Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #421  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

speaking of christmas cards.....does anyone want to do a christmas card exchange this year???? where we send christmas cards to each other???
Old 11-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #422  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

hope everyone is having a great day!!
we got our christmas tree up yesterday and putting on the finishing touches tonight!!

heading to ohio for thanksgiving....camping in a cottage in a state park....thankfully they are making a wonderful thanksgiving bash...with lots of compliant foods!!! IP is easy when traveling!!!

still no final plans for christmas travel....i'm still pulling for nyc!!!
A Christmas tree before Thanksgiving? Boy you really are into the holiday aren't you. Your plans sounds like a very fun way to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Quote:
alas my secret is out!! I AM SUCH A BIG KID!! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! i love christmas music and sappy tear jerk christmas movies....you know the ones from hallmark!! and a few of my favorites are home alone 1 and 2!!

i love the lights and presents wrapped under a tree and buying surprises for everyone!!! i love giving gifts!!! i love christmas cards!!! i love the smell of pine...fresh cut pine!! ummmmmm!!!

and i love snow...but i love the rest of the year weather in the south!! hahaha i love a fire in the fireplace!!! but most of the time it doesn't get used until mid jan - feb!! haha

i love candles glowing and sipping hot cocoa!!! and watching you've got mail...or sleepless in seattle...of an affair to remember!!!

what can i say....i LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

well now....you have a very good point about NYC...i might have to rethink this!!!!nigel did suggest key west for christmas and i was like, R U KIDDING ME!!! i want some snow!!!

well when you meet your next goal, come back here and post your joy!!!
I love watching all of those movies, especially You've Got Mail. Sounds like it's time to see what's streaming on Netflix.

We don't celebrate Christmas, but I also love that time of year with all that is going on. We will spend Christmas day doing what all Jewish people do on Christmas day...going out for Chinese food and a movie. The two places that are guaranteed to be open on December 25th. This year I have already informed everyone that we will be seeing Les Miserables as it's opening Christmas day. Can't wait. I did start my Hanukkah shopping this weekend, with just over a month to go.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #423  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

By the time I caught up on my 3FC reading, it got dark. Now it's awfully hard typing. Have a couple more hours on the road to where we will stay. Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm headed home.

Have a good Monday evening.
Molly
Old 11-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #424  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi all,

By the time I caught up on my 3FC reading, it got dark. Now it's awfully hard typing. Have a couple more hours on the road to where we will stay. Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm headed home.

Molly
yipeee!!!!! home is a lovely word!! we have MISSED YOU MOLLY!!!! drive safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #425  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Rainbow - so happy that you enjoyed your daughter's visit so much!

I am hooked on Downton Abbey. Done with season 2 and NEED TO KNOW what happens next. Anyone want to share their secret for viewing season 3? Thinking I can maybe log on to iTunes UK and do this somehow. It's killing me!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #426  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
yipeee!!!!! home is a lovely word!! we have MISSED YOU MOLLY!!!! drive safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a tough toss up now. The cottage is much more home (long story to do with DH - that's OUR place - the first time there was when we got married - purchased in mid-winter, but never had stayed there (all winterized by closing), not like the one in GA where I lived for 15 years before we got married and he just moved in). It gets harder and harder to leave up there. Got to organize in GA to get moved up to MI. It will complete the missing corner of our relationship.

Molly
Old 11-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #427  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
I cut and prepped all kinds of veggies yesterday, it feels like little presents in my fridge. Love it, all ready for a great week.
I love that concept - "little presents in my fridge."
Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #428  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Rainbow - so happy that you enjoyed your daughter's visit so much!

I am hooked on Downton Abbey. Done with season 2 and NEED TO KNOW what happens next. Anyone want to share their secret for viewing season 3? Thinking I can maybe log on to iTunes UK and do this somehow. It's killing me!
check your messages gf!!! and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #429  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

okay I get a gold star... I won't go on about it much, but the bread machine bread came out with that little bite still in the bottom of the pan - caught up by the hook. I didn't eat it. It was in my fingers, (yes lots of tempting descriptions go here). I sat it on the plate with the loaf that was cooling and walked away.

luckily my guys inhale fresh bread machine bread... I won't have to be tempted long.

I riced up two large heads of cauliflower today and put them in the dehydrator. The food processor we got for a wedding gift (almost 29 years ago now) is still working well. They don't build them like they used to. Anyway the process went well, but I think it chopped it finer than I had done with the grater. That might not be a bad thing for pancakes, not sure how it will work out for other dishes. We'll see. I put Kale on the grocery list.. I've been craving some lately.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #430  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
okay I get a gold star... I won't go on about it much, but the bread machine bread came out with that little bite still in the bottom of the pan - caught up by the hook. I didn't eat it. It was in my fingers, (yes lots of tempting descriptions go here). I sat it on the plate with the loaf that was cooling and walked away.

luckily my guys inhale fresh bread machine bread... I won't have to be tempted long.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOTALLY IN AWE OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #431  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

My clinic had a "try these recipes to make the holidays easier" night and treated us to small samples of the following -

"hummus" made with zucchini

stuffed mushrooms (used sw puffs for stuffing with other spices)

"cocktail" - pomegranate drink made with club soda

green bean casserole made with mushroom soup mix

roasted cauliflower mashed potatoes with IP potato puree mix

pumpkin pie pudding (vanilla and butterscotch puddings with pp spice)

"parfait" (chocolate and vanilla pudding layered with crushed up bars)

Very yummy and nice to meet a lot of the other people who are also OP.

I liked the hummus and the stuffed mushrooms the best. Those recipes might already be on here somewhere, but if anyone wants to see them I will post. It was a nice event, and it only took a little over an hour. They had drawings for prizes and you got an extra box of food if you could get someone to come with you.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #432  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

I riced up two large heads of cauliflower today and put them in the dehydrator. The food processor we got for a wedding gift (almost 29 years ago now) is still working well. They don't build them like they used to. Anyway the process went well, but I think it chopped it finer than I had done with the grater. That might not be a bad thing for pancakes, not sure how it will work out for other dishes. We'll see. I put Kale on the grocery list.. I've been craving some lately.
AMAZING WILLPOWER!! Don't know if I could do it...
Old 11-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Hi all,

Molly
Yea Molly's coming home! Glad to here it.
Quote:
speaking of christmas cards.....does anyone want to do a christmas card exchange this year???? where we send christmas cards to each other???
YES! Count me in, lets exchange cards instead of snowballs, they won't melt, ha. Good idea, now what do we do?

Quote:
It's a tough toss up now. The cottage is much more home (long story to do with DH - that's OUR place - the first time there was when we got married - purchased in mid-winter, but never had stayed there (all winterized by closing), not like the one in GA where I lived for 15 years before we got married and he just moved in). It gets harder and harder to leave up there. Got to organize in GA to get moved up to MI. It will complete the missing corner of our relationship.

Molly
Oh how nice it sounds, planing a move to your cottage together, how long have you been married?
Quote:

Way to go Halfagain, been there done that, yesterday I took a bite of DHs homade. Turkey pot pie, but I spit it out. Ick close call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
My clinic had a "try these recipes to make the holidays easier" night and treated us to small samples of the following -

"hummus" made with zucchini

stuffed mushrooms (used sw puffs for stuffing with other spices)

"cocktail" - pomegranate drink made with club soda

green bean casserole made with mushroom soup mix

roasted cauliflower mashed potatoes with IP potato puree mix

pumpkin pie pudding (vanilla and butterscotch puddings with pp spice)

"parfait" (chocolate and vanilla pudding layered with crushed up bars)

Very yummy and nice to meet a lot of the other people who are also OP.

I liked the hummus and the stuffed mushrooms the best. Those recipes might already be on here somewhere, but if anyone wants to see them I will post. It was a nice event, and it only took a little over an hour. They had drawings for prizes and you got an extra box of food if you could get someone to come with you.
What a great meeting to have all those Recipies to try, yes I would love to try some out, thanks.

Having a cup of hot tea and watching FB in front of fireplace, cozy and feeling great! Have a great evening all. Teena
Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #434  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:

Oh how nice it sounds, planing a move to your cottage together, how long have you been married?
Hi Teena,

DH and I have been married for 2 1/2 years now. We were best friends in high school and for a few years after (had classic cars in common then, too). We went our separate ways for 35 years. Not quite 3 years ago, he found me on facebook. He was in MO and I was in GA, one month later I flew to MO to see him (he was unemployed and had been for three years so I had more $$ to travel) anyway, he proposed to me that night and we were then married a month and 2 days later. Being unemployed he just brought his stuff and moved in where I had already been living for 15 years. It's just my place. He has to ask me where things are. Just not totally comfortable. The cottage in Michigan I had purchased just two months before he found me on facebook, but being it closed in December and the previous owner had winterized it and there was already 9" of snow on the ground, I hadn't planned to go an open it and stay until May. Of course, by then we were together and that was our honeymoon there. He feels it is ours since we stayed there first together and arranged and decorated it. I had originally bought it with the intent of retiring there. Now to get there together and make our life together more complete.

Molly
Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #435  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:

YES! Count me in, lets exchange cards instead of snowballs, they won't melt, ha. Good idea, now what do we do?

Way to go Halfagain, been there done that, yesterday I took a bite of DHs homade. Turkey pot pie, but I spit it out. Ick close call.

What a great meeting to have all those Recipies to try, yes I would love to try some out, thanks.

Having a cup of hot tea and watching FB in front of fireplace, cozy and feeling great! Have a great evening all. Teena
i would suggest if you want to exchange cards for the "holidays" Christmas or Hanukkah, to PM (private message) your address, do not post in the thread
Closed Thread