Old 08-26-2004, 09:32 AM   #196  

Default Good Morning Girls.....

That's us, a bunch of chatty girls....I love it.

Well my scale (everyone needs one for sure now) showed me at 163.8 this morning - that's 18 pounds down. Made my day for sure.

Karen - that's you.... My eating schedule is much like Karens:
8am - starch-fruit
10am - bar - fruit
1:30 - protein, starch, veggie
3 - bar - fruit
6:30-7 - protein, 2 veggies, fat (depending on how hungry sometimes I have my dairy here, if not save it for snack later.
8:30 - ff jello - if needed

Fiona, to answer your "snack" question. I think the longer you are on plan there is a chance (not always) that your evening hunger will stop. But if it is just a habit, then you need to replace it with something else.

I also drink all my water at work, 32 ounces in the a.m. and 32 in the afternoon. don't count what I drink while working out.

Sammy, thanks for the tips about what your mom does and on the Slim Fast bars. karen and I were talking yesterday about what we could use to replace the Lites - thanks. I'm gonna have to see what my grocery store has. I need something that has alot of chocolate (love the double chocolate Lites).

Kristi. I'm totally with you on not getting the snacks at LA becuz not wanting to give up any other foods. I have purchased the Biscotti's and they are wonderful, the Triple chocolate (ofcourse). But that means giving up one starch and one fruit, a high price to pay.....

Here's abit of information, to explain why I love chocolate so much. I have no sense of smell and the only thing I can taste is sugar & salt, hence chocolate has both. I usually don't tell people about that, but since I seem to spill my every thought here, I figure why not

Forgot who ask, but at the Center they told me the Gold Plan was
1,100-1,200 calories.

Love those Chick avatars.......HUGS........

Last edited by Starlynn; 08-26-2004 at 09:40 AM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:24 AM   #197  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Good Morning Everyone:
Well, as you can see I am going to be a little different for the moment with my kitty avitar. I weighed in at the center this morning and was down another .4 since Tuesday, so that's down 2.8 lb. since last friday, giving me a net loss of 14.6 pounds since starting LAWL almost 6 weeks ago - so my average weight loss is just over 2.4 lbs per week since joining. I'm so close to being down 15 pounds that I thought I would "weight" to put the chick avitar up there until I officially get there.

Sammy: Congrats on your loss!!! You're doing great!!!

Fiona: Glad to hear you are feeling better and it sounds like you are going to show a good loss when you weigh in - I'm so anxious to hear how things go when you weigh in at the center. I'm sure you're very happy now!!! Good job!!!

Star: You must be really proud to be at your lowest weight!!! Weigh to go!!!! Now go enjoy that weekend and have a wonderful time!!!

Karen and Kristi: I'm with both of you on the LA snack products. They look good - but I'm not willing to give up one of my starches for a snack. I'm not a real snack food eater. I enjoy "real food" too much. I'd rather sit down with some sort of leftover from the previous night's dinner as a snack - but I can't do that now, so have had to modify my eating habits. Some days it's tough - but so far I've been hanging in and keep to plan.

As for my eating schedule/habits, I try to change things and don't eat the same thing at the same time of day all the time. My counselor suggested doing this because it shakes the body up, and doesn't allow it to get used to getting certain foods at certain times of the day. It seems to be working. I'll give you yesterday's menu as an example.

8:30 8 oz. plain fat free yogurt (my dairy allowance for the day)
1 fresh peach, sliced (I mixed that in with my yogurt)
1 unsalted rice cake with 1 Tbs. sugar free jelly and 1 Tbs. Jiffy Reduced Fat
peanut butter
16 oz. water
(1 dairy, 1 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 protein, 1 free food)

10:30 1 LA Lite Double Chocolate Bar
1/8 cantaloupe
8 oz. water
(1 LA Lite, 1 fruit)

12:30 1 Lean Cuisine Cafe Classics Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta
1 cup of lettuce with 1 tsp of Olive Oil
1 celery stalk
16 oz. water
(1 protein, 1 starch, 2 veggies, 1 Fat)

3:30 1 LA Lite Double Chocolate Bar
1 peach
8 oz. water
(1 LA Lite, 1 fruit)

6:30 7 oz. Turkey Breast (I made a patty out of it and grilled it on my
George Forman grill)
1/2 fat free/sugar free/cholesterol free whole wheat pita
1/4 tsp Morton Lite Salt to season the Turkey Breast patty with
1/2 cup spinach
1 cup lettuce
16 oz. water
(1 protein, 1 starch, 2 veggies, Morton Lite Salt)

7:30 4 oz. sugar free jello
(free food)

8:00 4 oz. LAWL Nature's Reply Tea with 1/4 squeezed lemon.

Just so you know, I'm on the Red Plan, so I get 2.5 proteins, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 starches. My dairy is an 8 oz. serving, and my protein portions are slightly larger than the Gold Plan.

Hugs everyone. Looking forward to seeing Beachlover and SY back on the boards in a few days!!!

I'll post again later I'm sure - Have a Great Morning On Plan!!!

June

P.S. Painter comes back tomorrow for step two on the ceiling!!!
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:44 AM   #198  

Fun fact for the day: a gallon of water (128 oz.) weighs 8.34 pounds.

So I figure if you, like me, drink about half your daily quota (32 oz) in the morning and weigh in at lunch, you're carrying an extra one to two pounds around just from the water floating around your body (depending on how much you pee, I suppose). Moral of the story - on weigh-in days, save most of your water for after lunch.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:20 AM   #199  

Fiona, you are too funny.....About the water intake. If you drink 32 ozs of water every morning, weigh in at lunch, it won't make any difference in your weight. Your better off, drinking the morning water (on schedule) than trying to get it all in that afternoon.
But on that line of thought, the same thing goes for the clothes you wear. On Mondays I try to wear the same (skinny) weigh in outfit. On the other weigh in days I try to make sure my outfit isn't too heavy. Some women at my center actually bring their "weigh-in" outfit with them everytime and change before getting on the scale.
I have thought about both of the above issues but don't really worry about either one.
Sounds like you will be getting your 5 lb avatar - cross my fingers.
June - At the rate your losing, you could skip the 15 and go directly to the 20 lb avatar.....WTG
Old 08-26-2004, 11:54 AM   #200  

Star: From your mouth to God's ears!!!! Twenty pounds will be my halfway point - and I can't wait to get there. Fifteen pounds will be a big deal too - I'm anxious to get that 15 pound avitar up there. Then I will need to go down about 1.5 lbs from there to get to my next minigoal so I can get that pedicure!!!! After the pedicure I'll need to think of a good "treat/reward" for myself to work towards for the 20 pound halfway point. That little $10 ankle bracelet I got for myself when I mad my 10 pound goal is a really good reminder of where I want to be for the holidays.

Fiona: I had to laugh too about your water trivia. I actually weighed a gallon of water on my home scale a couple of weeks ago - I told you I'm being obsessive about my weight loss!!!! Anyway, Star is right - you really need to space your water out over the course of the day - otherwise it will be too hard for your kidneys to get rid of. I included my water intake when I posted yesterday's menu for that reason. I tend to retain water and my counselor told me it was very important that I space my water out over the day. I wouldn't worry so much about your water intake before weighing in. If you always weigh in at about the same time it doesn't really matter, because the net loss is going to be the same. What I do is weigh myself first thing in the morning, before I've had anything to eat each day. I put that on the weight line in my journal. Then on the days that I weigh in at the center, I go at the same time of day each time, and put that weight in the upper right hand corner of the journal and circle it - so I know that's the weight on the center's scale. My home weight is always about 1.5 to 2 pounds less than the weight at the center - so the losses are always consistant. If I see a one pound loss on my scale, I generally see it on the center's scale as well. I also try to wear the same clothes when I weigh in each time, and if not the same exact clothing, then something of similar weight. Good luck at lunchtime!!! Don't forget to post the results!!!

June
Old 08-26-2004, 11:58 AM   #201  

Hi everyone, I'm back from my trip. Glad that things seem to be going okay for everyone. June, looks like your home is almost back to normal. Wish your painter was in my area as we (I) normally paint the interior ourselves. Sure would be nice to have it done for me. DH does the taping of the woodwork, I do the rest (figures right? LOL). I did pretty good on my trip, brought most of my food. I did trip up yesterday at lunch time as we had to grab lunch at the training session - bring it back to our seats and eat while they continued with the session (so I did not follow plan exactly, but did better than I normally would have before being on plan). I went right back on as I had dinner in the cooler in my car, and stopped for a side salad on the NYS Thruway on the way home. I'm sure I didn't do too much damage, but I'm waiting until tomorrow for weigh-in. Thanks Fiona for that bit of information.

My younger sister started her stablization this week as she has reached her goal. I wish I could get into the 150's! I can have continue to read some of your posts while I was away, so take care. ~Sy~

I have weigh-in clothes (and have been known to change into them before weigh-in). I never thought about the water, and will remember that tomorrow.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:13 PM   #202  

Beach - I wish I was in North Carolina on vacation. Your making me jealous, but I'm sure glad that your loving your vacation and having nice weather. I forgot what 84 degrees feels like. Will have to wait until we go on our winter vacation to see those temperatures again!
Old 08-26-2004, 12:22 PM   #203  

Kristi, you must look awesome (by your stats). My younger sister looks awesome, and very thin. She is actually the perfect size. She's also 5'7" and her goal is 150. I know that size 8 pants are large for her now. I know that everyone's body is different, but does that mean you are wearing size 3 or maybe even a zero? Just wondering? And trying to picture it.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:33 PM   #204  

Kristi,
If you ordered the "Great Abs Guareented" by Beach Body, you are gonna love it. You will see results in about three weeks. Or I'm sure that can vary depending on what shape your in (post maternity, etc).......Let me know.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:39 PM   #205  

I'm back from lunch!

I got myself weighed!

Are you all biting your nails in suspense yet....? (Of course not, if you've checked my stats)

Ta-da!!! 1.6!!!! For a net loss of 3.4 since 8/15, my first day of the program (including the start-up juice), or after 1 week and 2 days of actual food!
Old 08-26-2004, 02:02 PM   #206  

Fiona -Way to Go, I'd dance with you but I'm on Qucik Reply.......Raincheck....

Kristi - Sorry, I did not intend the "post maternity" comment for you personally....
Oh and that Beach Body Guy, his name is Tony Horton and he's my brother......

HUGS............
Old 08-26-2004, 02:04 PM   #207  

Hi Again!!!

SY: Welcome back!!!! Glad to see you again. Sounds like you did a good job while you are away - weigh to go!!!! I'm sure you'll see the 150s very soon!!!!

Kristi: Congrats on your loss!!! You're almost there!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Star: I've never seen those Beach Body tapes!!! I will have to check them out. Though tummy isn't my problem - I've been blessed with a flat one - even after two kids. My problem area is the derriere and thighs - though those have come way down in inches now on this program.

Fiona: Congrats, you did really well!!!! Weigh to go!!!!

It's pretty warm here today, so I'm going to go for a swim in the pool and exercise that derriere and those thighs. See you all later.

June
Old 08-26-2004, 02:06 PM   #208  

P.S.

Star, you must have been posting at the same time I was. Is the Beach Body Guy really your brother??????????????

June
Old 08-26-2004, 02:17 PM   #209  

June: I'm jealous! At least, I think I am! I'm really curious to see what is under all this tummy flab...my stomach hasn't looked normal in four-make that FIVE-years.

Fiona
Old 08-26-2004, 02:21 PM   #210  

Kristi,

Okay, he's not really my brother, I was just playing around. If he were my brother I would be out there on the beach making a tapes with him.
The guy that drives me crazy is "Tony Little" the short stocky guy with the long ponytail. Sometimes I think that is a fake ponytail? He is the sponsor the the Gazelle, that is on infomercials all day and night. He uses size 0 models wearing skimpy little work out clothes to advertise........they should put some more clothes on....tee-hee
Yeah Kristi, Congrats on your weight too.....

June, I'm still thinking about getting the "Bun & Thigh Roller" for those same problem areas you mention, I share them too.