Old 08-15-2004, 03:08 PM   #31  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hi Everyone,

Lady: SY gave you some great advice!!! Also, I just wanted to say that if your friend that is on LAWL gave you a copy of the LA Express 2-Day Take off to start the program with, you can substitute 1/8 canteloupe wherever you see the Take-Off Drink on the menu. One cantaloupe will take you through both days. I cannot have grapefruit and it is one of the ingredients in the Take-Off Juice, so I have to substitute with canteloupe. It is a lot less expensive - so this should help you. I agree with SY, pick a day to start. Get a copy of your friend's LA Express Take-Off that she did on the first two days, and try it with canteloupe instead. Once you see the positive results you will be more inclined to stay on track.

SY: Can I come to dinner at your house!!!!! Those stuffed peppers sound great - I will need to try that this week - I love stuffed peppers!!!!

Kristi: I totally understand your frustration, but try not to let it get you down. You really have been doing great - and 2 pounds is small in comparison to all you have lost so far. Also, I'll tell you what my counselor told me about going off plan. When we are on plan, our bodies get used to expecting certain types of food, and they digest them very well. When we go off plan, we take our bodies by surprise, and introduce food combinations that we are not used to dealing with - as a result it takes longer to digest the food and we retain more water. An example that she gave me was her "cheating" last weekend. She has maintained her goal weight for nine years - last weekend she went out and ate 8 mini pizza bagels. When she got on the scale the next day she was up 4 pounds. She took it in stride, and put herself back on plan and the extra pounds came off. So, your 2 pounds is minor compared to her 4, and if she could get it off within the week, so can you!!! Keep plugging away Kristi, and don't give up on that labor day goal - you still have 3 weeks!!! That's plenty of time!!! Just try not to do any cheating during these 3 weeks, and keep in mind that it is a really short period of time, and like SY said, all those foods you'd like to have now will be there labor day weekend - do your cheats then!!!

Talk to you all soon,
June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 03:13 PM   #32  

P.S.
Here's an example of what a neurotic dieter I am. This morning I made a Microsoft Excel Sheet Spreadsheet of my weightloss so far, and used the spreadsheet to make a graph, so I could take a look at the weightloss trend and try to make predictions for future weight losses. Now is that obsessive or what? Anyway, I got a kick out of it, and it was satisfying to see all those data points going in a downward trend!!!! I was thinking that LAWL should do something like that for their clients. It's really not hard.

Cheers,
June
Old 08-15-2004, 04:24 PM   #33  

Hi Kristi,
Thanks for the kind words - but I think of all of you as being MY inspiration - I had such a tough time getting started, I can't imagine being an inspiration to anyone else (I'm chuckling as i write this)!!! Perhaps supportive because I understand )))
As for your question about how often you can do the 2-day take-off, I really don't know - I think your best bet is to ask your counselor. I'm guessing you want to jump start these last few pounds. Ask your counselor what she recommends - since you just did the 2-Day Take-Off very recently, she may not recommend it again right now - but I really don't know. If you ask her and she says no - why don't you see what else she recommends. Maybe a Slim-Down Replacement meal at lunch? Or a breakfast bar at breakfast???? Let me know what she says - I'd be interested to hear.

I'm going to try to get a quick walk in before it starts to rain again.

June
Old 08-15-2004, 05:12 PM   #34  

Kristi,
I was thinking about your question a little more during my walk. (I've had to split my usual 3 mile walk into 3 one mile walks today, since it's been raining off and on.) Anyway, one of the things that helps me to relieve water retention is to drink hot lemon water before I go to bed at night. Have you done that at all while on program? I boil 8 ounces of water, and then squeeze one whole fresh lemon into the water after it has been boiled. Then I cover it with a saucer and steep it for five minutes before sipping it down slowly. That seems to help me with that particular problem. I have also been using Nature's Reply before I go to bed to help with the constipation problem. So far so good on both counts. Also, what sort of excercise do you do? I know it's really hard to get in a lot of excercise while working - that is one of the things I am afraid about, since I know that I will not be able to keep up all my excercising once I go back to work next month. If you have the time you might consider kicking up your excercise a little. Do you do the Easy Steps Tape at all? I like that a lot, and do it first thing in the morning when I get up - it only takes 20 minutes. Anyway, those are my thoughts.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:31 PM   #35  

Kristi: It could have been just that sausage that you ate that made the scale show a gain. Sodium or whatever they put in that stuff would make you retain water today. I don't think that sausage or ham/bacon stuff in on the plan anyway. Of course, I don't think that meatballs would be any better. Keep downing the water and I'm sure it's just a temporay setback. What June said sounds right to me too about introducing different foods, I think our bodies do get use to what we provide. People gain and lose weight differently. My husband's last diet, his pants would fit better, he felt thinner and for him, it doesn't show up on the scale for a couple of weeks. Then, all of a sudden he has a big weight lost (wish it was the same for me).

June: Where do you get the Nature's Reply? Is that a tea of some type, or do you get it at the LAWLC?

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 06:37 PM   #36  

SY:
Nature's Reply is an LAWL product. It's about $10 for a box - and it's been worth it for me. It really helps. By the way - you don't drink this for taste!!! You boil about 4 ounces of water and then put a tea bag in, and squeeze a lemon wedge, then place it in as well - cover with a saucer and steep for five minutes before drinking. It's not as terrible tasting as I thought it might be and like I said it does the trick for me - been regular every day now that I use it - something that I have never ever experienced before - so it must work!!!
June
Old 08-15-2004, 07:14 PM   #37  

Weigh to Go Kristi!!!! I'm rooting for you!!!
June
Old 08-15-2004, 07:15 PM   #38  

Kristi:
You can usually do the two-day take off every two weeks, at least that what ihave been told.
Good luck weightlady all I can say is take one day at a time don't look at your whole goal make little mini ones .
June I have saved all of my food journals since I started LAWL in 2001 , I also used them to track my weight.
Hi Sy
Have a good night all
Diane
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:20 PM   #39  

Diane:
I'm glad I'm not the only!!! Have a good one!!!
June
Old 08-16-2004, 05:58 AM   #40  

Kristi:
I haven't substituted any bars, but sometimes I only do one bar or one shake rather than two because I don't crave sweets - I'd much rather have real food - so for me I've been using the bars/shakes only because it's part of the plan and I am trying to follow it closely right now. They are expensive though - and that's why I didn't buy them up front to cover me through the entire program - so I understand where you are coming from Kristi. When I first came to this forum I read many of the threads before I began posting here. I've heard others mention Luna Bars instead of LA Lites. Here is one post you can check out from someone who is using them as a substitute.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...una#post392508

I'm sure there are others but I'm also very new to this forum so can't provide too much more info. I'm sure when some of the others read your post they will have more info.

Have a great day - I think I am going to weigh in this morning - and I'm hoping their scale shows a drop. My clothes are very loose - which feels good!!!!

June
Old 08-16-2004, 10:03 AM   #41  

Hi Everyone,
I'm just back from the center for weigh-in. I am down 1.6 since my Friday weigh-in, so that's a total of 11.8 pound since starting the program on July 15. Now for the really good news: I'm down a total of 10.25 inches from my starting date!!! No wonder my clothes are so loose. The inch loss was in all areas, so that's good too: 3.25 lost in bust, 2.75 lost in waist, 3.25 lost in hips, and 1 inch lost in thigh!!! I'm just hoping that I can stick with this and continue to see this sort of progress. I have just a little over 5 pounds to meet my next mini-goal and treat myself to a pedicure!!! Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
June
Old 08-16-2004, 10:20 AM   #42  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Thumbs up

Hey June....Congratulations on the loss. You are really doing great.
I go weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm now down 5 pounds since July 29th ( that's when I started to get serious with this again) My mini goals are 5 pounds at a time. I want to have atleast 15 pounds off by September 30th. That's my long term goal. Then after I get back from the Talladega races in October, I'll see how much I'll need to lose then. I know I'll gain at that time because we go for 5 days and I don't plan on being on any plan.
My long long term goal is 130 pounds. Is everyone really confused now?....LOL
We went to the lake over the weekend but it's back to work as usual today.
And speaking of work, I need to go do some. I'll be back later.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:58 AM   #43  

June, that is so awesome! You beat your goal! Very proud of you. ~sy~
Old 08-16-2004, 11:17 AM   #44  

Default Another Week - Chance to lose some more.

Morning everyone....

Kristi - Congrats, you are doing great and such an inspiration to all of us.....
Rusty - Way to Go with your new lose.....keep us the good work
Beachlover - Have a great vacation and enjoy your choices...
Weightlady - There is no easy way to get started. At first it seems like alot, but it will all fall into place. Take it a day at a time so it doesn't seem over-whelming....

Well I had a good weekend. Busy but good. Sat took my grandbaby David shopping for fall clothes. He's 8 months old, 26 pounds, 3 teeth and adorable. We call him our plus size baby, smiles all the time and is a joy to be around. (Okay I'll stop with the grannie stuff )

Sunday we went to my husbands company picnic. They had hot dogs, hamburegers, pop and beer I thought that was really poorly planned since he works at Ford Motor and there are 1200 at his plant, which many are overweight.....But it made it simple to not over eat

So I say it was a good weekend becuz I went into it weighing 165 and I came out of it at 164.8 This is the first weekend in awhile that I have actually gone down, but what a great start for the week. Ususally I'm playing that "damage control" game. I forget who it was that gained over the weekend but I find that weight comes off pretty fast. Just get right back on plan today and you'll see.

Well I must go and do some work here, good talking to you and I'll check back later.

Oh about the Lites, I'm addicted also. But last week I ran out, just couldn't make it to the center. Anyhow I bought some of those Nabisco 100 calorie Oreo Thin Crisps and have been using those once a day to replace the Lites. The Lites are very expensive and I think if you choose right they can be replaced with cheaper choices......just a thought. I plan on checking out the Luna bars you were talking about when I get some time later today.

HUGS..................
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 01:17 PM   #45  

Star, looks like you did have a great weekend - and you made it through a company picnic as well. Awesome and what a wonderful feeling! I don't know, but it's very hard on a warm day to pass up a 'cold beer' at a picnic like that, unless of course it was Budwiser. Sorry, but it's about the only beer I don't like and it's brewed locally. Not that I drink that much to begin with, but occassionally I do like a cold one, and as far as being warm - it hasn't happen here since May in Syracuse, so I won't being going off program to have one unless there is an act of God that sends us some 'summer' weather.

I'm still trying to change what I eat and when I eat it to see if it will get me over the hump in the evenings. I have been getting hungry about 8:30pm and the lemon water I made last night just didn't cut it. I tried drinking water, and ate a few radishes. What do you all do in the evenings? Have a great day everyone. ~Sy~