Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #316  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

I am such a late meal eater. While some of you are thinking about eating your last meal at 4:00, I'm usually just finishing my lunch! I work out of my home and I'm not too hungry in the morning so I eat my breakfast around 11:00. Then lunch at about 3:30 or 4:00 and dinner about 7:30. I save my restricted bar for nighttime while catching up on my favorite shows on my DVR around 9:30. I'm always the hungriest at night so this schedule works best for me.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #317  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
I am such a late meal eater. While some of you are thinking about eating your last meal at 4:00, I'm usually just finishing my lunch! I work out of my home and I'm not too hungry in the morning so I eat my breakfast around 11:00. Then lunch at about 3:30 or 4:00 and dinner about 7:30. I save my restricted bar for nighttime while catching up on my favorite shows on my DVR around 9:30. I'm always the hungriest at night so this schedule works best for me.
Like you I work out of my home now, and I'm single, so I can be very flexible with my breaks and eating times. I'm not particularly hungry when I first get up either, and tend to want something to eat while watching TV after dinner. So your schedule appeals to me. I typically get up around 8:30-9am, so could easily postpone my 'main' breakfast until 11am (or even noon), with a couple of cups of decaf coffee or tea earlier to tide me over. Then have 'lunch' about 3:30pm and dinner around 7pm. I like that - I could see that working for me. The main reason I eat breakfast as early as I do is that I've always read/heard? that metabolically it's best to eat breakfast within 1 hr of getting up. Im curious to know whether anyone else has this belief, or if it's just another weight loss myth that I picked up during one of my earlier diets?

Last edited by evepet; 01-11-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #318  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Like you I work out of my home now, and I'm single, so I can be very flexible with my breaks and eating times. I'm not particularly hungry when I first get up either, and tend to want something to eat while watching TV after dinner. So your schedule appeals to me. I typically get up around 8:30-9am, so could easily postpone my 'main' breakfast until 11am (or even noon), with a couple of cups of decaf coffee or tea earlier to tide me over. Then have 'lunch' about 3:30pm and dinner around 7pm. I like that - I could see that working for me. The main reason I eat breakfast as early as I do is that I've always read/heard? that metabolically it's best to eat breakfast within 1 hr of getting up. Im curious to know whether anyone else has this belief, or if it's just another weight loss myth that I picked up during one of my earlier diets?
I've heard that too on many diets but I also just recently heard that it's not necessarily true. For me, my schedule works for my lifestyle and makes this diet doable and I'm still having success on this diet. I do have a husband and kids but my husband has been a great help with preparing meals for the kids and himself (we all eat different things at dinner but that's a whole 'nother story!) I'll sometimes eat later than them but I'll still sit at the dinner table with them, sipping my water.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #319  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Catch this thread before it falls off page 1.

Been lurking a lot. Adjusting to retirement, trying to organize, put things for sale, and plan my veggie gardens for this spring.

My jeans were getting a little loose. Went to a couple thrift shops and bought the next size down. Two of the four pair are as loose as the previous size. Bummer. I was hoping to be able to wear them more than a few weeks. Try another pair tomorrow.

Have a great OP weekend, all.

Molly
Old 01-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #320  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Thanks all for the grats on the whoosh fairy visit. I've missed her. Sending her out to make rounds to all of you.

I'm so looking forward to this weekend. Not doing anything - planned that is. I went shopping for a new pair of jeans to fit into. I found some I can get on, but aren't comfy to wear yet. Once they get loose I have several pair of the size down from there to wear, so jeans/pants should be all set till I'm about to goal I'd guess.

Wow I'm sleepy. Have a great night all,
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #321  

Good morning all! I'm going to venture out today and go grocery shopping. This is a big step for me and my knee.
HALFAGAIN wow, almost near your goal jeans! How exciting! Trying to keep up my professional attire and it is getting expensive. Thank God for JC Penney and clearance sales!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenbf View Post
I had my first weigh in on Monday and I was down exactly 8.0 lbs. and 3 inches. I am happy with that.

My MIL gave me 48 packets of IP food yesterday. She tried it, went on a trip, and never picked it back up again.

On the dehydrator front...I like the spinach, don't like the kale, do like zucchini. Cherry tomatoes taste great but they stick to your teeth!
Great WI! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Great job! I always found that time between lunch and dinner the most difficult time of day on phase 1. My DH kept joking that I wanted dinner at 4 pm.
I have the same problem, and sometimes I'll take my snack, a chocolate shake, split it into thirds, pour into small pyrex dishes and freeze them. I eat one around 3, a second around 5, dinner around 6:30, last cup around 9. It really helps keep my blood sugar even and the cravings minimal. I also buy a pound of ground turkey breast and make 8 2oz patties, cook them all, freeze them and take out 1 or 2 as needed during the day when I really need to eat and just subtract that from dinner protein.

Started buying casein protein powder (Elite brand from netrition.com) and using that in my morning coffee as it is a slow digesting protein (vs whey, which is fast digesting). It becomes very thick, very fast, feels like a rich creamer in my coffee. One serving provides enough creamer for 3 c of coffee and keeps me fuller longer than my whey protein did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Whoosh Fairy came to call this week. I'm still thinking she may rethink all that, but the scale is what it is. I will take it! Down 5.1 lbs this week. After over six months being OP, to have that big of loss amazes me.
HalfAgain, What an amazing whoosh! Congrats and enjoy!

Quote:
Hi everyone. I'm still hanging in there. Haven't been particularly 'talkative' as everything is pretty much 'same as'. Weight is down at my old goal again, and I'm now working on getting off some additional lbs... established 145 as my new goal.

When I first signed up for IP, the coach started me out on 4 packets/day with one being used as a snack around that time. I think it was because I've been used to having a snack around that time for years. I sometimes save 1 cup of my daily vegetable allottment and eat it with some WF sip, or sometimes have some scrambled egg whites with a small amount of sauteed celery in it. Actually, now that I'm this far into things, I'm thinking I should start exercising around that time of day on the elliptical, that way I could eat a 4th alternative packet afterward legitimately.

Everyone - have a great day.
I think the best thing about exercising is that extra packet!

Last edited by Chloe222; 01-12-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #323  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Good morning all! I'm going to venture out today and go grocery shopping. This is a big step for me and my knee.
HALFAGAIN wow, almost near your goal jeans! How exciting! Trying to keep up my professional attire and it is getting expensive. Thank God for JC Penney and clearance sales!!!
Hi maezy,

Was wondering how your shopping trip went today. I hope it was another step forward for you.

Sitting in an AutoZone parking lot on my Netbook. DH needs a wheel bearing for the Corvair he is working on. Wants to have it available when there is working time again as he has to work in the open in the front yard and rain is in our forecast.

WI today. Lost another 1.8# I'll take it as I know it's getting slower as I have just a few more pounds left.

Hope everyone is okay. This thread is a bit quiet.

Molly
Old 01-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi maezy,

Was wondering how your shopping trip went today. I hope it was another step forward for you.

Sitting in an AutoZone parking lot on my Netbook. DH needs a wheel bearing for the Corvair he is working on. Wants to have it available when there is working time again as he has to work in the open in the front yard and rain is in our forecast.

WI today. Lost another 1.8# I'll take it as I know it's getting slower as I have just a few more pounds left.

Molly
Great job Molly! You have really done so well, your wonderful!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #325  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Missing you AWOLers! You know who you are..
I'm here...lurking sometimes, but due to not doing well (diet-wise), haven't been posting much. Embarrassed, & very disappointed with myself. Just can't get the cravings under control. I've told a number of people that success in losing weight and maintaining the loss is 90% in your head...and I seem to have lost that mental edge. Have gained a few lbs (maybe 7?), but still in same sizes. Gave up on P1 since I wasn't sticking to it; back to P3 as of today. Joining a gym on Tuesday; I think my knee is ready for exercise.

Quote:
Whoosh Fairy came to call this week. I'm still thinking she may rethink all that, but the scale is what it is. I will take it! Down 5.1 lbs this week. After over six months being OP, to have that big of loss amazes me.
[COLOR="darkgreen"]FABTABULOUS HALFAGAIN!!!!! Congratulations![/COLOR]

Quote:
The main reason I eat breakfast as early as I do is that I've always read/heard? that metabolically it's best to eat breakfast within 1 hr of getting up. Im curious to know whether anyone else has this belief, or if it's just another weight loss myth that I picked up during one of my earlier diets?
I don't know the reasons behind it, but IP wants us to eat breakfast within one hour of getting up in the morning.

Quote:

Molly
Hi Molly! You're planning your veggie garden already? Must be you're going to plant one in Georgia rather than in MI???

Congrats to you on the WI! Nearly 2 lbs 2 weeks in a row isn't it now? That is awesome!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #326  

Quote:
Hi maezy,

Molly
Hey Molly!
Congrats on your WI~~~ My shopping trip was another eye opening experience. I needed new PJ's and ended up buying 2 pairs of 12-14 pj bottoms. I just stood there numb. Of course they are all stretchy but the 16-18 were just too big.
A work associate of mine texted me today and is starting IP on Monday. She said that she was doing it because I was so inspirational in my weight loss.
me? me? wow! I was so touched
Old 01-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #327  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I'm here...lurking sometimes, but due to not doing well (diet-wise), haven't been posting much. Embarrassed, & very disappointed with myself. Just can't get the cravings under control. I've told a number of people that success in losing weight and maintaining the loss is 90% in your head...and I seem to have lost that mental edge. Have gained a few lbs (maybe 7?), but still in same sizes. Gave up on P1 since I wasn't sticking to it; back to P3 as of today. Joining a gym on Tuesday; I think my knee is ready for exercise.

Hi Molly! You're planning your veggie garden already? Must be you're going to plant one in Georgia rather than in MI???

Congrats to you on the WI! Nearly 2 lbs 2 weeks in a row isn't it now? That is awesome!
Sorry to hear you're off track. Makes me sort of afraid to face maintenance. I'm not sure what it'll be like for me. The thought of cravings scare me. After a year, I'm so used to how Phase 1 makes us feel.

I am planning the garden for Michigan. Since I have no idea what I want to do and will go into "analysis paralysis" very soon and be lucky if I'm ready by mid-May when they say the last possible frost date is. Some of the veggies I want to grow will require being started indoors for 4-6 weeks before they are hardened and planted outside. Plus, I'm doing raised beds so I need to plan what goes where. Got to build the beds when we get up there and have a well drilled on that property. See, need lots of time and planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Hey Molly!
Congrats on your WI~~~ My shopping trip was another eye opening experience. I needed new PJ's and ended up buying 2 pairs of 12-14 pj bottoms. I just stood there numb. Of course they are all stretchy but the 16-18 were just too big.
A work associate of mine texted me today and is starting IP on Monday. She said that she was doing it because I was so inspirational in my weight loss.
me? me? wow! I was so touched
Congrats on the NSV of the small size pjs and double congrats on being an inspiration to someone. Sometimes we just don't realize the impact we make on others, we stay too in-focused. I'm proud of you.

Molly
Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #328  

Molly thanks so much! that means a lot coming from you!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 AM   #329  
6/26/12 start 355

I'm proud of all of us. 100% OP, those that want to/get back to 100%, and yes those that are 80%. We are all here reading, posting, getting inspired, inspiring others. We can and will find ways to make this life style change WORK in our lives. NSV, inches lost, WI victories, researching, asking questions, answering questions, posting progress photos, (finding, creating, sharing, trying) recipes, and just finding new ways to make this program work - they all help. Bottom line is - we ROCK! You know a week you do not gain, is a week you maintained the loss. A week you gained and you still WI and acknowledged that gain is setting yourself up to get that gain back off.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #330  
6/26/12 start 355

What were you doing a year ago at this time? How far have you come since then? Where do you want to be physically/mentally a year from now?

At the risk of TMI - Here's what I see.
A year ago - I was fat and thought I was happy. I was not healthy, I was in pre-diabetes status (family history and my overall health was headed to diabetes no question about it). I had no idea I would even start dieting again in my life, and I was in denial. I didn't go out to social events or stores, I played computer games, and hated going anywhere that had stairs, hills, or even a long walk from the parking lot. We ate take out probably 5 days a week with various meals. I was in fear that work would ask me to travel, as flying was a horrible nightmare at my size. Tying my shoes was a chore - I bought/wore slip on shoes. Clothing was shapeless tent styles. My legs always had wounds healing because my skin itched so bad and I would scratch. It has been that way since my teen years - getting worse over time.

In June one evening, going to dinner with some coworkers I saw how well a friend was doing on IP. Something inside me just made up my mind to try dieting again. I don't know what it was, or how it happened, but I was willing to try. I got off on the wrong foot and ordered from an on line company - I didn't know about clinics or coaches, but in the end it was a blessing, as I started out on alternative IP products and thats been great for me. I found 3FC about a week after my order was placed, and I learned so much from everyone here. Today I've lost 116 lbs. I love going out to meet friends, shopping for groceries, clothes, Costco... just getting out of the house and going somewhere is fun! Who knew? My skin has cleared up, my complexion is so much better than I can ever remember, my fingernails are strong and smooth. If it were not for loose skin, I'd say I'll be wearing shorts to show off my pretty - clean - smooth - healthy skinned legs. I have so much more energy.

My goal is 195 lbs or end of June 2013. If I'm not 195 before the end of June - I will be done with phase 1 regardless. This drives me to do the best I can do to get as much weight loss I can before that time. There's no time to waste! If I end at 205, that's where I end. Honestly I feel so much better if I were to stop now I would still call this program and my progress a resounding success.

A year from now, where do I want to be? I will be under 200 lbs and maintaining. I will have confidence in my ability to maintain, and know what things I need to do to keep my weight in the range I desire. I will have invested in cloths that I know I will be able to wear for years to come. I will continue to be part of 3FC as I will need support, to keep my focus, and to keep up with the new ideas. I will be exercising and doing more physical activities. I will probably still have loose skin issues to deal with, as I do not plan on changing that until I have stabilized my weight for a few months after going into maintenance.

Last edited by Halfagain; 01-13-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Closed Thread