Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #181  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Big Mac in a bowl is just a big mac, no bun, in your bowl: "2 all beef patties, special sauce (thousand island dressing), lettuce, (NO cheese) pickles, onions, NO Sesame Seed bun." -- and I add tomatoes The ground beef is your measured amount -- can be hot or cold. The thousand island dressing and pickles is what makes it for me. DELISH! and very filling.
Thanks IP43 - I meant to come back with a link and well, life happened.

I use dehydrated onions for my big mac in a bowl which is what the original uses - truly makes the taste!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #182  
KMainprize

S/C/G: 303/292/180

Height: 5'10

Yes IP43 I do agree sometimes my words come out a bit funny. I think the main thing I am trying to say is, go hard at it when you begin because you will see optimal results. But if you add something in later down the line you will notice if it negatively affects you right away. But if you do add something dont stress whipping out ketosis sticks and jumping on the scale and losing your mind if you add something with 1 or 2 extra carb counts into it, its just easier to stay away from it all together plus its a accomplishing feeling. With the PB2 for example I add it to promasil drink mix and it is 100 cal and 0 carbs, so adding half of the
serving of the PB2 and there for it doesnt even bring the carb count even close to that of a IP
pack (which I should have mentioned before) so I can mentally justify it. (I admit my brain saw this thread and I started posting, because im like hey! Im a newbie....then I realized I was just new because j started OP again. 2 years of IP prior doesnt really make ya new I guess anymore lol) sorry if I confused anyone, im just clearly devils advocate lol.
On a slightly more sane note(which im seriously contemplating if I truely am nutty from what I have been writing) had a mad craving for the chocolate raspberry bar last night at 8, so I whipped into the clinic and bought one today and just sat in my car making disturbing noises as I ate it because at that point it was absolutely freaking fabulous!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:43 PM   #183  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKandy View Post
..... had a mad craving for the chocolate raspberry bar last night at 8, so I whipped into the clinic and bought one today and just sat in my car making disturbing noises as I ate it because at that point it was absolutely freaking fabulous!
Great post Kandy -- and we're on the same page... by the way, I was "visualizing" you with the disturbing noises... would have liked to have been a "passerby"

Last edited by IP43; 05-30-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:05 AM   #184  
Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! Today was my first day working since starting the program. What a difference just 10 days makes. Sure working a long 12 hour shift mostly on your feet running is no walk in the park, but wow! When my shift ended tonight, I am not kidding, I was half as tired and achy as I usually am. I am elated!

And how awesome! Look at all the posts today! I haven't read them yet, but going to go fill up my water glass and do just that
Old 05-31-2014, 12:11 AM   #185  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkernjh View Post
Neat - Do you have a Bed, Bath and Beyond near you? I found one there last night. Can't wait to try it out tonight (didn't make it to the grocery store after my other shopping )
I never thought of BBB carrying it! That's great! You are going to love that little gizmo
Old 05-31-2014, 12:27 AM   #186  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Welcome!!!

So I used my $10 Target coupon yesterday, so excited to get this screaming deal. Had a strawberry one for breakfast, very yummy!! Was excited to have learned about these easy, great tasting RTD drinks...then I looked at the ingredients...SOY ISOFLAVONES....uuuuggghhh....soy wreaks havoc on your health, especially women and soy isoflavones are even worse, terrible stuff for you. My husband and I will finish these off then stick with IP shakes (whey protein...mucho better). Are there any OP RTD drinks that anyone knows of that are whey protein?

Getting ready to cook up my rotini...it's just pasta, how do we eat this stuff? Plain? Oil and salt and pepper? I think I need to invest in an IP cook book.

Feeling better each and every day!!!!
Good to hear!!
Old 05-31-2014, 12:53 AM   #187  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKandy View Post
Yes IP43 I do agree sometimes my words come out a bit funny. I think the main thing I am trying to say is, go hard at it when you begin because you will see optimal results. But if you add something in later down the line you will notice if it negatively affects you right away. But if you do add something dont stress whipping out ketosis sticks and jumping on the scale and losing your mind if you add something with 1 or 2 extra carb counts into it, its just easier to stay away from it all together plus its a accomplishing feeling. With the PB2 for example I add it to promasil drink mix and it is 100 cal and 0 carbs, so adding half of the
serving of the PB2 and there for it doesnt even bring the carb count even close to that of a IP
pack (which I should have mentioned before) so I can mentally justify it. (I admit my brain saw this thread and I started posting, because im like hey! Im a newbie....then I realized I was just new because j started OP again. 2 years of IP prior doesnt really make ya new I guess anymore lol) sorry if I confused anyone, im just clearly devils advocate lol.
On a slightly more sane note(which im seriously contemplating if I truely am nutty from what I have been writing) had a mad craving for the chocolate raspberry bar last night at 8, so I whipped into the clinic and bought one today and just sat in my car making disturbing noises as I ate it because at that point it was absolutely freaking fabulous!
Yup...I Knew you were not a... quote on quote Newbie, and that you were restarting the program. I was happy as a clam you joined! That was my intention when I started the group. To have newbies, restarters, or whatever. There are a few others in the group, who like yourself, have had amazing results doing the program, but fell off and needed to get back on track. I think that is a common misconception that everyone posting in this group are all Newbies and don't know the program well. So now we know...lol! Anyways, I know I don't only speak for myself when I say that you are a very valuable member of the group KillerKandy and I'm looking forward to squashing a boat load of fat cells right along beside ya!

Last edited by AZLinda; 05-31-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:05 AM   #188  
Kayaker Wannabe

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLinda View Post
The other girls are right.

The Scientific reason to avoid alcohol when you are trying to burn fat...even if you just had, say, jack daniels and water which is very low in calories and zero carbs, is this...

Alcohol is not stored as fat. Well maybe a tiny bit like 5% The main problem with taking in alcohol while trying to burn fat at the same time is that it will greatly lower the amount of fat your body will burn for energy. In fact, It pretty much puts the breaks on the fat burning process all together until your liver has cleaned the alcohol completely out of your system...which can be like 2 days. Our liver plays an extremely major role in fat metabolism, so when you take in alcohol, your liver will have to stop metabolizing fat and puts it's focus on clearing the acetate produced by the alcohol out of our bodies.

To me, this is just not going to be worth it. 2 days of no fat burning? Just to have a few drinks? Nope. And believe me, I love my cocktails. But I have decided that while I am in Phase 1, and until I reach my goal weight, alcohol will not play a role in my life.

So, what do you do when you have a party to go to and you don't want to have to explain to everyone why you are not partaking in the libations? Fool them! Bring your fancy cocktail glass and put in some crushed ice, fresh squeezed limes, splenda, and some sparkling mineral water, add in a clice of lime and nobody will ever know the difference. You can walk arond the party holding your glass sipping on your healthy drink and have piece of mind that you will continue on with your fat burning in full effect. Mix up a small amout into a thermos and bring it with you so that you have refills. One of my best friends is having her 50th birthday party this coming Saturday night, and pretty much everyone there will be drinking, so, this is exactly what my plan of attack will be.
Linda - this is such great advice. Thanks for posting it. One other thing I learned from the videos is you can actually black-out if you have alcohol during phase one. It really affects your liver\kidney functions. Very dangerous. After one glass of red wine you could "blow" over the legal limit if you took a breathalyzer test. After watching that video I have had no desire for alcohol. I live alone and if I blacked out and fell no one would be around to make sure I was still living...
Old 05-31-2014, 12:33 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 162/136/120, Reboot 4/4/15

Height: 5' 4"

Hello All! I'm on day 5 today and doing pretty well so far. I have a killer headache right now, sounds like most advice is to take some salt and drink water, so I'll try that. Have any of you tried the Designer Whey bars from GNC? They have a similar nutritional profile, but I was wondering about taste.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #190  
Started 5/21/2014

Happy Saturday! I was supposed to work today, but the hospital was slow so I ended up getting the day off..whoohoo!

Going to be a beautiful blue sky and sunny day here in Arizona, reaching a high of 107! Summer is here!

So, today is day 11 for me. Still loving the program and feeling better and better with each passing day. I think today I will add in some light cardio. I'll be in the pool a lot of today, so maybe I'll throw in some slow laps, and a little water aerobics while I'm at it...nothing very strenuous. See how I feel with that.

Sometime today, I have to get to target so I can also get in on that deal they have going. And stop by Sprouts to get some ground buffalo and stock up on some more veggies..oh and also pick up some WF thousand Island dressing so I can make the "big mac in a bowl" Mmm, yummy!

Ps...I know, I know...I'm getting obsessed with all the emoticons! Can't help it, they are just so darn cute!
Old 05-31-2014, 01:56 PM   #191  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 View Post
Hello All! I'm on day 5 today and doing pretty well so far. I have a killer headache right now, sounds like most advice is to take some salt and drink water, so I'll try that. Have any of you tried the Designer Whey bars from GNC? They have a similar nutritional profile, but I was wondering about taste.
Hi SuzieQ! Day 5 for you already? Whoohoo! Those detox headaches can be lil buggers for sure, but stick it out and it will pass, shouldn't be long now. I haven't tried the bars from GNC myself, but maybe one of the other gals has and can chime in. Keep up the awesome work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkernjh View Post
Linda - this is such great advice. Thanks for posting it. One other thing I learned from the videos is you can actually black-out if you have alcohol during phase one. It really affects your liver\kidney functions. Very dangerous. After one glass of red wine you could "blow" over the legal limit if you took a breathalyzer test. After watching that video I have had no desire for alcohol. I live alone and if I blacked out and fell no one would be around to make sure I was still living...
Thank you Nancy and you are so very welcome! Wow, the information you learned from watching the video is pretty scary!
Old 05-31-2014, 02:49 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 201/189/165

Height: 5`3"

Default day 1

Hello,
I've watched my sister be successful for the last six weeks. Today is my first day. I'm hoping to learn more about the program by following this thread
Jean
Old 05-31-2014, 02:57 PM   #193  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanl151 View Post
Hello,
I've watched my sister be successful for the last six weeks. Today is my first day. I'm hoping to learn more about the program by following this thread
Jean
to the group Jean! So happy to have you join us! That is great that your Sister is having such successful results! Make sure you mosey around the forum, there are tons of information on all the different threads. Again, so happy you are starting!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!!

Just a reminder that we would LOVE to have you all ALSO join us in the Daily Chat thread, the Alternatives in Phase 1 thread, What Are You Eating thread, 100% thread and anywhere else you want to explore. It's great to have a community for those who are just joining IP and equally great to join in with the greater community of those who have blazed the path ahead of you!!

We WELCOME questions, comments, observations, venting... WHATEVER you need!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:21 PM   #195  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!!

Just a reminder that we would LOVE to have you all ALSO join us in the Daily Chat thread, the Alternatives in Phase 1 thread, What Are You Eating thread, 100% thread and anywhere else you want to explore. It's great to have a community for those who are just joining IP and equally great to join in with the greater community of those who have blazed the path ahead of you!!

We WELCOME questions, comments, observations, venting... WHATEVER you need!
I'll second that
The group and the support is way bigger than one thread

Lots of info to find. Great place to start is the first post of the daily chat http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-1-2014-a.html

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-31-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Closed Thread