Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2015, 05:05 PM   #16  
Senior Member
 
jennydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoFla
Posts: 1,366

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Default

Yeah, I am thinking that I will save them for after IP. I only bought a couple to try since I never really liked them in the past. I don't want to love them so much that I will want one every day
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:06 PM   #17  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15
Thread Starter
 
HereIStand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 797

Height: 5' 10"

Default

If you're looking for savory crunch, protein pretzels are another alternative. I like them better than Quest chips. They're not as salty as real pretzels, but the texture is very close to the real thing.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:06 PM   #18  
Senior Member
 
jennydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoFla
Posts: 1,366

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Default

Ro- have you ever tried mixing a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of PB to make cookies? I am going to try it tonight (since I am making my breakfast cookies to pack for work). I am hoping it tastes like a Reese's

Last edited by jennydoodle; 11-02-2015 at 05:06 PM.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:16 PM   #19  
Senior Member
 
Kalaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 113

S/C/G: 187/135/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
If you're looking for savory crunch, protein pretzels are another alternative. I like them better than Quest chips. They're not as salty as real pretzels, but the texture is very close to the real thing.
Hi HIS, pretzels sound good to me! Are the ones that you like by Weight Loss Systems? I'd like to try them on my next Nashua order.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ows-1-bag.html

Thanks!
Kalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #20  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 783

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Ro- have you ever tried mixing a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of PB to make cookies? I am going to try it tonight (since I am making my breakfast cookies to pack for work). I am hoping it tastes like a Reese's
I have. They are good but unfortunately, the flavor is not as strong for me as I would have liked. A Reese's type flavor comes out having it more as a shake than as a cookie I have found. I haven't tried Amanda's idea of using PB2 to add more peanut butter flavor though as I try not to waver too far from protocol. I will definitely do that in P3 and beyond though.

Last edited by Ro22; 11-02-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:02 PM   #21  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15
Thread Starter
 
HereIStand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 797

Height: 5' 10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalaya View Post
Hi HIS, pretzels sound good to me! Are the ones that you like by Weight Loss Systems? I'd like to try them on my next Nashua order.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ows-1-bag.html

Thanks!
Yep, those are the ones! I also got some from Diet Direct and they were just like the WLS pretzels.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #22  
oneuh2
 
oneuh2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wash DC metro area
Posts: 1,597

S/C/G: reboot 1/5/2017 232./204/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Ok - today I mixed one scoop of Quest PB powder with one scoop of Proti Diet Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal, the one tsp of baking soda, 3 oz water.... And made 12 cookies...
Here is the cookie sheet before baking.... I will show the finished cookies in another post - I can only seem to upload one photo in this post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (27.3 KB, 62 views)
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #23  
oneuh2
 
oneuh2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wash DC metro area
Posts: 1,597

S/C/G: reboot 1/5/2017 232./204/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Here are the baked cookies.... I think they taste great! Nutrient content for 6 cookies is:
Calories 85
Carbs 3 g
Fiber 0.8 g
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 16.5 g
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (27.2 KB, 70 views)
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #24  
Senior Member
 
jennydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoFla
Posts: 1,366

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
I have. They are good but unfortunately, the flavor is not as strong for me as I would have liked. A Reese's type flavor comes out having it more as a shake than as a cookie I have found. I haven't tried Amanda's idea of using PB2 to add more peanut butter flavor though as I try not to waver too far from protocol. I will definitely do that in P3 and beyond though.
I agree. They were decent, but not what I was really hoping for. I also thought about adding some PB2 to the mix, but like you, I am trying to stay as strict as possible. I want to do this reboot as quickly as I can. But you are right, P3 and maintenance, I will FOR SURE try it with PB2.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:41 AM   #25  
Senior Member
 
jennydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoFla
Posts: 1,366

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Default

OH, you know what would be good in P3 and beyond... instead of adding PB2 to the mix, spreading it on top!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:02 AM   #26  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 783

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
OH, you know what would be good in P3 and beyond... instead of adding PB2 to the mix, spreading it on top!
I was just getting ready to say that in response to your first post!

But, here is an idea that you can do now. In fact, I am going to do this today.
Remember I told you how great the peanut butter pudding was and I think it was HereIStand said it was more like a frosting and that it would be better as a spread. Well, here is a thought for P1...
The reason I liked it so much is it was the most intense peanut butter flavor I have had while being P1 compliant. The peanut butter flavor is intense and doesn't get washed out via baking or with more water as a shake.
So, how about taking the peanut butter and making it as a pudding and making chocolate cookies and then after baking the cookies, put the peanut butter pudding in the middle of the cookie like a Reese's or spread it on top? You would have to make 2 cookies with the 1 scoop to equal 1 packet such that you would have 1 cookie from 1/2 scoop and 1 spread from 1/2 scoop to equal 1 packet.
I think you could add a little less water to get it a little drier like the middle of a Reese's. I am going to play around with this.

Last edited by Ro22; 11-03-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:13 PM   #27  
Senior Member
 
mamacitaof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 348

Default

Question - I just have samples of the Quest powder. I believe there are two scoops (1 suggested serving) in each sample. Can you tell me how much is in each quest scoop? 1 TBS...2??
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #28  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15
Thread Starter
 
HereIStand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 797

Height: 5' 10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Question - I just have samples of the Quest powder. I believe there are two scoops (1 suggested serving) in each sample. Can you tell me how much is in each quest scoop? 1 TBS...2??
In the tubs, 1 scoop = 1 serving. I think your packet is one scoop, 1 serving. Mix with 8 oz water. Some people also like to add spinach and ice.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #29  
Senior Member
 
mamacitaof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 348

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
In the tubs, 1 scoop = 1 serving. I think your packet is one scoop, 1 serving. Mix with 8 oz water. Some people also like to add spinach and ice.
Thanks HIS! Someone had told me there was two scoops, so I've only been using 1/2 the sample. No wonder I was starving at 11am this morning. Not my norm...
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #30  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15
Thread Starter
 
HereIStand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 797

Height: 5' 10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Thanks HIS! Someone had told me there was two scoops, so I've only been using 1/2 the sample. No wonder I was starving at 11am this morning. Not my norm...
LOL, definitely use the whole sample. I found that adding the spinach made it even more filling. I can go about 3 hours before getting hungry.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.