Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #466  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hey guys! I finally came out of hiding!
You look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Someone posted in another thread today that their coach says they need to have a min of 6 hrs uninterrupted sleep to stay in ketosis.
I've heard of some wacky things come out of coaches mouths, but this one tops them all. You stay in ketosis by what you eat, not how much sleep you get. Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Hi all..just joined in the IP forum in the last 10 days. Reading your posts is great...can identify with everyone and have an idiocynracy or two of my own to muss about and probably post for some laughs or input as time goes by.
I will be 65 in August. Was thin most of my young life...started gaining in middle age after hypo thyroid diagnosis and a switch to a fast paced high stress career. Retired for a few years now, but weight from the last 15 years seems to have me "stuck in the middle".. literally and figuratively. I learned about IP on a recent trip to Tx seeing living proof of a health professional who had lost a LOT and looked great. (My daughter's newborn's pediatric nurse practioner). This whole thing makes sense to me...and although I started out with a slow response because of being sick...I feel like it should work...and I feel like inches are dissolving. Reckoning with the fact.. loss will be slower than a younger person. I only lost 2.2 lbs the first week. second weigh in in a few days. I like what I read here...and am thinking I should reward myself with one of those bead charm bracelets...a bead for each mini goal.........and a spacer for each halfway mark.....

Best day to all of you!
Welcome to this great group.

Hi Ladies... Just checking in to see what's going on and make sure you are all behaving yourselves. Been busy here and enjoying my computer free time for now, but of course I think about you all even when I'm not here. I've been taking a little time off of IP, as I was starting to have a harder time stomaching all of the packets. I use to like them, but lately it was getting harder, so I decided to switch it up for a bit. I switched to the Dukan Diet for a month and it's going really well. I'm sure if I liked to cook like Rainbow, and I was more creative, I wouldn't have gotten so sick of IP. Two of the most important things I learned from IP: Don't stop till you are at goal and be creative with the packets. Keep on keeping on and love you all.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #467  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

65x65, Welcome!

I agree about the illness and having slowdowns, I had a cold and only lost 0.8 last week but then today lost 2.0 at my weigh in. I know there are slow weeks, but it is always reassuring when you have a solid loss after a slow week!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #468  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome 65x65!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #469  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

On the maintainers thread a while back we were talking about homemade soups, and evepet asked me to share any good recipes I came across. This is a P1 friendly chili recipe I made up myself, but could easily be added to for maintenance.

1.5 lb lean burger
2 cups LizRR’s Red Pepper Tomato Puree (does not have tomatoes in it - see LizRR's Puree thread)
8 oz tomato sauce
15 oz can fat free Swanson’s beef broth
14.5 oz diced tomatoes
1 cup chopped onion
Jicama, chopped small - I used about half a jicama
Ancho (poblano) pepper, chopped - about a half pepper
Sweet red pepper, chopped - lots!
Chili powder, cumin, salt & pepper, cinnamon - all seasonings to taste
This made a pretty good sized pot of chili. In maintenance you could add beans and more tomato sauce instead of the broth & puree.

I usually don't use recipes when making soups/stews, and didn't measure most of the veggies added above. You could also add mushrooms or grated cauliflower.

Last edited by greeniris; 01-22-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #470  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
You look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Dana. Nice to see you here again. That's interesting about switching to the Dukan Diet. I've sometimes thought about that too. For now though, I'm still doing the IP thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
On the maintainers thread a while back we were talking about homemade soups, and evepet asked me to share any good recipes I came across. This is a P1 friendly chili recipe I made up myself, but could easily be added to for maintenance.

1.5 lb lean burger
2 cups LizRR’s Red Pepper Tomato Puree
8 oz tomato sauce
14.5 oz diced tomatoes
1 cup chopped onion
This made a pretty good sized pot of chili. In maintenance you could add beans and more tomato sauce instead of the broth & puree.

I usually don't use recipes when making soups/stews, and didn't measure the veggies added above. You could also add mushrooms or grated cauliflower.
Thanks GreenIris. That looks good. I'll definitely try it. These cold days call for hot soups, stews, or chili. Wind chills of -25 Celsius are too cold for me!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #471  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quick, quick. DH wants to get in the hot tub, but I wanted to say hi and welcome to 65x65 (I'm only a bit behind as I will be 64 in May). Hi to Dana, was thinking of you this afternoon. Probably about the time you posted. jampoo, read your weather report to DH since we're working on getting up there near you. He was not pleased, but knows it will be like that. Hi to all the others, but it's time for the hot tub now.

Molly
Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #472  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Quick, quick. DH wants to get in the hot tub, but I wanted to say hi and welcome to 65x65 (I'm only a bit behind as I will be 64 in May). Hi to Dana, was thinking of you this afternoon. Probably about the time you posted. jampoo, read your weather report to DH since we're working on getting up there near you. He was not pleased, but knows it will be like that. Hi to all the others, but it's time for the hot tub now.

Molly
have fun in the hot tub!!! dvds arrived back hope you enjoyed downton!! hugsssssssssssssss
Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
65x65, Welcome!

I agree about the illness and having slowdowns, I had a cold and only lost 0.8 last week but then today lost 2.0 at my weigh in. I know there are slow weeks, but it is always reassuring when you have a solid loss after a slow week!
Good job on the loss Alison, and I made that rolled up chicken recipie, I loved it I'm making it again tommrow, thanks for posting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post

1.5 lb lean burger
2 cups LizRR’s Red Pepper Tomato Puree (does not have tomatoes in it - see LizRR's Puree thread)
8 oz tomato sauce
14.5 oz diced tomatoes
1 cup chopped onion

I usually don't use recipes when making soups/stews, and didn't measure most of the veggies added above. You could also add mushrooms or grated cauliflower.
Yumm this sounds good, I'll be trying this too!

Quote:

Molly
Nice! Hot tubbing!

Glad you had a good time and stayed OP Fishette.
Dana so nice to here from you let us know how your doing often we miss you!
Welcome 65x65 you will love it here.
Hi jampooh and Lisa and everpet and Halfagain and rainbow and everyone I love you all!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #474  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
have fun in the hot tub!!! dvds arrived back hope you enjoyed downton!! hugsssssssssssssss
Love downtown abbey Rainbow! I just watched season 1 on Netflix. Are there more to come?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #475  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Love downtown abbey Rainbow! I just watched season 1 on Netflix. Are there more to come?
season 2 is on dvd and season 3 is currently airing on pbs on sunday nights
season 4 has been signed on to and a prequel is rumored to be in the works as well
Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #476  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
season 2 is on dvd and season 3 is currently airing on pbs on sunday nights
season 4 has been signed on to and a prequel is rumored to be in the works as well
Love it! Am so excited I will be ordering the DVD right away!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #477  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Morning everyone! Been missing for a few weeks, things have been so hectic with my Mom but hopefully it's all going to go smoothly now. Have been trying to stay OP and my clothes are fitting as they did before but I haven't jumped on the scale in a few weeks, will wait for my WI on Friday.

It has been so cold here, yesterday it got down to -14 with the wind chill. Still no snow in the Windy City but they have said that most of our snowfall seems to happen after January 17th. Suppose it's something to look forward to...NOT!

Have a wonderful day everyone, stay warm and cozy.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #478  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Love it! Am so excited I will be ordering the DVD right away!
I love it too. We're now getting Series 3 on my cable network in Canada... comes on at 9pm on Sunday. I couldn't help wishing at the end of last Sunday's program that it would go on for another hour. One hour of Downton Abbey goes too fast!! I really look forward to watching it on Sunday nights.

-----------------

Hi everyone!

I was surprised this morning when I measured myself.... I don't do it all that frequently, and found that I'm -2 inches less through the waist than I was last time I measured. That helps to explain how the jeans finally fitted. Also when I view my 'sideview' these days, I can tell that the belly fat that was so determined to hang on is FINALLY leaving. Another 5 lbs will do it I think.

Going to be a busy workday today, so won't be around much. At least being busy will keep in away from the fridge, and focus my attention.

Hope everyone has a good day. And a warm one.... temp right now is -25 degrees C. And that's the temp - not the wind chill factor. I see tomorrow the wind chill will make it feel like -32 degrees C. Wow! Brrr.... sure glad I don't have to work outside these days.

Cheers.

Last edited by evepet; 01-23-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #479  
began IP May 25

Quote:

Molly
Bring the hottub with you, Molly, when you move to MI. Will help make the transition somewhat easier for your DH. I will say this is the coldest winter we've had in a few years. My folks live near Harrison, which is closer to where your cabin is, and they only have about 3" of snow right now, but same temps.

Hi everyone! Not much going on here, just wanted to check in and say hi. Brought some of my chili for lunch today with a bit of shredded veggie cheese on it, and a big salad. This morning my big breakfast was 2 eggs on toast w/slice of veggie cheese, a cup of strawberries, and a small glass of Silk Almond milk (low fat). With one exception nearly every day, maintenance is going pretty well. Still struggling with the choc addiction...

MRI is scheduled for Saturday evening (I know - weird time, isn't it?!) Really hoping I won't need surgery on the knee, but suspect I will. Seems like every day it's getting a bit worse, mostly in the evenings and when I wake up in the morning.

Break time is over, so back to work. Have a good day!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #480  
began IP May 25

Quote:
I love it too. We're now getting Series 3 on my cable network in Canada... comes on at 9pm on Sunday. I couldn't help wishing at the end of last Sunday's program that it would go on for another hour. One hour of Downton Abbey goes too fast!! I really look forward to watching it on Sunday nights.

-----------------

Hi everyone!

I was surprised this morning when I measured myself.... I don't do it all that frequently, and found that I'm -2 inches less through the waist than I was last time I measured. That helps to explain how the jeans finally fitted. Also when I view myself in silhouette these days, I can tell that the belly fat that was so determined to hang on is FINALLY leaving. Another 5 lbs will do it I think.

Going to be a busy workday today, so won't be around much. At least being busy will keep in away from the fridge, and focus my attention.

Hope everyone has a good day. And a warm one.... temp right now is -25 degrees C. And that's the temp - not the wind chill factor. I see tomorrow the wind chill will make it feel like -32 degrees C. Wow! Brrr.... sure glad I don't have to work outside these days.

Cheers.
CONGRATULATIONS Evepet!!! Awesome loss through the waist! Glad to hear your tummy is now getting smaller
Closed Thread