Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #391  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
I wish I had YOUR employer!... mine cut costs by cancelling our water cooler and water deliveries, so now I have to lug 3 liters of water to work everyday
I lug 2 liters plus I have a Brita filter bottle at work so I can run water from the faucet thru it. I use a Brita pitcher at home.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #392  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
We hear posts about not the best clinics and coaches, I just want to say my coach and clinic are great. Got seven packages or equal to one box of food for free when hit 50# loss, how supportive is that?
As you know, we go to the same clinic...I got a free box when I reached 50 lbs, and another free one when I went to P4! My only complaint about this clinic is they don't keep up on the new info put out by IP. Both the coaches there told me they learned quite a bit from me. (Oh, I wish they offered a 'Maintenance' class too, like some clinics.)

I still go in once a month for WI. Should help with accountability.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #393  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I lug 2 liters plus I have a Brita filter bottle at work so I can run water from the faucet thru it. I use a Brita pitcher at home.
I use a Brita pitcher at home too. Water tastes just fine, and I prefer to avoid the use of all that plastic.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #394  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
As you know, we go to the same clinic...I got a free box when I reached 50 lbs, and another free one when I went to P4! My only complaint about this clinic is they don't keep up on the new info put out by IP. Both the coaches there told me they learned quite a bit from me. (Oh, I wish they offered a 'Maintenance' class too, like some clinics.)

My coach told me that only the business owner has the online access to all the updated info. So, if it is the doctor, she would need to share with coaches. There are also trainings to send people to, but it depends on whether the clinic spends the $ to send their coaches or not.
My coach is the biz owner for the IP biz and she is also a regional rep. I ask a lot of questions & she's been pretty forthcoming with info, which helps me understand why I hear some of the crazy things I hear.
My mom used your clinic, too. They did things just a little different than my coach does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I use a Brita pitcher at home too. Water tastes just fine, and I prefer to avoid the use of all that plastic.
I use refillable liter bottles. I don't like to generate a lot of waste, either!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-17-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:

Yes I too have brought ideas and info from here to them. Have you asked about a maintenance class? I'm sure you have. I'm not there yet but might be something they would do if more people ask for it. Of course you may need to teach it, your doing well. I think the challenges you have had lately are real life and we all need to face real life and know it is normal.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
I wish I had YOUR employer!... mine cut costs by cancelling our water cooler and water deliveries, so now I have to lug 3 liters of water to work everyday
Glad I work at the hospital, we have filtered cold water in each pantry on the unit and also in the cafe.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
We hear posts about not the best clinics and coaches, I just want to say my coach and clinic are great. Got seven packages or equal to one box of food for free when hit 50# loss, how supportive is that?
That's wonderful a free box, I love my coaches, I have 2 and both are on the same level, I too have taken info from here and shared with them that they were unaware of, and I get a free item every week that I bring my menu book, but I have been tricking them I haven't filled out a menu book ever since I started using MFP, they used to look at it in the beginning but now they know I'm a good girl and haven't asked, although they do ask lots of questions, they just give me a free item every week.

Quote:

I can and plan on going to my coaches for life if that's what it takes to keep me from gaining back, and they said that's fine with them, Maby every two weeks and then monthly, but there's no extra charge, nice! And I would love a maintence class when I get there.

Had my WI today and was down 3.2 lbs, yea! Haven't had that good a loss in a while, so I'm going to keep up some of the small changes I have made so I can hopefully keep up the momentum. I also met a new friend today who is thinking about doing IP, and I think she is joining up this weekend, so Maby we will see her here soon.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #398  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

I'm off to another universe early in the morning...

I'm working the kitchen for a church retreat called Chrysalis for teenage boys. I'm working from 8am Friday until 4pm Monday. Food and snacks, food and snacks, keep those calories coming because they can't seem to get full!

This is very different from my day job in an office wearing a stuffy suit all day. Should be fun and tiring. I'm staying on P1 until I get back. That will help keep me from indulging. At least having kitchen duty means I can be sure to have the food I want to eat handy!

Probably no Internet there, so I'll let you know if I'm still alive and kicking on Tuesday.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #399  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

OK, tried two new things today!

First, I told you guys earlier that I went through this month's Better Homes and Gardens and wanted to try a modified version of a chicken recipe they had. Well, had that tonight - FABULOUS! You pound down a chicken breast, mix about a tablespoon of one of the WF fruit spreads (I used strawberry) with about an equal amount of spicy brown mustard (I use Harris Teeter house brand.) Then you spread the mixture on one side of the chicken breast and roll it up. Then put spicy brown mustard all over the outside. Then sprinkle with crushed rosemary (the recipe called for thyme but I couldn't find it in my cabinet so I substituted.) Bake for 45 minutes at 350. YUMM!

At lunch, I finally (after not quite 5 months) made the leek soup and I had leftover cauliflower for my veg, so I made cauliflower-leek soup. OMG yummy! Can't believe I haven't heard more comments about how good that leek soup is! I am going to buy some next week. I really felt like I was eating a bowl of potato leek soup!

That's it! Next I will try the chicken curry soup with rutabagus, I will probably make that on Saturday, so I will let you know!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #400  
Started IP 01/01/13

S/C/G: H-247/S-187.2/ C-137.2/G-125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I use a Britta too and just refill the bottles I carry back and forth, but I forgot about Britta filter bottles... that's a great idea! Or, I could take advantage of the exercise program by boss (inadvertently) set up and keep lugging my bottles to work!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post

I'm working the kitchen for a church retreat called Chrysalis for teenage boys. I'm working from 8am Friday until 4pm Monday. Food and snacks, food and snacks, keep those calories coming because they can't seem to get full!

This is very different from my day job in an office wearing a stuffy suit all day. Should be fun and tiring. I'm staying on P1 until I get back. That will help keep me from indulging. At least having kitchen duty means I can be sure to have the food I want to eat handy!

Probably no Internet there, so I'll let you know if I'm still alive and kicking on Tuesday.
What you are doing is wonderful! I wish you a wonderful time!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #402  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi, 50+ers!! Been spending most of my time in the maintainers thread, but had to check in on my friends here... I found you on page 2 - how the heck did that happen?!

Looks like many of you are doing well and moving closer to goal. Looking forward to seeing you in the maintainers thread.

I am holding steady, give or take a pound or so, but not going to let down my guard - I will keep tracking on MFP so things don't get out of control. I feel like I may need to always do that so I can know when I need to balance things out with a lower calorie day...
Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Hi, 50+ers!! Been spending most of my time in the maintainers thread, but had to check in on my friends here... I found you on page 2 - how the heck did that happen?!

Looks like many of you are doing well and moving closer to goal. Looking forward to seeing you in the maintainers thread.

I am holding steady, give or take a pound or so, but not going to let down my guard - I will keep tracking on MFP so things don't get out of control. I feel like I may need to always do that so I can know when I need to balance things out with a lower calorie day...
Hi Lizzy, so glad to here from you and your doing great, I look at your menu quite often. Keep up the great job!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #404  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Yes I too have brought ideas and info from here to them. Have you asked about a maintenance class? I'm sure you have. I'm not there yet but might be something they would do if more people ask for it. Of course you may need to teach it, your doing well. I think the challenges you have had lately are real life and we all need to face real life and know it is normal.
I did ask about a maintenance class. Not something they do. Instead you will meet with the Dr. for a 1-on-1 to go over things. Thank you so much for thinking I could teach one of those classes! With the way things are going for me in maintenance, it would be hard to stand up in front of a group about to start maintenance and be honest with them about just how difficult it is for me. On the other hand, I AM keeping things within a range - it's just a little higher than what I'd like it to be...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
That's wonderful a free box, I love my coaches, I have 2 and both are on the same level, I too have taken info from here and shared with them that they were unaware of, and I get a free item every week that I bring my menu book, but I have been tricking them I haven't filled out a menu book ever since I started using MFP, they used to look at it in the beginning but now they know I'm a good girl and haven't asked, although they do ask lots of questions, they just give me a free item every week.

Had my WI today and was down 3.2 lbs, yea! Haven't had that good a loss in a while, so I'm going to keep up some of the small changes I have made so I can hopefully keep up the momentum. I also met a new friend today who is thinking about doing IP, and I think she is joining up this weekend, so Maby we will see her here soon.
CONGRATULATIONS TEENA!!! Will you share what the tweaks are that you made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
OK, tried two new things today!

First, I told you guys earlier that I went through this month's Better Homes and Gardens and wanted to try a modified version of a chicken recipe they had. Well, had that tonight - FABULOUS! You pound down a chicken breast, mix about a tablespoon of one of the WF fruit spreads (I used strawberry) with about an equal amount of spicy brown mustard (I use Harris Teeter house brand.) Then you spread the mixture on one side of the chicken breast and roll it up. Then put spicy brown mustard all over the outside. Then sprinkle with crushed rosemary (the recipe called for thyme but I couldn't find it in my cabinet so I substituted.) Bake for 45 minutes at 350. YUMM!

At lunch, I finally (after not quite 5 months) made the leek soup and I had leftover cauliflower for my veg, so I made cauliflower-leek soup. OMG yummy! Can't believe I haven't heard more comments about how good that leek soup is! I am going to buy some next week. I really felt like I was eating a bowl of potato leek soup!

That's it! Next I will try the chicken curry soup with rutabagus, I will probably make that on Saturday, so I will let you know!
Thanks for the new recipe! I love chicken, but always interested in new ways to prepare it. I liked the leek soup too, but didn't have it often - gave me really bad breath! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post

Wow - what a change from your daily routine! Bet you have a blast!

Last edited by greeniris; 01-18-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #405  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post

Hey Lizzie, thanks for checking in and giving me a picture of maintenance. I have learned that this journey I am on is lifelong whether I like it or not so I'm going to like it!

Well I am 4 weeks out from surgery and got permission to start walking 1/2 a mile slowly! This is such a big deal for me!! I did some retail therapy and had the best time! I found a shirt that I wanted and tried it on and it fit! It was a size 16! I started at a 24W...so excited.
Closed Thread