Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #406  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindy57 View Post
So.....in between episodes of my new favorite show, Downtown Abby, I managed to cook dinner. Cauliflower Pork Fried Rice. So good, my husband never realized there was no rice in it! Ha Ha Ha!!!!
OH WOW!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #407  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
May at- what a great pattern. Too tough for me, I'm sure. But I'm glad you have this great skill!
I have a fabric stash, which rivals your yarn stash. I made a fleece red riding cape for my 21. Onth grand-daughter. Hope she likes it!
I am so amazed at the wonderful talents you ladies have.
I enjoy the recipes, too. I love the cauliflower rice, but I make it the lazy way. I wash and core it, then put it a large skillet. Then I take a long knife and whack it apart until the pieces are smallish. Then I cook it with a drip of oil, salt and water. I only cook it for a few minutes. I stir it on high, so I get some rosary color. Yum! I eat it often.
Truth be told... that is my style cooking and it sound awesome! ...and I have a fabric stash too = hand quilter working of three diff quilts right now... and an oil painter with such a stash of empty canvases and tubes of oils. Sigh. Jack of all trades and master at none! Smile...
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #408  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Bib #3 ... Bit of a Christmas look ... Plus a got a new model to try it on for me. Hopefully my daughter will send some baby pics instead!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (23.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 11-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #409  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Bib #3 ... Bit of a Christmas look ... Plus a got a new model to try it on for me. Hopefully my daughter will send some baby pics instead!
So cute!!! Both the bib and the model. Altought the pup looks like she thinks it may be beneath her dignity.
Pat
Old 11-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #410  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hello chicks, well here I am smiling at you finally, my son finally helped me, I definitely needed his help, felt like surgery just posting these, any way he said he will help me again after more loss.
You look fabulous, and what a difference. I've given up trying to post my pictures, I just can't figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
not sure yet....we are HOPING to go sometime between dec 22 through dec 26 and flight tickets are pricey because this was a last minute plan, so probably driving. i really want to go to NYC...but dh doesn't! he wants to go upper michigan...why i have no idea!! except he says SSM has the best track record for snow on christmas day. dh parents gave us some money for christmas early for a trip, and we had wanted to go see them in england again, but we just went in may and the budget can't afford another overseas trips at this time.

oooo its almost downton finale time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad and excited all at the same time!!!
I've always wanted to be in NYC over Christmas, just to see the decorated windows, etc. Just finished watching the last episode of Downton that you sent me. LOVE LOVE LOVE that show, and Maggie Smith's character always makes me laugh. Can't wait for the Christmas episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
I LOVE your new model, and while not as cute as your granddaughter of course, but still absolutely adorable.

Busy weekend here, and this is the first time I've been able to get on here today. Hope everyone had a good Sunday and enjoyed the extra hour of sleep this morning.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #411  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post

I've always wanted to be in NYC over Christmas, just to see the decorated windows, etc. Just finished watching the last episode of Downton that you sent me. LOVE LOVE LOVE that show, and Maggie Smith's character always makes me laugh. Can't wait for the Christmas episode.

me too dana!!! so to the famous toy store fao schwarz, empire state bldg, take a ride in a horse drawn carriage!!! the christmas tree at rockefeller center, ice skating in central park, Bergdorf Goodman...Macys....Lord and Taylor....Barneys...Bloomingdales.... Holiday Window Displays!!!!

so much to see so much to do!!!! oooh now you are REALLY making me want to beg dh!!! haha

i am looking forward to downton abbey christmas special....might be a new baby on the way!!....or even here by then!!

had an amazing visit with my daughter!!! we went on a 20 mile bike ride and tee hee snicker snicker....SHE could NOT keep up with me!! she is half my age and i left her in my dust!! haha she was like, mamaaaaaaaaa....i loved it. dh hung back with her and i did some extra miles and then met back up. it was fun! she went on and on about that the whole time she was here! haha

when she first saw me, she squealed and said, omg....you are so LITTLE!!! listen....NO ONE has ever said i was little before!! and i do realize that i am NOT little, but i am way smaller! haha and then she hugged me and said, wow, i can put my arms all the way around you!! i've never been able to do that!!!!!!!!!!!! i just about lost it right there!...and had to hide my tears.

later, she told me how her MIL called her when she saw my post on FB...an was like, Kay-Teeee (in her southern drawl)....KT...have you seen your mom??? omg she looks gorgeous!!! she looks so good! she looks like a different person, KT....what is she doing?? haha now her MIL is a very nice christian lady, but boy can she be hoity toity and look down her nose sometimes so it was so funny that she was wanting to know what "I" was doing!!...haha

katie said over and over how proud she was of me...and it made me feel good for my daughter to be proud!!

when we went bike riding, i had on capri's, and i was tying my shoes on and my daughter said, i dont think i've ever seen your legs!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA...... DH and I cracked up!!! she was so serious!! and you knwo what, its true, i NEVER wore shorts or capris....it was always long pants or long dresses with stockings. hahaha things you just don't think about.

she complimented me the entire weekend. kept saying things like omg...your face is so small and pretty, your tummmy is flat! you have no double chin.

when we sat in the sunroom, she sat on the sofa and i sat in one of our white wooden rocking chairs (which is actually a porch rocking chair from cracker barrel....) and she said, OMG YOU CAN FIT INTO YOUR CHAIR???? you see, i have had these chairs for years!!....and could never FIT into them!!!

as you can see...it was an amazing weekend!! she surely made me feel great!!! then the "Pièce de résistance" was when she told me her dad (whom divorced me) said to her last week, katie, as you get older, you look just as lovely as your mother...and she said omg dad, have you seen mom??? and she showed him my photos and he said to her, wow, WOW....oh my gosh!!... she looks so "curvy" and she looks beautiful and happy!! she always was beautiful to me....and i thought, boooyah!!! that made my day....a jealous ex!! haha (that is so bad of me!!)

it was a great weekend!! still loving seeing that 2!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 11-05-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #412  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Hello chicks, well here I am smiling at you finally, !
not sure if you got your message or not...but you look so lovely and you are adorably cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love your new photos!! you are doing so well....keep it up!!! i can't wait to get as skinny and sexy as you are!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #413  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Good morning chicks, I really want to thank you all for the nice comments about my pics, it does feel good to hear the great comments. Thank you so much. I was nervous at first ya know, exposing yourself and all, but when you see before and now pics side by side, well it feels really good! Can't wait to see what it will feel like closer to goal.
Rainbow sounds like you had a wonderful time with your DD, and you totally deserve all the great compliments, I just loved when I saw my son last and compliments from your children are the best ones!
I cut and prepped all kinds of veggies yesterday, it feels like little presents in my fridge. Love it, all ready for a great week.
You guys are the BEST! Have a great day!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #414  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
me too dana!!! so to the famous toy store fao schwarz, empire state bldg, take a ride in a horse drawn carriage!!! the christmas tree at rockefeller center, ice skating in central park, Bergdorf Goodman...Macys....Lord and Taylor....Barneys...Bloomingdales.... Holiday Window Displays!!!!

so much to see so much to do!!!! oooh now you are REALLY making me want to beg dh!!! haha

i am looking forward to downton abbey christmas special....might be a new baby on the way!!....or even here by then!!

had an amazing visit with my daughter!!! we went on a 20 mile bike ride and tee hee snicker snicker....SHE could NOT keep up with me!! she is half my age and i left her in my dust!! haha she was like, mamaaaaaaaaa....i loved it. dh hung back with her and i did some extra miles and then met back up. it was fun! she went one and one about that the whole time she was here! haha

when she first saw me, she squealed and said, omg....you are so LITTLE!!! listen....NO ONE has ever said i was little before!! and i do realize that i am NOT little, but i am way smaller! haha and then she hugged me and said, wow, i can put my arms all the way around you!! i've never been able to do that!!!!!!!!!!!! i just about lost it right there!...and had to hide my tears.

later, she told me how her MIL called her when she saw my post on FB...an was like, Kay-Teeee (in her southern drawl)....KT...have you seen your mom??? omg she looks gorgeous!!! she looks so good! she looks like a different person, KT....what is she doing?? haha now her MIL is a very nice christian lady, but boy can she be hoity toity and look down her nose sometimes so it was so funny that she was wanting to know what "I" was doing!!...haha

katie said over and over how proud she was of me...and it made me feel to for my daughter to be proud!!

when we went bike riding, i had on capri's, and i was tying my shoes on and my daughter said, i dont think i've ever seen your legs!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA...... DH and I cracked up!!! she was so serious!! and you knwo what, its true, i NEVER wore shorts or capris....it was always long pants or long dresses with stockings. hahaha things you just don't think about.

she complimented me the entire weekend. kept saying things like omg...your face is so small and pretty, your tummmy is flat! you have no double chin.

when we sat in the sunroom, she sat on the sofa and i sat in one of our white wooden rocking chairs (which is actually a porch rocking chair from cracker barrel....) and she said, OMG YOU CAN FIT INTO YOUR CHAIR???? you see, i have had these chairs for years!!....and could never FIT into them!!!

as you can see...it was an amazing weekend!! she surely made me feel great!!! then the "Pièce de résistance" was when she told me her dad (whom divorced me) said to her last week, katie, as you get older, you look just as lovely as your mother...and she said omg dad, have you seen mom??? and she showed him my photos and he said to her, wow, WOW....oh my gosh!!... she looks so "curvy" and she looks beautiful and happy!! she always was beautiful to me....and i thought, boooyah!!! that made my day....a jealous ex!! haha (that is so bad of me!!)

For all of those reasons I want to go to NYC for the holidays. Maybe next year!

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your daughter, and lots of very sweet compliments. Nothing better!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #415  
IP Start 9/5/12

S/C/G: 195/167/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

had an amazing visit with my daughter!!! we went on a 20 mile bike ride and tee hee snicker snicker....SHE could NOT keep up with me!! she is half my age and i left her in my dust!! haha she was like, mamaaaaaaaaa....i loved it. dh hung back with her and i did some extra miles and then met back up. it was fun! she went on and on about that the whole time she was here! haha

katie said over and over how proud she was of me...and it made me feel good for my daughter to be proud!!

What a great weekend with your daughter! I can dearly imagine how good that made you feel, and her, also. What a great thing for her to experience her mom getting smaller and healthier by the minute! I'm really happy for you.....the ex-husband thing - priceless!!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #416  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good morning chicks, I really want to thank you all for the nice comments about my pics, it does feel good to hear the great comments. Thank you so much. I was nervous at first ya know, exposing yourself and all, but when you see before and now pics side by side, well it feels really good! Can't wait to see what it will feel like closer to goal.
Rainbow sounds like you had a wonderful time with your DD, and you totally deserve all the great compliments, I just loved when I saw my son last and compliments from your children are the best ones!
I cut and prepped all kinds of veggies yesterday, it feels like little presents in my fridge. Love it, all ready for a great week.
You guys are the BEST! Have a great day!
Hi Fabulous @ 50+ers!

This weekend was insane for me and I just wasn't able to check in as much as I normally do. I spent most of yesterday visiting with relatives - sister & her husband/brother & his wife/another SIL... and had some good visits. My brother who had the knee replacement surgery almost two weeks ago is doing really well.

I was gratified to receive lots of compliments about how slim and trim I'm now looking. Lots of NSVs! Gotta love that.

Nothing else in particular to report - mostly just wanted to check in and say 'Hi!' to everyone.

Rainbow - sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your daughter!
YesmyQueen - love your pictures!

I hope all of you are having a great day.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #417  
Feed Your Freedom

thanks twindy and dana and evepet!!
so glad to hear your brother is doing well evepet!

hope everyone is having a great day!!
we got our christmas tree up yesterday and putting on the finishing touches tonight!!

heading to ohio for thanksgiving....camping in a cottage in a state park....thankfully they are making a wonderful thanksgiving bash...with lots of compliant foods!!! IP is easy when traveling!!!

still no final plans for christmas travel....i'm still pulling for nyc!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #418  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

we got our Christmas tree up yesterday and putting on the finishing touches tonight!!

heading to ohio for thanksgiving....camping in a cottage in a state park....thankfully they are making a wonderful thanksgiving bash...with lots of compliant foods!!! IP is easy when traveling!!!

still no final plans for Christmas travel....i'm still pulling for nyc!!!
Wow! Christmas tree already!? You, my dear, have got the Christmas spirit.

Congrats on the nsv's, and thanks for sharing them. You deserve each one. Sounds like you had a lovely visit.

*sigh* I need a bigger house ... or less junk in the one I have. We've lived in the same home for 25 years. Lots of accumulation that could be reduced here.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #419  

Quote:

we got our christmas tree up yesterday and putting on the finishing touches tonight!!

still no final plans for christmas travel....i'm still pulling for nyc!!!
Christmas Spirit! Imagine that! You get extra time & I don't decorate at all. We'll be leaving Christmas Day for 2 weeks with friends in FL. Don't want to have to put it all away when we get home so I'm not gettin' it out!

Something to think about NYC this year: I have friends there. They really got hit hard by Sandy. It might be more like "normal" another year...?

Your post about your weekend with your daughter is ab fab! I was just thinking on my drive to work this morning I can't even put into words how I'll feel when I get to certain goals. You did such a great job of conveying your joy (even your rainbow colors conveyed it)

Thanks for sharing your joy with us!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #420  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Wow! Christmas tree already!? You, my dear, have got the Christmas spirit.

Congrats on the nsv's, and thanks for sharing them. You deserve each one. Sounds like you had a lovely visit.

*sigh* I need a bigger house ... or less junk in the one I have. We've lived in the same home for 25 years. Lots of accumulation that could be reduced here.
alas my secret is out!! I AM SUCH A BIG KID!! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! i love christmas music and sappy tear jerk christmas movies....you know the ones from hallmark!! and a few of my favorites are home alone 1 and 2!!

i love the lights and presents wrapped under a tree and buying surprises for everyone!!! i love giving gifts!!! i love christmas cards!!! i love the smell of pine...fresh cut pine!! ummmmmm!!!

and i love snow...but i love the rest of the year weather in the south!! hahaha i love a fire in the fireplace!!! but most of the time it doesn't get used until mid jan - feb!! haha

i love candles glowing and sipping hot cocoa!!! and watching you've got mail...or sleepless in seattle...of an affair to remember!!!

what can i say....i LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Christmas Spirit! Imagine that! You get extra time & I don't decorate at all. We'll be leaving Christmas Day for 2 weeks with friends in FL. Don't want to have to put it all away when we get home so I'm not gettin' it out!

Something to think about NYC this year: I have friends there. They really got hit hard by Sandy. It might be more like "normal" another year...?

Your post about your weekend with your daughter is ab fab! I was just thinking on my drive to work this morning I can't even put into words how I'll feel when I get to certain goals. You did such a great job of conveying your joy (even your rainbow colors conveyed it)

Thanks for sharing your joy with us!
well now....you have a very good point about NYC...i might have to rethink this!!!!nigel did suggest key west for christmas and i was like, R U KIDDING ME!!! i want some snow!!!

well when you meet your next goal, come back here and post your joy!!!
Closed Thread