Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 PM   #226  

Wow, congratulations on the 10lb loss Steelslady. I've been on Alli for about a week now, My weigh-ins are sporadic, so not sure when I'll do the next one, I had 4lbs last week. Congrats to everyone who just had a weigh-in/loss.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 225-(32 bmi)/196/174-(24bmi)

Height: 5'10"

Hi Egyptian Princess- It is great that you love fruit, but if you are having it on top of your three meals and snacks it might be too many calories. Have you tracked your calories on fitday? I eat a lot of fruit too. I have berries with my oatmeal for breakfast, a piece of fruit and some protein for a mid-morning snack. Usually salad and chicken for lunch-no fruit. Another piece of fruit and protein (like low-fat peanut butter-I have actually found one I like) for a mid-afternoon snack, some cut up fruit with my dinner and maybe some fruit and protein before bedtime. I love the variety in the summer. I am tracking my calories on fitday and it has REALLY helped me stay within my caloric limits. Hope this helps-Fruit is better than junk food and think of all the healthy fiber you are eating!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:29 PM   #228  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Hello! I've been thinking about giving Alli a try, but then talk myself out of it saying its too expensive and that I can eat low fat on my own but lets face it. If that were the case I wouldnt be almost 100lbs overweight. So I spent the morning reading through your posts and I have to say, your support of one another is amazing! I've decided I'm going to give Alli a try. I deserve it! I figure the cost of Alli is MUCH less than the cost of diabetes, heart disease or any other disease I am risking by being this weight.
Hi Melissa. Im glad you chose to try it. I am 30, and I have spent soooooooo much money on diet pills, programs, gyms, etc. I have been very successful 2x once, losing 92pds and the other losing 110, and you know what? The first one cost me over $5000 and I am in no means rich! I struggle paycheque to paycheque like everyone else. Just to me, it was the most important thing TO me. I failed and do fail often, but I keep trying, and you know what? When you are down your first 20 pounds, you won't give a damn HOW much it cost, cause you will feel so happy!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #229  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
Wow, I lost a total of TEN pounds since my first day (last Tuesday). TEN POUNDS. If you look at my FitDay on Sunday, there is no justification for this....... my hubby's work cookout had all these food items that the whole family enjoys, and of course, I went way over on that day.

I will say, I have played tennis twice this week, as well as tried out the new 3 lb hula hoop I ordered yesterday for about 15 minutes, so maybe different exercises have been helping out a bit. Ten pounds? After what I ate on Sunday?
Wonderful! Even if a pound or two is water weight (which they may NOT be), that's extraordinary loss. I just hope it doesn't come off too fast for comfort!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:38 PM   #230  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgyptianPrincess View Post
hi all
I have been reading this forum for a while now. I have been on Alli for a week and half I think..am noticing majour weightloss.. I am not 100% careful in what i eat but I know its much smaller portions. I have not had any real TE (one time I saw them orange oil blobs.. I was like WOOOWW)... not gasy or anything like that. I exercise at least 4 or 5 days a week (I do a 45 min spin class or hop on the pre-core for like a half hour or so). I am at 255 lbs so I have a LOT to loose. I do have a question though.. and I may be very guilty for my own actions... but.. I LOVE watermelon.. when I say I LOVE.. I mean.. I REALLY REALLY LOVE WATERMELON.. and fruit in general..... now I know its good to have fruit.. but... could you have too much fruit.. I could eat a whole watermelon ALL BY MYSELF in like 1 day if I am home.. or 2 days while I am at work.. I also eat lots of other fruit.. cherries... nectarins.. peaches.. all that beautiful summer fruit. Now.. even know those things don't have fat.. they have TONS OF CALORIES.. I looked it up on fitday.. and a watermelon could have up to 2000 calories!.. so my question is.... is fruit is what making me not loosing weight as fast as others...???

Thanks all
Sherry

P.S I don't JUST eat fruit.. I have a normal breakky /lunch dinner and snaks.. the fruit is something extra....
Hi Sherry. You do want to be careful with your fruit. I would limit it to around 4-5(max) servings a day. It is still calories, and it has a lot of sugar, even though natural...it can play havoc with your insulin levels say if you are insulin resistant (I am). I also love fruit and can eat sooooo much of it..including watermelon! lol But just like everything, even too much of a good thing is not good! lolol Keep up the great work!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #231  

Default I've officially started

Well, I've started! I wanted to wait till today to get in a full healthy day first.

So far I'm having a hard time fitting in enough calories w/out going over the daily fat limit. I don't want to have too little calories and go into starvation mode. I'm eating fruit and veggies out the *** and still need more calories!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:03 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 230/221.5/165

Height: 5'7

Talking Started Alli today!

Hello to you all My name is Dee and I just started Alli today after reading all of your posts for the past two weeks. It's nice to have knowledge of what you are getting into! This seems like a great forum and I look forward to meeting you all. It'll be nice to have support from women who know what you are going through. Talk to you soon!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #233  

Alright I'm discouraged. I've been eating a low fat diet and taking ALLI for almost 2 weeks now. I've been eating low fat the whole time with the exception of 4 cheats that were contained to one meal each..I know that's bad but we happened to be at restaurants that didn't have low fat fare. Anyways I haven't lost a single pound and I'm gassy all the time.

What's the deal??? I had a baby in October and once I went back on birth control pills I gained 15 pounds and it seems like my weight won't budge. I'm not giving up but I'm giving it one more week and if I'm still not losing I'm going to talk to my doctor about it.

I'm eating Kashi cereal with skim milk, or a 100 calorie english muffin with a wedge of laughing cow light cheese for breakfast. Lunch is a Weight Watchers entree with some brocolli or other veggie on the side. Supper is lean meat on the grill with roasted veggies and fruit and of course lots of water.

Before this I was eating LOTS of chocolate, ice cream and fatty fried foods so why am I not making progress??
Old 07-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #234  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Default Discouraged

I know what you mean about being discouraged. I dropped 6 pounds the first two weeks of my diet and since I've started taking the Alli two weeks ago, I've gained a pound each week! I know I wasn't on plan last Friday because I was at a meeting out of town and it was either eat a little of what was served or not eat at all. But I'm going to keep on truckin' and do the best I can. It has to budge eventually in the right direction!

Had my first little TE episode, nothing horrible, just the slick in the toilet bowl. At least I know the stuff is working! I'm trying to not over do the fruit or the carbs. Tonight I think I'll have some swordfish for dinner and some steamed veggies.

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!
Old 07-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #235  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Okay, despite my trepidation about this I'm actually considering purchasing a starter pack. My question is, however... Do you think it's really worth the money? It seems so expensive!! I am a poor college student so when making a purchase this big on something that may or may not work, I am a little nervous. Any advice?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:00 PM   #236  

Aces & Bobbi,

I'm curious, are you eating the full amount of calories suggsted in your program? I'm noticing alot of people mention that they still limit their calories to 1200/1300 even though their program suggests 1800. I'm curious because Alli prevents us from absorbing calories. So, if someone is eating only a 1200 calorie diet and a portion of that isn't even digested...perhaps that's putting your body into starvation mode resulting in no loss or a gain??

I'm following the ww program instead of the alli program and always eating at the high end of my range to make sure I'm eating enough but I'm limiting my fat to 15 per meal (and 50 grams per day). It's amazing how much MORE I eat because the low fat foods are so few points!!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #237  

Lessthan,

I've only just started so I can't answer the "is it worth it question". But for me, I'm using this to get me started. Give me the willpower to get through the first couple of months (which is when I tend to cheat and just "start over tomorrow"). I know once the weigh starts coming off then I'll have the motivation to do it on my own.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:49 AM   #238  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Good morning all, happy birthday USA!

I eat my calories allotted to me, staying between 1600 and 1700 per day. I think maybe my system is just readjusting itself. We'll see come Saturday which is my official weigh in day.

I have plumbing duty today - both toilets in the house are getting new guts. One was leaking until I shut off the water supply for it. Since I'm fixing one, I'll just replace the innards in both. Don't want them going out if I may be needing them quickly!
Old 07-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #239  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everybody, my Alli finally arrived today! Taking my first pill with dinner tonight.

Hope everyone is enjoying the 4th of July.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #240  

Quote:
Alright I'm discouraged. I've been eating a low fat diet and taking ALLI for almost 2 weeks now. I've been eating low fat the whole time with the exception of 4 cheats that were contained to one meal each..I know that's bad but we happened to be at restaurants that didn't have low fat fare. Anyways I haven't lost a single pound and I'm gassy all the time.
I'm sorry that you haven't seen any movement on the scale. The book did say something about not seeing any losses for the first week or two. That's probably especially true if you have already been eating low fat.

JMHO,
Closed Thread