Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #121  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm263 View Post
For anyone like me who is missing bread I tried the potato purée English muffin today and it was so delicious. Exactly what I needed!! So a big thank you to whoever originated this recipe.
I think I'm going to have to check out some of the recipe threads, this sounds good! And if you haven't tried the IP rotini - give it a try. Slightly different texture, but it's PASTA! Come on, PASTA as a non-restricted?! I've only mixed it in with dinner so far (some really yummy meals - and huge portions!), but my coach makes a cold pasta salad for her lunch with veggies and WF Italian dressing and permitted veggies that I want to try.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #122  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
I think I'm going to have to check out some of the recipe threads, this sounds good! And if you haven't tried the IP rotini - give it a try. Slightly different texture, but it's PASTA! Come on, PASTA as a non-restricted?! I've only mixed it in with dinner so far (some really yummy meals - and huge portions!), but my coach makes a cold pasta salad for her lunch with veggies and WF Italian dressing and permitted veggies that I want to try.
Yes, I have loved trying out different recipes to change things up a bit. One of my favorites has been to make bread out of the broccoli and cheese soup mix - so yummy! I find I feel less deprived when I am eating "bread" or something like cookies made from the drink mixes. So glad people took the time to come up with awesome recipes and share them with everyone!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Yesterday, I decided, like lighthouse101 to try something that remotely resembles bread. So I searched through all the recipes and decided on zucchini muffins using chocolate pudding mix.

Now, somewhere all this IP stuff must have addled my brain because I went through the entire process (shredding the veggie, soaking out the extra water, etc) and made the muffins.

Well, they did not quite turn out like I thought and I was wondering about either my cooking skill or the sanity of the person making the recipe. I ate them because I spent big money for that dang envelope.

Only AFTER several hours did my brain go click - DUH, I used cucumber instead of zucchini. Oh, well, laughter is good for us, much better than (ick) cucumber muffins!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #124  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Yesterday, I decided, like lighthouse101 to try something that remotely resembles bread. So I searched through all the recipes and decided on zucchini muffins using chocolate pudding mix.

Now, somewhere all this IP stuff must have addled my brain because I went through the entire process (shredding the veggie, soaking out the extra water, etc) and made the muffins.

Well, they did not quite turn out like I thought and I was wondering about either my cooking skill or the sanity of the person making the recipe. I ate them because I spent big money for that dang envelope.

Only AFTER several hours did my brain go click - DUH, I used cucumber instead of zucchini. Oh, well, laughter is good for us, much better than (ick) cucumber muffins!
Hmm...cucumber...I've never baked with it before...
Glad you figured it out.
Even people on non-IP diets like zucchini bread. Ours is just a little different!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #125  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

I keep feeling the need to try some of the recipes too but...I don't have an oven!! Grrr... it's driving me crazy. Oh well, the new kitchen design will be done soon so I can't complain about having a new kitchen, but this in between time is making me bonkers.

The upside though is that even if I wanted to make lasagne, breads, cookies, cakes, pies etc...I CAN'T!! lol
Old 09-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

lisa - it was your post with the zucchini that had me excited and led me to try muffins. Only I was not so smart as you since I could not even identify my vegetable correctly!

But I did get my veggies in, but cucumbers really do miss the flavor of zucchini. I guess I better find other way to cook with cucumber?
Old 09-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 221/209/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:

I was reading this thinking oh no I was looking forward to trying the Zuchini muffins! Life would be way less fun without stories like this!!
Old 09-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #128  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
lisa - it was your post with the zucchini that had me excited and led me to try muffins. Only I was not so smart as you since I could not even identify my vegetable correctly!

But I did get my veggies in, but cucumbers really do miss the flavor of zucchini. I guess I better find other way to cook with cucumber?
Oh you gave me my laugh for the day... I am glad I am not the only one that gets absent minded once in a while...
Old 09-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbott View Post
I keep feeling the need to try some of the recipes too but...I don't have an oven!! Grrr... it's driving me crazy. Oh well, the new kitchen design will be done soon so I can't complain about having a new kitchen, but this in between time is making me bonkers.

The upside though is that even if I wanted to make lasagne, breads, cookies, cakes, pies etc...I CAN'T!! lol
The recipes make a small amount. They could certainly be done in a toaster oven on "bake"
Old 09-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 298/262/150

Height: 5'4"

I had to jump in for a minute to tell the great news.....I weighed in today and was down another 4 pounds!!!!! That is 22 pounds total! I am so psyched!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #131  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Wow! Good for you, tha tis fantastic news, you are rocking this program My second weigh in is tomorrow..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2sparky View Post
I had to jump in for a minute to tell the great news.....I weighed in today and was down another 4 pounds!!!!! That is 22 pounds total! I am so psyched!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 221/209/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Congrats!!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #133  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Yesterday, I decided, like lighthouse101 to try zucchini muffins using chocolate pudding mix.

Now, somewhere all this IP stuff must have addled my brain because I used cucumber instead of zucchini. Oh, well, laughter is good for us, much better than (ick) cucumber muffins!
That's hilarious! And I would have eaten them too.....no way I'd waste an IP packet! But I WILL be careful when I try making the zucchini muffins!

Quote:
That is GREAT!! Congratulations! I hope my next weigh-in is as successful!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 252/235/150

Height: 5 foot 3

Today was my 4th weigh in and I was down 3lbs this week for a total of 17 in a month! I definitely think my mini goal of 25lbs by the end of September is going to happen.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #135  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Great results, it sounds like you will meet your goal..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaT View Post
Today was my 4th weigh in and I was down 3lbs this week for a total of 17 in a month! I definitely think my mini goal of 25lbs by the end of September is going to happen.
Closed Thread