Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #256  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivig View Post
Hi Purple Monster,

You are correct. Bringing groceries is duty free. However, there are limits on certain goods i.e. dairy, meats etc..

I have my order sitting at CBI. I received free shipping from Nashau due to the amount I purchased and will pay $5.95 to retrieve the parcel from them. At the border will state that it is a consumable and there will be no duty.

I was to pick it up a few weekends ago and it was US Thanksgiving and I did not realize that they were closed for the entire weekend. (Went for the purpose of the Habs playing the Sabres. I always thought the US Thanksgiving was the 3rd Thursday in November. ) So am anxiously awaiting to pick up my parcel.
I did however read about a Canadian company who ships Proti Diet items and have purchased a few and find them delicious. If interested will send you the information.
Oh yes - it's the Proti Diet stuff I was looking at! Please send me the information and thank you

Jo
Old 12-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #257  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Best IP ALT Oatmeal??

I recently switched to alternatives. I really like the IP Apple Oatmeal, to me it has a real oatmeal texture. I purchased the Proti-diet Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal but I don't really like it as well. Has anyone tried the Proti-Thin or HealthSmart? Are they closer to the IP consistency?
Old 12-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #258  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

I use the plain oatmeal from HealthSmart. It's a little more "runny" than the IP versions, but you can use less water and make it a better consistency.

It does, however, make better oatmeal balls (mix with a packet of IP butterscotch, half a tsp baking powder, 1 egg white) that aren't quite so chalky in texture.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #259  

Purple Monster I have sent you the information via private message. Hope that it helps.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Thanks
Vivian
Old 12-14-2014, 09:25 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Does anyone use the GNC total lean shakes. Each shake has 170 calories, 25 grams of protien,6grams of fat,net carbs 3. They seem to qualify as an alternative but I have not seen anyone using them in this thread. I just started on the program using alternative products including the quest bars which I love. I really like the GNC shakes so hope they would work. Does anyone else use them?
Old 12-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best chicken soup alternative? I like to use the chicken soup to thicken my cauliflower mash and would rather find a cheaper option then the IP chicken soup.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:39 PM   #262  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo View Post
Does anyone use the GNC total lean shakes. Each shake has 170 calories, 25 grams of protien,6grams of fat,net carbs 3. They seem to qualify as an alternative but I have not seen anyone using them in this thread. I just started on the program using alternative products including the quest bars which I love. I really like the GNC shakes so hope they would work. Does anyone else use them?
I went on the GNC website, from what I can see those Total Lean shakes have 3g FIBER...but about 27-30 total carbs. Based on what I saw on the nutrition labels they would have to be considered restricted items - my personal preference wouldn't be to use a shake for a restricted item over a treat-type food...but that's up to you.

There is a link at the beginning of this thread with the nutrition guidelines for IP-comparable foods but here's the basic rundown:

80-120 calories (restricted items may be closer to 150-170 calories)
less than 30% total calories from fat
Unrestricted item: under 9g net carbs
Restricted item: 9-15g net carbs
Super restricted (only 1x per week: 15-17g net carbs
at least 12-15g protein
Old 12-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #263  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I went on the GNC website, from what I can see those Total Lean shakes have 3g FIBER...but about 27-30 total carbs. Based on what I saw on the nutrition labels they would have to be considered restricted items - my personal preference wouldn't be to use a shake for a restricted item over a treat-type food...but that's up to you.

There is a link at the beginning of this thread with the nutrition guidelines for IP-comparable foods but here's the basic rundown:

80-120 calories (restricted items may be closer to 150-170 calories)
less than 30% total calories from fat
Unrestricted item: under 9g net carbs
Restricted item: 9-15g net carbs
Super restricted (only 1x per week: 15-17g net carbs
at least 12-15g protein

Thanks for your response. I have the ready to serve ones and on the nutritional content it says 6grams of carbs and that they are suitable for low carb diets. I love them as they are 14 oz and taste quite good. I wonder if you are looking at the powder. I noticed the other day that the carbs were higher for the powder.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #264  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
These are relatively new to GNC, along with some of the chewy bars (which are very nice and come in just over the restricted line).

I often have the GNC amplified wheybolic extreme 60 shakes (1 scoop is 2 carbs, 20g protein) as a breakfast. The cookies and cream flavour goes perfectly in coffee in the morning, if you prefer to have one drink rather than two, but you have to stir stir stir to get it all mixed in. The chocolate flavour is great, the choc peanut butter even better (if you can get it, it seems in short supply) the vanilla is great but the strawberry is vile.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:48 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 155/155/115

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
I don't know, for me, the ketosis somehow makes me not crave things. I enjoy them when I am eating them, and I'm satisfied with one. Of course I'm just past my first week back on plan so as time goes on it may be more difficult.
I've also found that after the first few days, once the sugar was out of my system, the cravings stopped. I eat when I'm hungry and then I'm done
Old 12-15-2014, 09:04 AM   #266  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Thanks for your response. I have the ready to serve ones and on the nutritional content it says 6grams of carbs and that they are suitable for low carb diets. I love them as they are 14 oz and taste quite good. I wonder if you are looking at the powder. I noticed the other day that the carbs were higher for the powder.
Gotcha - the only thing that would still keep those from being unrestricted is the calorie count. Shakes generally clock in around 80-100 calories, so at 170 calories it really should be used as a restricted.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:13 PM   #267  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Gotcha - the only thing that would still keep those from being unrestricted is the calorie count. Shakes generally clock in around 80-100 calories, so at 170 calories it really should be used as a restricted.
Yes that would be right. I will watch that. Thankfully I have had good results from the diet but may have to change my shake.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #268  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
I received my order from The Protein Store today and was pleased with how much product they put in a snack bag.

I found pretzels, chips, cookies, and soup that's all IP compliant!!!
I usually just buy chips and pretzels for a crunchy snack, but saw the cookies and had to try them. I'll let you know how they are!
I was doing IP diet but it got too expensive and am looking for alternatives I was eating herb omelet soup and chips Can you help me find these alternative products.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #269  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmano View Post
New here and starting Phase I tomorrow with alternative products. Thanks to all posters for their ideas and suggestions. I'll be keeping in touch and posting my progress.
What are yopu using for alternative products I am new also and looking for these products Any help would be great
Old 12-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #270  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcical View Post
What are yopu using for alternative products I am new also and looking for these products Any help would be great
Hi there!

There is a LOT of excellent information in this thread - I know it's a lot to read, but the BEST way to find the info that you are looking for is to take the time to read through it. We have taken many, many months to compile the info contained here If once you've read through there are questions that were not answered, definitely post them!
Closed Thread