Thanks! Much better!
Yay! You look gorgeous Sarah!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #47  
Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbuzymom View Post
Nice me too I new to IP started last tuesday. This is my first week, first weigh in is tommorrow

Buzymom! So happy you joined the group! Whoohoo! Congrats on completing your first week! I am just a day behind you Good luck on your weigh in! Looking forward to hearing how you did.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #48  
Started IP 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLinda View Post

Nancy!!!!! Awe you made my heart sing when I saw you were joining our group! Welcome! wouldn't be the same withoutcha my friend!

I agree with you 100% in saying that this is the plan that will set us free from fat forever! I'm ready to do this, mind is right where it should be and I'm feeling fantastic already and I just started day 6! Crazy!

Yes! Neat joined the group also, she is Butterfly2005 Hi Neat!!

I got the paderno veggie spiral slicer from Amazon, it has 3 different blades so you can make a couple different thicknesses of noodles and also it does the ribbon cuts too. Here is the link to it... http://www.amazon.com/Paderno-World-...gie+spiralizer

Looking forward to getting my "skinny" on with ya girlfriend! And again, welcome to the group!
Thanks for the info I need to pick me up that veggie slicer. I wish I could just get one at the store darn it!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #49  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Hi everyone, I am restarting today. I originally started in Oct. made it through the holidays and just quit do to some emotional eating. I gained back all I had lost. I am doing all alternatives as I did last time. Using EAS RTD's along with some products ordered from Proti Thin, Proti Diet and Quest Bars. Last time I only did RTD's and followed IP with no snacky stuff. I found just eating protein and veggies extremely hard. So, this time hopefully with the addition of some of those products I will succeed.

I have been overweight since having babies years ago .I have four, My oldest is 29, the youngest 16. I have done a few diets with some success but, my thoughts about dieting were that I can't maintain it so why bother. At this point I just have to do it for health. I now have high blood pressure and my knees are always hurting. I feel old all of a sudden and I blame that on my weight. I gotta do this.

I also have to say that after being married for 20 years, I lost my husband to cancer. I was lazy about my weight and he was okay with it. I have now been thrust into the dating world. Let's just say that being in you 50's you'd think that men would be a little more accepting of a little weight but, no they aren't lol. They are just as judgemental as 20 year olds.

I want to lose about 35 or 40 lbs.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:03 AM   #50  
Started IP 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Height: 5'5

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Hi everyone, I am restarting today. I originally started in Oct. made it through the holidays and just quit do to some emotional eating. I gained back all I had lost. I am doing all alternatives as I did last time. Using EAS RTD's along with some products ordered from Proti Thin, Proti Diet and Quest Bars. Last time I only did RTD's and followed IP with no snacky stuff. I found just eating protein and veggies extremely hard. So, this time hopefully with the addition of some of those products I will succeed.

I have been overweight since having babies years ago .I have four, My oldest is 29, the youngest 16. I have done a few diets with some success but, my thoughts about dieting were that I can't maintain it so why bother. At this point I just have to do it for health. I now have high blood pressure and my knees are always hurting. I feel old all of a sudden and I blame that on my weight. I gotta do this.

I also have to say that after being married for 20 years, I lost my husband to cancer. I was lazy about my weight and he was okay with it. I have now been thrust into the dating world. Let's just say that being in you 50's you'd think that men would be a little more accepting of a little weight but, no they aren't lol. They are just as judgemental as 20 year olds.

I want to lose about 35 or 40 lbs.
Welcome and glad to have you back!!!! Thanks for sharing your story with us. We will get there together!!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 167/160.4/135

Height: 5'6

Hello.....just restarted IP yesterday so I'm on Day 2. Oatmeal for breakfast (alternate - Evolution) and it is 11:14 and I am so hungry. I keep sipping my lemon water hoping this feeling passes soon. What have some of you done to get through the hunger?
Old 05-27-2014, 11:19 AM   #52  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvizz View Post
Hi everyone! I just restarted IP this week. I had great success before - lost 20 lbs but let life and my stress get in the way so now I am back on track. I'm using a mixture of IP foods and the gluten free Evolution products, as well as a couple of the Proti-diet foods. Eventually - if/when I hit a plateau, I plan on staying away from the foods with sucralose in them. I find, with me, that foods with sucralose seemed to affect my weight loss in the past and staying away from them helped. I'm one of those people who likes to work out - especially to relieve stress, but I've also found that I really have to back off otherwise it stalls my weight loss - I think it is hormone thing and because calories are limited - it's too much on the body. Anyways - I am determined to get to maintenance. I just downloaded the Beck Diet so I can listen to it when I'm on the road. A big part of this is emotional/psychological for me so I find the material in the Beck Diet is really helpful. Alright gang - Let's do this!
to the group TVIZZ! There are others in the group who are restarters like you and also had great results with the program. It's good that you know your body so well, I think that is one of the keys to sucess...knowing what works for you individually and what doesn't. Sounds like you have a great plan of attack going! I was just reading on Dr. Tran Tien's website about the reasons of not exercising too vigerously on Phase 1. I am going to add in some walking and leisurely bike riding this weekend. By then my energy should be up and my body adjusting to Ketosis better. Girl YES! Let's do this!!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 249.2/244.2/180

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Yay! You look gorgeous Sarah!
Takes one to know one pretty lady!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 232/217.5/170

Height: 5'3.5''

Quote:
Buzymom! So happy you joined the group! Whoohoo! Congrats on completing your first week! I am just a day behind you Good luck on your weigh in! Looking forward to hearing how you did.
Thanks I am excited to have this support group. I am going to go to the clinic for a month and see my progress and then switch to alternative stuff. Are you working out? I know they dont recomend it, but I work out faithful 5 times a week.. its my form of stress relief
Old 05-27-2014, 11:34 AM   #55  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantini View Post
Hi everyone

I am looking to start IP as well but unsure if I need to hit the clinic or just order products that meet the criteria? Anyone have sucess on their own?

Thanks.
Chantini! Happy you are here! You know, when I decided to do IP Alternatives, I read and read and read on the alternative threads and saw that many people were having amazing results. What is best for you, you will have to decide. It really depends on each person's individual needs. Check out the alternative thread and see if that eases your mind on making your decision. Either way, we are happy you joined us!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 249.2/244.2/180

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 View Post
Thanks for the info I need to pick me up that veggie slicer. I wish I could just get one at the store darn it!!!

Do you have one of those chef stores by you? I got the veggetti at an outlet chef store. It is one of those as seen on tv things it was 14.99 and use it for my zucchini noodles. Love it!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena1966 View Post
Hi everyone! I am starting today. Looking forward to the support. I am a carb junkie and a chocoholic so this is going to be hard but I am going to give it a try!
This is a great place to be!! I too am a carb junkie, not too much on chocolate but the support here is truly overwhelming!! WE will help each other out!! Glad to be on this journey together! You are not alone!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #58  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ninja View Post
I just restarted IP after doing it for 2 months in 2012. I lost 18 lbs and gained it all back. I want to reach my goal weight and stay there! It seems like every year, I lose and gain the same 10-15 lbs. I have fibromyalgia and sometimes when it's really bad, I can't really cook so I make bad food choices. It's a vicious cycle. I feel bad so I eat like crap which makes me feel bad, etc, etc.
My self esteem is at an all time low because I can't fit into any of my clothes. I know I may have not have as much to lose as some of you but believe me, trying to lose 20 lbs is hard!
I'm really grateful that so many of you are posting about alternatives because the IP food is so expensive. I don't like a lot of it anyways because I hate the way fake food tastes.
Anyways, hoping I get the encouragement I need to stick with the plan!
So happy you are here PinkNinja! I understand the feeling of the yo-yoing. Losing the same 10 - 15 lbs over and over again. It is so frustrating! You can do it this time! We are all here to support one another through thick and thin. I can't believe the encouragement everyone gives each other. How many days have you been back on IP? Today is day 7 for me. Tomorrow is my first WI!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbuzymom View Post
Thanks I am excited to have this support group. I am going to go to the clinic for a month and see my progress and then switch to alternative stuff. Are you working out? I know they dont recomend it, but I work out faithful 5 times a week.. its my form of stress relief
It is my understanding we can do light walking...anything that you won't be out of breath one. I know they have an alternative plan for athletes that work out but the weight loss is slower than the "regular" plan.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #60  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 View Post
Oh you are so welcome! Yes, you should get one, you will love it and use it often. I know I love mine! I have never seen them at any of the Kitchen stores either. I've seen the ones that you manually twist, but not one like this one. I think it is worth the price and then some. Let me know if you get it and how you like it.
Closed Thread