Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I have searched alot over the years for some of Nasha products in Canada...we are restricted a lot......your best bet buy more so i cuts down your shipping overall cost. Sometimes I just buy IP snacks, they let me with no questions. They are more expensive but almost the same with shipping.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Does anyone have any alternative ideas for the orange or chocolate wafers? My daughter got a hold of these and LOVES them. I don't mind giving her one every once in a while, but at $4.50 a piece I'd rather find a similar tasting but cheaper "treat" to give her for breakfast.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzubie View Post
Thanks so much! Unfortunately, the shipping is almost as expensive as the product. Do you happen to know if there is a company in Canada that carries them?

Thanks!
The low carb grocery is in Canada, if you order $100.00 or more they ship for free. They ship very fast I had my order in 3 days.

I didn't see the chips scorbett mentioned, but I did see pro energy on their site and they have a Krinkle dill pickle chip. I have not tried it, but I have heard that brand is close to IP.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:22 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by takers View Post
Does anyone have any alternative ideas for the orange or chocolate wafers? My daughter got a hold of these and LOVES them. I don't mind giving her one every once in a while, but at $4.50 a piece I'd rather find a similar tasting but cheaper "treat" to give her for breakfast.
Try Proti Thin Wafers. I've had the vanilla and chocolate and I could swear that these are actually the same product as the IP product.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 216/203/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMe View Post
The low carb grocery is in Canada, if you order $100.00 or more they ship for free. They ship very fast I had my order in 3 days.

I didn't see the chips scorbett mentioned, but I did see pro energy on their site and they have a Krinkle dill pickle chip. I have not tried it, but I have heard that brand is close to IP.
Thanks very much!
Old 11-19-2014, 10:38 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta10 View Post
Try Proti Thin Wafers. I've had the vanilla and chocolate and I could swear that these are actually the same product as the IP product.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 12-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Nashua just sent me a sample of the Peanuts Surprise Bar. OMG - it was so good. However, if I read the values right it is definitely a super restricted bar with 13 net carbs. Is that correct? I may not be able to buy any of these. Too much temptation.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:13 PM   #233  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvt View Post
Nashua just sent me a sample of the Peanuts Surprise Bar. OMG - it was so good. However, if I read the values right it is definitely a super restricted bar with 13 net carbs. Is that correct? I may not be able to buy any of these. Too much temptation.
Nope, just a regular restricted! Super restricteds tend to land around 15-17g net carbs. But good to recognize that they'd be a bad temptation for you - even if something is on-plan, it's off-plan if it will tempt you to overeat!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #234  

FYI GNC's cyber Monday special is 40% off for everyone. You get the same deal whether you're a gold card member or not...
3.99 Flat rate shipping so if you have a big order, it's REALLY worth it.
I got Quest Powder, Quest bars, Quest Chips
Old 12-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Has anyone tried the Quest powder? What did you think?
Old 12-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #236  

Okay, let's try this again

I was going to post and ask for people's favourites/recommendations from Nashua but I decided against ordering from them for now - the shipping costs to Canada are outrageous!

I do really miss the maple oatmeal though - hopefully they will have a really good deal on shipping soon.

I did manage to find some Simply chips at a local Bulk Barn so that's great - was going to order some online but this is much better. Just have to hit up Costco tomorrow for some more shakes and bars.

Jo
Old 12-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #237  

PurpleMomster:
Hi!

You might want to go look for a Canada thread. I think there was some talk about the best place to get alts in Canada on that thread.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Okay, let's try this again

I was going to post and ask for people's favourites/recommendations from Nashua but I decided against ordering from them for now - the shipping costs to Canada are outrageous!

I do really miss the maple oatmeal though - hopefully they will have a really good deal on shipping soon.

I did manage to find some Simply chips at a local Bulk Barn so that's great - was going to order some online but this is much better. Just have to hit up Costco tomorrow for some more shakes and bars.

Jo
Hi

I am in Winnipeg also, so I will share what I found.

Popeyes supplements carries the quest bars and some Walden Farms products. They are getting the Quest protein powder in the new year as well as the Quest chips.

Bulk Barn carries the simply chips and some Simply bars.

Superstore also carries some Simply bars.

Walmart carries the Pure Protein RTD shakes.

As for ordering online lowcarb grocery is in Canada and if you order $100.00 min shipping is free. They have many great products and they ship really fast.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMe View Post
Hi

I am in Winnipeg also, so I will share what I found.

Popeyes supplements carries the quest bars and some Walden Farms products. They are getting the Quest protein powder in the new year as well as the Quest chips.

Bulk Barn carries the simply chips and some Simply bars.

Superstore also carries some Simply bars.

Walmart carries the Pure Protein RTD shakes.

As for ordering online lowcarb grocery is in Canada and if you order $100.00 min shipping is free. They have many great products and they ship really fast.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
Thanks for this! I'm glad to see more items available in the 'Peg since I was last on the program

I didn't really like the Simply bars the last time I tried them though. I did like the chips I tried today.

I ordered a few boxes of pancake mix from Lowcarb Grocery, they were on sale.

I'm off to see what's good at Costco tomorrow.

Jo
Old 12-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

I tried the new proti-thin very low carb (low net) chocolate crisp bar yesterday. I had to share--it's very yummy. It's a kind of chewy texture with some crisps. Not as chewy or firm as a quest bar. It's chocolaty all the way through. I expected it to be more of a crispy cookie-style, but it's more like a chocolate bar with a few crispies in for texture. 160 cal, 17g carb, 12g fiber, 15g protein.

Nice chocolate taste and I will definitely be adding this into my rotation. I don't love to use low net carb things as unrestricted, and this is 160 cal but it might be good in a pinch for a portable unrestricted. And, if I can use a low net instead of a restricted that might be good too--that's my intent (use as restricted).

They also have it in strawberry shortcake which I have not tried yet.
Closed Thread