Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #61  
Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Hi everyone, I am restarting today. I originally started in Oct. made it through the holidays and just quit do to some emotional eating. I gained back all I had lost. I am doing all alternatives as I did last time. Using EAS RTD's along with some products ordered from Proti Thin, Proti Diet and Quest Bars. Last time I only did RTD's and followed IP with no snacky stuff. I found just eating protein and veggies extremely hard. So, this time hopefully with the addition of some of those products I will succeed.

I have been overweight since having babies years ago .I have four, My oldest is 29, the youngest 16. I have done a few diets with some success but, my thoughts about dieting were that I can't maintain it so why bother. At this point I just have to do it for health. I now have high blood pressure and my knees are always hurting. I feel old all of a sudden and I blame that on my weight. I gotta do this.

I also have to say that after being married for 20 years, I lost my husband to cancer. I was lazy about my weight and he was okay with it. I have now been thrust into the dating world. Let's just say that being in you 50's you'd think that men would be a little more accepting of a little weight but, no they aren't lol. They are just as judgemental as 20 year olds.

I want to lose about 35 or 40 lbs.
Jemma welcome!

I can relate to so much of your story. Not the part of losing your love however, that I can't imagine what you went through and I am so deeply sorry for your loss.

This is my first time doing IP but I have been strictly eating Protein and veggies primarily, and after a week now, I realize that I am gonna have to shake things up a bit for some variety. Next week, I'm ready to add in a few alternatives myself.

I also have high blood pressure and have been on medication to control it for the past couple years. And I hear you on the knees...mine hurt too, and I know it's the added pressure of carrying all this extra weight. For every lb of excess weight you are carrying, you multiply that number by 4, and that gives you the actual pounds in pressure we are putting on our poor knees! for me that is over 300 lbs of pressure alone!

You WILL Do this! We WILL do this! There is no looking back this time. Eyes straight ahead, mind focused on what we know we have to do. Let nothing get in our way! Time to make the change! I'm excited to walk this journey with you arm in arm!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #62  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvizz View Post
Hello.....just restarted IP yesterday so I'm on Day 2. Oatmeal for breakfast (alternate - Evolution) and it is 11:14 and I am so hungry. I keep sipping my lemon water hoping this feeling passes soon. What have some of you done to get through the hunger?
Drinking water really helps me when I get a little hungry between meals. On Dr Tran Tien's website, he says "If you experience hunger after lunch during the first days of the diet, add 1 packet or 1 measure of protein" If I can't shake the hunger, I eat a bit of protein and that usually does the trick. Are you eating all your veggies for lunch and dinner? The fiber will help you stay full much longer.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #63  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheshoresarah View Post
Takes one to know one pretty lady!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #64  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Hello.....just restarted IP yesterday so I'm on Day 2. Oatmeal for breakfast (alternate - Evolution) and it is 11:14 and I am so hungry. I keep sipping my lemon water hoping this feeling passes soon. What have some of you done to get through the hunger?
Drinking hot decaf tea will help you out - for some reason the hot stuff seems to make you feel filled up more. There are tons of really great flavors out there, just make sure they are 0/0/0 - most of the herbal teas are.

And lettuce, lots of lettuce which is unlimited.

If all else fails during the first week you can use an extra packet/alternative (an unrestricted) just to get you through. I think I used one extra packet the first week but drank a lot of herbal tea and ate a lot of lettuce!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #65  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbuzymom View Post
Thanks I am excited to have this support group. I am going to go to the clinic for a month and see my progress and then switch to alternative stuff. Are you working out? I know they dont recomend it, but I work out faithful 5 times a week.. its my form of stress relief
Buzymom~ Me too! The extra support means all the difference to me. Yes, see how you do. No I haven't added in workouts. Next week I will add in some easy walking or bike riding or swimming. Nothing too strenuous.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #66  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Drinking hot decaf tea will help you out - for some reason the hot stuff seems to make you feel filled up more. There are tons of really great flavors out there, just make sure they are 0/0/0 - most of the herbal teas are.

And lettuce, lots of lettuce which is unlimited.

If all else fails during the first week you can use an extra packet/alternative (an unrestricted) just to get you through. I think I used one extra packet the first week but drank a lot of herbal tea and ate a lot of lettuce!
Ruth Ann~ I need to start drinking hot teas. I see it has so many health benefits and read where others say it does really help make you feel full and satisfied and cut cravings. I'm gonna pick some up my next trip to the grocers.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 167/160.4/135

Height: 5'6

Thanks Ruth Ann and AZLinda - I'm not a tea drinker so I'll try some hot water with lemon in it. I appreciate the tips and this board!
Old 05-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 249.2/244.2/180

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Thanks Ruth Ann and AZLinda - I'm not a tea drinker so I'll try some hot water with lemon in it. I appreciate the tips and this board!
Is it regular tea in general? I have found some interesting blends, decaf chai with vanilla stevia when I need something sweet, last month I found coconut chocolate tea....
Old 05-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #69  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Is it regular tea in general? I have found some interesting blends, decaf chai with vanilla stevia when I need something sweet, last month I found coconut chocolate tea....
Yes, tea in general from what I read. Oh those blends you have found sound yummy Sarah.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #70  
Started 5/21/2014

Well my first week WI is tomorrow morning! Excited to see the dent I put in it..lol How is everyone doing?
Old 05-27-2014, 07:08 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 249.2/244.2/180

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLinda View Post
Well my first week WI is tomorrow morning! Excited to see the dent I put in it..lol How is everyone doing?
I bet you will be awesome tomorrow. I am stressed/sad tonight. My first weigh in is Thursday, hoping for at least 6 pounds!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:05 PM   #72  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Quote:
Good luck with your WI tomorrow. I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

I am almost through day 1 and feeling great. I was able to avoid the three hundred cookies we made for the kids at work. Good thing I didn't have any plans after work because I have spent the day running to the bathroom .LOL
Old 05-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #73  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
I bet you will be awesome tomorrow. I am stressed/sad tonight. My first weigh in is Thursday, hoping for at least 6 pounds!
Thank you! I sure hope so... I bet you will have a great WI Thursday!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #74  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Good luck with your WI tomorrow. I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

I am almost through day 1 and feeling great. I was able to avoid the three hundred cookies we made for the kids at work. Good thing I didn't have any plans after work because I have spent the day running to the bathroom .LOL
Thanks Jemma! Doesn't it feel great when you finish the day knowing you stuck to the plan and avoided any temptations? Good job! I know the feeling of running to the bathroom all day long. That does get better, I promise!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #75  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Exciting!! Do you weigh every day or just once a week? I have been STRUGGLING! I did a cleanse for 10 days and did great for those 10 days... eating wise I am doing great BUT weight wise I am STUCK... I have been thinking about doing a 3 or 5 day boot camp to see if I can kick start the weight loss again... I am so frustrated. I'm still up 2 lbs from when I had my period last week or so... I promise I have been ON POINT, no cheating. It makes me want to scream, haha!
Closed Thread