Step Program for Scalaholics, you let me know okay - and I'll sign right up!!!! My husband thinks it's funny that I have the scale under the rocking chair in the bedroom - the first thing I do in the morning is weigh myself!!! The first time I did it I woke him up and he said "what the heck are you doing - it's only 6 AM!" He's gotten used to it now - but I'm sure he thinks I'm obsessing and he's right!!! My counselor says there are worse obsessions - I guess she's right too!!

Have a good one everyone!!!

Hugs,
June
Old 08-30-2004, 06:54 PM   #268  

Okay ladies, I must have missed something - what does 'avitar' mean?

Hi newbies, Aim and Pink! Welcome!

Aim: Your doing something right - that is awesome at 13 lbs in 3 weeks. WOW!

Pink: Good luck tonight! No one here cares what your starting weight is - I mean, you won't be judged here. Each of us help each other. Just having a place to read and post has helped all of us. If you have time, take a look back at some of the other posts like LAWL & Friends 78, 79, 80 and 81. This will explain a lot of things that you may run into at the center in your first week. Don't give into the hard sales pitch if it's something that you don't want to do. And remember, if we didn't have a weight problem - we wouldn't be going to LA, right?!

June: If I put in a suggestion like that, I'm sure my center would want to sell me something. LOL!

I'm being kicked off the computer, talk to you all later. ~Sy~
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 06:30 AM   #269  

Hi again everyone. Just re-reading the previous posts. Kristi and June are right Pink, I hope you made out okay with your appointment.

Am I the only one that has not got on my scale at home since starting LA? I refuse to do it, I can normally tell by my clothes what's going on with me and my weight, and I wait for the center to tell me my progress.

June, the 2 day Take-Off is going pretty good. I have to say, instead of having an egg or egg whites after the gym, I had another 1/2 of a bar because I was really hurgry. I have to say I honestly did not feel too bad yesterday. Another thing I did which I don't think I was suppose to do was that I did have a couple free foods. Had to have something on my lettuce so used FF dressing. It sure feels like it's working - I'll go to the center tomorrow and let you all know how I did then.

Sammy: I didn't think I could do the 2-Day Take-Off either, but since a few others had success - I figured I had put it off long enough. Without their words of wisdom I don't think I could have done it. Now that I know it's possible, I will probably do it again in a couple weeks. I think it's just want I needed.

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 06:58 AM   #270  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Everyone,
I'm back. I'll have to catch up on the posts later on today to see what has been going on while I was gone.
Fiona....I did notice that you got your 5 pound avatar, Congratulations....
And now the bad news. I had planned on getting back on the plan yesterday and di good right up until time for dinner. I was so busy with working and unpacking that I ended up not fixing anything for dinner. We went out and ate Chinese. What a bad idea. I got on the scales this morning and they said 154.2. That means I'm up 6 pounds since my weigh in Thursday morning.
I know alot of it is from all the sodium but that still wasn't an easy number to look at this morning. I didn't want to be back in the 150's again at all. So now I'll have to change my ingo and take back the 5 pound avatar.
But anyway, we had a really good time. That race track was really awesome. My driver didn't win but it was good race anyway. My next 5 day splurge will be Sept.30 to Oct.4 when we go to the Talladega races. So, I have a few weeks to get this weight back off plus hopefully alittle more. I think my new goal is to have all this weight off by the end of the year. At the rate I'm going that sounds like a good goal for me.
Well, like I said. I have to go back to see who has lost what so I'll just say congratulations to all the losers. I'll be back later if I get a chance. I'll be busy again today with taking payments for the 1st of the month.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote