Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 08:34 AM   #121  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Well day 4 of Alli and the second week of my "new lifestyle" This is weigh in day for me and I have lost 6 pounds!!!!
I thought last weeks 4 pounds was good, but this makes me think the Alli is working. Like I said before, it keeps me honest!

I'm sure the weight loss will slow down (it always does). But for now I am excited!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #122  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Yeah for everybody!

I'm still not losing, but I'm not giving up. I really think I may not be eating enough, so my body won't let go of anything. I managed to eat 1500 calories yesterday, but felt like I cheated or something.

Have a great day!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 198/198/140

Height: 5'7

I started Monday. My boyfriend is doing it with me, so that's great support. i haven't experienced any "treatment effects" yet, but I've been keepig it very low-fat. Breakfast for me was a vanilla slimfast, snack a bag of lowfat popcorn. I'll have another slimfast for lunch and I haven't figured out what my snack is yet. Dinner tonight is grilled chicken, french green beans (frozen, sodium in the canned is awful for me!) and another veggie (prob squash). I've lost 8lbs, but I know the majority of that is because of water weight (I retain water like crazy!!). I also work out 45 min. a day, mainly jogging on the treadmill. I'm glad I found this board, it's much more vivacious and "real" compared to the alli one. Thanks guys!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:59 PM   #124  

I really like this forum. Everyone seems so lovely. So Day 2 of Alli. Going well. No Treatment Effects except feeling the need to go more, but I had ALOT of fibre yesterday! lol

It is keeping me honest. I am excited again. I gained a pound this morning, but my trainer thought it was probably the fibre. I went over my 1800 calories a bit but was way under on fat grams. Is that bad? I am very nervous of meats, like beef, chicken. They all have so much fat. Maybe I shouldn't even have that, Im scared to have anything that has high fat.

All in all I like it. It is stopping me from going next door for a chocolate bar!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #125  

My husband and I have been taking Alli since Monday. He was the one who wanted to try the Alli and we're sharing the starter pack. We have both taken Xenical and it worked for us. We haven't weighed, but I know we've lost weight because I've been cooking lowfat meals. We don't want any side effects. Been there, done that, not pleasant. My youngest niece called me Tuesday and asked me if I had heard of Alli. She wanted my advice about whether or not to buy it. She said her husband really wanted to try it. I told her to go for it, but watch out for high fat meals. She called me about an hour ago (to wish me Happy Anniversary - 21 years!) and said she had just bought her Alli at Sam's. That's were I got mine, but I had to drive 85 miles to get it.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #126  

S/C/G: tight 26/26/14

I finished my first week and I'm down 3lbs! Not much in the grand scheme of things, but considering I didn't exercise at all, I"m thrilled. All I did do was moniter every bit of food that came near my mouth for fat content. No TEs either. I was worried a couple of times, but the worst I got was gas - which I tend to get anyway, so I don't consider it a TE.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #127  

S/C/G: tight 26/26/14

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbeau View Post

I was wondering if anyone else has told someone they are taking Alli? I have only told my DH. There has been so much negative press, I don't need the stress of thinking people are judging me. That's why I'm so glad I can come here and share info and stories.

We all understand this is a tool and not a miracle drug. It certainly makes me stop and think before I eat something.
I told EVERYONE. I'm not the best secret keeper in the world. When friend invited me for ice cream I said "no thanks, I'm taking alli and I don't want to embarrass myself in public." When lady trashed it at the store I said "Works for me since I didn't come with will power pre-installed."

if they had a t-shirt I would wear it.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #128  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Default Day 4

Well today, Thursday, is day 4 for me. I am doing pretty good. I know I can easily manage my daytime fat intake. My breakfast is usually around 5 grams, then lunch is around 8 grams, 2 snacks at 1-2 grams each. But man it is harder for me at dinner time. I am working on it, I am really trying to stay between 10-20 grams. I am down 2lbs for this week so far so that is good. I also have been drinking 70+ ounces of water per day.
I know that for me personally I think that this pill has helped remind me more than anything else that I need to pay attention to what I am eating! I mean I know it is helping in the way it is supposed to work, but it is helping me remember to choose foods that are low in fat/calories also. So, for me, it is both the medicine doing its job and remembering to make better choices.

I posted back in my introduction that sadly I am back here, but it is good and bad. I personally get to goal and think "finally, I can eat what I want to again since I am at goal weight". But then the weight starts to sneak on. I need to make a mental commitment that 90% of the time I eat extremely sensibly and then allow the 10% to have special foods. If I can keep that in the front of my mind rather than pushing it to the back (like I always do!) I will be super.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:48 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5' 5"

I'm really happy to hear about all of you who have lost weight during your first few days or week of Alli! Congratulations to everyone! I'm only on my second day, but I haven't had any TEs. I log everything into the Alli website (exercise and food), and that makes me more likely to stick to my plan. If I'm not accountable to anyone or anything (even if it is just a computer screen), then I'm less likely to stick to it. I've avoided the scale thus far so I can be surprised when I weigh in on the 4th. I desperately want to be under 230, so hopefully the accountability that comes with the pills will help me accomplish that.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #130  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

I got so frustrated with it I decided to test it. I was very bad and had a fatty meal while taking it... no treatment effects AT ALL. I think I'm just immune to it or something. Bleh.

I'm going to keep using it till I run out, I paid for them might as well. Maybe I'll get some results if I am patient.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #131  
Happy New Rears!

Hi prinny, how much fat was in your meal?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 194/190/145

Height: 5'3

LOL... Baloonlady... I am going to use that one next time!

PJbeau... it may just take a while for your body to kick in. I remember when I did sb with a friend, she lost 5 pounds the first week. I was faithful and lost nothing... the next week I lost 7 pounds. Sometimes it just takes a while.

So I got on the scale this morning... and my jaw dropped to the floor. In eleven days I have lost 8 pounds. I was so excited, I went running out of the bathroom and told dh and ds... anyone who listen got an earful!

Good Luck ladies! Keep your heads up, your loss will come soon!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:57 PM   #133  

Default Bummed

So I have a weight loss blog and some girl today commented this:

It blocks fat absorption, right? But only if you are eating fatty stuff? So if you are eating the diet they recommend, what does the Alli do and why do you need it? Is it just like “oh, I have to eat this way so that I don’t crap my pants?”

Seems like a big unhealthy marketing scam to me, and a way to either prevent yourself from eating bad foods, or to be able to “cheat” and still eat it without absorbing the calories.

So really it bummed me out, cause thats exactly why i like it, cause if I eat something, I will have a TE. She just made it sound so bad.

But whatever works right???
Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #134  
Time2fly

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'5"

Default It is SO nice to see this thread!!!!

Hi everyone,
I started alli Thursday the 21st. My first check in is Sunday, but I have been sneaking on to the scale and it looks pretty good so far! No te's or headaches, but I did start my period day 3 (many people have been starting day 3 or 4--there's a whole thread on the alli boards). I have felt really good and have suddenly developed stellar willpower. I even walked away from a chocolate cake with the other day without even sampling the frosting. I'd just taken my pill so I knew it would've gotten ugly.

The message boards on the alli site are just horrible--I wish there was some way to let eveyone know about the thread here. It is so frustrating and disheartening to post and have to wait for 2-3 days for any support or encouragement--esp. if you are having a crisis. It's enough to make a person WANT to binge.

It sounds like many of you are having good experiences so far. I really like the menus that they offer and have had fun planning things out and shopping. I've even started trying new recipes. It's like my whole lifestyle is changing for the better.

What eating plans are most of you following? Is anyone else using the alli menu plans?
Julie
I love the dancing carrot! Go baby go!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #135  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Umagurl- I tend to think of Alli as not only a way to keep us honest, but it sort of like training. Suddenly we are thinking twice about what we eat, looking at fat grams and such. I brought my Alli when it first came out (like the very first day @_@ ) but I didn't take it for a week and half. Why? because if all you have to do is eat low fat (under 15 grams per meal) then I was like... heck.. I can do that. So I did. I lost 3 pounds in 1 week without the alli.

But now I'm on Alli and I know that I will lose even more.
Don't let what someone said make you feel bad. If it works... then why not take it eh?

I haven't had any treatment effects so far (I'm on my third day) But I'm being very careful whis that I eat. Also, I don't take the pill unless what I'm eating has more than 5 grams of fat.
I'm thinking I should take it no matter how little fat is has.
Closed Thread