Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #196  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone! Had a good weekend. Not much "going overboard" with the excessive fat grams. I did have a few bites of cheesecake, but I limited my intake and didn't seem to have any negative TEs. I can't wait till my weigh in day!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 225-(32 bmi)/196/174-(24bmi)

Height: 5'10"

Default Back from vacation

I started Alli almost two weeks ago. The first week I lost 5 pounds with no TE or headache!!! I went on a short vacation to Reno for a wedding and forgot my pills. So I didn't take any for the last five days. When I got home I had not gained or lost any weight (unusual for me on vacation-I usually gain). I didn't go overboard in Reno, but I didn't exercise either unless you count gambling as an exercise. Anyway, I am back to clean eating and Alli and am excited about the process.

To debalina: My son and I were sitting in the living room one evening when I was a little gaseous. He looked at me and said that was the worst fart he had ever smelled. (I doubt it though since he and his friends are all teenagers) I was about to blame it on the dog, but just couldn't. I just laughed. So to answer your question about smell, I guess I would have to say yes.

It was nice to read all of the supportive comments.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 220/192/140

I started Alli yesterday. I am so hoping this help : )
Old 07-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #199  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default Smell

Ditto on the smell question. I'm surprised my DH didn't mention it last night night.

DNR
Old 07-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #200  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

Well, I lost 1 lb. I am still a bit discouraged, but I'm hanging in there. Hopefully my body is finally kicking into gear.

We're going on a family camping trip on Wed for five days. At first I was going to take a break from the Alli while on the trip. I have decided not to do that, especially if I'm finally getting adjusted to taking them. If I'm serious about this change, I've got to apply it in all of my activities.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #201  
Debbie

S/C/G: 230...............175

Height: 5' 6"

Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbeau View Post
Good morning!

Well, I lost 1 lb. I am still a bit discouraged, but I'm hanging in there. Hopefully my body is finally kicking into gear.

We're going on a family camping trip on Wed for five days. At first I was going to take a break from the Alli while on the trip. I have decided not to do that, especially if I'm finally getting adjusted to taking them. If I'm serious about this change, I've got to apply it in all of my activities.

Everyone have a great day!
Paula - what foods do you eat on a daily basis? I eat whatever I want that's low in fat and never deprived and I lost 3 lbs in a week. I know I've lost inches too. I have a hard time eating enough calories and on the days I do, I notice a difference the next day. It's like I can actually feel the weight loss. If I remember correctly, didn't you say you're drinking SF shakes? While they're good and all, I still think you need substance. Even SF's site tells you to eat 6 small meals throughout the day. They have a nice menu plan too if you haven't checked them out.

My breakfast is a yogurt smoothie - 0 grams of fat and a granola bar dipped in chocolate - 7 grams and a flavored sugar free water. I had another granola bar for a mid morning snack and for lunch I had a lean pocket and now I'm eating some rice pudding. This afternoon I'll have some yogurt and for dinner I'll have some ground turkey and a veggie and then top it off with sliced peaches and whipped cream. I certainly don't feel deprived. My exercise tonight will be scraping the wall paper from the walls.

Don't give up, you'll start losing faster than you know it!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #202  
Time2fly

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'5"

I lost 10 pounds, but it was my first week of doing ANYTHING, so you know what that means: water weight. I know not to expect so much this week, but I'd love to hit that first target (238). I'm still doing well and enjoying the new meals I am preparing from the alli site. Last night, my daughter and I made honey mustard chicken on the grill, corn on the cob, and had strawberry/blueberry shortcake with angelfood cake and ff Coolwhip. What's not to love about that?? I am starting to like to cook (miracles do happen!). It's exciting to try something new--gives you something to look forward to, which helps when you are hungry and trying hard to make it home without stopping at McDonald's.
Good luck everyone!

Julie
Old 07-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 225-(32 bmi)/196/174-(24bmi)

Height: 5'10"

Paula, how are your clothes fitting (the same, tighter or looser)? I have learned by pure accident that when I eat more protein I lose faster. I eat a lot of hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs (whites only) and skinless boneless chicken breasts. For me pure sources of protein seem to really help my weight loss. Hang in there!
Old 07-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #204  

Hello all, I hope everyone is enjoying their successess. Tomorrow will be one week on Alli, and the last weight in I'd lost 4lbs. So I'm happy about that, I believe I would have had a 2lb loss, but Alli helped with the other 2lbs.

One of the main reasons I like this diet pill is because it promotes diet, exercise and just doing it the right way. In this it makes me feel like I"m doing it myself, not something else doing the work for me. It will make me in the long run feel like I've accomplished it on my own.

No matter how long this road is for me and others, I hope that we never forget that we did this on our own, not just with the "pill", because the pill won't do a thing if you are not dieting. Someone told me the other day that its an "accelerate" (Sp?) Meaning it helps you speed up maybe what you've already lost, give you 2 extra lbs to your 3 lbs. Something similar to that. I said I wasn't sure people would like you calling it that, but thats what others may see.

Anyway, good luck to all, and I hope we all keep achieving this success however long it takes.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:53 PM   #205  
Purple (no lites)

Julie – WTG, 10 lbs!!

Shandee – 4 lbs is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbeau View Post
Tue
B – Slimfast Optima shake
S – small banana
L – Hamburger patty (extra-lean); ½ cucumber; Luna Nutrition Bar; 6oz light yogurt
S – 15 seedless white grapes
D – 2 eggs; 1 sausage link; 2 toast w/light marg.
S – 2 cups watermelon

Wed
S – Luna Nutrition Bar
L – 2 cups lettuce w/FF dressing; ½ cucumber; 15 seedless white grapes; 6oz light yogurt
S – 6 baby carrots
D – 2 soft tacos (made with extra-lean meat & used FF tortillas); ½ cup Mexican rice; 1 cup mandarin orange slices

Thu
S – ½ cup unsweetened applesauce; 3 pieces Melba toast
L – 2 cups lettuce w/FF dressing; Lean Pocket; 2 Laughing Cow light swiss wedges; Luna Nutrition Bar
S – 1 cup mandarin orange slices
D – Baked boneless skinless chicken breast; 1.5 cups steamed green beans; 6oz light yogurt
Debbie – This is the food diary I posted last week. I do think I have not been eating enough. This weekend I tried to add a little more food, while staying within my fat allowances. It is just weird because I’m not a big eater and it’s hard to eat more. As for the SF drinks, I had been using them just in the mornings, mostly because I’m always running late. In the last few days I have only been drinking the SF every other day.

SASCS – Haven’t really noticed a difference in the clothes yet. I will try to pay more attention to my protein sources.

Thanks for all your help!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #206  
Happy New Rears!

pjbeau, glad to hear that your body is starting to cooperate. Will you be getting lots of exercise when you camp? if so that will be good for you.

Hopefully me Alli will arrive tomorrow (remember, it was help up in Customs?) I am really anxious to start.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 200/188/150

Paula - I love your posts, can relate to how you feel about 'this time.' I've been taking alli for one week, lost 2 pounds. I'd been dieting for several weeks before that (have lost 15 total), so didn't expect the BIG loss you see from people their first week. I feel pretty good - no TE's, no problems. I think the biggest AHA or me has been that the trick is eating ENOUGH fat without going OVER. Because alli is only effective if you eat some fat/calories for it to do it's magic on. If you eat too low fat, it doesn't have any thing to work with. Good luck, and hang in there. This IS your time.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #208  
Purple (no lites)

Thingirl - Yes, I plan on walking some of the trails. This is a large campground with paved roads, so I'm going to ride my bike a couple times a day too.

Santafe - Thanks for the nice words.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #209  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello! I've been thinking about giving Alli a try, but then talk myself out of it saying its too expensive and that I can eat low fat on my own but lets face it. If that were the case I wouldnt be almost 100lbs overweight. So I spent the morning reading through your posts and I have to say, your support of one another is amazing! I've decided I'm going to give Alli a try. I deserve it! I figure the cost of Alli is MUCH less than the cost of diabetes, heart disease or any other disease I am risking by being this weight.

I am going to do my couple of days of low fat eating and get started. Probably not the best time to start with the 4th upon us but like someone else here said is there ever a good time? I can still celebrate the 4th and not eat like a piggy.

My family is going camping this weekend its just going to take a little extra planning thats all. I can do it!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. And thank you all for such great insite. I think what stuck out to me the most is that, this isnt a magic pill, its a tool. If something can make me more mindful of what I put in my mouth than it really truly could save my life. Thats worth all the money in the world isnt it?
Old 07-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #210  
Purple (no lites)

Melissa -
My family is going camping this weekend too. Like you said, just a little planning and we can stay on track. I have already prepared and frozen my extra-lean burgers, and I plan of having a ton of fruit a raw veggies available for my munchies. Oh, and drink lots of water.

Good luck!
Closed Thread