3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 11:21 AM   #106

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitTrish61 View Post
I have been doing weight watchers with only minimal results. I think it is a healthy choice but frankly, I think I might need tighter structure and a little quicker positive reinforcement. I am thinking of switching to IP but not sure if I should try my local clinic (I know one happy customer) or give it a try on my own. Where is the best source for alternative information? Congrats to all of you who are doing it! I am way impressed.
Hi Trish - I'm a Trish too! Like you, I have been a WW member for a really long time. I had success previously, but some stomach issues caused a diet change. I gained 20 pounds back. Since I stopped the weight gain I just haven't been able to turn it into actually losing, so I switched to IP for the same reason - I decided I needed something more rigid for a while. I'm only on day 2, but I like it so far.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #107

Maybe we can be successful Trish's together!

Last edited by FitTrish61; 05-29-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:50 PM   #108

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Sounds good to me!
Old 05-29-2014, 01:07 PM   #109
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
That is wonderful!! I can tell from all your encouraging posts you are going to be a great motivator for the rest of us.
I agree! AZLinda your positive attitude is quite infectious!
Old 05-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #110
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKandy View Post
beasleymom
First WI is -11!!
Girl, you need to scream that! ELEVEN POUNDS GONE, Congrats!
Old 05-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #111
Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbuzymom View Post
I had my first weigh in yesterday- down 4 lbs, not much, but I'll take it. What are you guys using for salad dressings?
Good job BuzyMom! What do you mean not much? Girl, 4 lbs is wonderful!

Right now, I'm using coconut vinegar with a little extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil as my dressings. Sometimes in addition to the oil and vinegar, I'll squirt a little fresh lemon juice over top. I don't care much for the WF dressings all by themselves...although I still have not tried the thousand island or ranch. But they are good mixed with other things. There is a recipe I found for an Asian peanut sauce dressing (using some of wf products combined with other ingredients) that I want to try. Use over salads, veggies, or the Shirataki noodles or veggie noodles...sounds amazing.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #112
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbuzymom View Post
Oh I forgot to add that the clinic I go to, My coach is clueless. I told him I had a bad headache on day 2 and he was like, that unusual. you should have any headaches unless you are not drinking water. smh I am already tired of going to that clinic. Once I find good shakes that I like, I will be done with them.
Really? That is crazy! I mean it is common knowledge that when you start any healthy eating plan, especially the low carb plans, our body goes through a detox period... headaches, body aches, extreme fatigue, moodiness, nausea and vomiting, sleepiness, severe cravings... in the low carb world this is known as the keto flu. I can't understand why your coach told you that it was unusual to have a headache and that it was probably from not drinking enough water. Sure, once the detox (keto flu) period has ended, and you find yourself with some of these symptoms, sometimes the cause is insufficient hydration. But 90 percent of the time, the culprit is not taking in enough salt.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #113
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasleymom View Post
What do you think about PB2? I've tried all the WF peanut spreads and they are so gross. I checked the nutritional facts and they seem to fit the IP protocol. I'm just in Phase 1, so I don't want to goof and have to relive the "ketosis flu"

PB2:
2T = 45 calories
Calories from fat :13
Carbs :5
Protein:5 ( not the greatest..)
Sugars:1

I'd rather not ask my coach, since I know what her answer will be. I just wondered if any one has used this on the plan.
I think that PB2 in the small quantities you would be using it, will be just fine. If you had 1 TBl it's 22.5 calories and 2.5 carb gms. That's pretty good. You wont be using it as your primary source of protein for that meal,so that doesn't matter. Funny that you mentioned it because I have it on my next grocery list to pick up. I'm going to mix a little in with the WF peanut spread, which like you said, is yukko by itself...lol I've read that mixing in a bit of the PB2 makes all the difference in the world. I'm anxious to give it a try. Right now, all I have been able to use the WF peanut spread is putting a dab into my morning protein shake.

Here is a little blurb from Dr Tran Tien's website...

"The aim is not to follow the strictest diet possible, but rather to go on an effective diet that you’ll be able to stick with as long as possible under the best conditions."

I'm taking that to heart.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #114
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
That is wonderful!! I can tell from all your encouraging posts you are going to be a great motivator for the rest of us.
Aww that is so sweet of you to say! You guys are keeping me motivated!
Old 05-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #115
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKandy View Post
beasleymom I use the PB2 in my chocolate shakes all the time. I only use 1/2 tsp to 1 tbsp at a time though so im not getting the whole extra 5 carbs (there is fibre in it as well so it actually reduces the carb count). I love it personally. I use to never add extra products to my plan because I figured it as taboo, but this time around I am doing it different and not having my brain stuck on 'that one extra carb is going to completely throw me out of ketosis' if you are super worried about going out of ketosis but REALLY want the PB2 have only non restricted foods that day.
First WI is -11!
Awesome weight ins everyone!
Here here This is some awesome advise!

Fabulous job on your first WI! Oh, and I love how you just snuck that in at the end like it was no biggy! Girl! That is so awesome!!!
Old 05-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #116
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvizz View Post
How many days has it taken some of you to get to ketosis? I'm on day 4 now and I'm thinking of checking tonight.

Great to read about all of the successes on here! Way to go Butterfly and drbuzymom!
For me usually 4 or 5 days. I don't use the sticks, I can always tell by how I feel, the smell of my breath, and especially the taste in my mouth. But I might pick some up just to have as a back up for when and If I'm ever unsure.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #117
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
I'm on day 3 and ran to the drug store an hour or so ago to check. No ketosis for me yet. I haven't had headaches or anything though. Definitely some cravings last night, but no sign of the keto flu.
Some people take longer than others to get into ketosis. For me usually a good 4 or 5 days and even longer if I've not been very active at all. And also remember that there are some people who never experience keto flu...the lucky bums that they are...
Old 05-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #118
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
I agree! AZLinda your positive attitude is quite infectious!
Thanks so much for that... you girls are just so sweet, and I appreciate your kind words. It's you all that are going to keep ME going...more than you know
Old 05-29-2014, 02:14 PM   #119
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Sounds good to me!
Quote:
Oh.....I think I see two forces to be reckoned with in our near future! You ladies are going to ROCK THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2014, 02:15 PM   #120
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
Girl, you need to scream that! ELEVEN POUNDS GONE, Congrats!
I agree!! Did she think she was gonna quietly sneak that one by us? No way jose!! Shout it from the rooftop!!

Last edited by AZLinda; 05-29-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Closed Thread