Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #301  

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenbf View Post
I'm just now seeing that you are from Baton Rouge, maezy1! Me, too!

Did you get nervous with the tornado warning this morning?
Oh my gosh yes!!!! the sky was so weird this morning! that orange to yellow to grn/grey to black was just plain ol scary!!! My poor dog has thunderstorm anxiety and is currently hiding behind the couch. I almost joined her! How are you? did you flood? we are managing but I will be glad for 2 dry out days before ti all starts up again
Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Yesterday was the first time I got hungry and wanted to cheat. It was about 4:30 and I just decided to go ahead and eat my evening protein. That worked. I got past the craving and had vegetables at my regular evening meal time. Crisis averted!
Hi Karenbf, I sure understand about having those cheat feelings, and have been able to stay away from any big screw ups, although I have gotten in a bit of a slow loss the last few weeks and I'm sure it's because I have a hard time not having just a tiny taste or lick of DH ans DS's food, but it really does slow down progress so my new goal is to stop, don't let this happen to you. Teena

Well I was down 1 lb and I'll take it. But next week I'm hoping to improve no tastes or licks for me, I seem to remember saying that before.... But today is a new day!

Last edited by Yesmyqueen; 01-10-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #303  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Yesterday was the first time I got hungry and wanted to cheat. It was about 4:30 and I just decided to go ahead and eat my evening protein. That worked. I got past the craving and had vegetables at my regular evening meal time. Crisis averted!
Great job! I always found that time between lunch and dinner the most difficult time of day on phase 1. My DH kept joking that I wanted dinner at 4 pm.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #304  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hi Karenbf, I sure understand about having those cheat feelings, and have been able to stay away from any big screw ups, although I have gotten in a bit of a slow loss the last few weeks and I'm sure it's because I have a hard time not having just a tiny taste or lick of DH ans DS's food, but it really does slow down progress so my new goal is to stop, don't let this happen to you. Teena

Well I was down 1 lb and I'll take it. But next week I'm hoping to improve no tastes or licks for me, I seem to remember saying that before.... But today is a new day!
That it is, and a new week! You got this GF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Great job! I always found that time between lunch and dinner the most difficult time of day on phase 1. My DH kept joking that I wanted dinner at 4 pm.
Oh gosh, I'm looking for dinner at that time of day too! Breakfast I'm not hungry (may be an issue in maintenance I dunno), I tend to do my shake or whatever around 10 ish, lunch at 1, and dinner well 4. Hey look at that, every three hours...hmmm.... snack is usually veggies or pickles (guess those are veggies too) and my "candy bar". I dink most of my water in the afternoon/evening too.

I resorted to celery today with my hungries. I focused on the crunch and freshness of it. DH salts his celery - I can't do it.. naked.. that's how I eat it! Mmmm Mmmm (I kept telling myself that- sort of worked) I have a few WF dips about I suppose I could try as well.. but didn't think about them today. Oh my old standby when I was really hungry and needed something hot - is egg whites scrambled with some bell pepper, zucchini, spinach, whatever veggies look promising to help out. I like a bunch of hot sauce on there too. Makes me feel naughty eating something hot and tastey but it's legal.

Missing you AWOLers! You know who you are..

Last edited by Halfagain; 01-10-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #305  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

hey barb, i made a delicious celery cucumber salad...i got the recipe here:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...ipe/index.html
i added peeled, cut in half length wise and seeded, then sliced cucumber and it was great even without the walnuts and parmesan

i'm hanging in there ladies....headed to florida 2morrow 2 see my mom since we didn't get to see her at christmas
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #306  

RAINBOW[/B] have a great time in FL.
LIZZIE & HALFAGAIN so glad that I'm not the only one wanting something in between lunch and dinner. I have my restricted item then and just have to get my mind off of the food. It's always been th most difficult time of the day for me but I am determined to conquer it. I haven't cheated on IP and I refuse to give in but darn!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #307  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
hey barb, i made a delicious celery cucumber salad...i got the recipe here:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...ipe/index.html
i added peeled, cut in half length wise and seeded, then sliced cucumber and it was great even without the walnuts and parmesan

I'm hanging in there ladies....headed to florida 2morrow 2 see my mom since we didn't get to see her at christmas
Oooo that looks good! I printed it out.. will give it a try, after I replenish my stores of celery Have a fabulous visit with your mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
RAINBOW[/B] have a great time in FL.
LIZZIE & HALFAGAIN so glad that I'm not the only one wanting something in between lunch and dinner. I have my restricted item then and just have to get my mind off of the food. It's always been th most difficult time of the day for me but I am determined to conquer it. I haven't cheated on IP and I refuse to give in but darn!!!!
We can do it! I have had to move dinner up or for a while there. I have also switched my main protein meal at lunch and packet for dinner. Also you can split your protein portion up and have some at lunch with a packet, and some at dinner. I switch around what works depending on how hungry I am, what's in the house to fix (or if I'm out if we stop to eat on the road - what's on the menu that I can eat, might be protein for lunch, might be salad). Anyway it's a juggling act for me often. I work from home, so that helps a whole bunch.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #308  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Quote:
Bravo Karen! Good for you for listening to your body and doing the sensible thing rather than using it as an excuse to cheat! You rock!

I am starting to feel more normal and getting over my cold. Maybe now I can attack some of those errands that I have put off for the past week! Amazingly enough, they are still there waiting for me to do, LOL!

I see my cardiologist this week. It is his office that is running the IP program. He has us visit him every 20 pounds that we lose. I am suspecting that he will cut my blood pressure medication again. Fingers crossed!

VERY HAPPY it is Friday! Hello weekend!! Enjoy everyone!!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #309  
6/26/12 start 355

Whoosh Fairy came to call this week. I'm still thinking she may rethink all that, but the scale is what it is. I will take it! Down 5.1 lbs this week. After over six months being OP, to have that big of loss amazes me.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #310  

HALFAGAIN you just amaze me!!! Your progress is incredible. Congrats on the whoosh fairy coming to see you!

I had the MOST wonderful, feels like cheating, dinner last night! I did the IP friend chicken with gravy! OMGOSH!!! I made regular fried for my hubby cuz I wasn't willing to give up anther packet and he could not tell the difference btwn the 2 plates!! He tasted both and then said "which one is mine?" I thought surely I had eaten too much but I know that I didn't.
My knee is doing better today. I am getting cabin fever. It is raining Again this morning in Baton Rouge.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #311  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone. I'm still hanging in there. Haven't been particularly 'talkative' as everything is pretty much 'same as'. Weight is down at my old goal again, and I'm now working on getting off some additional lbs... established 145 as my new goal.

Rainbow - have a good visit with your Mom.

HalfAgain - great WI! That's fantastic for being 6 mos into the program.

Allison - glad that you're feeling better.

Maezy - your chicken sounds delicious. I'll have to try that. More rain coming your way?... wow, just what you don't need, eh? Glad the knee is 'cooperating'.

YesMyQueen, Karenbf, Lizzy63, HalfAgain - Like you guys, I also struggle with the feeling of really wanting something between lunch and dinner... for me it's around 3:30pm. When I first signed up for IP, the coach started me out on 4 packets/day with one being used as a snack around that time. I think it was because I've been used to having a snack around that time for years. I sometimes save 1 cup of my daily vegetable allottment and eat it with some WF sip, or sometimes have some scrambled egg whites with a small amount of sauteed celery in it. Actually, now that I'm this far into things, I'm thinking I should start exercising around that time of day on the elliptical, that way I could eat a 4th alternative packet afterward legitimately.

Everyone - have a great day.

Last edited by evepet; 01-11-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Whoosh Fairy came to call this week. I'm still thinking she may rethink all that, but the scale is what it is. I will take it! Down 5.1 lbs this week. After over six months being OP, to have that big of loss amazes me.
that's wonderful and no wonder your menu is so perfect, so happy for you! And I usually don't weigh at home but I've been having a bit of trouble so I weigh this morning and my scale is moving in the right direction so yes the WOOSH FAIRY is alive and well, yippie!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #313  

Quote:

And So.Much.Deserved.
You are Rockin' this plan!

Oh, and I've had some pretty darn early dinners from time-to-time myself (with huge lettuce salads that day).

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-11-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #314  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
WOW!!!!! Great job!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #315  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Quote:
Congratulations! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
HALFAGAIN you just amaze me!!! Your progress is incredible. Congrats on the whoosh fairy coming to see you!

I had the MOST wonderful, feels like cheating, dinner last night! I did the IP friend chicken with gravy! OMGOSH!!! I made regular fried for my hubby cuz I wasn't willing to give up anther packet and he could not tell the difference btwn the 2 plates!! He tasted both and then said "which one is mine?" I thought surely I had eaten too much but I know that I didn't.
My knee is doing better today. I am getting cabin fever. It is raining Again this morning in Baton Rouge.
Would you mind sharing the recipe for IP fried chicken and gravy? I must have missed it if it was posted before. Thanks!
Closed Thread