Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #331  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post

Your so 100% right rainbow, Halfagain, we are going to be on you about this, so don't even think about not tracking,slipping, licking, tasting,tripping or any thing of this nature, we have come so far together and care about each other to let any one drown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles;4516716 WHATEVER IT TAKES....I AM HERE FOR YOU....you have come so far and i am so proud of you and YOU KEEP ME PRESSING FORWARD....IF YOU CAN DO IT....i feel like "I" can do it!!! Just let me know how I can help!!![/COLOR
[/SIZE]
Well thank you both! Because I have no coach, and nobody checking to see if I've done any logging, I have a sort of scary proposition, about opening myfitnesspal to my friends. If you use the program, I show you mine, you show me yours.... the idea would be that someone might look to see if I'm tracking - not so much to critique my meals or water, but to see that we're working on tracking. In other words, if I decided to go hog wild and eat a snickers (not likely to happen), I'd still track it, but wouldn't want comments on 3FC about my log.. but a comment on myfitnesspal I wouldn't mind.. since I'd know who's looking there (I have to give friends individual access). I'd be willing to change trackers if needed too. Just saying this might help. It feels like I would be opening something fairly personal, but then again nobody really cares what I eat every day but me I suppose - it would be nice to have someone just tyeing in that yes, I am tracking.. regardless of what it is in there. My user name there is Halfagain (how original) if you think this could help you as well, we can support one another. If you aren't interested, it's fine.. I'll find my big girl panties and put them on (over my head perhaps, but they'll be on)
Old 11-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #332  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
thank you thank you!!! sure thing....maybe we need a bootcamp the week before thanksgiving!! hahahaha for sure we'll need one after!!
Sounds like a plan to me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
WI yesterday 4#Total 22# yippie! Keep on going on.
Great job!!!

Quote:
Also got through my first colonoscopy. Prep day yesterday and procedure this am all is well. Slept off the drugs all day. All 50 and over! Get your screening done its not that bad.
Happy to hear it all went well. I've been getting one every five years since I turned 40 because I lost my dad to colon cancer. Everyone here needs to have one since we are all over 50 now. The prep isn't great, but the test is nothing at all, really. They put you (lightly) out, so you don't feel a thing. You are generally in and home within two hours. Colon cancer is a very slow growing cancer, and so if caught early enough it's 100% curable. No one needs to die from colon cancer. So if you are "thinking" about it, or it's been five years since your last one please call and make your appointment today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning everyone! Down 2 from last Friday WI..just plugging along. Congrats to everyone with their losses and NSV's, so sorry to not mention everyone by post, but I do read and enjoy them all.

Have a wonderful day today, cold in Chicago. Running to Costco later for some RTD shakes and Detour bars, I'm totally out and those bars are my staple at night during tv time.

Will check back later....
Congrats on the loss, and I love those detour bars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I know for you northerners, this is not what would be considered SNOW, but rainbow wanted me to show if it snowed and it did for a while this morning. This puts us behind another day for mulching all the leaves before we leave on Monday. The picture looks out over our raspberry and asparagus patch we've planted to get started for when we're up here full time.

Hope everyone has a TGIF. Be OP.

Molly
That would be enough snow for me. The area looks beautiful Molly, enjoy!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #333  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
greeniris we will have post those snow picks when they come and we know they will. How far north are you in MI upper or lower peninsula ? I have lived in both. Grew up in Warren, college in Sault Ste. Marie and now Near Traverse City.
We are not that far apart! I live between Grayling & Gaylord. Originally from St. Johns, just north of Lansing. I go to Dr. K's clinic in Elk Rapids. Have been hearing it might be a rough winter this year. Guess we're due after last year being so mild.

Quote:
ooooo sault st marie....dh and i were thinking of visiting there for christmas...as i hear ot ALWAYS has snow at christmas....can you tell me more about it???
Rainbow, if you go to SSM, will you drive or fly? If driving, you will pass by within 1 mile of my home! We're not far off I-75. Would love to arrange to meet you!

Last edited by greeniris; 11-02-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #334  
began IP May 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Well thank you both! Because I have no coach, and nobody checking to see if I've done any logging, I have a sort of scary proposition, about opening myfitnesspal to my friends. If you use the program, I show you mine, you show me yours.... the idea would be that someone might look to see if I'm tracking - not so much to critique my meals or water, but to see that we're working on tracking. In other words, if I decided to go hog wild and eat a snickers (not likely to happen), I'd still track it, but wouldn't want comments on 3FC about my log.. but a comment on myfitnesspal I wouldn't mind.. since I'd know who's looking there (I have to give friends individual access). I'd be willing to change trackers if needed too. Just saying this might help. It feels like I would be opening something fairly personal, but then again nobody really cares what I eat every day but me I suppose - it would be nice to have someone just tyeing in that yes, I am tracking.. regardless of what it is in there. My user name there is Halfagain (how original) if you think this could help you as well, we can support one another. If you aren't interested, it's fine.. I'll find my big girl panties and put them on (over my head perhaps, but they'll be on)
I'd love to 'friend' you on MFP halfagain. My user name on there is greeniris31. Same goes, just check to make sure I'm tracking every day. Wish I didn't need the accountability, but I do find it really helps me stay on top of things.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

Sault Ste. Marie USA is a smaller town. But it is the oldest established city in MI older then Detroit. Home of the Lake Superior State University Lakers. If your there when school in there may be hockey game, fun to check out.
The Soo Locks are there but will be closed in the winter.
Sault Ste. Marie Canada in just across the International bridge (50years old this year). This is a bigger city. Fun thing to do is look online for Agawa canyon train tours. It's an all day trip on train up into Canadian wilderness. In the winter you stay on the train and see the beautiful snow, woods and sometimes wildlife. Train goes up and then the engine gets connected to the other end and takes you back. Be sure if you plan to go to Canada have your passport(best) or and enhanced drivers license. Check out customs rules on line to be sure.
If you come up there should be snow, but weather has been weird passed few years. We love the north and hope others do too. Welcome!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #336  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hello everyone, I'm happy to report I lost 2.8 lbs at my WI today, I'll take those numbers, thank you! On a little bit of a un-happy note my coach 's office is about 45 min away and I was so anxious to see my WI that I had a little led foot and got myself a nice little ticket of $91 ouch, o well live n learn, or as my mother used to say your living but are you learning? My DH is not to happy w me, said I'm grounded fr. Driving, we will see bout that, ha. But not gunna let a little bump in the road discourage me. Have a happy day y'all,Teena
I just realized I'm over half way! Yippie
'Ouch' to the ticket.... but Congrats on the -2.8lbs!

Quote:
WI yesterday 4#Total 22# yippie! Keep on going on.
Congrats!! You're doing great.

Quote:
Also got through my first colonoscopy. Prep day yesterday and procedure this am all is well. Slept off the drugs all day. All 50 and over! Get your screening done its not that bad.
Agreed - it's not that bad. There's a history of colon cancer in my family, and I'm due next year for what will be my 5th one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Congrats both on your losses! Hope I didn't miss anyone.

I am anxiously awaiting phase 2, and I especially can't wait for a phase 3 breakfast. I am usually a big eater in the a.m. and I miss my big breakfasts!

I am right at 34% BF now, so hopeful that Ill be at 30% when I hit 150 lbs. I have seen so many figures re what is the right % - don't know which one to believe!
I wish I was even in the 30's body fat % wise... I'm still in the low 40s! Can't figure out what's going on... I still have some belly to lose, but even 15 more lbs fat right from that area won't bring my body fat% down enough. Congrats on going into Phase 2... I'll be learning from you as you work through the phase-out stages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Congratulations... We need some kind of official happy dance! I flunked my first one and then required a 2 day prep. SO FUN!
Tisk, tisk..... flunked your first colonoscopy cleanse. The prep is definitely the hard part about the procedure. I'm sending you a to show I'm just teasing....

Quote:
:-) well the car realized it was carrying 1/2 the weight and just that much lighter, literally flew down the road! It was not your fault!!! Congratulations on the loss and the 1/2 way goal! Wha-hoo!!
Haha.... love it. Car got carried away with the 'light load'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
I went to P2 last Friday. I think I am still losing. I have been hungry every day, though. somehow I think that is normal. I am just chugging more water. I had an extra packet last night after some aerobic vacumming, as I knew I was going to be up past midnight waiting for cousins to arrive from the airport. My plan is to go to P3 next Friday, when we are in Atlanta visiting the kids, then doing 3 weeks of P3 till Dec. 1.
For what its worth...
Again, congrats for going into Phase 2. Interesting that you're finding yourself hungry. Not sure I like the sounds of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning everyone! Down 2 from last Friday WI..just plugging along. Congrats to everyone with their losses and NSV's, so sorry to not mention everyone by post, but I do read and enjoy them all.

Have a wonderful day today, cold in Chicago. Running to Costco later for some RTD shakes and Detour bars, I'm totally out and those bars are my staple at night during tv time.

Will check back later....
Congrats on the -2lbs! You know, I've never tried a Detour bar... guess I'll have to see if they're available in Canada.

Quote:
:rofl: thanks for the laugh today!!!

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]
first off let me say, you have done an amazing job!!! this slack in tracking hit me about week 21 and lasted almost 3 weeks and slowed my losses and on 1 week gave me a gain. IT IS SLIPPERY SLOPE!!!! DO NOT STOP TRACKING!!!
ITA - tracking is essential for me. I've been using fatsecret.com right from the start. Got a few new items delivered this am from thelowcarbgrocery and have already entered the data into my database there. Testing a couple of them today - one is a new protein bar - NuGo Peanut Butter Crunch. Also trying a new waffle mix - both low carb and non-gluten. I'll be adding protein powder to it to up the protein level. Speaking of which - I guess I'm better finish up this post and go make my lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I know for you northerners, this is not what would be considered SNOW, but rainbow wanted me to show if it snowed and it did for a while this morning. This puts us behind another day for mulching all the leaves before we leave on Monday. The picture looks out over our raspberry and asparagus patch we've planted to get started for when we're up here full time.

Hope everyone has a TGIF. Be OP.

Molly
Hi Molly. I wish you could keep the snow down your way. I'm definitely not a snow bunny, and I'm not looking forward to it. We'll soon have lots and lots. Raspberries & asparagus - yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Well, I suppose technically it IS snow, but not even enough for a snowball. Sorry the weather is not cooperating with your yard clean-up Molly. Even though I miss trees in our yard for the shade in the summer, I do NOT miss raking the leaves. When we get 'real' snow, I'll put up a pic for you rainbow.
LOL - I was thinking the same thing. I'll be able to send pics of LOTS of snow soon, if Rainbow wishes. (although I've got a camera problem right now... we'll see....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricon View Post
Hi ladies, just wanted to slip in and say hi. I have been doing better thanks to you guys. No more cheats as I was only cheating myself. I'm so thankful to have come across this site, you all inspire me to get my but in gear for sure. Thank you ladies
Welcome Bricon. This is a great place to hang out for motivation and support. Come share with us often.

Joysh - Missed sending you Birthday Wishes yesterday.... hope you had a great day!
-----------------------------

Good Day Everyone! Nothing special to report here, just wanted to check in. As I said above, got a delivery this am from thelowcarbgrocery so have a few new food items to test. Looking forward to that. And it's almost 1pm and I'm behind schedule for my lunch today.... gotta go and get my waffle ready!

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

greeniris does Darla go to ER clinic? She got rainbow's crab cake recipe from me and was also going to share it there. I have it easy, DrK's office is in the office building attached to the hospital. I make my appt before work since I go in at 3pm. When I worked midnights I stopped on my out. Hope all your WI days are clear roads.
I would love to meet up with you and rainbow if her trip allows her to.
I haven't figured out posting quotes, but wil.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #338  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
:-) well the car realized it was carrying 1/2 the weight and just that much lighter, literally flew down the road! It was not your fault!!! Congratulations on the loss and the 1/2 way goal! Wha-hoo!!
Maybe you can use that in court to contest the ticket??? I think it's a perfectly valid excuse!!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #339  
started IP 7/17/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I'd love to 'friend' you on MFP halfagain. My user name on there is greeniris31. Same goes, just check to make sure I'm tracking every day. Wish I didn't need the accountability, but I do find it really helps me stay on top of things.
Would love to friend both of you on MFP - can someone tell me how to do that????
Old 11-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #340  
began IP May 25

Quote:
greeniris does Darla go to ER clinic? She got rainbow's crab cake recipe from me and was also going to share it there. I have it easy, DrK's office is in the office building attached to the hospital. I make my appt before work since I go in at 3pm. When I worked midnights I stopped on my out. Hope all your WI days are clear roads.
Yes, I saw Darla yesterday as a matter of fact. And I saw her give that recipe to another customer while I was picking out my packets. They gave me a free box of food for reaching 50 lbs lost yesterday! A very nice surprise
Ok Rainbow - let us know when you're trekking north! Oh, I went on that train trip too, but in the summer. It is a long trip, but if you like the wilderness, it is really cool. At the end, we got to get out and walk around some before heading back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Would love to friend both of you on MFP - can someone tell me how to do that????
I'll check it out tonight Lizzy. Hopefully it won't be difficult; I am NOT a techy type of person. What is your user name on there? The same as here?

Last edited by greeniris; 11-02-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
I have been trying to get set up on MFP and somehow I'm locked out for now, I'm so new at all things computer and guess I put in my sign in or pass word wrong, so I'm walking away fr it for now, I'll try later, but I would love to be watching you and vice verca. Ha what a great idea, I'll let you know. Teena
Old 11-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #342  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
greeniris we will have post those snow picks when they come and we know they will. How far north are you in MI upper or lower peninsula ? I have lived in both. Grew up in Warren, college in Sault Ste. Marie and now Near Traverse City.
Wait, wait, don't forget me, the part-time Michigander. We are between Houghton Lake and Gladwin. Lived in MI until I was 16 (St. Ignace, Fowlerville, Farmington). Just had to come back to retire. jampooh, I have relatives over in Empire and up in Charlevoix nearer you.

Quote:
Sault Ste. Marie USA is a smaller town. But it is the oldest established city in MI older then Detroit. Home of the Lake Superior State University Lakers. If your there when school in there may be hockey game, fun to check out.
The Soo Locks are there but will be closed in the winter.
Sault Ste. Marie Canada in just across the International bridge (50years old this year). This is a bigger city. Fun thing to do is look online for Agawa canyon train tours. It's an all day trip on train up into Canadian wilderness. In the winter you stay on the train and see the beautiful snow, woods and sometimes wildlife. Train goes up and then the engine gets connected to the other end and takes you back. Be sure if you plan to go to Canada have your passport(best) or and enhanced drivers license. Check out customs rules on line to be sure.
If you come up there should be snow, but weather has been weird passed few years. We love the north and hope others do too. Welcome!
I second you on the Agawa train tours. It's been a lot of years since I went in the summer, but I hope this next year to go back. It is just fabulous. Wow, fascinating they run in the winter. Need to go then too. Rainbow, your would really love it up there.

Quote:
I wish I could meet with you all too, but will be back in Georgia, back at work again.

As for quoting, it's pretty easy. Look down to the lower right after the poster's signature. There is the word quote and to the right of that, a box with a " in it. If you hold your mouse over the ", you'll see that it says multiple quotes. If you click that, it will save that post, you can add more by clicking " for each you want to quote, when you're ready to quote them all, way over to the left at the end of the posts on that screen, there is a Post Reply, click that. It sets up the reply window with all those you selected to quote. You can type in between each one. Single quoting is a snap. Just click the word Quote and it goes into the reply window with just that one post quoted. Hope that helps.

Molly
Old 11-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #343  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

I would love to have some accountability friends on MFP. My username there is 3fcFishette. I wanted to be just Fishette, but would you believe that name is already taken! umph!

I sent an invitation to Halfagain and Lizzy63. Anyone else want to join me? Just go to the top tab that says "Community" and then a little tab line under that will appear with Find Members, and then you can search on 3fcFishette in the user name fields.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #344  
started IP 7/17/2012

Ok - I have sent friend requests on MFP to Fishette, Halfagain, and Greeniris! I feel more accountable already!

Fishette - I didn't get your request - have a different user name - somebody already had this one. No idea who it is that got that request!

Anyone else joining in?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #345  
IP Start 9/5/12

S/C/G: 195/167/150

Height: 5'5"

DOWNTON!!!

Ok - You ladies who were talking about Downton a couple days ago are in trouble!! RAINBOW...DANA, who was it! I didn't know what it was, so looked it up and have been streaming to my Kindle all day watching season 1. Haven't gotten a thing done today!!
Closed Thread