3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #136
Started 5/21/2014
 
AZLinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 220

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena1966 View Post
Hey I have a weird question. Is there any alcohol that we can have other than say gin and tonic? I'm going out for a drink with a friend tonight who I haven't seen in a long time. Don't want to just drink water.
The other girls are right.

The Scientific reason to avoid alcohol when you are trying to burn fat...even if you just had, say, jack daniels and water which is very low in calories and zero carbs, is this...

Alcohol is not stored as fat. Well maybe a tiny bit like 5% The main problem with taking in alcohol while trying to burn fat at the same time is that it will greatly lower the amount of fat your body will burn for energy. In fact, It pretty much puts the breaks on the fat burning process all together until your liver has cleaned the alcohol completely out of your system...which can be like 2 days. Our liver plays an extremely major role in fat metabolism, so when you take in alcohol, your liver will have to stop metabolizing fat and puts it's focus on clearing the acetate produced by the alcohol out of our bodies.

To me, this is just not going to be worth it. 2 days of no fat burning? Just to have a few drinks? Nope. And believe me, I love my cocktails. But I have decided that while I am in Phase 1, and until I reach my goal weight, alcohol will not play a role in my life.

So, what do you do when you have a party to go to and you don't want to have to explain to everyone why you are not partaking in the libations? Fool them! Bring your fancy cocktail glass and put in some crushed ice, fresh squeezed limes, splenda, and some sparkling mineral water, add in a clice of lime and nobody will ever know the difference. You can walk arond the party holding your glass sipping on your healthy drink and have piece of mind that you will continue on with your fat burning in full effect. Mix up a small amout into a thermos and bring it with you so that you have refills. One of my best friends is having her 50th birthday party this coming Saturday night, and pretty much everyone there will be drinking, so, this is exactly what my plan of attack will be.
AZLinda is offline  
Old 05-29-2014, 08:29 PM   #137
Junior Member
 
drbuzymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 17

S/C/G: 232/217.5/170

Height: 5'3.5''

Default

Thank you! I am gonna try those recipes
drbuzymom is offline  
Old 05-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #138
Junior Member
 
drbuzymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 17

S/C/G: 232/217.5/170

Height: 5'3.5''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLinda View Post
Really? That is crazy! I mean it is common knowledge that when you start any healthy eating plan, especially the low carb plans, our body goes through a detox period... headaches, body aches, extreme fatigue, moodiness, nausea and vomiting, sleepiness, severe cravings... in the low carb world this is known as the keto flu. I can't understand why your coach told you that it was unusual to have a headache and that it was probably from not drinking enough water. Sure, once the detox (keto flu) period has ended, and you find yourself with some of these symptoms, sometimes the cause is insufficient hydration. But 90 percent of the time, the culprit is not taking in enough salt.
He is totally clueless , I am only going there for 1 more week and find a different center. I asked more questions and the less he knew
drbuzymom is offline  
Old 05-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #139
Started 5/21/2014
 
AZLinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 220

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbuzymom View Post
He is totally clueless , I am only going there for 1 more week and find a different center. I asked more questions and the less he knew
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbuzymom View Post
Thank you! I am gonna try those recipes
I think that is a very good idea!

And you are welcome!
AZLinda is offline  
Old 05-29-2014, 08:47 PM   #140
Member
 
ontheshoresarah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 32

S/C/G: 249.2/244.2/180

Height: 5'2"

Default

First weigh in tonight, 5 pounds, 8 inches....considering the week I had I will take it. Tomorrow is my friends funeral. I am trying so hard to be strong. I picked out all my treats at IP, my coach was swamped and there were too many people there to have a good chat. I think I will send her a message, I have a feeling she will not want to hear of alternatives to save.
ontheshoresarah is offline  
Old 05-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #141
Junior Member
 
beasleymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Magnolia, TX
Posts: 13

S/C/G: 192/185/155

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKandy View Post
beasleymom I use the PB2 in my chocolate shakes all the time. I only use 1/2 tsp to 1 tbsp at a time though so im not getting the whole extra 5 carbs (there is fibre in it as well so it actually reduces the carb count). I love it personally. I use to never add extra products to my plan because I figured it as taboo, but this time around I am doing it different and not having my brain stuck on 'that one extra carb is going to completely throw me out of ketosis' if you are super worried about going out of ketosis but REALLY want the PB2 have only non restricted foods that day.
First WI is -11!
Awesome weight ins everyone!
Thanks for the info on the PB2. I didn't add it to anything. I ate it right out of the bowl. I was wondering about the restricted food with PB2, so I skipped my bar tonight and ate a pudding.
11 lbs is awesome!
beasleymom is offline  
Old 05-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #142
Started 5/21/2014
 
AZLinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 220

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheshoresarah View Post
First weigh in tonight, 5 pounds, 8 inches....considering the week I had I will take it. Tomorrow is my friends funeral. I am trying so hard to be strong. I picked out all my treats at IP, my coach was swamped and there were too many people there to have a good chat. I think I will send her a message, I have a feeling she will not want to hear of alternatives to save.
Good job Sarah!

So very sorry about your friend. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.
AZLinda is offline  
Old 05-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #143
Junior Member
 
beasleymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Magnolia, TX
Posts: 13

S/C/G: 192/185/155

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLinda View Post
I think that PB2 in the small quantities you would be using it, will be just fine. If you had 1 TBl it's 22.5 calories and 2.5 carb gms. That's pretty good. You wont be using it as your primary source of protein for that meal,so that doesn't matter. Funny that you mentioned it because I have it on my next grocery list to pick up. I'm going to mix a little in with the WF peanut spread, which like you said, is yukko by itself...lol I've read that mixing in a bit of the PB2 makes all the difference in the world. I'm anxious to give it a try. Right now, all I have been able to use the WF peanut spread is putting a dab into my morning protein shake.

Here is a little blurb from Dr Tran Tien's website...

"The aim is not to follow the strictest diet possible, but rather to go on an effective diet that you’ll be able to stick with as long as possible under the best
conditions."

I'm taking that to heart.


I mixed the pb2 like it said for one serving and licked my little bowl clean. It was delicious. For the first time in 8 days I have finally felt full. I was craving peanut butter so bad! Yea for PB2
beasleymom is offline  
Old 05-29-2014, 09:23 PM   #144
Started 5/21/2014
 
AZLinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 220

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasleymom View Post
I mixed the pb2 like it said for one serving and licked my little bowl clean. It was delicious. For the first time in 8 days I have finally felt full. I was craving peanut butter so bad! Yea for PB2
AZLinda is offline  
Old 05-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #145
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 34

S/C/G: 162/136/120, Reboot 4/4/15

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Hello Everyone! I just discovered this forum and this is my first post. I am on day 3 today and so far so good. I am so motivated by reading all of your posts and the support here, in addition to the great ideas. Thank you all for sharing!
SuzieQ120 is offline  
Old 05-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #146
Member
 
ontheshoresarah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 32

S/C/G: 249.2/244.2/180

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 View Post
Hello Everyone! I just discovered this forum and this is my first post. I am on day 3 today and so far so good. I am so motivated by reading all of your posts and the support here, in addition to the great ideas. Thank you all for sharing!
Welcome!
ontheshoresarah is offline  
Old 05-29-2014, 11:05 PM   #147
Started 5/21/2014
 
AZLinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 220

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 View Post
Hello Everyone! I just discovered this forum and this is my first post. I am on day 3 today and so far so good. I am so motivated by reading all of your posts and the support here, in addition to the great ideas. Thank you all for sharing!

SuzieQ! Glad you are joining our group!
AZLinda is offline  
Old 05-30-2014, 12:14 AM   #148
KMainprize
 
KillerKandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Alberta
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 303/292/180

Height: 5'10

Default

ontheshoresarah
coaches definitely do not like alternatives, some will even tell you it messes things up, and you can only use IP products. I wouldnt even mention it or just buy a couple packs a week. I use to 'find' people selling old packs and I magically stock piled therefore I didnt need to buy from the clinic...cough cough.
I know that is dishonest but my coach was awesome I just didnt want to hear how nothing is as amazing as IP products only. CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS BTW(scatterbrained this evening clearly)
Although I will be getting all my restricted products IP because my goodness I have had 1 out of my 12 quest bars and I am telling you the thought of eating another one gives me the dry heaves like you would not believe! I rather starve!
I don't know if any of you have instagram(k8tmainprize I have pics of upcoming contraption im about to ramble about) and because I dont know how to upload pictures but I bought this weird 'spritzer' today, you cut a end of a lemon or lime off and screw this cork like thing in and it has a spray mist nozzel and apparently BAM! You get great mystical lemon spray.....I am trying it tomorrow. Super exciting times

Last edited by KillerKandy; 05-30-2014 at 12:15 AM.
KillerKandy is offline  
Old 05-30-2014, 01:06 AM   #149
Started 5/21/2014
 
AZLinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 220

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKandy View Post
ontheshoresarah
coaches definitely do not like alternatives, some will even tell you it messes things up, and you can only use IP products. I wouldnt even mention it or just buy a couple packs a week. I use to 'find' people selling old packs and I magically stock piled therefore I didnt need to buy from the clinic...cough cough.
I know that is dishonest but my coach was awesome I just didnt want to hear how nothing is as amazing as IP products only. CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS BTW(scatterbrained this evening clearly)
Although I will be getting all my restricted products IP because my goodness I have had 1 out of my 12 quest bars and I am telling you the thought of eating another one gives me the dry heaves like you would not believe! I rather starve!
I don't know if any of you have instagram(k8tmainprize I have pics of upcoming contraption im about to ramble about) and because I dont know how to upload pictures but I bought this weird 'spritzer' today, you cut a end of a lemon or lime off and screw this cork like thing in and it has a spray mist nozzel and apparently BAM! You get great mystical lemon spray.....I am trying it tomorrow. Super exciting times
I haven't started using bars as of yet, but I read someone say that if you heat the quest bars in the microwave they are way better.

That lemon gadget thingy sounds wonderful, I'm gonna have to Google that! Thanks!
AZLinda is offline  
Old 05-30-2014, 06:19 AM   #150
KMainprize
 
KillerKandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Alberta
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 303/292/180

Height: 5'10

Default

I tried heating it up...but my body is like heeeeeck no! Which is odd because I am not a picky person, but literally the though makes me want to lose it.
KillerKandy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2