Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 04:37 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5' 5"

So, after reading everything you gals have been talking about, I went out and got the starter pack of Alli yesterday. I haven't told anyone I'm taking it. If I start to see results, then I may mention it, but I'm keeping it under wraps for now.

I already eat according to the first phase (with an exception here or there), so I took my first pill this morning with breakfast, and another with my lunch. Then I realized that my Cesar salad dressing is going to kill me if I eat it tonight (omg - look at all those fat grams!), so I went out and got some of the spray salad dressing at lunch. It's only 1 gram of fat for 10 sprays.

I've been stuck on this hump, not being able to dip below the 230's for quite some time now. I know part of it is because I cheat now and then by eating something I really shouldn't. So, I'm hoping that Alli will keep me on track. My weigh-in will not be until July 4th, so I'm hoping I'll have something else to celebrate on the holiday.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #107  
Debbie

S/C/G: 230...............175

Height: 5' 6"

Default Will probably pay for this later

I bought a 22 oz container of rice pudding. I bought it for a small treat of dessert after lunch. I had the required serving and felt great.

Until now - I finished off the rest. I know I'll pay for it later via Alli and to top it off, I'm lactose intolerant. But it was worth it! Sometimes you have to eat what you want and then get back on the wagon.

My trick for eating dinner is I put my food on a smaller plate and after I take a bite, I sit on my hands. I eat way too fast and I'm trying to break that habit.

Even with eating the whole container, I'm still about 400 calories short. That includes my dinner. I'm using the calorie counter online and it keeps me in check. I always knew I didn't get enough to eat.

Tomorrow I have a presentation (I'm in marketing) and they said they'll have breakfast food. Coffee and juice and probably sweets. Lord help me! I was going to eat a granola bar on the way to help with the hunger. Any suggestions????
Old 06-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #108  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default Suggestion

debalina:

I would bring a container of cut up fruit for breakfast - most fruits have zero fat grams.

DNR
Old 06-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #109  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

debalina - You need a little protein to curb your appetite. Have a protein shake in the morning. I drink a Slimfast Optima in the morning. Because of the protein in it, I can easily go until lunch without being hungry. Now, if it is just that sweets will be available and hard to resist, and you just must have something, pick the most healthy available (like a bagel) and cut it in half. Make sure you take a pill in the morning, that will help you make good choices too.

Good luck!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5' 5"

Paula, I love the protein shake idea! I'm a vegetarian, so it isn't as easy for me to get the protein that I need each day. I've been using protein bars, but I think I'd much rather have a shake in the morning instead. I'm still lacking about 400 calories myself, according the the counter on the Alli website. I'm also short about 20 fat grams. I'm going to the grocery store to pick up some fruits and veggies for snacks, and I may pick up something for my sweet tooth like pudding. If I get it in the individual packs, then I'll be sure to just eat one serving.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #111  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Default So enjoy reading the posts!

I so look forward to getting home from work and reading all of the news! Everyone seems to be doing really well which really seems to encourage me. This is so much better than my WW meetings ever were.

I was bad last night and had some macaroni salad - the really good kind with a ton of mayonaise in it. I didn't take a pill last night so I didn't have much to a problem today. I felt so guilty about having cheated but today I got back on track. Some people crave ice cream or candy, I crave macaroni salad!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 144/141/115

Height: 5'2"

Default High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)

This should be on the "general dieting" board but I post here since I started Alli and you all are great and intelligent people.

That said, a friend of mine hired a personal trainer to come to her home for 12 one-hour sessions. This PT will do whatever her client needs, be it weight training advice, cardio, fitness goals, nutrition advice or cooking services. I told my friend she should tell the PT to clean the house and she go out with the kids for a pizza!

Anyway, the PT wants my friend to make changes to her diet. One of her very strong issues was that my friend consumed too much High Fructose Corn Syrup which she said ultimately leads to weight gain. I had never heard that HFCS caused weight gain. I've done a little research on the internet for this and from what I've read that seems to be true. Does anyone here know more about this?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 199/178/140

Height: 5'2

Oh yeah, I have heard the stuff is nasty along with being loaded with calories and fat. If you ever want to be surprised, start looking at the ingredients in your food and see how frequently high fructose corn syrup is in them.

http://www.noweightgaincookbooks.com...than_sugar.htm
Old 06-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #114  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Still out here. Sticking to the plan with my cardio and weights AND the alli eating plan. So far I have been peeing plenty, no TE's, and sorta constipated, no fatigue.

For dinner I had a huge salad and 1000 Island dressing but FORGOT my alli [I'm at work]. There's some 20gm of fat in that dressing! Wondering if I should take it when I get home??? That's 6 hours from dinner so I don't think I'll bother...

debalina--our meetings have breakfast food too--and I'm always sorry if I dive in. Try that Slimfast shake or a slice of hi-fiber toast with peanut butter and an apple before you get there.

And--I don't give a rat's rump what other people think. If this helps me get to my goal, I'm IN!

cuppa
Old 06-27-2007, 11:26 PM   #115  
kristie

S/C/G: 255/240/180

Height: 5'6''

Hi, bought my starter pack and am starting the low fat diet now. I will start the pills on Saturday just in case I have TE.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:45 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 220/192/140

I have a quick question. I am currently doing Weight Watchers Flex. Is this a good plan to do while using Alli? I want to try the pills, but want to be sure first. Also, are there jittery side effects involved with them?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:17 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 194/190/145

Height: 5'3

Hi Champagn... I am doing ww flex points and it is a really good plan to pair up with the alli. It doesn't give you any side effects other than the afore mentioned treatment effects if you excede your allowed fat grams.

Good Luck!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 220/192/140

Smile

Thank you so much for your reply. I plan on starting them this weekend and I am very excited! I will let you all know how it goes : )
Old 06-28-2007, 06:47 AM   #119  

Today is the end of my first week on alli. I have lost just under 6 lbs! I am so excited because it has been nearly effortless. This week was an extra challenge for me because I've had to eat a catered lunch every day with very few (to no) options. I only have 2 more days of that so it will only get easier then!!

What I have loved is the freedom I have felt while on this. I haven't been counting points (although WW would definitely pair nicely with alli) and I haven't been consumed with thoughts of sugar. In the past (and I may have already posted this) I have had so much trouble staying on weight watcher's becuase of my 'addiction' to sugar. I used way to many of my daily points towards sugar and my weekly points getting me out of trouble because of my sugar consumption. That has not been an issue at all.

I have not felt deprived in any way this past week. If there was an event (like my nieces birthday party) where I knew that I would get in trouble or just plain chose to endulge (not overindulge!) then I just didn't take the pill. As long as it doesn't begin to happen more and more frequently, it should be okay. Fortunately I wasn't in a situation where I needed to eat out a lot this week. I've made a conscious effort to make sure that I didn't eat out until I get a good grip on what I can and can't eat. I've spent so many years learning the points of everything that I have no idea about fat grams alone!

I also want to emphasize that I (and most if not all of us on alli) do not expect this pill to do lose the weight for us. But...it sure does make it easier to consider my choices more carefully in order to make better decisions.

Congratulations to all who have done so well this past week!! It's going to take some time, but I know that we call ALL reach our goals. Thanks to alli, this is the first time that I've really felt that way in a very long time.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:06 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Thurdays my 4 day on Alli. I stepped on the scale and I'm back to my ticker weight!!! (4 lbs loss) I'm very happy! This tool has kept me honest! No just a tiny bite of this or that.
Closed Thread