Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies! I look forward to getting to know ya'll and sharing any tips/successes/recipes, etc. Rainbow, I've seen several of your recipes and all I can say is WOW! You are something in the kitchen!! Thank you so much for sharing all of your wonderful concoctions!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Sharon
Old 11-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Lovely new picture greeniris, you look so good!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #468  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Tis the season for comfort food - between that and stress, I think that's why my determination is fluctuating so much lately, along with the # on the scale. Haven't had anything I'm not supposed to have either, but ...le sigh (as Rainbow would say)...these alternate behaviors to stay out of the kitchen just are not as satisfying these days. HOWEVER - wearing size 8 jeans and size Sm/Med tops makes up for it!!! So I am still OP, and will stay that way for at least 2 more weeks. (COME ON Whoosh Fairy!!! LOL)
You are doing so awesome Green Iris, I'm sure you will get that Whoosh Fairy enticed to your house soon. Keep it up! Great new photo too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
Good morning, everyone. Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Sharon and I've been on IP for a little over 3 weeks and am loving it.....
Welcome! I'm glad you are here. The first week is the toughest imho. Congratulations on your decision and dedication.

Thanks Rainbow, Geeniris, and Yesmyqueen and anyone I missed, for the comments on the new photo. The new shirt is a different style - not sure how I feel about it style wise but I love the silky material. Tonight I'm in my fingerless mitts, sweater, and fuzzy slippers along with my other cloths. Thinking about starting a fire in the fireplace.. or crawling under the bed covers to warm up. I'm leaning for the bedroom. I know a little schnauzer (aka my shadow -- named Missy) who would gladly join me there. She'll be 15 12/3/12.

Tomorrow, I'm making Kale .. with all the olive oil I'm due or at least more than I normally use (I skimp on the oil when kale making - for whatever mental reasons I don't understand). I recently tried the Proti-Diet roasted soy nuts and the BBQ soy nuts. I really like them. Bet they would be good in/on a salad. So far I've just ate them right out of the bag. I'm having salad tonight and thinking naughty extra soy nut thoughts..... I think under the covers is the place to be for sure now.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #469  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Real quick hi, all.

Really rough day with work (I'm so ready to retire after today) and then grocery shopping from having been gone for 10 days. The frig was bare. And then coming home and cooking. It's already an hour past my bedtime and I was short on sleep from last night. 4 meetings tomorrow starting at 8AM. arrrrrg.

Miss you all taking care of all this other stuff.

Molly
Old 11-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #470  
t3b

S/C/G: 222/188/126

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone! I was wondering how is it I only eat on program and only loose 1# a week. I should be grateful for any loss; however this time of year (holiday treats) it is disheartening and makes me think of cheating. Any advice?
Old 11-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3b View Post
Hi everyone! I was wondering how is it I only eat on program and only loose 1# a week. I should be grateful for any loss; however this time of year (holiday treats) it is disheartening and makes me think of cheating. Any advice?
There could be a number of reasons.

But first let me say I noticed your post because you are my height. you must notice a tremendous difference in how you feel with the amount you have lost already.
i lost quite slowly, I think one reason was because of my height, another was because I am post menopausal.
Another big reson was not actually getting all the food in, particularly the veggies. Also using the allotted amount of oil to cook instead of pouring it on a salad because with cooking I wasn't getting it all.

Also having all my animal protein as chicken breast and white fish which meant I was down to too low fat.
Lots of people really credit good water intake for good weight loss.
My coach told me that the people who lost best were the ones who had a huge salad with lots of lettuce at lunch.
But i would think your great loss already would banish thoughts of cheating. it is harder to carry weight on a short frame.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #472  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone! Haven't posted in a few days, but I have been reading between running. Congrats on the losses and NSV's, all the new photos look amazing. Welcome to the new members too, it's a great forum and the women are so welcoming.

Have a great day everyone...running late this morning so I'm out the door! Cheers!!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #473  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Had to share NSV....my daughter and her roomate came over for dinner last night. Had not seen her in about 10 days, and when she walked in, she was like, "WOW, mom! You're shrinking!" I was a happy camper! And, I made a 100% OP dinner, (honey dijon chicken using WF HM dressing) & roasted vegies - the girls LOVED it! So excited. Thanks again for sharing all the amazing recipes - they really help!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #474  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

So excited because when I got on the scale this morning, it was 203.6 (this is stark naked weight not official weigh-in weight.) I am getting close to Onederland!!! OMG I will be so happy to reach that milestone! Hoping I can get there by Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #475  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
Good morning! Had to share NSV....my daughter and her roomate came over for dinner last night. Had not seen her in about 10 days, and when she walked in, she was like, "WOW, mom! You're shrinking!" I was a happy camper! And, I made a 100% OP dinner, (honey dijon chicken using WF HM dressing) & roasted vegies - the girls LOVED it! So excited. Thanks again for sharing all the amazing recipes - they really help!!!
Way to go, isn't the comments from our own children the sweetiest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
So excited because when I got on the scale this morning, it was 203.6 (this is stark naked weight not official weigh-in weight.) I am getting close to Onederland!!! OMG I will be so happy to reach that milestone! Hoping I can get there by Thanksgiving!!
WOW girl, what a great loss, and yes so close to wonderland, your doing something right, keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3b View Post
No no no you will not be very happy with yourself if you cheat, mix it up, make something new, drink water, eat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Real quick hi, all.

Really rough day with work (I'm so ready to retire after today) and then grocery shopping from having been gone for 10 days. The frig was bare. And then coming home and cooking. It's already an hour past my bedtime and I was short on sleep from last night. 4 meetings tomorrow starting at 8AM. arrrrrg.

Miss you all taking care of all this other stuff.

Molly
Well glad to see you right back in the rat race, anyway glad your back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
You are doing so awesome Green Iris, I'm sure you will get that Whoosh Fairy enticed to your house soon. Keep it up! Great new photo too!

Welcome! I'm glad you are here. The first week is the toughest imho. Congratulations on your decision and dedication.

Thanks Rainbow, Geeniris, and Yesmyqueen and anyone I missed, for the comments on the new photo. The new shirt is a different style - not sure how I feel about it style wise but I love the silky material. Tonight I'm in my fingerless mitts, sweater, and fuzzy slippers along with my other cloths. Thinking about starting a fire in the fireplace.. or crawling under the bed covers to warm up. I'm leaning for the bedroom. I know a little schnauzer (aka my shadow -- named Missy) who would gladly join me there. She'll be 15 12/3/12.

Tomorrow, I'm making Kale .. with all the olive oil I'm due or at least more than I normally use (I skimp on the oil when kale making - for whatever mental reasons I don't understand). I recently tried the Proti-Diet roasted soy nuts and the BBQ soy nuts. I really like them. Bet they would be good in/on a salad. So far I've just ate them right out of the bag. I'm having salad tonight and thinking naughty extra soy nut thoughts..... I think under the covers is the place to be for sure now.
Aww I just love my dogs, I had a healer for 13 yrs and she was really the love of my life we had to put her to sleep this last year, I still have days where I cry for her, but I have my new little boy pepe and yes we're in love too, and I have a big beautiful dog part wolf who is just beautiful, he's a big baby, anyway you got me started. Ha Teena

Hope you all have a great day, I'm off to my WI, I'll be right back!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #476  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning! I'm 11 months shy of 50 but thought I'd pop in and say hi! I've been maintaining since April, but have missed the boards and now I'm back (mostly lurking).

My doctor started me on 20 mg of Prednisone 4 days ago for chronic sinus issues (I have inflamed upper sinus polyps-0% smell or taste for the past few months). Prednisone is the only thing that reduces the polyps (&surgery) temporarily. Unfortunately, it causes spikes in blood sugar & extreme hunger. The + side...I can taste & smell again! Yeah!! It's so wonderful to smell & taste all the nuances of food!!! The negative side, I gave in to a bowl of ice cream last night ( not my free day) so I'm on an unplanned Phase 1 today. Upping my protein to help with the blood sugar /cravings.

Hope you all have a great pre-Friday!!!!

xx Pam
Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #477  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Same here! I was 203.2 on my scale this morning and want to get to Onederland by Thanksgiving! I think we can make it!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #478  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Way to go, isn't the comments from our own children the sweetiest!

WOW girl, what a great loss, and yes so close to wonderland, your doing something right, keep it up.

No no no you will not be very happy with yourself if you cheat, mix it up, make something new, drink water, eat!

Well glad to see you right back in the rat race, anyway glad your back.

Aww I just love my dogs, I had a healer for 13 yrs and she was really the love of my life we had to put her to sleep this last year, I still have days where I cry for her, but I have my new little boy pepe and yes we're in love too, and I have a big beautiful dog part wolf who is just beautiful, he's a big baby, anyway you got me started. Ha Teena

Hope you all have a great day, I'm off to my WI, I'll be right back!
Love all the dogs and cats that have blessed me with their lives. Katie my black lab mix was with me 13years. I still miss her, but then would not now have Buster beagle cattle dog mix. He is so sweet! Bud the cat who was part of two with his sister Rose. Yes Rose and Bud from the same litter. Lost Rose Sept of '11. Bud is a big not fat orange tabby and such a cuddle baby.
WI yesterday 2# more. 1 more to 25 off, next week.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #479  

Height: 5'2"

help.... i am trying to order ideal protein packets on line while I am at work and can't remember the website. Iv'e ordered from them before, but my mind is blank....
Old 11-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #480  

Height: 5'2"

on another note.... I am thinking about moving to the next phase. i am now in the size jeans I put as a target, even thought I am still 6 lbs from the target weight? what do you think? My coach has not been really helpful in this area, she doens't even know what my targets were and has never asked. I still think of myself as "too heavy" but that is mostly in my head.
Closed Thread