Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

I started August 1st on week 5 and have lost 19.2 lbs would like to lose 50 more hello all
Old 09-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #197  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Hi There, great stats!! WTG..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
I started August 1st on week 5 and have lost 19.2 lbs would like to lose 50 more hello all
Old 09-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Proud of myself for getting through yesterday. We had an annual potluck end of summer party at my house and I did not even feel tempted to cheat! I made some deviled eggs and a buffalo chicken dip for myself so I would feel like I was having treats but they were both 100% OP. The dip even had the chicken patty packet in it! I drank tons of water and while it was a little strange to not drink around so many people that were is was definitely doable!! Now I know I can get through the wedding we are going to next weekend!!!! Excited for my weigh in tomorrow. Scale here at home says I'm down another 4 pounds!!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #199  

Thank you. I love this protocol and am soooo excited to be on it!!! How are you doing with it Clarington 45? Eating out has been one of the things I miss the most and cheese I love cheese! Have a hard time with veggies getting bored with my selections so looking for recipes to change it up! But I am thrilled over all and excited to find this site and people talking about the plan
Old 09-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #200  

Also how do you show the persons comment you are replying to in you response ?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #201  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Look at the bottom of that persons post. There is a quote bottom. Push that and their post will show in yours.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #202  
Restart - June17/15

HI There, The first week I found hard, was soo hungry and killer headaches, but now seem to be getting into a groove (I hope), luckily I can eat the same thing a lot.. so have decided on the exact same breakfast (chocolate drink after being in the freezer for a while), and lunch is the herb and cheese omelet (cooked in the morning and brought to work) and a big salad.. I am spreading out the omelet (11am) and salad (12 or 1pm), the restricted snack in afternoon at 3 or 4 pm and then dinner whatever meat and hot veggies.. love stirfry.. I am finding I am going to the grocery store almost every day for more veggies lol and lots of prep but thats ok..I am missing having some drinks lol., I have two fun weekends coming up ,a girls weekend and another weekend at a cottage with friends and am dissapointed I cant party it up a bit.. but oh well its not worth it to cheat..
Quote:
Thank you. I love this protocol and am soooo excited to be on it!!! How are you doing with it Clarington 45? Eating out has been one of the things I miss the most and cheese I love cheese! Have a hard time with veggies getting bored with my selections so looking for recipes to change it up! But I am thrilled over all and excited to find this site and people talking about the plan
Old 09-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #203  
Restart - June17/15

Great for you!! seeing hte scale go down makes it so worth it Way to plan ahead and resist..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Proud of myself for getting through yesterday. We had an annual potluck end of summer party at my house and I did not even feel tempted to cheat! I made some deviled eggs and a buffalo chicken dip for myself so I would feel like I was having treats but they were both 100% OP. The dip even had the chicken patty packet in it! I drank tons of water and while it was a little strange to not drink around so many people that were is was definitely doable!! Now I know I can get through the wedding we are going to next weekend!!!! Excited for my weigh in tomorrow. Scale here at home says I'm down another 4 pounds!!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Arrrgghh - still can't get my ticker yet! It has been over 20 days and for me, that is like my first achievement badge. Oh, patience, girl. Maybe tomorrow.

Finished my third week at -22 and I am sooooo excited. I have taken two bags of clothing to the thrift store the moment it became loose. I do not want any temptation to slide and if I figure I have no clothes that would fit, maybe that will help.

I am one size down and working on the next. I wear whatever is most snug (I do not mean indecently snug, just enough to remind me when I sit down that I need to think before I eat).

Yesterday, I took my niece and her husband to a really nice waterfront restaurant as a treat as they were visiting from the east coast. Had a lovely piece of salmon, requested broiled, no oils. Asked no salsa, no bread, no rice. Felt very accomplished that I did not seem to miss all the add ons. Three HUGE glasses of ice tea helped. I know we are supposed to limit that but it was my way of filling up and having something enjoyable over and above my water.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #205  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
HI There, The first week I found hard, was soo hungry and killer headaches, but now seem to be getting into a groove (I hope), luckily I can eat the same thing a lot.. so have decided on the exact same breakfast (chocolate drink after being in the freezer for a while), and lunch is the herb and cheese omelet (cooked in the morning and brought to work) and a big salad.. I am spreading out the omelet (11am) and salad (12 or 1pm), the restricted snack in afternoon at 3 or 4 pm and then dinner whatever meat and hot veggies.. love stirfry.. I am finding I am going to the grocery store almost every day for more veggies lol and lots of prep but thats ok..I am missing having some drinks lol., I have two fun weekends coming up ,a girls weekend and another weekend at a cottage with friends and am dissapointed I cant party it up a bit.. but oh well its not worth it to cheat..
Good morning.... Has your coach ever said to make sure you eat your meal within 1 hour? I told mine I was doing what you mention for lunch...and she said to keep the 'meal' (IP + veggies) within a 1 hour timeframe.

I am doing so much more cooking/prep than I ever have. I need a sous chef!
Old 09-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #206  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

@kcdoe - I concur, bravo on the great stats; inspiring!

@Kellimomo3 kudos to you for being so prepared for the bbq. Are you doing the alternate plan or strictly the Phase 1 IP? How do you prepare the deviled eggs (sounds fantastic) and the buffalo chicken dip? Are these prepared packs? You mentioned a prepared chix patty mix, curious to hear more about that?? Sounds super delicious and WAY TO GO for staying 100% IP - woohoo!
Old 09-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #207  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
If you want to pull in more than one quote, as you read, click on the center icon (with the " mark) at the bottom, right of the post. It will turn red. After you've selected all (or, could be only one, doesn't matter) quotes you want to pull into your post, click the "Post Reply" button on the bottom LEFT of the last post on the page. This will pull in all of your quotes. Tip: To keep posts a manageable length, when you pull in other quotes, you may want to 'trim' the posts you've pulled in to one-to-two sentences that you are particularly referencing in your post. To do this, just highlight and delete what you don't want to include, just making sure you INCLUDE the beginning and ending brackets of the post - ie "[QUOTE=....... to [/QUOTE]'. This is what you need to pull it into your post. If you leave these out, it won't work right. Then just hit "Submit Reply" at the bottom. This explanation sounds much harder than it is! Give it a try

Last edited by slownsteady; 09-08-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 233/213/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Eating out has been one of the things I miss the most and cheese I love cheese! Have a hard time with veggies getting bored with my selections so looking for recipes to change it up! But I am thrilled over all and excited to find this site and people talking about the plan

We have found a few veggie recipes on this site : http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes

As well as pinterest, and 3FC has recipe threads (rainbow has some good recipes)

We bought the cheese substitute "Veggie Cheese" I tried a small bite and well it's def not cheese! But, we got it to try with a couple of recipes , we will be trying to make taco shells from it, Ive seen pictures of it so think it can be done!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #209  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Yeay slownsteady, thank you for the details, this is huge and helped me figure this out (only took a few attempts, haha). I've been wondering how people also added cute icons to their posts, now it's all making sense, hee hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Tip: This explanation sounds much harder than it is! Give it a try
Old 09-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
@kcdoe - I concur, bravo on the great stats; inspiring!

@Kellimomo3 kudos to you for being so prepared for the bbq. Are you doing the alternate plan or strictly the Phase 1 IP? How do you prepare the deviled eggs (sounds fantastic) and the buffalo chicken dip? Are these prepared packs? You mentioned a prepared chix patty mix, curious to hear more about that?? Sounds super delicious and WAY TO GO for staying 100% IP - woohoo!
I am doing strictly phase one IP. I found the deviled egg recipe on an IP facebook page. It uses WF mayo, an egg white, garlic salt, red pepper and paprika. They were great. The buffalo chicken dip I got from here. There were no measurements so I winged it and it was a bit too spicy but good. Just sugar free wing sauce, IP chicken patty pack, WF bleu cheese dressing, garlic power, sea salt, splash of apple cider vinegar heated on stove till bubbling and served with veggies!!
Closed Thread