Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 06:20 PM   #181  
Sheila

S/C/G: 198/198/153

Height: 5'9"

tkt117 - Thanks for the advice! I still haven't had any TE's of any kind and I won't eat that cake! I love angel food cake also. I've been using the recipes from the WW site, like the pineapple angel food cake, chocolate angel food, etc. I need to start counting how many times I can disquise it! LOL But for those of you out there that aren't using WW - their site with recipes is excellent. A lot of recipe exchanges going on with the calorie, fat, carb, etc information right there for you to view. Just love it.

bobbigene - Thanks for the weight tracker and the DB/DH info. I hope it's not boyfriend and husband because someone posted that she was doing this with her DB & DH. If so, she should be losing weight ... the stress of keeping both you know! LOL

~~sheila
Old 06-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #182  
Debbie

S/C/G: 230...............175

Height: 5' 6"

Default waiting for IT to happen

Last night I ate from Wendy's. It was late (around 9:00) and I got a jr bacon cheeseburge and a vanilla frosty. I did have a pill, but really never had an effect. My husband and I decided to go to the chinese buffet and I ate what I wanted, in smaller portions - but now I'm waiting for IT to happen. I'm going to stick around the house tonight and tomorrow. I'm ripping the wall paper from the kitchen tomorrow.

I too have trouble eating all the calories. But I noticed when I did, I lost a pound. I had my black jeans on today - the ones that were too tight and now they're not!

Can't wait for my next weigh in on Friday. I had so much food at lunch, I won't eat tonight. After all the running around, I want to nap. But I did get a Body by Jake thigh and butt machine at a thrift store for $3.00! I'm going to hose it off and clean it and use it everyday! I know this works cause I've done it before! Heck yeah!
Old 06-30-2007, 06:57 PM   #183  

Angelfood cake!! I forgot about it being low in fat! I've really tried to stay away from desserts in order to get my fat from my meals. Angelfood cake will be a nice treat!
Old 06-30-2007, 07:27 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 194/190/145

Height: 5'3

LOL... debalina! At first I thought you were wearing your black jeans so that when IT happened it wouldn't be very noticeable. Now I know you just want to show off your new sexy curves in your tight black jeans!

Good Luck... I am fearing IT too. I just went out shopping with dm (dear mom) and ds (dear son) and they ordered a pizza. So I had a slice of cheese pizza... it is all I have had most of the day, but I am SURE that this huge greasy slab of dough and cheese excedes 15 grams! DH (Dear hubby) is getting a good chuckle out of the fact that I won't get farther than 10 feet from the bathroom.

I haven't had a real bad TE in the last 2 weeks, but I am sure my day of reckoning will come one day! BTW: I just bought two packages of angel food cake mix in case I need a cake fix! Pineapple angel food cake sound delicious! YUMMY!
Old 06-30-2007, 08:00 PM   #185  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

4th day on Alli and I lost another pound.

The weird thing is that I've always had those feelings of "I got to go NOW!" mostly at work. I have to go every 2 hours and the feeling comes out of nowhere. But now that I'm taking Alli... I don't have that feeling anymore, and I'm going a lot less now. Pretty cool TE if you ask me LOL
Also, I don't see any of that "orange oil" y'all are talking about. Does that happen only if you go overboard on the fat?

One question, how fast does Alli work anyways? if I go overboard on fat when I take alli, when should TEs show up?
Old 06-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #186  

Hi everyone...I have been loitering around the site for a while and just figured out how to reply. I am thinking about trying Alli and all of your input hs been helpful. I have been on low carb for so long the idea of switching to low fat, (eating less of good fats, not eating bad fats) is confusing. I believe that low carb has worked so I am a little nervous to make a change. Even eating high protein can be a challenge with the fat content of meat and stuff. What kinds of things have you all been eating? High protein??? High carbs???

I plan to go by mine in the next day or two and will start on Tuesday.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #187  

Thank you for the replies. I think I'm gonna start tomorrow!!!
Old 06-30-2007, 11:50 PM   #188  
Sheila

sstambler - Welcome. I just found this board also. Everyone is so friendly here. I did the low carb diet and lost, but I couldn't continue, because I like to cook & eat. So I joined Weight Watchers. Best plan yet for me. I eat what I want basically, watch the number of calories and fat content and keep within a certain amount of allowed points per meal. I started alli to increase my weight loss to 25% more. I have not had any TE (treatment effects) as of this time. I was alloted (sp?) 1800 calories with up to 19 gms of fat a meal, 60 daily. I have not even come close to 60 daily on fat gms. But on my evening meal I do get about 15-17. I don't even take the pill at breakfast because I don't consume much fat. (Except I did have 2 slices of bacon, an egg & english muffin for breakfast 2 days ago. And I did take a pill for that!) I don't go over because I DO NOT want any TE's. I eat a pretty balanced diet. If you get the alli starter kit it will tell you how many exchanges of food groups to eat. I didn't realize SUGAR wasn't a food group though! Hope this helps a little and if you have a question I'm sure anyone would be willing to answer it for you.

tkt117 - Thanks for letting us know was dm, ds and dh means!

Mommyto3 - Enjoy the cake! Angel food that is. BTW - if you crave chocolate and ice cream, the Weight Watchers Giant Chocolate Ice Cream Bar only has 110 calories and 1 gm of fat in it. It's one of my daily snacks I treat myself to.

~~sheila
Old 07-01-2007, 02:09 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 194/190/145

Height: 5'3

Personally... I think you have to go with whatever you can commit to. I have done it all...low fat...low carb...no carb ...WW.... I am willing to consider any tool that can help me in this weight loss journey. So far I have reduced my choices to alli. That doesn't mean that the atkins or sbd or ww diet won't work for you. You need to know yourself and be aware of your own limitations and weaknesses. I think ultimately that is the key to success. We are all suseptable to temptation... find what works and run with it (or give it the old college try!). Just keep searching until you find it. If you give up... that is the only failure!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #190  
Debbie

S/C/G: 230...............175

Height: 5' 6"

Default Hee Hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkt117 View Post
LOL... debalina! At first I thought you were wearing your black jeans so that when IT happened it wouldn't be very noticeable. Now I know you just want to show off your new sexy curves in your tight black jeans!

Hee hee! That made me laugh! The TE's haven't made me mess my pants. Since I am lactose intolerant, I've become pretty successful at *squeezing* and not having any bathroom accidents. (I know, pretty gross - but it's the truth!)

Some happened this morning and I feel it again - but it wasn't an uncontrollable "I've got to get to a bathroom NOW!" kind of thing. I was happy to see the orange oil. But I have a question, and I know it's going to be gross - but does anyone's movements smell worse since using Alli??? Or is it my change in diet??? I know - EWWWW! GROSS!!!! But a girl's got to know? Thank god we keep scented spray in the bathroom at home and at work!
Old 07-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #191  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Well I am back from vacation so I am starting Alli today. So far so good. I am going to be really careful with what I eat.

Bev
Old 07-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #192  

So, I see that it's recommended that you spend a few days eating low-fat before starting the capsules. I'm anxious to start taking them but yesterday was NOT low fat so I didn't take them this morning. Would taking them tomorrow give me TE with that fatty food w/in the last 48 hours? Thanks!!!

Last edited by YummyMummy77; 07-01-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #193  

Angry It won't let me register!!

I put in the registration code and halfway through registering the site said it was having problems and to try again later.

Now it's telling me the code has already been used and try again. But i can't access any of the online tools w/out registering!!! Plus, their customer support is only open M-F 9-5pm.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #194  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default Week 2 Gone

I've finished week #2 now and have lost 8.5 lbs. And I haven't felt the least bit deprived of anything. I am enjoying all the "fat free" fruit there is available right now and I have had some no fat/no sugar added ice cream with Hershey's chocolate over the top (no fat in that either) so things are going great at the moment. Also, no TE's - the orange spots are in the toilet but that tells me that things are working as they should.

Hope everyone is doing great - keep up the good work.

DNR
Old 07-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #195  
Sheila

DNR - That's great! I was wondering how the second week would be with alli & I'm glad to hear you are still losing! I finish my first week tomorrow and we'll see what I've lost. ~~sheila
Closed Thread