Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by try again View Post
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about trying the IP diet. Is it standard 3-4 IP packets per day for everyone. I weigh about 245 and was wondering how many I need.

thanks
I have read and heard different things but I can tell you that my coach told me to use 4 packets at first. I actually weaned myself off before she suggested it (because I did not have the dramatic loses that others had at first) but man was I hungry at first so I think it helped me get started.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:39 PM   #302  

Thankyou for the reply Shasta!
Old 01-01-2015, 08:00 PM   #303  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by try again View Post
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about trying the IP diet. Is it standard 3-4 IP packets per day for everyone. I weigh about 245 and was wondering how many I need.

thanks
The extra 4th packet is an allowance to ease you into a reduced calorie and much lower carb diet than you have been used to. Designed to help with the feelings of weakness, lightheadedness and hunger while your body gets into ketosis.

If you can do without the 4th packet, it won't harm you. If you need it to feel sane, eat it, it also won't harm you. Be led by how YOU feel in your first week.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:06 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Height: 5'8"

How do I start the IP diet using Alternative products?

I just don't think I did it right the first time.

Would like to get with someone for Q&A.

Thanks

Last edited by bigjoe; 01-01-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #305  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
How do I start the IP diet using Alternative products?

I just don't think I did it right the first time.

Would like to get with someone for Q&A.

Thanks
Go to the daily chat thread and find the links to the Phase 1 protocol.
It spells out exactly what to do.
Then look at the beginning of this thread to determine how to choose and alternative product.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2015, 02:59 PM   #307  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

Here's a great alternative, non-restricted breakfast (6 grams net carbs):

Chocolate Pancake
Mix 1 packet of the Weight Loss Systems Double Chocolate Cake (I buy this from Nashua) with 2 oz. water and 2 egg whites. Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and pour into heated pan. Flip when top is no longer runny and bottom feels done. Cook until done. Eat plain or with WF pancake syrup. Yummy!
Old 01-03-2015, 07:17 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 212/195/160

I have been searching for similar products and have found the website netrition.com. The brand is Dixie USA. They have several soups and many other products. They also have two other products that I liked from IP. Convenient Nutrition Protein wheyfer bars (just like the choc wafer cookies) and Quest protein chips (just like the IP chips and have more flavors)
Old 01-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #309  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Question Quest Protein Powder question

I posted about this in the 2014 July Starters thread... but I think the gurus here in the alternatives thread might have more experience to share some info and ideas.

I got a great buy 3 get one free deal on Quest chips at GNC yesterday -- and I also looked at the Quest protein powders while there. I am not exactly sure how I would be able to use the protein powder other than making the shakes or drinks that seems to be the primary purpose.

Could I use one of those varieties to make muffins? Their recipe book includes several drinks and smoothies (often not P1 compliant) but it has a muffin recipe that calls for mostly the same approach as the IP packet muffins, but for one serving it wants not only a scoop of the Quest protein but also a tablespoon of coconut flour.... this is definitely not on program for P1..... I wonder what the result would be like without the flour?

Or, what if I were to add a serving of Proti Diet Maple Oatmeal to a scoop of Quest protein powder (result would be two protein servings of course), and then add the usual egg whites, baking powder, vanilla, and desired seasonings (eg cinnamon)....?

Can any of you IP recipe gurus extraordinaire help me with this question?

Last edited by oneuh2; 01-04-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #310  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I posted about this in the 2014 July Starters thread... but I think the gurus here in the alternatives thread might have more experience to share some info and ideas.

I got a great buy 3 get one free deal on Quest chips at GNC yesterday -- and I also looked at the Quest protein powders while there. I am not exactly sure how I would be able to use the protein powder other than making the shakes or drinks that seems to be the primary purpose.

Could I use one of those varieties to make muffins? Their recipe book includes several drinks and smoothies (often not P1 compliant) but it has a muffin recipe that calls for mostly the same approach as the IP packet muffins, but for one serving it wants not only a scoop of the Quest protein but also a tablespoon of coconut flour.... this is definitely not on program for P1..... I wonder what the result would be like without the flour?

Or, what if I were to add a serving of Proti Diet Maple Oatmeal to a scoop of Quest protein powder (result would be two protein servings of course), and then add the usual egg whites, baking powder, vanilla, and desired seasonings (eg cinnamon)....?

Can any of you IP recipe gurus extraordinaire help me with this question?
GNC has been running that special for a while now. It was just Quest bars but then when they stocked the chips, they included those.

I'm making muffins/pancakes/cookies with the Quest powder the same way I make them with IP packets. My recipe is in the recipe thread. I've also used oatmeal (prior to restricting soy) to make them. I currently have a peanut butter cookie addiction, using the peanut butter whey powder.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:19 PM   #311  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD5977 View Post
I have been searching for similar products and have found the website netrition.com. The brand is Dixie USA. They have several soups and many other products. They also have two other products that I liked from IP. Convenient Nutrition Protein wheyfer bars (just like the choc wafer cookies) and Quest protein chips (just like the IP chips and have more flavors)
I use netrition to get WF condiments and both Quest and Syntrax Nectar. they have flat rate shipping so it works out well.

Quest chips aren't the same as an IP chip (or alts found at Nashua Nutrition). I consider them an acquired taste.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #312  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
GNC has been running that special for a while now. It was just Quest bars but then when they stocked the chips, they included those.

I'm making muffins/pancakes/cookies with the Quest powder the same way I make them with IP packets. My recipe is in the recipe thread. I've also used oatmeal (prior to restricting soy) to make them. I currently have a peanut butter cookie addiction, using the peanut butter whey powder.
Thanks Lisa! I need to revisit the recipes to pick up your latest selections! Thanks for sharing them!
Old 01-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #313  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share that the MusclePharm Coco Protein (Gluten & Lactose free however it contains milk and soy) might be an alternative you are interested in. The drink is coconut water and protein based. I think it has kind of a malty taste. Anyway, if you are interested, the nutrition info from the back of the bottle is below. I found these one time at Costco and gave them a whirl. They are a bit more expensive than some of the other shakes, but they are a nice alternative to having the PremierProtein shakes all the time (I really don't like the EAS shakes--the artificial sweetener in those is not to my liking).

Cal-120
Fat-1g
Cholesterol-5mg
Sodium-75mg
Total Carb-6g (Sugars 5g/Fiber 1g)
Protein-20g

It appears to be sweetened with Stevia.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #314  

Default supplements?

Does anyone know of any unofficial alternative-brand supplements for the Natura Anti-Oxy Natura Enzymes and where to buy them?
Old 01-06-2015, 02:14 PM   #315  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideal_hack View Post
Does anyone know of any unofficial alternative-brand supplements for the Natura Anti-Oxy Natura Enzymes and where to buy them?
I just buy digestive enzymes from Vitacost. Their "house" brand.
Closed Thread