Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #61  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Default Orange Oil . . .

OMG, way too funny! It's nice to be able to laugh about it and be able to talk about it.

So far no problems for me, I started taking them Friday with supper. I didn't take any this morning for breakfast - only 3 grams of fat and I can't see wasting a pill for only 3 grams of fat! Probably won't take one with dinner either because what I plan on having is only 7 grams of fat. I'll save them for meals with at least 10 grams. Think they'll still work OK?

They are certainly keeping me honest and thinking about what I consume. Took me forever at the grocery store tonight because I was reading every label and putting stuff back because either it wasn't worth the fat grams or all I'd be able to have is one little tiny bite. I'm not happy with just a taste of something. Guess I'm like an addict - I'm better off with nothing. One little taste and I'm off and running until it's gone.

Anyway, it's nice to know that all of us seem to be doing well on Alli! Best of luck to us all!
Old 06-25-2007, 11:37 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Just thought I'd check in before bed. Today went great. I've kept my fat grams to a min. no gas or oil slicks. hehe The only thing is I'm having to go #1 alot! Not sure what's up with that. I've don't think I've stepped up my water that much. I drank 100 oz today. That is pretty tipical since I started my WLP. Anyways Sending many happy alli wishes to all.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:50 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 244.4/236.2/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile

I've been on Alli for 7 days and I have lost 8lbs. The orange oil in the panties..yeah that was a reality for me my third day on Alli. I vowed never again! Bobbigene, you're right about laughter...laughing was my saving grace.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:42 AM   #64  

S/C/G: tight 26/26/14

Day 6 for me and so far no real side effects. I'm a bit gassy, but it's hard to tell if that's from alli, since I'm always a bit gassy. I did have a headache for the first two days, but I thought it was related to skipping coffee. headache is gone and I feel good.

I don't know if I've lost any weight. I'm not stepping on the scale just yet, but i do like the way I feel. Eating less fat has given me more energy, even if it has not translated into weight loss yet.

So far Alli has changed the way I look at food. When I go shopping for the family I've been a lot more careful about what I buy. The fear factor keeps me on track and that's worth the cost to me.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:43 AM   #65  

S/C/G: tight 26/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezmerize View Post
The only thing is I'm having to go #1 alot! Not sure what's up with that. I've don't think I've stepped up my water that much. I drank 100 oz today. That is pretty tipical since I started my WLP. Anyways Sending many happy alli wishes to all.
I've noticed that too.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:53 AM   #66  

Quote:
I'll save them for meals with at least 10 grams. Think they'll still work OK?
I think that's a great idea! The alli helps block the fat, but it needs to be thought of as a tool to modify behavioral change. That's the key to keeping it off! Sounds like you're doing great!!

jmho
Old 06-26-2007, 07:07 AM   #67  

My first day of Alli was Thursday. Since then I've lost 5 lbs! Overall I have eaten healthier for sure! My sugar and fried food consumption is WAY down!! Those are my biggest vices and my weakness for the sugar is what has kept me from being successful on weight watcher's for all of these years I've tried to count points. I kept using too many points for chocolate, ice cream, etc so I would lose a few...have momentary weakness and gain, lose a few....and on and on.

I'm even more excited about Alli than I was before. I've not had any treatment effects. I've lost 5 lbs. Sunday I only took one pill at breakfast because I went to my nieces birthday party and knew that I was going to overindulge (not much, but more than 15 fat grams) so I didn't take the pill at lunch and I ate very little for supper...so I didn't take it that night either.

Yesterday was very difficult because I'm in the middle of a 2 week math institute (I'm a teacher) and we have had catered breakfasts and lunches every day. I've been eating breakfast at home since on Alli, and I've been really carefull at lunch. Yesterday was tough. I took my pill (in private) before I saw what was for lunch. It was lasagna, bread saturated in butter (literally), salad, and cheesecake.

I got a salad w/fat free dressing, and I ate only a couple tablespoons of the lasagna. I had no idea how much fat was in it, but I knew it was a lot AND I ate the bread I haven't had any treatment effects yet, but I know that I still could. The scale was down quite a bit from yesterday though, so hopefully it won't show up there either.

I went to a Cookie Lee jewelry party last night, and there were lots and lots of goodies...including spinach and artichoke dip (which I LOVE!) and baked chocolate goodies. I didn't have ANY!! Had I not been on Alli, I most definitely would have, even if I wasn't hungry....so I am loving this!!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:11 AM   #68  

Hi - I found this summary on ***********.com which seemed interesting:
http://www.***********.com/resource/...les.asp?id=890

I was tempted to try Alli but after reading this and other people's stories about orange bubbly in the toilet, I opted to pass. I'll spend the money on some Yoga or a new exercise tape first.

Good luck to you all. Hope it does work.

Sue
Old 06-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #69  
Debbie

S/C/G: 230...............175

Height: 5' 6"

Default Lost 2 lbs

I lost 2 lbs! YEAH!! It's not much, but it's a step in the right direction! I take the pill with each meal. I want that stuff in my system at all times. It does help me think about what I'm eating. Now I just need to step up my exercise and get it really moving!
Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 AM   #70  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Well day 2 and I haven't had any ill effects other than a slight headache.

I am like everyone else, this pill keeps you honest! The fear of cheating and having an accident is always in the back of my mind!

It has been a challenge to find low-carb low-fat recipes!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:32 PM   #71  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Day 5. Lost all of 1 pound. No TE's. Headaches and cramping and nausea which may or may not be the Alli...hope it gets better than this!

cuppa
Old 06-26-2007, 03:16 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5' 5"

I'm thinking of getting a starter pack today and was curious about something. If you eat a meal with little to no fat (wheat toast-no butter, yogurt, and fruit) do you still need to take a pill with that meal? I try to keep either my breakfast or lunch as light as possible. Has anyone in-the-know read anything about this?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:45 PM   #73  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Way to go people...tkt117 - 3lbs, PsyDiva - 8lbs, Deborah - 5lbs, and Debbie - 2lbs!!

bobbiegene - We started on the same day. It will be nice to compare our notes as we go along.

Cuppa - I understand your frustration, but hang in there. I'm on day 6 and no weight loss yet. I've also had a slight headache, but not sure if it's Alli related either.

Galengail - The literature says that if you are certain your meal does not contain any fat at all, you can skip a dose.

I was wondering if anyone else has told someone they are taking Alli? I have only told my DH. There has been so much negative press, I don't need the stress of thinking people are judging me. That's why I'm so glad I can come here and share info and stories.

We all understand this is a tool and not a miracle drug. It certainly makes me stop and think before I eat something.

Keep it up everyone.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #74  

Default Starting soon. How do I make it easy?

Ok ladies....I need some advice. I hate planning, and the thought of planning meal by meal is making me feel it is too hard to even start. So

Can't I just kind of wing it? But all with staying within my fat grams? I mean, I know how to diet.

Like mornings, I usually have a protein shake with soy milk and strawberries. That is about 3g of fat or less.

Snack, fruit.

Lunch...Maybe a lean cuisine

Dinner...Sometimes it is just a protein shake, or another lean cuisine.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 198/148/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Alli

Hi.

I tried Alli and was so tired when I took it. Actually, I honestly didn't equate my tiredness with the pills. My husband suggested that it might be the pills, so I stopped taking them to see if they were the problem. They were! I couldn't believe it!

I want to try again and maybe I will after vacation but was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this? I watched my fat intake, exercised and drank 80 ounces of water a day.

Thanks!!
Closed Thread