Old 08-16-2004, 02:04 PM   #46  

Sy - Thanks! About the beer, well I don't care for beer, but most people there were really enjoying it.....it makes me feel bloated, always has.
Our weather here has been the same, no summer to mention. Thats makes it really bad for riding our motorcycles, just get to ride here and there.
What I do in the evening is have the fat free jello and alot of days I save me dairy and have fat free yogurt at night, sometimes I do both of those.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:30 PM   #47  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

For my nightime munchies, I've been trying to save a fruit and bar. Then I also have sugar free jello and skim milk. I eat right up until I go to bed. I have my own little buffet going on at night..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:56 PM   #48  

Default Mind if I jump right in?

Hi all! My name is Fiona, and I'm a brand-newbie LAWL gal. I'm 24 (and a half, lol), have a wonderful husband and a beautiful 4-year-old daughter, and am looking forward to losing 85-90 pounds with LAWL (my plan goal is 86, we'll see). I signed up on Friday and am finishing up my LAExpress ("superjuice" program, I call it) today and go back this evening to find out all the details of my plan.

I'm definitely torn on the LA Lites...I realize that you spend more than you get back with your rebate, if you do them, but I'm definitely an afternoon and evening "muncher" and the convenience of just grabbing a bar or whatever, and not having to think about what to eat, really appeals to me. And I know several people who have been able to purchase them for considerably less than the regular plan price, either by talking them down or just holding out for a sale.

Anyway, not too much to share about my LAWL journey, as I'm only on day two. I can hardly believe I've gone almost two whole days eating only green vegetables and protein - no carbs, sugar, or cheese! Getting back to a semi-normal diet is going to be a relief! I'm really interested in seeing what kind of meal plan/shopping recommendations they make for me, as my family's life pretty much revolves around convenience foods right now, and switching to a lot of preparing and cooking could be a challenge to stick with.

OK, 'nuff about me. Looking forward to getting to know all of YOU!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 03:01 PM   #49  

Your making me hungry.......
Old 08-16-2004, 04:39 PM   #50  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Hello Everyone!

Welcome Fiona!!! It's great to have you with us!!! Good luck as you begin the program. I know this site has been a great help to me.

RustyWallaceFan, SY, Kristi, and Star: Thanks so much for your congrats and for your support as well - it's been such a big help to me!!! And congrats on all of your losses as well. (You see Kristi, you've just about lost the water weight you gained already - I knew you would!!!)

Evenings are tough for me as well. I generally get hungry beginning in the late afternoon - so I've tried to move my afternoon lite to about 4:00, and then dinner around 6:30. Then I try to keep myself occupied in the evening - I know if i get started eating at that time it's all down hill for me. I'm pretty much down to a schedule now, but all that will change once I start back to work on Sept. 9th. I'm still trying to figure out a strategy for work - in the past I wasn't really eating at work - then I'd eat everything in sight once I got home - I know I can't do that - I've got to stick to several small meals - and learn to just take some time at work to eat. That means learning the fine art of saying "no" to people so that I can take some "me" time. That's probably my biggest problem - I'm very low on my own priority pole - that will nee to change!!! Talk to you all later.

June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:57 PM   #51  

Kristi,
Thanks so much for the encouragement - I hope you are right. In case you haven't already guessed, I'm a teacher and that's the reason for my extended vacation - so there's really no such thing as free time during the day at work - and my so-called "lunch hour" is usually spent with students who need extra help. I need to learn to be less dedicated - except I have children of my own, and I know the value of a supportive teacher. I just need to learn to take 10 minutes for me!!!
June
Old 08-16-2004, 06:56 PM   #52  

Wow, this site is really busy - I'm gone for a few hours and there is so much I have missed.

Fiona: Welcome to the board. And I'm with Kristi, when ever I see someone new - it makes me want to try harder and keeps me motivated.

Hi everyone, the list is getting to long to mention everyone by name.

Thanks for the input for evenings. I have been saving my LA Lite for after dinner, but for some reason I was getting hungry again. I forgot all about the Sugar Free Jello, and I have some in the refrig in my gargage, so I have have some tonight. Wonder if FFSF Cool Whip would count as a free food, sorry - just had to dream for a second.

I think that I have been getting bored as well because I haven't gone to the gym since the end of July, I was praying that we would get some summer weather without rain - and was trying to get some biking in. Got in about 2 days a week which is not enough exercise for me, so - tonight I signed up for another 3 months, did 40 minutes on the ellipitical and 90 crunches - boy do I feel great and will hopefully will sleep like a baby tonight. Feels good getting back to the gym, I missed it more than I thought. Remember I'm trying to switch my old routine around a little. I saved 2 of my fruits for after work, so before the gym, I ate a whole mango - it gave me some energy and satified me without getting into anything else until dinner. When I returned from the gym, I ate dinner and for once in a long time, I feel full! Doesn't happen often, LOL. I think I can hold off later for the LA Lite and will have it with some decafe tea or maybe some hot lemon water. I can't make it to the center until Wednesday, so nothing new to report in that area until then.

Hey, and Diane has a wedding anniversay coming up on Friday. Has anyone heard from Meltin? I know she may be on vacation, but wondered how she made it through hurricane Charley. Hope all is well with anyone that reads from Flordia and other parts of the south. What a horrible site that must be. I promise not to complain about how crappy our summer has been - I feel lucky after seeing what we could be dealing with. My thoughts are with you all, and if there are any readers from that part of the US - they won't be reading anything on the internet for quite some time with no electricity and while others don't have a place to have it turned back on.

Beach is on vacation/holiday for 2 weeks, but what happened to our other northern friends from Canada. Hope all is well with everyone! Have a great evening. ~Sy~
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:23 PM   #53  

Talking

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have to say, I LOVE my center! I've joined a couple other LAWL-related boards and heard some stories about people whose centers/counselors were NOT so great, so I feel lucky. I went in for my plan explanation tonight (purple, in case anyone cares) and asked about the ad in the paper - and she offered me the credit amount ($270) in free Lites on top of my "25% off" bulk coupon. Soooooo, 10 boxes of free bars PLUS I keep my whole rebate amount - sounds like a good enough deal to me.

What I love about these boards is hearing the stories of people who've been at it for a while...at first I think "43 weeks, I can do that" but then I realize that's TEN MONTHS! WOW! And it starts to feel a lot longer! Aren't our brains funny like that?

BTW, where can I pick up a good, inexpensive food scale? I did NOT get one free with my registration (got a free variety box of bars) and obviously I'm going to need one. AND, at what point did your counselor(s) share with you stuff like the Frozen and Eating Out guides? Is this something I'm going to have to ask about? I think I remember it being touched on VERY briefly, that such a thing exists, at my initial consultation but didn't hear anything about it tonight at my plan explanation appointment.

Thanks for putting up with all my newbie questions!

Fiona
Week 1
216.2/214/125
Old 08-17-2004, 07:10 AM   #54  

Fiona: Wow, what was that coupon for that you got out of the newspaper? Not clear above, but whatever it was - if you got 10 boxes of free LA Lites - that is awesome! I didn't know that there were other boards for LAWL, when I looked I didn't see any active ones. I did find the one that you can type in your opinion once, and I signed up for that so I do get an occassional email on good and bad about LA. I like the plan so I take their comments lightly. Some people don't ask enough questions and feel like they are being suckered into stuff when if they took a look and made the decision that they were comfortable unstead of being afraid to be assertive - they wouldn't have most of the complaints that I have read about?! Just my thoughts on that.

I got my scale from LA as part of the package - and you can pick one up at anyplace that sell kitchen wares. My husband, being the cook that he is purchased a nice one for about $30 at a kitchen warehouse store locally (it's digital) - and kinda of fancy. You can place a plate on the scale and zero it out so you don't have to put the food directly on the scale and make a mess, it has a large flat surface (about the size of 1/2 of a computer mouse pad). But, I believe you can pick one up at WalMart for under $10.00. I brought the one that LA gave me to work, so it's in my overhead cabinet when I need it for lunch stuff. Also have a extra set of measuring cups in my desk that I picked up at one of the $1 stores. So, I have no excuses not to weight and measure - it helps me out.

As far as the other items, I was told about Carb Carvers and had to ask for a Eatting Out guide. I may have had to ask because on my questionair, I mentioned that I didn't eat out much. My center was out of them so I had to wait about 6 weeks to get one. My sisters (2) go to another center locally and they got their copy without asking.

I'm glad you love your center. Mine is okay, but I think I would like to go to the center my sister's go to but it's too far to go during the week when I have one on my way home from work.

Take care, and I'll check back later. ~Sy~
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:31 AM   #55  

The coupon in the paper was for 1/3 off your program cost (so $6 per week instead of $9). I signed on Friday and the coupon was in the paper on Sunday, so I just asked if there was anything they could do to help me out. And she said that she'd give me the credit amount in free Lites, rather than messing with my contract and rebate and stuff. And I said SURE! My program total was $818 so I get a $270 credit on my bars...which really comes out to more than 10 boxes, since you throw in the bulk discount. Sweet!

THANK GOODNESS my daughter didn't have to go to daycare this morning - gave me extra time to actually eat breakfast (which in the past generally got skipped cause there just wasn't time) and put my snacks and lunch together properly. Day 1 looks promising!

Fiona
Old 08-17-2004, 09:32 AM   #56  

Good Morning Everyone!!
SY, sounds like you had a good evening and enjoyed joining the gym again!!! That's wonderful!!! You have so much good information about everything!!!!
Fiona, that was some coupon you had!!! Where in the world did you find it!!!!
How is everyone else doing? The rain finally cleared here - I hope those in the south get power back soon, and that all are well.
Diane - Happy Anniversary a few days early!!!!
Well, I have some errands to run now - but I'll be back again soon I'm sure. Seems like the weekend's weightloss is holding steady on *my* scale - so that's a good thing!!! Hoping to see another dip soon - I want that pedicure!!!
Talk to you all later.
June
Old 08-17-2004, 10:02 AM   #57  

Hi Ladies:
Welcome Fiona!
I think I saw an exchange for beer and wine at LAWl, I don't really drink so I did not ask about it.
Thanks June, you have livened things up around here.
Sy I have so many eating out quides, I think they need to update it though, maybe they are finally making a new ones.
Hello to everyone else.
Diane
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:07 AM   #58  

Good Morning Girls,
Welcome Fiona - you'll love it here. At my center we got what is called the "Fast Tracker" when we first signed up. As for everything else, if you see it as a ad or hear about it here, just ask when you go to center. Sounds like you got a great deal on your bars, which is nice becuz they do get expensive. I have to go and pick some of mine up today.....I'm addicted to the double chocolate and chocolate crunch...

Worked out at the gym this morning, good workout. Did cardio for 15m, then worked out with light weights for 45m. On M-W-F I do 30m treadmill, 30m recumbent bike and my ab tape at home. On T&T I do my ab tape and do 1 hour light weights at the gym. That seems to work out really good for me. If the weather was nicer here I would love to do my cardio outside.

June, I also find it much easier to stay on plan at work. Afterall, you only have what you bring from home right? But you do need to make time for atleast your lunch, otherwise you won't be eating at all during the work day....and can you atleast drink your water during school?

Talk to ya'll later....
Old 08-17-2004, 11:06 AM   #59  

Hi Again,
Thanks so much for the kind words Diane!!!! You have all made me feel so welcome here - and writing down my thoughts is really helping a lot.
Star, sounds like you are doing great with the excercise!!! I'm also glad to hear that you find it easier to stay on plan at work. Water at school is not a problem. I generally keep a sports bottle of water on my desk, and sip throughout the day - if i didn't do that my throat would get dry with all the time I spend in front of the classroom teaching and writing on the board. The part that concerns me is being able to get the "snacks" in, and not feeling guilty about taking some time for myself at lunch. The students have really become accustomed to being able to see me for extra help at that time. I will have to learn to eat and "help" at the same time - or to at least take the first 15 minutes to just eat!!!! We shall see. Talk to you later.
June
Old 08-17-2004, 11:40 AM   #60  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Thumbs up

Good morning everyone,
I just got back from weighing in, and I stayed the same (149) from my weigh in last Thursday. I was hoping to be down but I'll take it. I guess the good thing is that I'm still in the 140's. Not by much, but still there. I spent last week in the 150. somethings so maybe by next week I'll be at 148. Who knows.
When I signed up for LA I didn't get any kind of discounts at all. (except for the bars which still cost me 24.00 a box) I bought the 10 week deal. So anyway, today I was offered more weeks for 5.00 a week. I'm still paid up until September 30th anyway so I didn't take the offer. My center really needs updated. They still have the old kind of scales. Not digital. I'm not really happy with them there but it's the only center that's close.
I have a question for everyone. If you quit doing the program before you reach your goal, do they give you the information on the stabilization and maintenance since you have already paid for it or do you get your money back for that or what?
I'll check back later to see if anyone knows.
Congratulations to all you losers.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote