Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #241  
Princess Melanie

S/C/G: Start 5/24/2012 198/146/140

Height: 5'5"

I started using ideal weight away products at the begining of Nov. I didn't want to mention them until I was sure the transition was a good one from IP, I have lost 10lbs in the month since switching and the are cheaper then IP. and some products are made by IP and they have great deals, the site lists if the products are resticted to phase 1 or only 2 per week and they do have their own protocol but I have just replaced their food and continued the IP protocol. I hope its allowed to share the site, if not, sorry, www.youcandietforless.com You can call them directly with questions which I love. Feel free to put Melanie H in the comments on your first order so they know I gave you the info and you will get some free bars to try with your first order. They have a facebook page too. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by princessM928; 12-04-2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: mis spell
Old 12-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #242  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessM928 View Post
I started using ideal weight away products at the begining of Nov. I didn't want to mention them until I was sure the transition was a good one from IP, I have lost 10lbs in the month since switching and the are cheaper then IP. and some products are made by IP and they have great deals, the site lists if the products are resticted to phase 1 or only 2 per week and they do have their own protocol but I have just replaced their food and continued the IP protocol. I hope its allowed to share the site, if not, sorry, www.youcandietforless.com You can call them directly with questions which I love. Feel free to put Melanie H in the comments on your first order so they know I gave you the info and you will get some free bars to try with your first order. They have a facebook page too. Have a great day everyone!
I popped on the website....just so you know, those products are exactly the same as the HealthSmart and Weight Loss System products that are sold by Nashua Nutrition - the manufacturer of these products does private labeling (they will print the boxes with your own brand name so that the product appears to be a private label) but it's the same stuff. Some of them (based on the identical pictures) appear to be Proti Diet products too. The prices seem to be about $2-$3 higher than Nashua's prices.

Last edited by scorbett1103; 12-04-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #243  
Princess Melanie

S/C/G: Start 5/24/2012 198/146/140

Height: 5'5"

Thank you scorbett1103, i believe you posted that site the other day with the DD10 code and i wrote it down to check it out and have not gotten around to it yet, thanks for saving me the leg work!!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #244  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessM928 View Post
Thank you scorbett1103, i believe you posted that site the other day with the DD10 code and i wrote it down to check it out and have not gotten around to it yet, thanks for saving me the leg work!!!!
No worries - it's www.nashuanutrition.com and they run specials pretty regularly, just sign up for email notifications I hate to see people getting raked over the coals!!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:23 AM   #245  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm looking to switch to alternatives, my two go to IP products are the RTD Cappuccino Drink and the Pottage Mix. Any suggestions for alternatives?

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2014, 10:26 AM   #246  

gnalosit
This is a big thread but it is worth taking time to read.
You'll find LOTS of info.
Nashua nutrition is a great online source.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Has anyone dealt with a coach who scolded them for using alternatives and told them they're strictly prohibited? I'm through week 3 on IP now and have just started to integrate some alternative products (quest bars I already had) and I'm treating them as a restricted. I'd like to keep costs down as much as I'm able, but my coach pretty much brushed that consideration aside and told me that he doesn't know what's in "those things" and so he can't coach me if I'm not 100% on his plan. After explaining that I've carefully compared the bars to an IP pack and used the guidelines I found here, and offering to bring in a bar for him to look at, he said it's just not the same and I can't have them. I don't want to go to alternatives entirely since I'm still relatively new to IP, but it's fairly clear that others have had success using a mix of IP and alternatives. I've tried looking for a different coach hoping to find someone I can work with more easily but of the two others nearby, one hasn't responded to multiple inquiries and the other recently moved. Any suggestions?
Old 12-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #248  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPetiteChoux View Post
Has anyone dealt with a coach who scolded them for using alternatives and told them they're strictly prohibited? I'm through week 3 on IP now and have just started to integrate some alternative products (quest bars I already had) and I'm treating them as a restricted. I'd like to keep costs down as much as I'm able, but my coach pretty much brushed that consideration aside and told me that he doesn't know what's in "those things" and so he can't coach me if I'm not 100% on his plan. After explaining that I've carefully compared the bars to an IP pack and used the guidelines I found here, and offering to bring in a bar for him to look at, he said it's just not the same and I can't have them. I don't want to go to alternatives entirely since I'm still relatively new to IP, but it's fairly clear that others have had success using a mix of IP and alternatives. I've tried looking for a different coach hoping to find someone I can work with more easily but of the two others nearby, one hasn't responded to multiple inquiries and the other recently moved. Any suggestions?
Here's the thing. IP coaches are just that - IDEAL PROTEIN coaches, not coaches for other products. They make their money because you buy IP products. I can't walk into Jenny Craig and use Weight Watchers brand meals, because that's not part of their business model. MOST coaches will not coach you unless you are using the IP product and nothing else - I'll say a SMALL part of that is because they are familiar with IP products and if you are using nothing but IP products it narrows what they need to know in order to help with any issues that may arise. But most of it is because if you are buying someone else's products, you are not supporting the clinic's business.

You do pay a premium for IP products, but the coaching is part of what you get in return. There have been a lucky few whose coaches were willing to allow alternative products, but that's not the norm - so you have reached a bit of a decision point. If you need the coaching and in-person accountability, then sticking with IP is the way to go. But if you can work the program using this forum and the tools we provide, then there's no reason not to dive full-on into alternatives I did 3 months on IP with a coach and then had to stop because of the cost, and did my remaining 4 months on Phase 1 on my own using alternatives. You know best what will help you be most successful

Last edited by scorbett1103; 12-08-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Thanks, scorbett. I think you're right. I'll have to weigh my options.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #250  

For all the Canadians if you live near the US border and cross to go shopping you can easily have the items shipped to a US mailing address like CBI and pay for the delivery $5.95 per item. The contents do not count towards duty as they are consumable.

Just a thought that may help someone.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #251  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I found the Kay's Naturals at Walgreens today for buy get one 1/2 off. Yes! I tried a bag and they were good. I hope they keep them in stock.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #252  

Default Similar Exerience

Quote:
I had a similar experience the day before Thanksgiving. I did not lose weight but did lose inches at my weekly weigh in. My coach went to look at my fitness pal diary (now noticing, I had been using some alternates from the beginning) that I do use other products. I got a lecture about using only ideal products. She went on to say that although it was great I lost 30 lbs but I had not lost the inches I should have and suggested this could be from using alternate products. I actually left the clinic questioning myself and feeling like I had not done so great. After a lot of self talk on the way to work I decided that I had done GREAT and although I like their products it is expensive and alternates do work. I did worry about being "kicked" out but what I did was ask if I could phase off and see how things go. For now I am doing a written log and still going in weekly.
This forum is awesome and very supportive. Good luck, there are great alternative suggestions from other members.

Last edited by alshims; 12-09-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Has anyone dealt with a coach who scolded them for using alternatives and told them they're strictly prohibited? ?
I have cut back on my IP purchases and supplemented with alternatives. I did not tell my coach. I'm not sure what she would say but I figured I'd rather not get into it. When I was still recording what I ate, I just said things like "bar" or "oatmeal".

My coach is great but I actually think I get a lot more from this site. I also like the taste of many of the alternatives and of course the price! There are a few IP products that I continue to buy and it's enough that my clinic hasn't figured it out.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #254  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivig View Post
For all the Canadians if you live near the US border and cross to go shopping you can easily have the items shipped to a US mailing address like CBI and pay for the delivery $5.95 per item. The contents do not count towards duty as they are consumable.

Just a thought that may help someone.
Have you done this before? I'm about an hour from the border and there's a place just across that will accept packages for $5. I'm tempted to put in a big Nashua order with free shipping and get it shipped there.

Just curious on how it works. I know lots of people head down and grocery shop, coming back the same day, so I guess it would be the same?

Jo
Old 12-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #255  

Hi Purple Monster,

You are correct. Bringing groceries is duty free. However, there are limits on certain goods i.e. dairy, meats etc..

I have my order sitting at CBI. I received free shipping from Nashau due to the amount I purchased and will pay $5.95 to retrieve the parcel from them. At the border will state that it is a consumable and there will be no duty.

I was to pick it up a few weekends ago and it was US Thanksgiving and I did not realize that they were closed for the entire weekend. (Went for the purpose of the Habs playing the Sabres. I always thought the US Thanksgiving was the 3rd Thursday in November. ) So am anxiously awaiting to pick up my parcel.
I did however read about a Canadian company who ships Proti Diet items and have purchased a few and find them delicious. If interested will send you the information.
Closed Thread