Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:00 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Hello everyone! I'm on day 5 of Alli and I feel great!! I'm eating well and scared to even dip my big toe in the over the fat gram pool! I'm loving this TOOL!!! I talked my DH's ear off today chatting how I think Alli will help me unlearn bad habits of mindless zombie snacking.

Paula - I'm thinking that it is possible that TOM is rearing it's evil joke on you. It does it to me all the time. Keep saying to yourself your eating right and give that scale the birdie! ( I mean tweety hehe )
Old 06-29-2007, 10:46 PM   #167  

I think that there are so many people hating on Alli because they aren't willing to make the changes. If they convince themselves that Alli doesn't do any good than they can convince themselves that they might as well not bother.

You all are inspiring me. I'm going to start my low fat on Saturday and taking Alli on Tuesday, since I'll be home T &W. Usually on any kind of counting diet I have skimped all day and then had a huge dinner, no more of that.

Keep to plan and stand your ground!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:31 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 194/190/145

Height: 5'3

Hey Paula... that is a real mystery. You are eating like a bird. (I wish I could eat like that!) I think someone may have touched on this, but maybe you are not eating enough. I know that when I follow WW sometimes if I don't use all of my points... I don't lose.

You are definately showing self control and good eating habits. Give it another couple of days and maybe you will see some movement.

Ethereal... when I read back my post I realized it came out totally wrong. I didn't mean to sound snippy. I hope that you didn't take it that way. I am actually being very honest and not flippant when I say that if you eat a low fat low cal menu you may not benefit from alli. While it does eliminate up to 100 cals a day, I think it is most effective because it "scares people skinny" (LOL...love that phrase!). So I really hope that you didn't take offense, because none was intended.

Well my TOM showed up today, so I don't expect to see anymore movement on the scale in the downward direction. I actually kind of messed up with snacking today, so I had a non existent "fat" meal for dinner out of fear I might spend the rest of movie night in the bathroom!

Good Luck ladies and have a great weekend!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:52 AM   #169  

Hmm... I just check my calendar and evidently I am just losing my mind. Tom is right on time. Wierd!

Beth~ I think you may be on to something. Some people just want an excuse NOT to be held accountable. I evidently don't mind crashing and burning... it would just be nice to finally find something that works once and for all.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:05 AM   #170  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkt117 View Post
Ethereal... when I read back my post I realized it came out totally wrong. I didn't mean to sound snippy. I hope that you didn't take it that way. I am actually being very honest and not flippant when I say that if you eat a low fat low cal menu you may not benefit from alli. While it does eliminate up to 100 cals a day, I think it is most effective because it "scares people skinny" (LOL...love that phrase!). So I really hope that you didn't take offense, because none was intended.
I don't think it came out wrong, you didn't sound at all snippy to me. You reminded me of the other benefit of alli ("upgraded" self-control) that I totally neglected in my post, and that seems to be what most people are counting on (rather than relying on alli's fat/calorie reduction).

Sweet of you to be sure, though - so many folks online couldn't care less about the people at the other end. I do appreciate it~

EDIT: And to clarify, I in no way eat an ultra-low-fat diet myself, so after consideration I have decided to give alli a try, as well, as a tool to reform my eating habits. Even with my current medium fat/carb diet, I have a hard time reaching 1500 calories per day, so my challenge with alli will be finding enough fresh produce and fat-free foods to scramble for 1500 - 1800 calories! I guess I'm going to have to rely on a lot more carbs, unless I want to stuff myself 'til I burst?

I'm only on day 4 of my new healthier lifestyle, so I'm hoping my body will have a bit of room to adjust to all this exercise and lower fat before my alli order arrives.

Last edited by Ethereal; 06-30-2007 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #171  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Default Exercise

I know what you mean about getting your butt in gear and using the exercise equiptment! I have a lovely Nordik Track that I haven't used in years except as hanging space for laundry that I need to iron. I need to 1-do all the ironing and 2-drag the machine to the middle of the room so I can use it!

Road trip to Austin yesterday so didn't take any Alli since Wednesday. I was really careful Wednesday and Thursday because I know that Friday would be a lost cause - and it was. I got the lowest fat thing on the menu (they actually listed calories & fat grams!) but the lowest thing was still 25 grams of fat. So today is back on the Alli, back on the food plan, and maybe I'll iron since it's supposed to be rainly all weekend.

So far no TEs but I'm like you on that point too - maybe I'll try to push the limit just to see what happens. May have to wait until August to do that tho, at least on purpose. I'm not on vacation until then and am too scared to risk it!

I really appreciate everyone on this board, it really has helped me so much heing able to talk to someone about this!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:00 AM   #172  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

OK, today is day 6 for me on Alli, and so far I have not had any real T.E's but I definately know it is doing its job. I am amazed that fat can actually pass through the body and come out the other end in tact, it is gross to think I have been ignoring all that fat in the past and just letting my body do as it will with it. I am so glad I am trying this. I was pretty skeptical at first like everyone, and it is really working! I can actually SEE what it is keeping my body from absorbing
Way to go everyone, keep it up!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:02 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 230/219/140

Default Good Morning

Day 5 for me and i am doing pretty good! 4 pounds down and will start working out today! hate to start to things on the same day! guess I am not good at multi-tasking! For anyone not losing right away don't lose hope! Keep going, try to reach the high end of your fat and caloric levels thats been hard for me! I have over 90Ibs to lose but I am making mini goals, started at 215 want to get 199 that is more attainable than 125, so take smaller goals and feel good about yourself! Ginny
Old 06-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I have a question.Are you guys following the diets on the website and doing the check in once a week,and filling out the nutrition logs there?Ok that was serveral questions lol.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #175  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I am only doing the "check in's" on the web site. I have a family so following anyones "meal plan" is virtually impossible for me.
Good Luck
Old 06-30-2007, 01:00 PM   #176  
Sheila

S/C/G: 198/198/153

Height: 5'9"

Hi FitbyForty - I hope to be fit by 60! This is my 5th day of alli and I will check in on their website on the 3rd. I figure they can access our data that we enter & use it to see the results from the general public. I don't know if that do it or not - but I would if I were a big company!

I am not doing any other logins on the site. I keep track of my calories & fat grams in my little book!

Paula - From experience I have found that eating too little calories & fat puts my body in shock! It closes down and burns other things besides fat because it thinks it might need that storage of fat in the future. (That's from a doctor not me!) I personally can't do "without" sampling all the wonderful foods! So I watch the portion size, amount of calories & fat now.
And it can be done. I also learn from skinny people - they eat everything but just a bite or two. I've just got to learn not to eat 15-20 bites!

My teens have also enjoyed my cooking the last week with making the plates look like restaurant food servings! I put the salads on individual plates & colorful entree foods on smaller plates. Hopefully they will learn that these are the correct portion sizes! Not what restaurants serve. But they eat all the time! And at 51 I can't do that anymore, obviously.

Sorry - I got carried away there. I just think that we can enjoy everything that is good for us in this world - and "our" control is a bit part of our weight loss. ~~sheila

P.S. - I am still very tempted to eat that big white cake with chocolate frosting out in my kitchen right now that I made for the hubby and kids. I caught myself licking the beaters when I was through beating before I started thinking "Oh no, I'm on alli! Stop it!" & I DID!
Old 06-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #177  
Sheila

S/C/G: 198/198/153

Height: 5'9"

Hi Again - I'm new to talking in these chat rooms or whatever you call this. What is a DB & DH? Thanks! And how do you all get those smiley faces & bars with your weight? ~~sheila
Old 06-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 192/174/165

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Smile I love Alli!

I lost some weight using LA Weight Loss, but I started to plateau. I started Alli 3 days ago and despite the headache for the first two days, I am down 2 pounds! So far, no side effects, but I have been really good. I even resisted ice cream the other night! I am hoping this will help me take off the last 10 or so pounds. Good luck to us all!!!!
Old 06-30-2007, 03:16 PM   #179  

Cygnss... from experience... don't eat the cake! That is the only TE I have had was after I had a small piece of cake. I had no idea that cake had so much fat in it! YIKES! It will be angel food cake from here on out for me!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #180  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

fitbyforty - I'm not doing the check ins, I really didn't find the Alli site all that user friendly and I'm keeping track of all the important stuff on my own spreadsheet. And in the back of my mind, I can't help but think that they are compiling all of the stuff entered to see how well the product works, how they should market it in the future, etc. It is a big drug company after all. I'm not into conspiricy theories, but I do believe that Big Brother is out there in many ways!

I'm doing Volumetrics and not the recipes on the Alli site. The diet seems to mesh really well with the pills because it's a low fat program. I have made a couple of the recipes out of the Volumetrics companion coon book. I also have a book by Cooks Illustrated that I really love. It's called The Best Lite Recipe and has tons of lower fat recipes. Not necessarily low cal or totally low fat, but lower fat. I made a chicken stir fry and it was to die for - plus the fat was low enough that I could have 2 services and it fit into both Volumetrics and the 15 fat grams per meal for Alli. I was in heaven. I'm doing the beef stir fry tonight and although it's not as low fat as the chicken, it's still low enough at 11 grams per serving to fit the Alli plan.

cygnss - I'm not sure what DB and DH mean either. To me it's dead beat and designated hitter! I think it's maybe dear husband and dear boyfriend? Or maybe dumb if you are mad at them.

As to getting the counter dealy, up at the top of the page is the quick links. In the drop down box is edit signature and signature weight tracker. You can check a box in the edit signature that will automatically put your weight tracker in your signature when you post. Took me a while to figure it out and I'm still not sure I'm doing it right because when Ienter a new weight, I seem to have to start all over again with setting up the tracker. I must be doing something wrong.
Closed Thread