Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #166  

Default question about what else I can eat

hi everyone
Im just starting the IP diet and have only a few problems. I should first mention that I am not using the IP coach so far as my sister did it without a coach and did really well. So my question is this; on any diet you are told to eat every 3 hours. I notice on the IP sheets it has breakfast, lunch, dinner and then a snack. So what about in between if you are hungry? Can you eat vegetables? A protein bar? I know you are supposed to be cutting calories so I'm not sure what I can eat. any help or suggestions would be great!!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:56 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmano View Post
Three weeks in and down 15 #. What I am struggling most with is my diabetes. Low carbs really keep my sugar readings low and I feel like there has to be something reasonably IP compliant to help cover the lows. Any suggestions for what works ?
Are you on the alternative plan for diabetics (not alternative products, but an actual IP plan for diabetics so they can have a few more carbs)?- you should also be checking often with your doctor as diabetes meds may need to be changed up more often on this diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hails1 View Post
hi everyone
Im just starting the IP diet and have only a few problems. I should first mention that I am not using the IP coach so far as my sister did it without a coach and did really well. So my question is this; on any diet you are told to eat every 3 hours. I notice on the IP sheets it has breakfast, lunch, dinner and then a snack. So what about in between if you are hungry? Can you eat vegetables? A protein bar? I know you are supposed to be cutting calories so I'm not sure what I can eat. any help or suggestions would be great!!
Check the protocol sheets for P1 on the first post of each day's Daily Chat and you will see the list of unlimited raw veggies you can use in between.

Liana
Old 10-22-2014, 09:17 PM   #168  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hails1 View Post
hi everyone
Welcome!

I will start by saying that the whole "eating every 3 hours" thing is NOT a hard and fast dieting rule. it may work for some, but it's not gospel truth. If anything, just worry about spacing out your meals/snack as evenly as you can so that you don't go TOO long during the day without food. it's not going to speed up or slow down your losses, but it COULD prevent you from being so hungry that you binge or cheat.

The way IP is designed you are NOT counting calories. If you follow the protocol (3 packets, 4 cups of Selected veggies, vitamin supplements and water) you will get the correct number of calories for the way the program is set up. You will VERY likely experience some hunger in the first week of the program (as your body is settling into ketosis, the process by which your fat stores are burned while on phase 1). When that happens, you should:
1. drink water. Very often hunger is actually thirst in disguise, and you will learn what is REAL hunger and what is thirst, boredom, stress, or a hundred other things that make us eat when we don't really need to. Drink a BIG glass of water and wait 20 minutes. If you're still hungry, then it's probably real hunger.
2. Make good use of the Unlimited Raw veggies list on your phase 1 sheet. They are available to you for a reason! When water wouldn't fix my hungries, I would make a big lettuce salad, or slice up a cucumber, or grab a handful of raw sliced mushrooms.
3. Come here for support! That's what we're here for - to help you stay on track and stay motivated to reach your goals
Old 10-23-2014, 02:39 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 274/274/150

Height: 5'8"

Thank you...I will check that out I am still learning and appreciate all of the support
Old 10-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Are you on the alternative plan for diabetics (not alternative products, but an actual IP plan for diabetics so they can have a few more carbs)?- you should also be checking often with your doctor as diabetes meds may need to be changed up more often on this diet.

Check the protocol sheets for P1 on the first post of each day's Daily Chat and you will see the list of unlimited raw veggies you can use in between.

Liana

Thanks, yes I am on the alternative plan for diabetics. I guess I just have to work more with the meds........always happy to reduce those.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:34 PM   #171  
Reboot 9/2014

So excited! I finally got around to ordering Quest bars directly from their website. I was VERY Happy to see that I could pick out the individual bars I like, and if I had 12 in my cart I got the discounted price for a full box! Plus the code ONAQUEST still works for free standard shipping. $25 for 12 Quest bars is awesome!
Old 10-25-2014, 07:47 AM   #172  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
So excited! I finally got around to ordering Quest bars directly from their website. I was VERY Happy to see that I could pick out the individual bars I like, and if I had 12 in my cart I got the discounted price for a full box! Plus the code ONAQUEST still works for free standard shipping. $25 for 12 Quest bars is awesome!

Ooooh thx! Need to order more this weekend!!
Old 11-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #173  
Reboot 9/2014

How did this end up on P3??

So I have been having the HARDEST time finding the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE RTD vanilla shakes in my area - I like to use them as coffee creamer! Walmart was out, the drugstores were out...plenty of chocolate, no vanilla.

So I went on Amazon just to see what I could find, and not only did they have a case of 24 for just under 30 bucks (free shipping if you have Amazon Prime) BUT there was a 30% off coupon at checkout too! Amazon added it, I just had to accept it. So I got a 24-pack of the vanilla shakes for $20!!
Old 11-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:

So I have been having the HARDEST time finding the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE RTD vanilla shakes in my area - I like to use them as coffee creamer! Walmart was out, the drugstores were out...plenty of chocolate, no vanilla.

So I went on Amazon just to see what I could find, and not only did they have a case of 24 for just under 30 bucks (free shipping if you have Amazon Prime) BUT there was a 30% off coupon at checkout too! Amazon added it, I just had to accept it. So I got a 24-pack of the vanilla shakes for $20!!
Our Walmart and Target are usually out of vanilla too, it must be the more popular flavor. Fortunately I live by Walmart and work next to Target so I check often! When in a pinch I use the chocolate in my coffee, it's not bad! I also enjoy a splash of vanilla in my tea, chocolate doesn't work for me in tea!
Old 11-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

I will post here as I have not been able to get a response on other threads. Can anyone help me with choosing alternative supplements? What have you tried that aligns with the IP vitamins, etc... I need some but don't want to pay the high price of IP supplements.

Thank you in advance.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #176  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:

Oh snap. I have Amazon Prime and should check this out. I really like my IP vanilla shakes more than the EAS ones but cost usually wins out with me.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Scorbett- do you have a link for the EAS- the 24 packs are showing up for $50+
Old 11-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster2014 View Post
I will post here as I have not been able to get a response on other threads. Can anyone help me with choosing alternative supplements? What have you tried that aligns with the IP vitamins, etc... I need some but don't want to pay the high price of IP supplements.
Honestly IP supplements have no magic
I just use a Centrum multi & then I look at the ingredients/dosages of the other supplements and buy something similar.

I get mine from Vitacost.com
Old 11-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Honestly IP supplements have no magic
I just use a Centrum multi & then I look at the ingredients/dosages of the other supplements and buy something similar.

I get mine from Vitacost.com

THANK YOU!!!
Old 11-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #180  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Scorbett- do you have a link for the EAS- the 24 packs are showing up for $50+
This was just one I found, I looked up "EAS Carb Control" in the Amazon search bar

http://www.amazon.com/EAS-AdvantEDGE...s+carb+control
Closed Thread