Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 224.5/217/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! I'm so happy to have found this site. August 26th was the day I started to change my life. Loving everything about IP so far. My first weigh in was on Monday and I was down 7.5 pounds. I was lucky enough to join with a friend, she also lost 7.5!

I can't wait to sit down and do lots of reading to learn all I can.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #167  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Congrats and welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilaura View Post
Hello everyone! I'm so happy to have found this site. August 26th was the day I started to change my life. Loving everything about IP so far. My first weigh in was on Monday and I was down 7.5 pounds. I was lucky enough to join with a friend, she also lost 7.5!

I can't wait to sit down and do lots of reading to learn all I can.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #168  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Great job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgieMoon View Post
Hi,
i just had {my week 4 weigh in and am down another 2.2 for a total of 17.2 pounds! I hope you all are wll and have a great weekend plan!

}}hugs{{

M.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
That's so exciting @slownstead, yay! I need to back track and read how I can get a tracker too. I think I remember reading it takes so many posts.

Tomorrow will be my 2nd WI however, I started on a Wednesday and changed my WI days to Saturday AMs as I'd like to WI early. So, really, my 3rd wk started on Wed. Anyway, I'm happy to WI tomorrow and also pick up my new food for the wk (variety).

Does anyone have any problems with feeling a bit flat? I still feel tired and flat at times (not as energetic as wk 1), not sure why?? Hmm..
I felt very tired and flat my first week, too. My coach said it was from my body detoxing and getting in to ketosis. I started feeling beter on Day 6, and ended up with a 10.6 pound loss in week one, so hang in there!\
Old 09-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #170  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

I have just been "killing it" on the weight loss with the IP Diet. I started IP on July 30 and have not cheated once! As of today I am down 30.5 pounds (and nearly 6" off my waistline and 10" off all three of my measurements) in 39 days. I am losing an average of 0.78 pounds per day and about 1" off my waistline per week (simply amazing numbers).

I feel like the Wicked Witch of the East ... "I'm Melting!"

Last edited by Avalon1957; 09-10-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #171  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
You have to give it 20 days, and must have 20 posts, before your "Edit Signature" will show up.

Actually, today is my 18th day on IP (but started on this forum a few days earlier, so reached my 20 days today!), and I kind of got a 'second wind' and am starting to feel MORE energetic than week 1! Are you getting your water and salt in?
Thanks for the tip, I'll be patient and soon I shall earn my ticker @Slownsteady!

I am feeling better today, it could have just been my work week; exhausting to say the least. I definitely get my water and salt in and even try to go above and beyond. Your right, it's a matter of seeing to it that those things are consistent and, staying patient. I need to be easier on myself. We all do, right? Patience is key. I'll check in with everyone later - today is my 2nd WI and that's pretty exciting! Toodles
Old 09-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #172  
Taking it day by day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
I have just been "killing it" on the weight loss with the IP Diet. I started IP on July 30 and have not cheated once! So far I am down 30.5 pounds (and nearly 6" off my waistline) in 39 days. I am losing an average of 0.78 pounds per day and about 1" off my waistline per week (amazing numbers). I am like the Wicked Witch of the East ... "I'm Melting!"

@Avalon1957 That's nuts - super stoked for you!! Hard work pays off - keep it up; you're keeping others, like myself, motivated. Kudos!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #173  
Taking it day by day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgieMoon View Post
I felt very tired and flat my first week, too. My coach said it was from my body detoxing and getting in to ketosis. I started feeling beter on Day 6, and ended up with a 10.6 pound loss in week one, so hang in there!\
@midgiemoon - thanks for your input; appreciate the feedback. I was definitely curious how others were feeling and now both you and @slownsteady have made me feel better and to be easier on myself and let it happen. I think this foggy feeling will shake off once my body has adapted the plan. Cheers!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #174  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I have just been "killing it" on the weight loss with the IP Diet. I started IP on July 30 and have not cheated once! So far I am down 30.5 pounds (and nearly 6" off my waistline) in 39 days. I am losing an average of 0.78 pounds per day and about 1" off my waistline per week (amazing numbers). I am like the Wicked Witch of the East ... "I'm Melting!"
Absolutely AMAZING Avalon1957! You are ROCKING it!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #175  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

I posted this on the weekend thread, but thought it worth repeating here in case anyone missed it on the other thread.

Someone recently asked if they are not hungry, if they can just skip the 3rd IP packet for the day. I attended a session yesterday with the MD head of the program speaking and he addressed this. He said, in every case, you should ALWAYS get that third packet in. The reason? The body will first use available carbs for energy, then go on to use protein and fat stores. Since there are limited carbs available on IP, the protein and fat stores are used instead. If there is not enough protein intake, the body will break down lean muscle along with fat for it's energy needs. If you supply the body with adequate protein (the 3 IP packets and 6-8 oz of protein serving), it will not break down lean muscle, and instead use more fat. So, taking in the prescribed amount of protein will protect your muscle mass from being broken down and promote fat burning for energy! So, be sure to get all of your IP packets and protein allowance in, you'll be doing yourself a favor!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #176  
Serial Dieter

Thank you KareVT and SlowNSteady! I am just shocked how fast the weight and inches have come off. Not cheating at all in these first 39 days was key I am sure. I also continued to do my exercise bike (30 mins) every morning and my yoga ball back stretches and stomach crunches every morning all through Phase 1 -- I think I needed that since I get no exercise and little movement the rest of the day due to a desk/computer job.

My rates of loss are bound to slow down eventually (as you get thinner your base metabolic rate drops) -- but so far I am holding pretty close to the steep linear regression lines.

In any case, I can't believe that I am starting to get "hour-glassy" at 295 pounds! I didn't think that was possible.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 09-09-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #177  
Taking it day by day!

Quote:
Thank you KareVT and SlowNSteady! I am just shocked how fast the weight and inches have come off. Not cheating at all in these first 39 days was key I am sure. I also continued to do my exercise bike (30 mins) every morning and my yoga ball back stretches and stomach crunches every morning all through Phase 1 -- I think I needed that since I get no exercise and little movement the rest of the day due to a desk/computer job.

My rates of loss are bound to slow down eventually (as you get thinner your base metabolic rate drops) -- but so far I am holding pretty close to the steep linear regression lines.

In any case, I can't believe that I am starting to get "hour-glassy" at 295 pounds! I didn't think that was possible.
@Avalon1957 & @Slownsteady - your threads today ooze positivity and such truth; made me smile to read, thank you for all that you share. And, EVERYONE for that matter. Couldn't stay sane and OP without all you guys.

Slownsteady - thanks for the re-post. I don't know how anyone could skip the 3rd IP pack. I look forward to every meal and my one daily restricted. I try to eat every 4 hrs (sometimes I can stretch it but others I can not). And, I stay armed with all of the food that I need to stay OP. If that means making several trips to the market throughout the wk to keep it fresh, so be it, I'm committed!

@Avalon1957 - such an AWESOME feeling to reclaim a figure and one's hour glass shape; you're gonna be so BUFF in no time at all. Props to you for staying OP for 39 days straight; truly inspiring. I am the same as Slownsteady, or maybe we are one day apart, I'm kicking off Day 18 today and feeling groovy. Just had my 2nd WI and here are my stats:

Wk 1: 8.8 -7"
Wk 2: 4.6 -3"
Total: 13.4 -10" *woot woot!*
Old 09-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #178  
Serial Dieter

KareVT, Superb two week numbers!!

You are beating my 2 week numbers!! Which shows you what kind of killer track you are on! Keep it up. We are rooting for you!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #179  
Taking it day by day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
If anyone is looking to buy a blender/smoothie maker, Target has a Hamilton Beach Smoothie Maker/blender that has all the regular blender settings, but also has a timed smoothie setting that automatically pulses a few times, then blends, then turns itself off. It works GREAT! Also has a pour spout, which is perfect for my morning smoothies!
@slownsteady: two things, firstly, THANK YOU for starting this thread, i love it and it's fun to check in with my fellow August-IP-2013 comrades. Many thanks for keeping this going.

2nd - I've been looking around at the various blenders out there. I too was recently at Target (no Target in Vermont but I often go to CT to visit my folks and always plan at least 2 visits to Target) and was checking out blenders. Great to hear your review as that has helped me zero in on the one I want to check out next time - Hamilton.

I really want to make a smoothy like the ones that have been highly recommended out there. What's your favorite(s)? Everyone and all, please respond.

Thanks,
K
Old 09-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #180  
Taking it day by day!

Quote:
KareVT, Superb two week numbers!!

You are beating my 2 week numbers!! Which shows you what kind of killer track you are on! Keep it up. We are rooting for you!
@Avalon1957 thanks for the vote of confidence; appreciate your words of encouragement more than you know. this week was sorta tough - stress at work was starting to make my mind wander but I would never stray off plan this early in the game nor, do I intend to at all. There are so many temptations out there and while the cravings have subsided tremendously (really aren't there at all) they will always exist. Right now, I intend to stay on track but, it's all you guys who give me the strength - WE so got this one; let's drive it all the way to goal!
Closed Thread